BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 122 of 260 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There was a time when Hawks and Madlax parents were equally annoying. Both on this board and on the field.

Now Madlax parents have far and away taken the lead.

28 Hawks parents are by far the worst on the sideline. Who knows on this board. Can never tell who is who.

Understatement of the century. Hawks parents are unbearable and completely unhinged. It is quite the sight.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah. Just haters. Anonymous haters are even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah. Just haters. Anonymous haters are even worse.

Sorry to hurt your feelings holdback dadddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I detest all you MFers....so there's that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the season is over, time to start the rebuild or reload movement. Hearing 3-4 starters from Hawks moving over to FCA, not their 3 rising 8th grade attack either. That will bump down or force a few starters out of FCA. Also hear the holdback movement has begun for Crabs which will force them to new teams as well. KP will be finding new teams to tryout for. Team 91 looking to have a roster of 30 kids with dad ball coaches. Any other gossip?

True is going to buy out every other program. It's going to be like in Demolition Man when the only restaurant left was Taco Bell.

🤣😂🤣

But Probably True (Ha!) We were at aTournament in Delaware last Month and almost all of the teams were True Teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

Very fair. Only other team that I think could make a legit argument for top 10 is Laxachusetts. I could argue that the 2 Express teams have had better summers than NL and FCA, but they are all very close.

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
2 MA (if you include LXC)
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North not a Top 10 team. They’re just not. Haven’t beaten a top 10 team all summer, and have gotten rolled like 10 times.[/quote]
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Questions on the MadLax vs. NextLevel debate:

(1) is it true that NextLevel has never beat a top 10 team, other than local teams, such as MadLax itself and FCA?

(2) NextLevel lost in HoCo to Hawks by just one (10-9), but MadLax lost by Hawks by four (9-5) - does that count for something? IF Hawks are indeed #1 in the country, a one goal loss would seem to justify NextLevel as a top ten team;

(3) Speaking of Hawks, how did they lose their final regular season game to Crabs, and their playoff game to FCA? Were both games flukes, or are Hawks no longer deserving of #1 in the country?

(4) How many top 10 teams has MadLax beaten in the last year or so?

(5) How did NextLevel hang 15 goals on MadLax in a playoff game, especially if NextLevel's attack is suspect? That is a huge number of goals for two sixth grade teams that are relatively evenly matched. Serious question - were the goals in transition, EMO, how did they happen?

(6) If MadLax Dads are honest with yourselves, does Cabell's coaching hurt the team? If (as you say) MadLax is more talented and more worthy of national ranking than NextLevel, how has NextLevel managed to win head to head fairly consistently? In the games I have seen, Cabell's screaming at the refs has cost the team calls, and screaming at the kids has made them tighten up and not play their best. Would you admit that is a factor?

(7) one of the prior posts dissected the NL roster, but doesn't the MadLax roster have its own weaknesses - face offs, goaltending, and lack of depth at midfield? They seem to rely awfully heavily on one player.

(8) any chance of players moving between the two teams at summer tryouts? That could be a game changer!

1/4 of the current ML roster will be at NL tryouts tonight!!! CM will be there also taking notes while hiding in bushes.
Nobody wants to play for NL. The one team who could pick up some players is BLC. Room for some good players to come in and make a difference.

I’ve heard the few stronger players BLC had have moved to NL and NL retained its core at tryouts so NL should stay in the mix next year but I don’t think they significantly improved. I doubt BLC will even attempt to play at elite next year. I’ve also heard one significant NL departure for ML is in the works that would improve ML.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

Very fair. Only other team that I think could make a legit argument for top 10 is Laxachusetts. I could argue that the 2 Express teams have had better summers than NL and FCA, but they are all very close.

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North not a Top 10 team. They’re just not. Haven’t beaten a top 10 team all summer, and have gotten rolled like 10 times.
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.[/quote]

Agreed. If they are not a top 10 team, who should replace them on the list above?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Questions on the MadLax vs. NextLevel debate:

(1) is it true that NextLevel has never beat a top 10 team, other than local teams, such as MadLax itself and FCA?

(2) NextLevel lost in HoCo to Hawks by just one (10-9), but MadLax lost by Hawks by four (9-5) - does that count for something? IF Hawks are indeed #1 in the country, a one goal loss would seem to justify NextLevel as a top ten team;

(3) Speaking of Hawks, how did they lose their final regular season game to Crabs, and their playoff game to FCA? Were both games flukes, or are Hawks no longer deserving of #1 in the country?

(4) How many top 10 teams has MadLax beaten in the last year or so?

(5) How did NextLevel hang 15 goals on MadLax in a playoff game, especially if NextLevel's attack is suspect? That is a huge number of goals for two sixth grade teams that are relatively evenly matched. Serious question - were the goals in transition, EMO, how did they happen?

(6) If MadLax Dads are honest with yourselves, does Cabell's coaching hurt the team? If (as you say) MadLax is more talented and more worthy of national ranking than NextLevel, how has NextLevel managed to win head to head fairly consistently? In the games I have seen, Cabell's screaming at the refs has cost the team calls, and screaming at the kids has made them tighten up and not play their best. Would you admit that is a factor?

(7) one of the prior posts dissected the NL roster, but doesn't the MadLax roster have its own weaknesses - face offs, goaltending, and lack of depth at midfield? They seem to rely awfully heavily on one player.

(8) any chance of players moving between the two teams at summer tryouts? That could be a game changer!

1/4 of the current ML roster will be at NL tryouts tonight!!! CM will be there also taking notes while hiding in bushes.
Nobody wants to play for NL. The one team who could pick up some players is BLC. Room for some good players to come in and make a difference.

I’ve heard the few stronger players BLC had have moved to NL and NL retained its core at tryouts so NL should stay in the mix next year but I don’t think they significantly improved. I doubt BLC will even attempt to play at elite next year. I’ve also heard one significant NL departure for ML is in the works that would improve ML.

NL parent. This is mostly correct. 2 BLC players though not a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many at Crabs last night?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many at Crabs last night?

I ate 5 - Truly amazing this time of year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North not a Top 10 team. They’re just not. Haven’t beaten a top 10 team all summer, and have gotten rolled like 10 times.
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.

Agreed. If they are not a top 10 team, who should replace them on the list above?[/quote]

Until 2way steps into a tourney against the likes of Venom/ Hawks/ etc they shouldn’t be on any list. Never seen a club duck top tier completion like they do. They’ve beat 3DNE and Express North, and a super-down NL team. But that’s as far into the pool as they will dip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Way is legit. 3 very strong middies that can create and score. 2 of them are among the very best midfielders in the 2028 class. Definitely a top 10 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
1 TX
1 NJ

Agreed. If they are not a top 10 team, who should replace them on the list above?

Until 2way steps into a tourney against the likes of Venom/ Hawks/ etc they shouldn’t be on any list. Never seen a club duck top tier completion like they do. They’ve beat 3DNE and Express North, and a super-down NL team. But that’s as far into the pool as they will dip[/quote]
Team91 Georgia and FCA Upstate Navy should be on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what is happening to Kelly post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY board says 2Way uses 7th graders.

Yawn.

They are at NLF this weekend so check back in two days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The predictable thing that happens when you take a bunch of above average but not elite 7 year olds and coach them / culture them into high level TEAM performance over the course of seven years........the parents get the idea in their heads that the players are actually "elite standouts" as individuals. (My hot take is that KP 2028 is a great squad and it's not smart to disband it....this year).

Parents were getting nervous about the kids needing more "exposure" for their supposedly obvious future MIAA careers in 3+ years.

One KP dad coach took 8-10 of the boys a few weeks ago and committed them all to 91, you know, the "we don't cut anyone" club who already has 29 on the roster, including the 8-10 who came with the Swarm dad coach 10 months ago (stinks to be those kids at this moment).

The rest of the KP parents - overall - have a unique outlook that their sons should easily make Crabs or FCA Blue, and if not, they can get on the FCA White, Team 91, or Predator rosters (I'm sure I'm missing a few) without even trying out, because kP eLiTe.

Tryouts for all of those teams are over in a week (in fact tryouts for almost all of them are at the same times and dates!), so we shall see if the KP lax moms were correct.... or if they all mostly up at Koopers, LTLC, and the new KP AAA team that will arise from combining KP elite and KP-B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

75% of Hawks team is 7th graders so there's that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that BLC blue might fold or combine with the orange team? That team is starting to fall apart like KP. Both teams probably would have been better off not playing elite and losing so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Don't care about holdbacks/7th graders. But agree with previous poster who raved about 2Way's midfield. Two of them are stronger, faster, quicker, and possess better on the run shots than all of the 2028 middies in HoCo. Not an exaggeration. And they had a d middie who was physically ready to play MLB in HS football. It *would* make me feel better to know that they were older (rising 8th graders) b/c they were athletically (and lacrosse skill-wise) superior to anything I've seen at the 28 level this summer or in HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
1 TX
1 NJ
Ex North has lost five times in nearly a year and those came against Hawks, ML, BBL, etc. Also top offensive players been out/limited this summer w injury. Maybe not riding as high as when they pasted ML last fall at NLF but they are a top team for ‘28s.[/quote]
Yeah hang your hat on a game in November when ML didn’t have literally half their starting 9 in the field for football playoffs. They’ve never come close to beating ML prior, or since.
Ex North is second tier. 2 Way must be eating their lunch for the local players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Don't care about holdbacks/7th graders. But agree with previous poster who raved about 2Way's midfield. Two of them are stronger, faster, quicker, and possess better on the run shots than all of the 2028 middies in HoCo. Not an exaggeration. And they had a d middie who was physically ready to play MLB in HS football. It *would* make me feel better to know that they were older (rising 8th graders) b/c they were athletically (and lacrosse skill-wise) superior to anything I've seen at the 28 level this summer or in HoCo.

Hard to take your opinion seriously as you are obviously a parent of a kid on the team who is pretending to be a third party. Literally no one else is watching 2Way or any other team's middies closely and regularly enough to have detailed breakdowns of them. Sorry no one else cares enough to talk about your kid's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

someone from a NY tournament listed that 2Way was caught using a 2026 player this summer. Purely rumor, but that would make you wonder…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have supposedly used players in the 7th grade in 2028 tournaments.

That would be garbage.

holdbacks are whatever - fine. Who cares it’s normal.

But using 7th graders is weak.

Aside from that they do have a high level amount of holdbacks on their roster so they’d fit right in down in HoCo.

While we are on the topic - mad dog national runs a kid out there who looks 15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that BLC blue might fold or combine with the orange team? That team is starting to fall apart like KP. Both teams probably would have been better off not playing elite and losing so much.

Yep, this is happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Hard to take your opinion seriously as you are obviously a parent of a kid on the team who is pretending to be a third party. Literally no one else is watching 2Way or any other team's middies closely and regularly enough to have detailed breakdowns of them. Sorry no one else cares enough to talk about your kid's team.

Not the previous poster but I also saw the 2Way middies everyone is talking about this summer. You don’t need to watch long for them to stand out. Not huge, but quick and very advanced skill wise. BBL also has a very fine midfielder, but people aren’t lying in their assessment of 2Way midfield. Rest of the team is pretty meh though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a CT thing. Both EN and 2Way rocking the 7th graders.

Although lots of parents/clubs from up north seem to think this is OK due to “plans to repeat the 8th grade.”

It’s just weird man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The predictable thing that happens when you take a bunch of above average but not elite 7 year olds and coach them / culture them into high level TEAM performance over the course of seven years........the parents get the idea in their heads that the players are actually "elite standouts" as individuals. (My hot take is that KP 2028 is a great squad and it's not smart to disband it....this year).

Parents were getting nervous about the kids needing more "exposure" for their supposedly obvious future MIAA careers in 3+ years.

One KP dad coach took 8-10 of the boys a few weeks ago and committed them all to 91, you know, the "we don't cut anyone" club who already has 29 on the roster, including the 8-10 who came with the Swarm dad coach 10 months ago (stinks to be those kids at this moment).

The rest of the KP parents - overall - have a unique outlook that their sons should easily make Crabs or FCA Blue, and if not, they can get on the FCA White, Team 91, or Predator rosters (I'm sure I'm missing a few) without even trying out, because kP eLiTe.

Tryouts for all of those teams are over in a week (in fact tryouts for almost all of them are at the same times and dates!), so we shall see if the KP lax moms were correct.... or if they all mostly up at Koopers, LTLC, and the new KP AAA team that will arise from combining KP elite and KP-B.
8-10 committed to 91 before try-outs? I find that funny. A lot were at Crabs try-outs last night. If any of those 8-10 are attack they will be sitting behind the dad ball coaches sons on 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Hawks
2. Texas nationals
3. 91 venom
4. BBL
5. 2Way
6. Madlax
7. 3D NE
8. Next Level
9. FCA MD
10t. LIE Chucks
10t. Express North

Real teams

4 DMV
2 LI
2 CT
1 TX
1 NJ
Yeah hang your hat on a game in November when ML didn’t have literally half their starting 9 in the field for football playoffs. They’ve never come close to beating ML prior, or since.
Ex North is second tier. 2 Way must be eating their lunch for the local players[/quote]
Were those football playoffs happening in MD, TX and NH? sorry, it gets confusing anytime ML parent talks about roster. But fair point ML easily beat EN in Delaware with the summer rentals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Haha. Sorry to burst your bubble. Parent w/ 28 on HoCo team. Watched 2Way play twice last weekend at Hershey. Two games enough to objectively compare them against other middies our kids have played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Way is legit. 3 very strong middies that can create and score. 2 of them are among the very best midfielders in the 2028 class. Definitely a top 10 team.

Yes, but they cheat. I am not talking about holdbacks. They have legit 7th graders on their team. These are 6th graders we are talking about on this board and over at the NY board, not 7th graders (I am not talking about age at all). And they double roster during tournaments. When their 2027 team loses earlier in a tourney, they come down to 2028 as ringers. Excellent talent no doubt but they should stay back or play on grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-10 committed to 91 before try-outs? I find that funny. A lot were at Crabs try-outs last night. If any of those 8-10 are attack they will be sitting behind the dad ball coaches sons on 91.

I'm a KP dad. Very proud of what the team has accomplished over the last 2 years especially and nobody cares that their tournament schedule is "soft" when they are winning 5-7 tournaments a year. Some of us floated an idea to create a "Hard Shells" Crabs team from our squad but the majority of parents this week clearly felt like their sons had a pretty easy shot to get on the Crabs roster. I guess we'll see.

And the 8 (not 10) kids already going to 91 are at all positions. Attack too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Haha. Sorry to burst your bubble. Parent w/ 28 on HoCo team. Watched 2Way play twice last weekend at Hershey. Two games enough to objectively compare them against other middies our kids have played.

The issue with 2way is they have players who just wrapped up their 7th grade year but are re-classing come September. They haven’t officially become 2028 yet. It’s splitting hairs but lame if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, this is happening.

What happened here? Is BLC imploding also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yes - the CT and up north teams play kids down ALL THE TIME because the plan to reclass “later on.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

You are oogling over 7th graders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn.

Yeah… NL dad’s sorry attempt to justify the 2 beatings they took at the hands of 2Way last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a CT thing. Both EN and 2Way rocking the 7th graders.

Although lots of parents/clubs from up north seem to think this is OK due to “plans to repeat the 8th grade.”

It’s just weird man.
My kid well on age, very young for his grade. But I have no issue with kids having been held back (particularly for preK reasons). But pulling kids down while they’re still in 7th or 8th grade is cheating. Holding your kid back is not cheating. But if you’re gonna do it, at least wait until he’s in the 2028 class before you play him there…. Jeez

Like Reply Quote
Page 122 of 260 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard