BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,228
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 124 of 259 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 258 259
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw Madlax play today for the first time. I’ve read about the parents on here and you are all correct. They are appalling and trashy. What was more shocking though was the behavior of the players on the sideline and on the field. Worst sportsmanship I’ve seen in a very long time.

That is such a crock of garbage… honestly. There is really no love between the Hawks and ML, but one thing I will say is when the boys come off the field, they comment how nice the kids are. They all follow each other on social media and are very complimentary of each other. Same goes for NL. Stop trying to put a target on kids backs, that is lower than low.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. Right when u think you have a coach who misbehaves, play Express North to feel better. That HC is a legit maniac.

Hah! So true (not EN or ML parent)

Couldn’t agree more. Have witnessed that guy standing around watching other teams play and say the most hateful things. Not to mention the blatant lies he tells his players to make them feel better about a loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Madlax play today for the first time. I’ve read about the parents on here and you are all correct. They are appalling and trashy. What was more shocking though was the behavior of the players on the sideline and on the field. Worst sportsmanship I’ve seen in a very long time.

Examples?
There was an incident on the sideline today ML against EN. An X North starting chatting at a ML player and a ML parent said to keep his comments directed to coaches or other, but not players. Which is right. Both sides escalated the argument very quickly… I suspect this EN parent is the troll here, he and a couple of moms were completely unhinged. I’m a parent from OH and I witnessed it all. The EN parent was wrong, and the ML parents were actually fun to be around this weekend. Very gracious towards us. FWIW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the behavior of EN and the 7th graders of 2Way, it’s safe to say CT lacrosse is the most classless brand around.

The whole culture up there is just garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

Very fair. Only other team that I think could make a legit argument for top 10 is Laxachusetts. I could argue that the 2 Express teams have had better summers than NL and FCA, but they are all very close.

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
2 MA (if you include LXC)
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North not a Top 10 team. They’re just not. Haven’t beaten a top 10 team all summer, and have gotten rolled like 10 times.
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.

They’re just not. Neither is LI Express. WCS are top 10. Laxachussetts, ADVNC Aksewanse Thunder should be ahead of LIE and Ex North.

Except if you look at US clublax you see that express north beat some good teams including laxachussetts, thunder and BBL who you have a above them. So there’s those facts…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

Very fair. Only other team that I think could make a legit argument for top 10 is Laxachusetts. I could argue that the 2 Express teams have had better summers than NL and FCA, but they are all very close.

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
2 MA (if you include LXC)
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North not a Top 10 team. They’re just not. Haven’t beaten a top 10 team all summer, and have gotten rolled like 10 times.
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.

They’re just not. Neither is LI Express. WCS are top 10. Laxachussetts, ADVNC Aksewanse Thunder should be ahead of LIE and Ex North.

Except if you look at US clublax you see that express north beat some good teams including laxachussetts, thunder and BBL who you have a above them. So there’s those facts…
Fair enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Examples?

Translation , my son didnt make ML and I have an axe to grind. Sorry , all players cant be elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all of the 2028 teams in our area on STRONG summers

Madlax win NLF and NAL
(lost to Hawks in 1 championship game, and lost in semis in Naptowne, semis at PrimeTime)

Hawks win Naptown and Summer Exposure
(Lost semis in NAL and 5th at PrimeTime)

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North beat Thunder in their only matchup this summer and beat LXC all three times they played this summer (and none of those games particularly close). Def a step behind the top 28clubs, but not behind these two you mention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL
(lost to Hawks in 1 championship game, and lost in semis in Naptowne, semis at PrimeTime)

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

This post is exactly why MadLax parents are so insufferable.
You don’t even see it which is the best part.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

What makes you think this is a ML parent??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

What makes you think this is a ML parent??

The bad grammar reeks of Mclean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

Did NL crabs or FCA really not win a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on the board have a (reasoned) opinion on what club would be good for an athletic 12 yo whose skills put him on the bubble for elite play? My thought would be he’d do better at a competitive AAAA rather than a lower level elite because he would start on a competitive team rather than sub for a losing team. Although, I could see that s superior coaching might change the equation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on the board have a (reasoned) opinion on what club would be good for an athletic 12 yo whose skills put him on the bubble for elite play? My thought would be he’d do better at a competitive AAAA rather than a lower level elite because he would start on a competitive team rather than sub for a losing team. Although, I could see that s superior coaching might change the equation.

Not being a fool but how are you so sure he would start for AAAA/sub for lower elite?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted a word as it goes against our community forum standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should definitely go play on a AAA team. Nothing more important than reps in a game, where he can develop the game IQ it would take to play in HS. Can only run drills so many times, gotta develop some intuition through game experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was a stand out on rec and I’ve seen the elite and AAAA teams play some games. So it’s not an uneducated opinion but obviously I have some biases

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you located? How far are you willing to drive for practices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One attackman coming down who was playing up. Not a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is he on now? If you don't want to identify the team, at least describe what level it is currently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is he on now? If you don't want to identify the team, at least describe what level it is currently.

Said he is playing Rec correct?

Its possible to make that jump. But if playing time is part of what your looking for, I’d start in lower club levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

NL, the vaunted HOCO champs win ZERO tourneys.

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.
All 3 are still VERY good teams, particularly FCA and NL. Crabs on the rise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

(Lost semis in NAL and 5th at PrimeTime

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.

When those kids look back on things later in life they will always wonder how their lives could have been better had they just found a way to win a summer tourney in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.
All 3 are still VERY good teams, particularly FCA and NL. Crabs on the rise
Next Level didn’t have a single win this summer against a top 30 team. Have they lost players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.

When those kids look back on things later in life they will always wonder how their lives could have been better had they just found a way to win a summer tourney in 6th grade.

Ha ha! Imagine feeling the need to brag about your kid's team winning a tshirt at a weekend tournament and then going online to research other youth tournaments you didn't even attend. Then trying to demean other kids for winning 'nothing' even though the last time all those teams played NL beat Madlax and Crabs and FCA both beat Hawks. So congrats on the STRONG summer and better luck next spring!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.

Ha ha! Imagine feeling the need to brag about your kid's team winning a tshirt at a weekend tournament and then going online to research other youth tournaments you didn't even attend. Then trying to demean other kids for winning 'nothing' even though the last time all those teams played NL beat Madlax and Crabs and FCA both beat Hawks. So congrats on the STRONG summer and better luck next spring!
So NL is hanging their hat on a spring rec league title. 8 games over 8 weeks. OK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax win NLF and NAL

NL win nothing
Crabs won nothing
FCA won nothing

FCA won zero tourneys.

Crabs won zero tourneys.

So NL is hanging their hat on a spring rec league title. 8 games over 8 weeks. OK.

So now winning the HOCO league doesn’t matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sinking feeling when Madlax dad rolls up to tryouts and only sees B team helmets...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sinking feeling when Madlax dad rolls up to tryouts and only sees B team helmets...

That sinking feeling when NL parents roll up to a tournament they voted to go to and have a bunch of families bail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2028 embodies everything that is wrong with youth sports - particularly lacrosse.

The children on the team are nice boys though and I wish them well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There FO guy and top middie was out due to injuries - who are top in class. ML Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Capital has won nothing this summer.

When Madlax brings in their out of town kids (or kid) they win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, where's the "you're a clown, you know nothing!" guy to remind us that "the kid isn't 15, he's only 14! And extremely big boned! But he has no impact on the ML results so stop worrying about it! Wait, I mean, he's really important to the team! His whole family is extremely tall! ARRRRRGGGGH so angry!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, where's the "you're a clown, you know nothing!" guy to remind us that "the kid isn't 15, he's only 14! And extremely big boned! But he has no impact on the ML results so stop worrying about it! Wait, I mean, he's really important to the team! His whole family is extremely tall! ARRRRRGGGGH so angry!"

Literally, are you okay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accurate.

But the coaching from the ML parent's sideline is impeccable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accurate.

The trolls on here are out of control. Have you nothing better to do but make anonymous comments about people you don’t know….Not to mention the CHILDREN. Their are children that read this forum, imagine their thoughts about reading the hateful (and mostly untrue) things that are said. Shame on you grown adults that are sucking all the fun out of watching ALL OF OUR amazingly talented children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accurate.

The trolls on here are out of control. Have you nothing better to do but make anonymous comments about people you don’t know….Not to mention the CHILDREN. Their are children that read this forum, imagine their thoughts about reading the hateful (and mostly untrue) things that are said. Shame on you grown adults that are sucking all the fun out of watching ALL OF OUR amazingly talented children.

Couldn’t agree more! It alarms me that the people on here are raising kids and subjecting them to this. It blows my mind that every time my child comes off the field (win or lose) he comments about how nice the boys on the opposing team are, the parents need to take a page out of the boys books on how to be gracious, respectful, positive and good sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get back to try out results/surprises. Any news?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get back to try out results/surprises. Any news?

Baltimore area: Rosters AAA and above should be more or less full by the end of the weekend. Except for whatever's left of Kelly Post. I think Blue Claws and Forest Hill will be wrapped up as well. Or at least, first round of offers out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 124 of 259 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 258 259
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard