BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2 way beat Express in the championship but for Long Island teams with all players OF AGE…agreed that no Express looked the best….I watched both Venom and Express play 2 way and they were completely different games….Venom rarely had the ball on the offensive whereas Express dominated the game with the exception of an enormous Faceoff kid on 2way. Express played more physical than any team I saw yesterday. I would say that after watching yesterdays games, Express has the #1 team on the Island and kudos to some great recruiting this summer.
Can someone get rebels and legacy a body bag?

I watched champ game as well and I could not get over how well express Faceoff did against that huge 2way fo. And express fo is small but he did very well. Venom fo did not do as well.
Agree express seemed to slip last year but now better than ever.
Legacy lumberjax continue legacy of beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams.
Rebels need to go back to the lab or they will be the next club to lose 28 team. See turtles RIP

I’ll take Venom FOGO every day and twice on Sundays

Most tournaments you have 3 games on Saturdays, you’ll need to bring a backup.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way beat Express in the championship but for Long Island teams with all players OF AGE…agreed that no Express looked the best….I watched both Venom and Express play 2 way and they were completely different games….Venom rarely had the ball on the offensive whereas Express dominated the game with the exception of an enormous Faceoff kid on 2way. Express played more physical than any team I saw yesterday. I would say that after watching yesterdays games, Express has the #1 team on the Island and kudos to some great recruiting this summer.
Can someone get rebels and legacy a body bag?

I watched champ game as well and I could not get over how well express Faceoff did against that huge 2way fo. And express fo is small but he did very well. Venom fo did not do as well.
Agree express seemed to slip last year but now better than ever.
Legacy lumberjax continue legacy of beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams.
Rebels need to go back to the lab or they will be the next club to lose 28 team. See turtles RIP

I’ll take Venom FOGO every day and twice on Sundays

Hydra looked like a solid B-Team. Maybe the Wolves is their AA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep seeing references to kids being older on here. What does older mean? 2028's should be 2009/2010 birthdays. Is the idea that there are 2008's playing or that there is a june 2009 kid who is not at the Sept 1 cutoff that is used in most sports?

I see the issue with a 2008 kid playing against a 2010 kid but I think the issue is overblown if an October 2009 ("on age") kid is playing against a June 2008 kid ("old"). If you think the 4-8 month difference is keeping Johnny from getting his Lax scholarship, I don't know what to tell you.

I also know for a fact that every team on the island has kids born before sept 2009.

Again, 2008 I get, but what is the cutoff here for "they are all older"??

One year is the difference. Not 8 or 10 months. For example. The holdback June kid born in 2008 vs. the non holdback kid born in June 2009. This isn't rocket science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy got shelled by Express. FOGO wasn't there (hurt), but wow. Express looked really good. FOGO or not, Legacy isn't winning that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next tourney on the island Tristar. Who’s in?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lookout for Leading Edge 2028 this year
Weren’t ready to face the big boys at the Columbus Day tournament?

LE will be making noise at the big tourneys this year. You'll see. Not sure this local LI tourney qualifies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep seeing references to kids being older on here. What does older mean? 2028's should be 2009/2010 birthdays. Is the idea that there are 2008's playing or that there is a june 2009 kid who is not at the Sept 1 cutoff that is used in most sports?

I see the issue with a 2008 kid playing against a 2010 kid but I think the issue is overblown if an October 2009 ("on age") kid is playing against a June 2008 kid ("old"). If you think the 4-8 month difference is keeping Johnny from getting his Lax scholarship, I don't know what to tell you.

I also know for a fact that every team on the island has kids born before sept 2009.

One year is the difference. Not 8 or 10 months. For example. The holdback June kid born in 2008 vs. the non holdback kid born in June 2009. This isn't rocket science.

What team has kids born in June 2008? Be specific please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On L.I? None. In MD? Plenty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I’m wrong, if a kid on 2028 team has a birthday June of 2009 he cannot play in World Series correct? They have cutoff at September 2009 correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something stinks in le le legacy land when dune dawgs have the best day out of their what 3 28 teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical internet troll.

Just say anything without actual knowledge.

Go away liar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I’m wrong, if a kid on 2028 team has a birthday June of 2009 he cannot play in World Series correct? They have cutoff at September 2009 correct?

The circuit tournament people have decided that June 2009 is on age lol. Why? Because money for their tournament.

Don’t be surprised when World Series changes to June 2009 also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy got shelled by Express. FOGO wasn't there (hurt), but wow. Express looked really good. FOGO or not, Legacy isn't winning that game.

No chance. Express was faster, bigger, better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The circuit tournament people have decided that June 2009 is on age lol. Why? Because money for their tournament.

Your a real winner that will make them 14 and Correct me if I'm wrong this is the only on age 13 year old tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your a real winner that will make them 14 and Correct me if I'm wrong this is the only on age 13 year old tournament.

I’ll correct you that kids born in June 2009 are 13 and not 14.

How can you be that slow?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, the consensus here is is basically if you were born in 2009 or later you are on age. The cutoff seems to be any 2008 birthday. Given that, here's a suggestion (yes, I realize I'm speaking to a message board):

Up until HS make it 2009 and younger if kids can play up.
2010 and younger if kids can play up
2011 and younger....

That way any "young" 2028 today (a 2010 birthday) has the option of playing up with the 2009's.

If grade matters that much, you make the cutoff August or september of each birth year.

what am i missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll correct you that kids born in June 2009 are 13 and not 14.

How can you be that slow?
The World Series June 28-July 1 2023 So if your birthday is June 2009 your 14. Someone dropped out of school. That’s why you’re on here wanting your slow son to play younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

these rules just get pulled out of the sky

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any information on this for this age group?

https://neselectlacrosse.com/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, some of you doorknobs have kids that already turned 14 playing against kids that are still 11yrs old in 6th grade?
14 in 6th grade!!!!
The circuit is no different than the NLF with respect to grade vs age. It may be even worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, some of you doorknobs have kids that already turned 14 playing against kids that are still 11yrs old in 6th grade?
14 in 6th grade!!!!
The circuit is no different than the NLF with respect to grade vs age. It may be even worse.

This is 2028.

They are in 7th grade.

Rage on. But rage accurately doorknob.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in 6th grade!!!!

Wrong. NLF clubs encourage 8th grade kids to play down with 7th graders even if they haven't reclassed in school. That's cheating.

At least the Circuit verifies their grade level with report cards. NLF doesn't even try to give the appearance of creating a balanced playing field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the circuit (a tournament) being compared to the NLF?

These are just random selections of kids on national teams who might play a handful of tournaments together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in 6th grade!!!!

Wrong. NLF clubs encourage 8th grade kids to play down with 7th graders even if they haven't reclassed in school. That's cheating.

At least the Circuit verifies their grade level with report cards. NLF doesn't even try to give the appearance of creating a balanced playing field.

The circuit just posted on IG a '28 who just turned 14.
What does it matter if they actually reclass or not?
The on age kid still has to play the older kid regardless of the dense reclass verification system or what your college strategy is.

That's what none of these parents seem to understand. The on age kid playing doesn't care if they actually reclassed or not. He's still playing a high school kid pretending to be a MS kid.

Club lacrosse is a racket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in 6th grade!!!!

The on age kid still has to play the older kid regardless of the dense reclass verification system or what your college strategy is.

That's what none of these parents seem to understand. The on age kid playing doesn't care if they actually reclassed or not. He's still playing a high school kid pretending to be a MS kid.

How do you know how old he is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 in 6th grade!!!!

If it bothers you so much why are you following the page then lol.

Your just making yourself angry and bitter dude. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adults ruining youth sports as usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, the consensus here is is basically if you were born in 2009 or later you are on age. The cutoff seems to be any 2008 birthday. Given that, here's a suggestion (yes, I realize I'm speaking to a message board):

2011 and younger....

That way any "young" 2028 today (a 2010 birthday) has the option of playing up with the 2009's.

If grade matters that much, you make the cutoff August or september of each birth year.

what am i missing?

this isn’t anyone’s consensus. What is wrong with you.

On age is the last 4 months of 2009 and all of 2010. No one thinks that all of 2009 is on age for 2028.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2011 and younger....

what am i missing?

this isn’t anyone’s consensus. What is wrong with you.

On age is the last 4 months of 2009 and all of 2010. No one thinks that all of 2009 is on age for 2028.

Correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough of this age nonsense... let's talk about something important. Like Surge or Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Rebels propagandist….

Please try to spin this. The 2028 Rebels so far are 2-10-1 and every team they haven’t lost two has a total of zero wins in their respective tournaments. We still haven’t seen the Falcons, maybe they are the AA team that was promised. Most parents understand Quality>> Quantity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Rebels propagandist….

Please try to spin this. The 2028 Rebels so far are 2-10-1 and every team they haven’t lost two has a total of zero wins in their respective tournaments. We still haven’t seen the Falcons, maybe they are the AA team that was promised. Most parents understand Quality>> Quantity

You must be new here. There is no rebels propagandist. It’s a troll. Comes on every board for every age group and trolls people like you who are gullible enough to take the bait. But you didn’t just take the bait. You got hooked and landed and are on your way to market. You actually found the free time on a beautiful Sunday to look up the records of not only the rebels but also the teams they have played. I think you may have a problem. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the rebel wolves an A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to their website wolves and hydra are AA teams

Where are Igloo, BTB and S2S?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are the rebel wolves an A team?

Red wolves is their B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Leading Edge not play any teams from NJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of A, B, C - Rebels have a B team (Hydra) and then their other 2 teams for this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the circuit -

It was a well run tournament. Kids seemed to have a blast.

The competition was a bit lopsided. There were some extremely overmatched teams who should reevaluate everything. However there really was a broad selection of terrific talent from all over the country.

Regarding age - with them moving the age to 6/1 and then allowing exceptions to allow the really old kids to play, AND the fact that no one seemed to check anything, I’m comfortable saying the “fair and safe” play.

Whatever. It’s club lacrosse. It’s how it is. Carry on.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the circuit -

It was a well run tournament. Kids seemed to have a blast.

The competition was a bit lopsided. There were some extremely overmatched teams who should reevaluate everything. However there really was a broad selection of terrific talent from all over the country.

Regarding age - with them moving the age to 6/1 and then allowing exceptions to allow the really old kids to play, AND the fact that no one seemed to check anything, I’m comfortable saying the “fair and safe” play.

Whatever. It’s club lacrosse. It’s how it is. Carry on.

Agree, it was well run and kids had fun. Something as simple as the starters walking out and shaking hands was a good gesture. Never felt rushed like many tournaments do to stay on time.

The competition was lopsided at times. I think a rude awakening for teams that threw together random kids and held a single practice earlier in the day.

I'd anticipate both the number of teams and quality of play to be bigger and better next year.

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard