BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As the regular season comes to a close I am curious to see who people think the Tewaaraton will go to. After watching alot of games this year the pre season front runners CN, JO are great players but I feel others are more deserving. I have two main issues with CN. She does not make anyone around her better and when not being faceguarded actually seems like many of her talented team mates are uninvolved making the team much less dynamic.The other thing is she is essentially uninvolved in the ride and even when the other team wins the draw she seems to just give up.
JO its simply a matter of being just an attacker , not involved on the draw and being part of a team that has so many offensive weapons seems to make her less vital to her teams success. After watching UNC play multiple times this year I dont think she is the best player on her team . She may set the points record for the NCAA this year which means she will most likely get the Tewaaraton but after watching the UVA game I wonder how many of those came with 3 seconds left in a game that was over way earlier, that was clear stat padding .
I have not heard much about it but I think Ally Mastrianni (spelling) should be considered as she is excellent at the draw, on offense and may be the best defensive middie in the game.

Tons of hype for North after last season and the start of this season. She’s a great player but can the announcers stop with “greatest lacrosse player ever” nonsense. Seems she’s not even the best player on her team.

Did you watch the Syracuse game?JO pretty much won that game for them. she is the QB on offense and makes those around her better. Not her fault she doesn't take draws. And typically she is the first starter pulled in easier games.I try to watch a lot of the top teams play. I dont think you realise how hard it is to integrate transfers, freshman, and still worry about how you play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all. Looks like top talent headed to the usual schools, the rich get richer : - )

Wave I: Girls’ Under Armour All-Americans

Attack

Ava Besson, Walton (Ga.), Boston College
Abigail LoCascio, St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), Northwestern

Midfield

Finley Barger, Notre Dame Prep (Md.), Virginia
Ella Cabrera, Northport (N.Y.), North Carolina
Kori Edmondson, McDonogh (Md.), Maryland
Jaylen Rosga, Henry Sibley (Minn.), Maryland
Maggie Weisman, Glenelg Country (Md.), Maryland
Marissa White, Agnes Irwin (Pa.), North Carolina

Defense

Madison Beale, St. Paul’s School for Girls (Md.), Duke
Jaidyn Donley, Comsewogue (N.Y.), Stony Brook

Goalie

Shea Dolce, Darien (Conn.), Boston College
since there is one more year of Covid grad students these players will all be sitting behind some transfer next year

No, many will see the field right away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the season winds down are there any coaches getting let go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all. Looks like top talent headed to the usual schools, the rich get richer : - )

Attack

Midfield

Defense

Goalie

since there is one more year of Covid grad students these players will all be sitting behind some transfer next year

a majority will not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack

Midfield

Defense

Goalie

In fact most of the 2021 all americans have played in most if not all of their teams games and most are significant contributers

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s time for ND to move on, been the same story for way too long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree, they have not been able to get over the hump. Solid program in a tough conference but they have never been able to live up to the hype. A change might do the program some good. Some programs just can’t attract talent so it’s understandable when they do not perform well. I do not believe that to be the case at ND, I think there are a lot of kids (and parents) who find ND appealing (maybe I’m wrong and they do not get the talent or the talent they get is overrated but I don’t think so)… something is definitely off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree, they have not been able to get over the hump. Solid program in a tough conference but they have never been able to live up to the hype. A change might do the program some good. Some programs just can’t attract talent so it’s understandable when they do not perform well. I do not believe that to be the case at ND, I think there are a lot of kids (and parents) who find ND appealing (maybe I’m wrong and they do not get the talent or the talent they get is overrated but I don’t think so)… something is definitely off.
They have the talent to be better than they are. They won’t replacer her next year but she’ll be in the hot seat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the regular season comes to a close I am curious to see who people think the Tewaaraton will go to. After watching alot of games this year the pre season front runners CN, JO are great players but I feel others are more deserving. I have two main issues with CN. She does not make anyone around her better and when not being faceguarded actually seems like many of her talented team mates are uninvolved making the team much less dynamic.The other thing is she is essentially uninvolved in the ride and even when the other team wins the draw she seems to just give up.
JO its simply a matter of being just an attacker , not involved on the draw and being part of a team that has so many offensive weapons seems to make her less vital to her teams success. After watching UNC play multiple times this year I dont think she is the best player on her team . She may set the points record for the NCAA this year which means she will most likely get the Tewaaraton but after watching the UVA game I wonder how many of those came with 3 seconds left in a game that was over way earlier, that was clear stat padding .
I have not heard much about it but I think Ally Mastrianni (spelling) should be considered as she is excellent at the draw, on offense and may be the best defensive middie in the game.

Tons of hype for North after last season and the start of this season. She’s a great player but can the announcers stop with “greatest lacrosse player ever” nonsense. Seems she’s not even the best player on her team.

Did you watch the Syracuse game?JO pretty much won that game for them. she is the QB on offense and makes those around her better. Not her fault she doesn't take draws. And typically she is the first starter pulled in easier games.I try to watch a lot of the top teams play. I dont think you realise how hard it is to integrate transfers, freshman, and still worry about how you play.

I did watch the Cuse game and she was not the best player in that game.MT from cuse easily had the best performance in that game. Has never been and is still not the QB of that offense. Who's fault is it that she is not on the draw ? That's like saying its not CN fault that she has zero caused turnovers on the year , if JO were better on the circle they would use her there. She is an excellent offensive player and very good on the ride but again I think there are several players who are more deserving , who do way more than score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did watch the Cuse game and she was not the best player in that game.MT from cuse easily had the best performance in that game. Has never been and is still not the QB of that offense. Who's fault is it that she is not on the draw ? That's like saying its not CN fault that she has zero caused turnovers on the year , if JO were better on the circle they would use her there. She is an excellent offensive player and very good on the ride but again I think there are several players who are more deserving , who do way more than score.

I Just do not want to see CN get it for how she plays. Yes, she’s individually dominant , but is she the best team player? Does she make her teammates better? I think as a team, they would probably play better without depending on her. I think BC depends too much on her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not heard much about it but I think Ally Mastrianni (spelling) should be considered as she is excellent at the
draw, on offense and may be the best defensive middie in the game.

Oh, I didnt realise that MT takes the draw or is on the circle ....? JO also is 3rd in UNC history is assists, has an excellent ride and yes, sorry is the QB of that team. IF MT was so good then they should have beat UNC - but they didnt. MT stays in that one position and never moves....and does nothin on the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can someone say that CN is not the best player on Boston College, when she won the Tewaarton last year and is favored to win it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not heard much about it but I think Ally Mastrianni (spelling) should be considered as she is excellent at the
draw, on offense and may be the best defensive middie in the game.

Oh, I didnt realise that MT takes the draw or is on the circle ....? JO also is 3rd in UNC history is assists, has an excellent ride and yes, sorry is the QB of that team. IF MT was so good then they should have beat UNC - but they didnt. MT stays in that one position and never moves....and does nothin on the ride.

You must be a little slow . All I said is MT had a better performance in that game . MT was up against most likely the best defender and goalie in the NCAA while having a depleted team around her , JO simply put had a lot more help supporting her and was not playing against the same caliber defender nor goalie . Your MT does nothing in the ride , well in that game she had 1 caused turnover while JO had zero caused turnovers to go with her 3 turn overs . You are the only person who would say she is the QB of the team her own coach and announcers don’t even call her that .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can someone say that CN is not the best player on Boston College, when she won the Tewaarton last year and is favored to win it again.

Because she’s not. A handful of players that have had better seasons in terms of impact on their teams. Think she’s done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Watch the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because in their mind their own kid is the best player that has ever played other than that no one else believes them .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess she did enough to make ACC player of the week after the Cuse game - recognizing her performance- not your stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s opinion based on what people feel makes “the best player!” Seems many do not feel she is the best “all around “ player. I guess it depends on what criteria makes the best player ? I agree with some on here that say others are better team players and more deserving of the title. Just opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will happen to the recruits if the coaches are let go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the Virginia coach has to be on the hot seat. The AD at UVA fired mens coach a few years ago, and Lars has built a nice program. Not to mention she had 7 kids leave team and hasn’t really won anything lately.

The other coach that needs to go is Gtown. He never could do both USA and coach college team. A easy replacement as MD asst coach Phipps husband is asst at Gtown Mens. They can car pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the Virginia coach has to be on the hot seat. The AD at UVA fired mens coach a few years ago, and Lars has built a nice program. Not to mention she had 7 kids leave team and hasn’t really won anything lately.

The other coach that needs to go is Gtown. He never could do both USA and coach college team. A easy replacement as MD asst coach Phipps husband is asst at Gtown Mens. They can car pool

"Lars has built a nice program".... Lars is obviously a good coach but it is more than a stretch to say that he has "built a nice program", Virginia was a great program long before Lars became the coach.

Virginia women's coach needs to rethink her schedule, that is her biggest problem... too many tough teams with not enough rest.

100% agree that GTown coach needs to go. Not sure what happened there but they have definitely fallen off from where they were.

PSU?? Back to back Final Fours not too long ago but they have been off the past few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big one tonight. We'll see if last week was a fluke for Duke. See what I did there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s opinion based on what people feel makes “the best player!” Seems many do not feel she is the best “all around “ player. I guess it depends on what criteria makes the best player ? I agree with some on here that say others are better team players and more deserving of the title. Just opinion

I guess the question is "best at what"? Is she the best defender? Is she the best feeder? Is she the best off ball player? Is she the best goalie? There is a lot that goes into winning a lacrosse game, most of which is difficult to quantify. Goals are what most people see and they are certainly important but they are far from the only thing that is important and maybe not even the most important. Some players are great goal scorers as well as great all around players while others are simply good at scoring goals. CN is good on the draw and is also very good at scoring goals even when every team game plans to stop her. I believe she helps her team, there are some players who may score a lot of goals who actually hurt their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will happen to the recruits if the coaches are let go?
Nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like it was a Duke fluke. Big beat down. Just witnessed a 4th yellow card. Thug ball not working

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big one tonight. We'll see if last week was a fluke for Duke. See what I did there.

Certainly looks like Duke beating BC was a fluke. Maybe people were right here about their schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke has talented players , but coaching is terrible. Again this staff hasn’t won anything. Another group that needs to be added to above list .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certainly looks like Duke beating BC was a fluke. Maybe people were right here about their schedule.

Maybe Duke getting blown out was the fluke... I recall North Carolina blowing out Boston College last year by 12 goals only to lose to Boston College when it mattered. I will say that it will all come down to Team Defense and goalie play again this year down the stretch in the NCAA Tournament right up to the Final Four and Championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Duke getting blown out was the fluke... I recall North Carolina blowing out Boston College last year by 12 goals only to lose to Boston College when it mattered. I will say that it will all come down to Team Defense and goalie play again this year down the stretch in the NCAA Tournament right up to the Final Four and Championship game.

Duke beating BC was the fluke. BC gave up 16 goals and had only 3 saves. Sorry, that will not happen again and you can look at BC’s goalie’s history to see what an outlier that performance was against Duke, The issues with comparing BC’s blowout last season to Duke’s this season are substantial. BC played UNC in early March last year coming off the loss to graduation of a huge core of their team. They had well over 2 months to improve and gel as a team before they played UNC again. Regular season is over, where does Duke get better? They were exposed athletically and the impact of the unfortunate injuries their starting goalie has endured was on clear display. That is not going to get better either. Also, Duke won the draw battle as they usually do and still got dominated. They do not lose that badly next round but do not see them pulling a 2021 BC turn around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke has talented players , but coaching is terrible. Again this staff hasn’t won anything. Another group that needs to be added to above list .

The only one who showed up for the game was Jenner. One of the others seriously hurt the team with her thug play and sloppy turnovers trying to roll the ball to goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no doubt unc has tons of talent, but I find it boring watching a team with a bunch of 5th year players dominate. Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no doubt unc has tons of talent, but I find it boring watching a team with a bunch of 5th year players dominate. Any thoughts?

I agree. Not a fan of the 5th year players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a competitive team that doesn't have 5th year players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to forget that Duke had six graduate students on the field last night. Not UNC's fault their players are better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to forget that Duke had six graduate students on the field last night. Not UNC's fault their players are better.[/quote]

Lol, and they still got smoked! Time for the grad students to move aside and get a real job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. That’s why I’m not a fan of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some observations and comments on the anti-Charlotte North campaign. It is safe to say if any opposing coach knows the BC players and their impact on the offensive side of the field it is Syracuse's Coach Treanor. So who did she decide to face guard tonight, Charlotte North. Sorry, but that says it all to me. It takes your feelings out of it, your perception of how she behaves after a goal, or, how you consider her to be selfish and not a team player. Even being face guarded, she managed 3 goals and 3 assists. She also took every draw, which BC won more than they lost giving them more possession, albeit slight, but that makes the difference in a 2 goal game. She also entered the 400 point career club tonight, something only 4 other women have accomplished. By the way, any other player on BC ever get face guarded this season? Just by being face guarded, she makes her team better. It takes a great defender out of play and creates more space for the offense to operate. For the Belle Smith fan club, this is not a slight against her, I am a member of that fan club as well. She is a great player, one of the absolute best in the country and she is just a 2nd year player. She will go on to be one of the best to ever do it at BC, in the ACC and the game in general. We can compare the two again when both career's are all over, but Coach Treanor made it clear for me tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the debating. A coach chooses to shut a player off as they feel they can really hurt them if they get the ball. So on the offensive side the field North can do much more damage then Smith or any other player. And the above poster is right when a shut off is on it opens up many more possibilities in the middle of the field especially. There isn’t a better player than smith that finds the seams in defenses or smarter player that knows when to cut. Must of her goals are 1v1 with goalie close to cage. Hard to teach that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t care what anyone says. Belle Smith is a better player than Charlotte North.

Lol, no. And it’s not even close

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard