BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 73 of 220 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 2020 ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

Difficult question ... four-part answer:

1. From my perspective, YJ and TG were the only local clubs with multiple quality 2018 teams this Summer. For other clubs, there is a free fall in talent from "A" to "B".

2. When our daughter made 2018 White last year, we were concerned about skill level and "money team" issues. We are happy with the experience. The coaching was very good, and our daughter's lax skills visibly improved.

3. There is movement between teams. At least two girls from 2018 White made 2018 Black this year. Last year, five or six girls from Purple moved to Black.

4. I would seriously consider TG. If you try out for other clubs, evaluate the organization of the tryout and the skill-level of the kids. Compare / contrast to TG tryouts to help you decide.

Cheers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question???

How many new girls if any were added to the 2017 Black?

uote=Anonymous]Received results last night
[/quote]

No changes to team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

I think you should have her tryout for other clubs, Elevate is a great team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 2020 ?

went out last night too

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 2020 ?

went out last night too

Word is 20 black has at least one new player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If two girls went from white to black then its obvious last year was not a fair tryout. Political that they didn't even get purple. Purple must get grandfathered in. They can only move up or stay put. This is so easy to figure out. Now there's room on black so up the two whites go bypassing purple. Strange organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 2020 ?

went out last night too

Word is 20 black has at least one new player

There was at least one spot to be filled as there was one 2021 player dropping to own age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If two girls went from white to black then its obvious last year was not a fair tryout. Political that they didn't even get purple. Purple must get grandfathered in. They can only move up or stay put. This is so easy to figure out. Now there's room on black so up the two whites go bypassing purple. Strange organization.

Who said the teams were A, B, and C level? If you were there, you would know that they weren't. They were and A and two B's, so it's easy to see 2 kids going to black. Also, kids change a lot, over the course of a year, especially at this age, where some start developing, etc. It doesn't mean anyone's grandfathered in. And if someone was, do you think that doesn't happen in every organization? If that's what you think, you're really out of the loop! There are other factors too - positions, work ethic, coachability, future potential, PARENT BEHAVIOR, Calm down with the conspiracy and politics stuff. At 2017, kids moved up, down, and out. Every team is different, and nobody on here has all the facts...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't believe everything you read on this site. Call BS if you want the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so strange? Guess they performed well at the tryout. Not hard to figure out, not politics just perform

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Including you. I agree with previous poster. White a weak team. Weakest brackets in tournaments it seemed like. You can sugar coat it anyway you want that it's a second B team but its C. As far as grandfathered in I don't know but it's interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea which clubs are all
Girls clubs. I know YJ and TG and library are. Anyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to play on the 2017 white team for the Top Guns? Or should a girl play on a "lesser" club's A or B team? Is there any movement potential between white, purple or black?

Agree, 2017 hasn't been a particularly strong age for TG, can't imagine a 3rd team would be very competitive. I'd look for a one or two somewhere else and try-out again next year and see if I can land on #1 or #2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Including you. I agree with previous poster. White a weak team. Weakest brackets in tournaments it seemed like. You can sugar coat it anyway you want that it's a second B team but its C. As far as grandfathered in I don't know but it's interesting

Was your daughter on 2018 White?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, 2017 hasn't been a particularly strong age for TG, can't imagine a 3rd team would be very competitive. I'd look for a one or two somewhere else and try-out again next year and see if I can land on #1 or #2.

Not sure what you consider strong, but 2017 Black only lost 3 games all season. Lost to M&D 8-5 (competitive game), Skywalkers B 6-5 (competitive game) and Elevate, which they then went on to beat in another tournament. I would say pretty strong team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With 2017 being weak, they have little or no chance at repeating as notional champs next year. They may be able to draw some players up from 18, but that age group is a train reck as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak or disorganized?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2017 being weak, they have little or no chance at repeating as notional champs next year. They may be able to draw some players up from 18, but that age group is a train reck as well

While national championships are nice, the goal of these clubs is to improve one's skills.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure what you consider strong, but 2017 Black only lost 3 games all season. Lost to M&D 8-5 (competitive game), Skywalkers B 6-5 (competitive game) and Elevate, which they then went on to beat in another tournament. I would say pretty strong team.

Thanks for the clarification. We were wondering how they did this past summer. They may not be the best, but I'd say that's a pretty good season. Good for them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 Purple played all of the mst challenging teams in every tournament, and won. I think even BS would agree that one team is not stronger than the other. Not sure what the alent pool will be on the white team but there was plenty to chose from at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Title 9, Beach Bums, SC All-Stars, Adrenaline to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Title 9, Beach Bums, SC All-Stars, Adrenaline to name a few.

Team Elevate is all girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. A decent amount

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, why did you state that 2017 and 2018 are "train Wrecks?" Are they poorly coached; lack of talent; politics; chemistry of the players? I always thought TG 2017 and 2018 were fairly strong teams. Not as strong as YJ, but fairly strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you attended the 2017 tryouts , it was pretty clear the new talent that showed up. The turnout was huge. My daughter is on black & I myself was nervous for her & the others that have been together for years that they might be bumped. The black & purple had little to no movement so all these new really talented girls will form the white team. You never know , that might just be the better team & that is great. It does not matter if u are on team A,B,C,D the difference may be 2-3 girls who are exceptional . The fact is when they play against each other it is only a 1 goal difference. My oldest was on purple & received a better scholarship than her friends on black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you attended the 2017 tryouts , it was pretty clear the new talent that showed up. The turnout was huge. My daughter is on black & I myself was nervous for her & the others that have been together for years that they might be bumped. The black & purple had little to no movement so all these new really talented girls will form the white team. You never know , that might just be the better team & that is great. It does not matter if u are on team A,B,C,D the difference may be 2-3 girls who are exceptional . The fact is when they play against each other it is only a 1 goal difference. My oldest was on purple & received a better scholarship than her friends on black.

Not true, there was movement to both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, why did you state that 2017 and 2018 are "train Wrecks?" Are they poorly coached; lack of talent; politics; chemistry of the players? I always thought TG 2017 and 2018 were fairly strong teams. Not as strong as YJ, but fairly strong.

I think sour grapes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at the 2017 tryouts, and there was definitely a lot of solid, new talent - Elevate, YJ, Syosset, Wantagh, Bay Shore. Even though they added a 3rd team, there will still be about 20 girls not getting offers. If it was all about the money, they could've made 4 teams. Our daughter is on purple, and we weren't nervous, until we got to the tryouts. She made purple, but there will be about 8-9 new faces, including a very good goalie. A couple girls decided not to play travel lax, a few moved to white, and 1 moved to black. Some of the new players definitely got offers for white, as you said - I'm sure TG is trying to build strong purple and white teams, based on the moves/offers being made. Should be a very interesting, competitive year. Good luck to all the girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I was at the tryouts and could not believe how many girls showed up who really stepped up. These girls were probably better or even equal to the black players. BS would of had to cut half the black and purple teams if he didn't form the white team. The majority of parents there felt the same. This white team is going to be strong. I wish my daughter who is on purple would actually play for the white. There is no difference just that the Black & Purple have been together and sometimes if you just keep the players bc they have been on isn't a good thing. There are girls who should not be there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So of my daughter did not get an email, am I to assume she did not make the 2017 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the way they do it - no email "thanks for trying out". I think they could find a more considerate way to let girls know they haven't made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So of my daughter did not get an email, am I to assume she did not make the 2017 team?

Hang tight till next weekend..... Your daughter may be on the wait list . If a girl was moved from black or purple to purple or white they hold a roster spot on the team they have been moved to. Sometimes the player doesn't accept the spot. So if a black player was moved to purple and decides to leave TG for another program the top player from white gets moved to purple and the next highest rated player from the wait list gets offered white. This is the same spot my daughter was in two years ago and was placed on purple and she has developed as a player and has offers from two colleges . Hang tight your daughter may get a spot after all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the Long Island Top Guns sent emails for 2020
tryouts yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they beat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you might want to check your spam mail as our daughter's e-mail was found in there after many tears!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the Long Island Top Guns sent emails for 2020
tryouts yet?

Didn't try out, but post #39801 said they did send them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine how the selections would have turned out if the rumored plan of being a hs coach panned out. White, yes you could be a strong team, but unless you get promises and specific calls from SS or BS of the plans, stay where you are. Better yet, get the town together. The more you can play with your HS teammates the better off you will be. Ask the older girls from your HS who play Travel with their HS friends and teammats. Ask the parents of the older girls. Then make your selection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Seems to me that white feeds black and purple is stagnant. Another person stated something similar how whites move right to black. This is a little bizarre but maybe great strategy. Or tryouts are just to register kids and not for placement which maybe happens after seeing them perform during tourney season. Don't know. Just guessing but you are right on about the new talent

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 220 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard