BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amazing how just 2 or so kids can change a team. Do you think hawks are the most complete team?

Hawks are the best team we played this year, and the best team to watch outside of your own. Venom is 1A in my opinion which anonymously doesn't mean a thing but.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Rankings:
Why isn't anyone mentioning:
Maddog National, JM3 or West Coast Stars...all in the top ten end of season rankings.

Under NO circumstance should JM3 or Nations Best be ranked. Period. They played 13 and 9 games over the past 12 months, respectively. That does not qualify as a team.

Your team must have lost to one of those teams. JM3, the team everyone is wondering about and want to be on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Rankings:
Why isn't anyone mentioning:
Maddog National, JM3 or West Coast Stars...all in the top ten end of season rankings.

Under NO circumstance should JM3 or Nations Best be ranked. Period. They played 13 and 9 games over the past 12 months, respectively. That does not qualify as a team.

Your team must have lost to one of those teams. JM3, the team everyone is wondering about and want to be on.
Nope. Never played em. Would love to, but they’re seeking out powder puff events in the off-season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how just 2 or so kids can change a team. Do you think hawks are the most complete team?

Hawks are the best team we played this year, and the best team to watch outside of your own. Venom is 1A in my opinion which anonymously doesn't mean a thing but.

Hmmm. Madlax beat Venom soundly, I think it was 8-3 final at NAL. Madlax is also the only team that beat 2Way and their 2027 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. Madlax beat Venom soundly, I think it was 8-3 final at NAL. Madlax is also the only team that beat 2Way and their 2027 kids.

Maybe because Madlax has 13 and 14yr olds.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Madlax beat Venom at NAL (after venom took it to the Hawks). And you’re actually wrong- Venom handled 2way at Tristar pretty soundly. Those 4 teams all great- pretty even but 2way should drop with their 27’s leaving

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, if it was true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Madlax beat Venom at NAL (after venom took it to the Hawks). And you’re actually wrong- Venom handled 2way at Tristar pretty soundly. Those 4 teams all great- pretty even but 2way should drop with their 27’s leaving

Is this true or is this all nonsense. If it is true, honestly the coach should go to the tourney director and call them out. But it better be true if you are accusing somebody of cheating. Happened last fall and it was enforced by the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, if it was true.

IF it was true?? You don’t know much about that team then. I won’t talk about specific kids but they have many kids over age. They can’t compete with Long Island teams at the World Series because it is the one tournament that is age based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this true or is this all nonsense. If it is true, honestly the coach should go to the tourney director and call them out. But it better be true if you are accusing somebody of cheating. Happened last fall and it was enforced by the tourney.

100% true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a 14 year old on Madlax dooombarse. ML smokes all the Atlantic and New England state teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is true
Flat out wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are 2way doing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a 14 year old on Madlax dooombarse. ML smokes all the Atlantic and New England state teams.

Madlax has older kids flat out. Your attackman will be 14 any minute. Don’t believe me check out the Maryland BOTC forum. They all acknowledge Madlax among others have older kids. Some of this is due to different school cutoff dates and some of it is holdbacks. They don’t play in the World Series for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax has older kids flat out. Your attackman will be 14 any minute. Don’t believe me check out the Maryland BOTC forum. They all acknowledge Madlax among others have older kids. Some of this is due to different school cutoff dates and some of it is holdbacks. They don’t play in the World Series for a reason.
Clearly you haven’t played Madlax or you’d have seen the 3 Attackmen are the smallest kids on the field, both teams included. They are 12 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you haven’t played Madlax or you’d have seen the 3 Attackmen are the smallest kids on the field, both teams included. They are 12 years old.

Maybe - but we have seen that middy and it’s well known how old he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax #47 is huge and almost 2 years older than everyone he plays against. Now you can go back to the Maryland board Madlax Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#47 is a reclass and is 13, and he is the only reclass on ML. Quit making things up and then hedging when you are proven wrong because it's a bad look. I know it's irritating you lost to ML (badly I might add), but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I will admit, #47 is big. You should see his brothers who played O-line in college or his sister who plays D1 volley ball. They are all massive. Nothing you can do about that, but I would say he is smaller than #11 defender on Venom and #20 defender on Shore2Shore. Weird nobody brings them up....probably because #47 is a baller. He's also considerably younger than #1 and #8 from 2Way.

The rest of ML is small, particularly their attack who scores most of the team's points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#47 is a reclass and is 13, and he is the only reclass on ML. Quit making things up and then hedging when you are proven wrong because it's a bad look. I know it's irritating you lost to ML (badly I might add), but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I will admit, #47 is big. You should see his brothers who played O-line in college or his sister who plays D1 volley ball. They are all massive. Nothing you can do about that, but I would say he is smaller than #11 defender on Venom and #20 defender on Shore2Shore. Weird nobody brings them up....probably because #47 is a baller. He's also considerably younger than #1 and #8 from 2Way.

The rest of ML is small, particularly their attack who scores most of the team's points.

What makes you think he is younger than the 2way kids? Isn’t he a 2008 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think he is younger than the 2way kids? Isn’t he a 2008 ?

Many rumor weeds on him but consensus is he's a Dec 2008 late class. Also, some info he tore up attack for ML 27's with many complaints he was a 26 reclass. Was moved to ML28 to make room for coaches kid who came over from BLC during the ML raid of that team and add size to a tiny ML28 team at the time. Regardless, the kid is very talented and has a two handed accurate cannon for a shot especially lefty. Plays with vision and a bit of an edge. Tired of him beating us but love watching him play and he's a really nice kid who's friends with my son and a bunch of his teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When 47 came over from ML 27 to 28s he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He's improved a ton and did the hard work himself. He came to ML before the BLC transition. Thus ML27 lefty came after (and should not be on the Cap Team fwiw). My son has been on 28s for years. That is the time line.

He is a great kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s great that these older kids are great but that is the reason these teams are beating on age teams. It’s a shame but it is what it is for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how the MD dad’s think if you have a nice term like reclass it makes it ok. He’s playing DOWN! I’m sure all his brothers and sister are big, they also play down and beat up on younger kids? Also Madlax has a kid that flies in from Texas to play with them, ridiculous! Go back to the Maryland board. You won’t find sympathy here for teams that cheat like Madlax and use older kids.We don’t play kids down here, if anything our kids want and do play up a grade if they are good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do yourselves a favor and just read the Maryland board right now and you will see how pervasive this reclass nonsense is. These parents are holding their kids back in school for sports and then puff their chests out when 14 year old Johnny this summer scores against 12 yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over the reclass stuff. It is part of the landscape of lacrosse. Is it not? And what is so wrong about giving your son every opportunity the sport can offer.

The last three number 1 players in their respective classes were all holdbacks. And my guess if they were all reclassed well before HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how the MD dad’s think if you have a nice term like reclass it makes it ok. He’s playing DOWN! I’m sure all his brothers and sister are big, they also play down and beat up on younger kids? Also Madlax has a kid that flies in from Texas to play with them, ridiculous! Go back to the Maryland board. You won’t find sympathy here for teams that cheat like Madlax and use older kids.We don’t play kids down here, if anything our kids want and do play up a grade if they are good enough.
Venom got BLOWN OUT by Madlax 8-3. Hit the wall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do yourselves a favor and just read the Maryland board right now and you will see how pervasive this reclass nonsense is. These parents are holding their kids back in school for sports and then puff their chests out when 14 year old Johnny this summer scores against 12 yr olds.

Is that why St John’s wore St Anthony’s like an old hat this spring? Because they’re older?? Haaaaa. You’re a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]#47 is a reclass and is 13, and he is the only reclass on ML. Quit making things up and then hedging when you are proven wrong because it's a bad look. I know it's irritating you lost to ML (badly I might add), but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I will admit, #47 is big. You should see his brothers who played O-line in college or his sister who plays D1 volley ball. They are all massive. Nothing you can do about that, but I would say he is smaller than #11 defender on Venom and #20 defender on Shore2Shore. Weird nobody brings them up....probably because #47 is a baller. He's also considerably younger than #1 and #8 from 2Way.

No one brings up Venom or S2S kids because they are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that why St John’s wore St Anthony’s like an old hat this spring? Because they’re older?? Haaaaa. You’re a joke.

A joke is a parent making their child repeat a grade for sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over the reclass stuff. It is part of the landscape of lacrosse. Is it not? And what is so wrong about giving your son every opportunity the sport can offer.

The last three number 1 players in their respective classes were all holdbacks. And my guess if they were all reclassed well before HS.

So you admit it gives them an advantage over the on age kids but at the same time you want everyone else to give them full credit for being a “baller”. Yeh that’s not happening. You should learn a little about the negative affects, emotionally and psychologically of holding a child back in grammar school. Good luck to your holdback. I wish them full success which would be a scholarship and a 35k a yr job as a pro lax player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sticky socks loves this St. John’s win! He obsessed about it, maybe the 5th time he’s mentioned it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe so, but college coaches don’t seem to mind… and the reclassed kids tend to dominate…. So, in the end, your kid will work for his kid who goes to Harvard to play lax. But hey, you can feel great about yourself for making little Johnny duke it out with kids a year older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sticky socks loves this St. John’s win! He obsessed about it, maybe the 5th time he’s mentioned it.

Because it’s just so good!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
a lot of these parents fantasies are doomed if club lacrosse ever goes back to age vs grade. Until then, well played rich people.... you outplayed the middle class again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe so, but college coaches don’t seem to mind… and the reclassed kids tend to dominate…. So, in the end, your kid will work for his kid who goes to Harvard to play lax. But hey, you can feel great about yourself for making little Johnny duke it out with kids a year older

Valid point. Don’t blame the kids or the parents who are smart enough to re-class and dominate kids a year younger. Their kids are going to take the spots to play lacrosse at Duke, Princeton, Yale, etc. Facts are the facts and the kids who are playing down are simply better on average than the kids playing on age. Again, blame the system which I would agree is flawed for not doing it by age. But you really can’t blame the parents. They’re the smartest ones in the room. And my kid is not held back, too late. Already in seventh grade I wouldn’t do that at this point as much as I would like to give him an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you admit it gives them an advantage over the on age kids but at the same time you want everyone else to give them full credit for being a “baller”. Yeh that’s not happening. You should learn a little about the negative affects, emotionally and psychologically of holding a child back in grammar school. Good luck to your holdback. I wish them full success which would be a scholarship and a 35k a yr job as a pro lax player.

You should focus on the positives and understand a lot these holdbacks happen so much earlier, most just start school late, Any opportunity to help gain entrance to a better college and a perhaps scholarship or not. And I think that is the motivation for holding back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should focus on the positives and understand a lot these holdbacks happen so much earlier, most just start school late, Any opportunity to help gain entrance to a better college and a perhaps scholarship or not. And I think that is the motivation for holding back.

We know WHY they are doing it. They are exploiting a loophole for personal gain at the expense of others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s never too late as many reclassify as late as 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Being a holdback is necessary to get to the top of the lacrosse mountain. But two things to consider: the lacrosse mountain is a mere hill when compared to the major college sports. Second, the majority of holdbacks do not have the same success. Lacrosse only highlights the success stories. But no one sees all the reclasses that it doesn’t help. The combination of those two things means that the majority of kids shouldn’t reclass because it doesn’t make sense for most.

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard