BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,268
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 260 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I suppose you are making the argument that the average graduate from Garrett County Public Schools *is* as adequately prepared for college as the average graduate from Georgetown Prep. Because the opposite is well documented and statistically supported. A better argument would be that some public schools are better than some private schools in this way. Which is true.

Or are you arguing that college lacrosse coaches don't care about GPAs. Because that's also not factual.

Or are you arguing that you don't need a (non-parent) adult to advocate for your son in his recruitment. Because that not factual and borderline dangerous.

Or are you arguing that having fewer college counselors per student has no impact on college placement. Because that is not factual.

Or are your arguing that high-price clubs (most in the DC area) don't have better access to college coaches than your average rec or rec-club-MYLA coach? Because that would be hard to believe. It doesn't mean those elite club coaches are BETTER coaches (in many cases they surely are not). But it might mean someone picks up the phone when they call as opposed to "Coach Bob from Forest Hill Wild Cats!"

Are you arguing anything, or are you just a "Society is BS, Man, Dang Patriarchy!!!" kind of adult?

In other words...if your son is playing for Forest Hill, Blue Claws or KP (although they may be quality teams) you may want to consider trying out for another club with directors/coaches who will help get your kid recruited and has a lot of connections come July.

That sounds like an advertisement for for-profit clubs. And it's simply not true.

The MS club landscape has changed a decent amount in the past 10 years. There are a ton of former MYLA teams who "went club" and have coaches/directors who are connected and help kids get recruited.

I'd love to see a list of "dad coaches" and program directors who played, coached and reffed at the highest level of college and at MIAA schools. A number of kids who played for those teams you mentioned that are currently playing in the MIAA and have gone on to top college programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the "Commitment Center" tab of the BOTC site and started poking around the top lax universities to see what high schools their recruits are coming from. It is remarkable what % of the kids going to top lax universities are coming from prep schools - seems like 80%+. If you look at the Ivy League, it's rare to find any public school recruits. The majority of the public school kids I see are from LI. If you're not on LI, it looks like prep school plays a major role.

My kid plays for a top 10 club program and goes to public school not on LI. My hope was that playing for a great club would be enough to get him to the school that his talent and academics would allow.

Is it the prep school academic reputation that is making the difference? Or are a lot of the top public school players taking post-grad years at a prep school to get into their dream university?

I understand the points made earlier about the advantages of prep school . . . but I didn't expect to see such a lopsided distribution.

https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/commitments/gender/boys/year/2023.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the madlax commits page thru the years. I don't know if the other clubs do this....fwiw

https://capital.madlax.com/collegecommitments
Tough to argue the facts, mam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TOP 10 DEFENSE MEN/LSM IN THE DMV
#1 BILLY MACNAMARA NEXT LEVEL AND NATIONALS LC
#2 NEIL WALUNSKY VLC AND MADLAX NATIONAL
#3 ANDREW HURST MADLAX CAPITAL AND MADLAX NATIONAL
#4 DURKE ANDERSON NEXT LEVEL
#5 CORMACK JOHNSON NEXT LEVEL LSM
#6 KAI MOLTER MADLAX CAPITAL AND MADLAX NATIONAL
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC
#8 LUKE DUFFE MADLAX CAP/NAT
#9 MICHAEL FARROW MADLAX CAP/NAT LSM
#10 ROMAN GOLDMAN KELLYPOST GREEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like someone cant go with a question even though he understands what the other person is talking about notIntelligent dad sorry your son stinks he play d3 cus he stinks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the "Commitment Center" tab of the BOTC site and started poking around the top lax universities to see what high schools their recruits are coming from. It is remarkable what % of the kids going to top lax universities are coming from prep schools - seems like 80%+. If you look at the Ivy League, it's rare to find any public school recruits. The majority of the public school kids I see are from LI. If you're not on LI, it looks like prep school plays a major role.

My kid plays for a top 10 club program and goes to public school not on LI. My hope was that playing for a great club would be enough to get him to the school that his talent and academics would allow.

Is it the prep school academic reputation that is making the difference? Or are a lot of the top public school players taking post-grad years at a prep school to get into their dream university?

I understand the points made earlier about the advantages of prep school . . . but I didn't expect to see such a lopsided distribution.

https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/commitments/gender/boys/year/2023.html

The difference is:
50% Prep School Resources (for players and students generally). Coaches, Trainers, counselors, lower student-teacher ratio (by half or more). Free tutors!
25% Prep School Reputation
25% (or less) Actual Difference in Education vs. a Good Public School (which private and which public are we comparing?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are so many advantages to prep schools. My son was at a state championship public school last year and moved to a prep school this year back East.
The connections our coach has is unbelievable, he calls on my sons behalf to college coaches all the time. Our public school coach, while an amazing man and coach, just doesn’t have these types of connections. In public school lacrosse, you may play against 1 or 2 D1 players in a game. At prep school, you play against a roster full of D1 commits (or soon to be commits). The type of lacrosse you play will be leaps and bounds above a public school and your player will reap the benefits of playing the best. My son also has a gym, trainer and a lighted lax field outside his dorm window, where he practices and lifts with like minded kids all aiming to play in college. The access to get to the top of their game is there everyday.
For academics, he is now in a class with 10 kids vs 40. His teachers are happy to be there, come from all walks of life and are willing to help him whenever he needs it. The academic support is the major difference.
It’s no secret why coaches like prep kids, the level they play at, the academic rigor they have experienced and the fact that they have been living independently away from their parents makes them good college prospects. That’s why you see the commit lists very heavily lopsided with prep kids. Prep school is not a golden ticket, the player has to put in the work on and off the field, but it’s a definitely an easier road to college lax than it is at a public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the madlax commits page thru the years. I don't know if the other clubs do this....fwiw

https://capital.madlax.com/collegecommitments
Tough to argue the facts, mam.

Hawks lists theirs for the last five years (https://www.annapolishawks.com/hawks-details2).

They have had three kids total commit to Ivy League schools in that time. Tons of other good schools on their list, but this suggests that when it comes to getting into ultra-elite colleges, being a well-off kid from McLean may have as much or more to do with it than lacrosse skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are so many advantages to prep schools. My son was at a state championship public school last year and moved to a prep school this year back East.
The connections our coach has is unbelievable, he calls on my sons behalf to college coaches all the time. Our public school coach, while an amazing man and coach, just doesn’t have these types of connections. In public school lacrosse, you may play against 1 or 2 D1 players in a game. At prep school, you play against a roster full of D1 commits (or soon to be commits). The type of lacrosse you play will be leaps and bounds above a public school and your player will reap the benefits of playing the best. My son also has a gym, trainer and a lighted lax field outside his dorm window, where he practices and lifts with like minded kids all aiming to play in college. The access to get to the top of their game is there everyday.
For academics, he is now in a class with 10 kids vs 40. His teachers are happy to be there, come from all walks of life and are willing to help him whenever he needs it. The academic support is the major difference.
It’s no secret why coaches like prep kids, the level they play at, the academic rigor they have experienced and the fact that they have been living independently away from their parents makes them good college prospects. That’s why you see the commit lists very heavily lopsided with prep kids. Prep school is not a golden ticket, the player has to put in the work on and off the field, but it’s a definitely an easier road to college lax than it is at a public school.

100% truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

11 year olds back in the room, everyone watch their language

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north had about 60% of their roster and a bunch of guests. Btw- their 2 11 year old 7th graders didn’t play and didn’t play at NAL when they beat Madlax 13-3 (even with Madlax’s 13 year old on the field). Let’s stop pretending an 11 year old 7th grader has some advantage over a 13 year old 6th grader. I know, I know, it’s the rule for some of these tournaments but spare the outrage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

Might want to learn how to spell some of these names NL boys! Gee I wonder who possibly could have made this laughably incorrect list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north had about 60% of their roster and a bunch of guests. Btw- their 2 11 year old 7th graders didn’t play and didn’t play at NAL when they beat Madlax 13-3 (even with Madlax’s 13 year old on the field). Let’s stop pretending an 11 year old 7th grader has some advantage over a 13 year old 6th grader. I know, I know, it’s the rule for some of these tournaments but spare the outrage.

Express north got demolished in FL.

Clearly their win over ML was a fluke.

Moving on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

The most interesting thing about the list is who would know those players. Obviously very DC focused. Almost as if there are no good players in Baltimore or AACo.

I can say at least one player on that list isn’t on the team listed which is also interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they have taken more geometry and physics so they have an advantage in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoa! Talk about a lack of self awareness. Whatever it takes to help you sleep better at night about the decisions you made for your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

Let’s make sure we get some anonymous cracks in on the dads of these kids first. Only fair…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean 13yr olds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

Let’s make sure we get some anonymous cracks in on the dads of these kids first. Only fair…

Let’s be honest, the attack parents bring it on themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#7 JACK BURMAN BLC

Let’s be honest, the attack parents bring it on themselves.

Where are Billys parents? McNamara also did something similar on TikTok that got the kids all riled up.

Nice list Billy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoa! Talk about a lack of self awareness. Whatever it takes to help you sleep better at night about the decisions you made for your child.

Uhh, his comment seems pretty self aware. Elitist? Maybe. Unless we are talking about Top 100 kids (in which case, yes, they're getting recruited high D1 or high D2, regardless of school), it is self evident - in the MD/DC landscape at least - that a backup longpole at Georgetown Prep has a better chance of playing low D1/D2 or D3 ball than a backup longpole at Towson High, even if they play at the same club. And it's true that in 8th grade that boy may have the same skill level at either school. But it diverges *for most athletes.*

It's not because the kids are smarter at private schools. Or naturally better athletes. Or harder workers. Or necessarily headed for better, wealthier lives. Or better kids AT ALL. They are given a ton of resources, and a ton of attention from talented coaches, trainers, teachers, and counselors. That, and the reputation, and honestly the threat of bad kids (of non-donors lol) getting expelled (which speaks a bit to 'culture'), are what the parents are paying for. Is there really an argument that an athlete at Annapolis HS has access to the same resources he would at Severn or St. Mary's?

Check out the Inside Lacrosse Recruiting Rankings for MD.
#1-3 Private
#4 Public (Churchill)
#5-15 Private
#16 Public (Glenelg)
And it's roughly 50-50 until #30, after which you've run through most of MD's private schools with real lax programs and it's almost all public schools all the way to the bottom of the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Mason Poolin Next Level
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#4 Myles Dworin FCA UPSTATE
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL
#6 Dominic Fintel NEXT LEVEL
#7 Wyatt Whisenhunt ZINGOES
#8 Mac Brooker TX CANNONS
#9 Owen Struzz TRUE COLORADO
#10 Robert Backzkoski BLE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wash met privates must have some low language arts standards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL

The Hawks goalie is the best 2028 goalie over ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hHAHAAHAHAH true colorado rich butt golie haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think these are just 2028 goalies no order witch is weird because of the numbers.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL
who is Robert Backzkoski Ble goalie is FCA MD WHITE GOALIE and MASON POOLIN IS THE EST GOALIE HE IS 6'2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is whether 1 6th grader has entered the chat, or 4 of them.

What even is BLE? I saw video of a game? scrimmage? that looked like a bunch of FCA, 91, Predators helmets. Some of their IG posts are tagged at Babe Ruth Field in the City, I guess that is where they play.

And some kind of blue and silver helmet, maybe Koopers? Don't recognize it.

Is it supposed to be an all-Baltimore City team or something?

Are they the MYLA feeder for Harlem Lacrosse-Baltimore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by DMVLAX
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL
who is Robert Backzkoski Ble goalie is FCA MD WHITE GOALIE and MASON POOLIN IS THE EST GOALIE HE IS 6'2

Mason gets lit up son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is a owen struzz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What even is BLE? I saw video of a game? scrimmage? that looked like a bunch of FCA, 91, Predators helmets. Some of their IG posts are tagged at Babe Ruth Field in the City, I guess that is where they play.

Safe to assume the site has multiple 6th graders posting which makes things pretty weird.

To answer the BLE question, you are on the right track. They are a Baltimore city organization spreading the game. They used to be called Charm City Youth lacrosse and have an affiliation with Harlem but not sure how close. Many of the Baltimore elite players also play for other clubs since they need numbers to compete in tournaments and many of their players are new to the sport so it a mix of skill level. The coaches and kids are great and I hope they can continue attracting players that are new to lacrosse. As a brand new program they fielded a Hoco team at 28 that won a few tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. BLE is Baltimore Lacrosse Elite. They are a lax club based out of Baltimore City. In the spring they play in the A and B HoCo divisions. During the summer and fall tournament seasons they often have guest players so there are helmets from all over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just can’t argue that prep schools and public schools offer the same education and athletics. They are no where near the same. But for some reason, parents heads are in the sand, they don’t see the list of top high school lacrosse teams, the list of top lax players and where they go to high school. Or they just choose to ignore the reality of lacrosse being a highly skewed sport towards private and prep schools.

The resources a prep school or private school has to support students far exceeds the total government average per pupil funding in the US in 2021 of $14,840. If you don’t think that buys a better overall education and athletic experience, I don’t know what to tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like some NL and BLC kids are skipping social studies to post on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
someone should make a real list these boys should go to a combine and then we can decide what's real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wlep now that kids are here they deserve to learn something so hears some sense prep school MD kids Because to be the top recruit they will prob always be a holdback going forward!! LI has had to catch up on the holdback scene. The other regions are doing it way more and LI now realizing it’s prob. what needs to be done to be competitive with kids in holdback states like MD. Good for them! If it weren’t them, it would be a 2/3 year holdback from Maryland! LI is just catching up on this holdback craziness! If they don’t do it, chances slim of getting to play in top D1 school. It’s out of hand now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by DMVLAX
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL
Does Zingoes have a 2028 team and Myles Dworin is a beast he only let in 2 goals against freedom and was lights out against BLC KELLYPOST AND at the apex youth games he was the goalie for the green and black team and destroyed MESA PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Safe to assume the site has multiple 6th graders posting which makes things pretty weird.

To answer the BLE question, you are on the right track. They are a Baltimore city organization spreading the game. They used to be called Charm City Youth lacrosse and have an affiliation with Harlem but not sure how close. Many of the Baltimore elite players also play for other clubs since they need numbers to compete in tournaments and many of their players are new to the sport so it a mix of skill level. The coaches and kids are great and I hope they can continue attracting players that are new to lacrosse. As a brand new program they fielded a Hoco team at 28 that won a few tournaments.

I would argue that grown adults posting on anonymous message boards about kids is far more weird than 6th graders posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t care if your kid is 9 years old in 7th grade. You simply have no leg to stand on with regards to eligibility. The rules are the rules, agree with them or not. Lacrosse is a grade based sport in these events, not age. I don’t have a horse in the holdback discussion my kid is prob the youngest player on his team, not even close to turning 12 year on his 2028 team.

Nice excuse though— only had 60% of the team. Thought you were bringing in some ringers, and it didn’t quite work out, eh? Not much sympathy for Madlax at DE when they were missing 4 keys starters and had to bring up B team players, so if you want sympathy here, you’re it getting it. And FWIW, the last two times Madlax and Express North played at full strength (NAL and NLF this summer), Madlax pasted them 9-2 and 7-3. Try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#2 Mikey Muher Madlax
#3 Luke Robinson Hawks
#5 Jake Riley NEXT LEVEL

What list is coming next, best cartoons?

1. Sponge Bob
2. Bubble Guppies
3. Speed Racer
4. Josie and the Pussycats…

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 260 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard