Originally Posted by Anonymous
Questions on the MadLax vs. NextLevel debate:

(1) is it true that NextLevel has never beat a top 10 team, other than local teams, such as MadLax itself and FCA?

(2) NextLevel lost in HoCo to Hawks by just one (10-9), but MadLax lost by Hawks by four (9-5) - does that count for something? IF Hawks are indeed #1 in the country, a one goal loss would seem to justify NextLevel as a top ten team;

(3) Speaking of Hawks, how did they lose their final regular season game to Crabs, and their playoff game to FCA? Were both games flukes, or are Hawks no longer deserving of #1 in the country?

(4) How many top 10 teams has MadLax beaten in the last year or so?

(5) How did NextLevel hang 15 goals on MadLax in a playoff game, especially if NextLevel's attack is suspect? That is a huge number of goals for two sixth grade teams that are relatively evenly matched. Serious question - were the goals in transition, EMO, how did they happen?

(6) If MadLax Dads are honest with yourselves, does Cabell's coaching hurt the team? If (as you say) MadLax is more talented and more worthy of national ranking than NextLevel, how has NextLevel managed to win head to head fairly consistently? In the games I have seen, Cabell's screaming at the refs has cost the team calls, and screaming at the kids has made them tighten up and not play their best. Would you admit that is a factor?

(7) one of the prior posts dissected the NL roster, but doesn't the MadLax roster have its own weaknesses - face offs, goaltending, and lack of depth at midfield? They seem to rely awfully heavily on one player.

(8) any chance of players moving between the two teams at summer tryouts? That could be a game changer!

1/4 of the current ML roster will be at NL tryouts tonight!!! CM will be there also taking notes while hiding in bushes.
Nobody wants to play for NL. The one team who could pick up some players is BLC. Room for some good players to come in and make a difference.

I’ve heard the few stronger players BLC had have moved to NL and NL retained its core at tryouts so NL should stay in the mix next year but I don’t think they significantly improved. I doubt BLC will even attempt to play at elite next year. I’ve also heard one significant NL departure for ML is in the works that would improve ML.

NL parent. This is mostly correct. 2 BLC players though not a few.