BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,553
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want about Surge, but any other organization out there have close to what 91 has. 91’s 2nd team is competing with other organizations first team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is the the rebels are the #3 guy today? They looked rough today

And before it starts…. Probably every team was missing key players today

Signed express parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want about Surge, but any other organization out there have close to what 91 has. 91’s 2nd team is competing with other organizations first team.

False , 91s teams play horrible B level teams at their own weak tournaments so relax and stop drinking the 91 Kool aid .....they say the same thing every year for every grade level .it's sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say that in English so we can understand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shout out to prime time for always showing up against top teams. Never a good showing but they keep at it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way made this tourney so much more interesting

Especially if they bring all their holdbacks.

The roster is already filled with holdbacks. It’s more, will they bring their 2027’s with them.

And the answer is yes. They have no shame.

They had 27’s. I don’t get why they would want to play 28’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#3 was the fogo last year and he was there today

Are you having a conversation with yourself?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way and Express were clearly the two best teams out there today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express was best LI team out there today no question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

If they did not indeed reclass, they should be banned. Not a fan of reclassing kids for sports, butnits part of the game. What’s NOT apart of the game is kids in 8th grade playing in a 7th grade league. That’s cheating.

What's the difference?
The scenario that is acceptable is paid for, and the one that is not acceptable, is not paid for.
Same same.
The end result is the same.

Reclassing 11yr old's is insane but it can't be that only the private school kids get to do it.
There is a HUGE difference. If you reclass, it means you actually do exactly that— you repeat the grade you just finished. What you CANNOT do is say, “hey, I’m thinking about reclassing sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I’ll play down a grade even though I’m still the grade ahead.”

If you don’t get that, you’re a hammerhead.

Your ability to pay for a private school and holdback your kid doesn't actually change your kids age.
You know this right?

Is the 12yr old suddenly 10yrs old because his parents paid for a private school and the 10yr old's parents couldn't afford it?
If a 10yr old has to play a 12yr old - what difference is it to the 10yr old if the older kid reclassed or not?
The 11yr old still has to play against the 13yr old regardless of what "legal" way was paid to get the upper hand against him.

Its about the kids on the field. Not your college strategy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a parent making fun of the troll who comes on here who boasts about the rebels even though they aren’t affiliated with the rebels.
And the second part of their statement is directed at teams complaining that they were missing key players. Even though nobody came on here complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the questions from September have been answered…which 2028 “AA” LI teams got better and which got worse after tryouts??

Express-clearly better
Venom-stayed the same which isn’t a negative
Rush-looked like they got better but still a B team compared to Express & Venom
Legacy-scary how bad they got
Rebels-no words for that mess

Scores don’t lie…today answered all of the questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get your facts straight
Surge did 10 tournament last year between B and A
They went to 7 championships and won 5
They dominated in the B and held there own in the mid to low A last year.

How did surge do today?

You serious? They played up in competition as opposed to playing in the other division and dominating.

Surge coach - you shouldn't come on here, hype your team up like you do, then when you get waxed... use the "but, we played up" as an excuse. It's fine to be a very good B team with 32 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2 2028 teams from LI will be able to compete nationally. Express and 91. Same story as almost every other grade year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a parent making fun of the troll who comes on here who boasts about the rebels even though they aren’t affiliated with the rebels.
And the second part of their statement is directed at teams complaining that they were missing key players. Even though nobody came on here complaining.

Why would a non rebel parent/person boast about rebels?
Rebels seemed to have a new coach what happened to old coach???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s September which is early but ask yourself, did my kid play today? If not, time to re-evaluate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I swear I heard this yesterday at the 91-2way game. My son plays for another team but it was an earlier game so I got to see some of it.

“Oh nice they brought in ——-, he should help a lot, nice they brought in ——- as well. We should be very strong today”

I only saw 3 new helmets for 91 and they all seem to be on the team, so I’m assuming I overheard 2way parents.

This is despicable and needs to be addressed and fixed, and yes parents you are the problem for allowing this to happen. Whichever team was bringing in players for the tournament should be ashamed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has two 2028's that play on Machine. So it could have very well been 91 parents you overheard.
Parent's don't care they just like the swag just as much as the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

If they did not indeed reclass, they should be banned. Not a fan of reclassing kids for sports, butnits part of the game. What’s NOT apart of the game is kids in 8th grade playing in a 7th grade league. That’s cheating.

What's the difference?
The scenario that is acceptable is paid for, and the one that is not acceptable, is not paid for.
Same same.
The end result is the same.

Reclassing 11yr old's is insane but it can't be that only the private school kids get to do it.
There is a HUGE difference. If you reclass, it means you actually do exactly that— you repeat the grade you just finished. What you CANNOT do is say, “hey, I’m thinking about reclassing sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I’ll play down a grade even though I’m still the grade ahead.”

If you don’t get that, you’re a hammerhead.

Your ability to pay for a private school and holdback your kid doesn't actually change your kids age.
You know this right?

Is the 12yr old suddenly 10yrs old because his parents paid for a private school and the 10yr old's parents couldn't afford it?
If a 10yr old has to play a 12yr old - what difference is it to the 10yr old if the older kid reclassed or not?
The 11yr old still has to play against the 13yr old regardless of what "legal" way was paid to get the upper hand against him.

Its about the kids on the field. Not your college strategy.

^ This ^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s September which is early but ask yourself, did my kid play today? If not, time to re-evaluate

It’s October.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is better than venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will surpass Venom. Daddy ball catching up with them. Express well coached and coaches play the best kids. Leave Surge alone. They are probably the top B level team and are not in the class of A teams, but give them credit for challenging themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has two 2028's that play on Machine. So it could have very well been 91 parents you overheard.
Parent's don't care they just like the swag just as much as the kids.

Those 28’s are now on Venom- so let’s put that 1 to bed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will surpass Venom. Daddy ball catching up with them. Express well coached and coaches play the best kids. Leave Surge alone. They are probably the top B level team and are not in the class of A teams, but give them credit for challenging themselves.

Agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way beat Express in the championship but for Long Island teams with all players OF AGE…agreed that no Express looked the best….I watched both Venom and Express play 2 way and they were completely different games….Venom rarely had the ball on the offensive whereas Express dominated the game with the exception of an enormous Faceoff kid on 2way. Express played more physical than any team I saw yesterday. I would say that after watching yesterdays games, Express has the #1 team on the Island and kudos to some great recruiting this summer.
Can someone get rebels and legacy a body bag?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did LI Express pick up some new players, because they could not compete this past summer off the Island. By the looks of this weekend, they must have gotten some new talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way beat Express in the championship but for Long Island teams with all players OF AGE…agreed that no Express looked the best….I watched both Venom and Express play 2 way and they were completely different games….Venom rarely had the ball on the offensive whereas Express dominated the game with the exception of an enormous Faceoff kid on 2way. Express played more physical than any team I saw yesterday. I would say that after watching yesterdays games, Express has the #1 team on the Island and kudos to some great recruiting this summer.

I watched champ game as well and I could not get over how well express Faceoff did against that huge 2way fo. And express fo is small but he did very well. Venom fo did not do as well.
Agree express seemed to slip last year but now better than ever.
Legacy lumberjax continue legacy of beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams.
Rebels need to go back to the lab or they will be the next club to lose 28 team. See turtles RIP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree

While I give the team credit, when the 91 surge parents have an ounce of a success they too become just as obnoxious as all the rest of 91 parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep seeing references to kids being older on here. What does older mean? 2028's should be 2009/2010 birthdays. Is the idea that there are 2008's playing or that there is a june 2009 kid who is not at the Sept 1 cutoff that is used in most sports?

I see the issue with a 2008 kid playing against a 2010 kid but I think the issue is overblown if an October 2009 ("on age") kid is playing against a June 2008 kid ("old"). If you think the 4-8 month difference is keeping Johnny from getting his Lax scholarship, I don't know what to tell you.

I also know for a fact that every team on the island has kids born before sept 2009.

Again, 2008 I get, but what is the cutoff here for "they are all older"??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Rebels chin up you have better record then Legacy had in their first tournament. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every venom player. Middle and attackman from 2027. Both reclassed playing with the 28 team. Neither make a difference lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People always want to bash Venom, it’s comical. One fall tournament and Express is the best team. It’s like working out one day and hoping to be skinny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep seeing references to kids being older on here. What does older mean? 2028's should be 2009/2010 birthdays. Is the idea that there are 2008's playing or that there is a june 2009 kid who is not at the Sept 1 cutoff that is used in most sports?

I see the issue with a 2008 kid playing against a 2010 kid but I think the issue is overblown if an October 2009 ("on age") kid is playing against a June 2008 kid ("old"). If you think the 4-8 month difference is keeping Johnny from getting his Lax scholarship, I don't know what to tell you.

I also know for a fact that every team on the island has kids born before sept 2009.

Again, 2008 I get, but what is the cutoff here for "they are all older"??

Adam’s apples, man size body and facial hair. Yes 8 months matters at this age but it’s more like a year older usually. You see it clear as day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched champ game as well and I could not get over how well express Faceoff did against that huge 2way fo. And express fo is small but he did very well. Venom fo did not do as well.
Legacy lumberjax continue legacy of beating mediocre teams and losing to good teams.
Rebels need to go back to the lab or they will be the next club to lose 28 team. See turtles RIP

Yea faceoffs matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every venom player. Middle and attackman from 2027. Both reclassed playing with the 28 team. Neither make a difference lmao

Nope not true - actual legit 2028s who played up on Machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lookout for Leading Edge 2028 this year
Weren’t ready to face the big boys at the Columbus Day tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People always want to bash Venom, it’s comical. One fall tournament and Express is the best team. It’s like working out one day and hoping to be skinny.

Very early but based off weekend express looked next level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big FOGO for 2Way was the kid from Express North

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll take Venom FOGO every day and twice on Sundays

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard