BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,665
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 69 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed was nice while it lasted. JM and 3d will be the downfall of this event

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the rankings break down is only a question of the top 3
1- Turtles - until beaten
True Blue - most overall physically gifted and deep- but not nearly disciplined to beat turtles
Terps Black - a little less athletic than TB- but skilled and smart enough to compete with them

the next 5 is anyone's guess
91/Glads prob a bit better than fl$/Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 and Gladiators clearly do not belong on the list in its latest form. Neither has played in or been invited to higher level tournaments.

Im not a 91 parent, but lets be fair here. They won 2 tourneys (LI Laxfest and NXT Philly invitational) this summer and are as physically talented as anyone on the list. They belong in the top 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed was nice while it lasted. JM and 3d will be the downfall of this event

Care to expand on this statement? Whats wrong with 3D? What does JM have to do with it? Dont throw grenades unless your willing to back it up with logical reasoning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Care to expand on this statement? Whats wrong with 3D? What does JM have to do with it? Dont throw grenades unless your willing to back it up with logical reasoning.

Logical reasoning now that's funny

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed, Top 205 and other recruiting camps will become less relevant as high school teams start playing more showcase tourneys...example was this past weekend's National High School Lacrosse Showcase in Baltimore...some of the top schools in Maryland and a number from Long Island (Chaminade)...great event, inexpensive, players are playing in a natural environment (among HS teammates and under HS coaching)...oh yes, and a good number of college coaches represented...these are the event of the future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue - most overall physically gifted and deep- but not nearly disciplined to beat turtles
Terps Black - a little less athletic than TB- but skilled and smart enough to compete with them

Seriously? Come on! I get you have a "thing" with 91 but, to say they are not as "physically gifted & deep" or "skilled & smart" as TB or Black is just silly. They lost a game to TB in March & shall never be heard of again? Because you write things does not make it the truth. Stop with the ridiculous comparisons & let them play wherever they are happy. There is some real talent @ the 2017 level & the boys all know each other & respect each other. The parents? That's a whole other story...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That you have the Terps Black @ top 3 still, made me giggle smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 and Gladiators clearly do not belong on the list in its latest form. Neither has played in or been invited to higher level tournaments.

Im not a 91 parent, but lets be fair here. They won 2 tourneys (LI Laxfest and NXT Philly invitational) this summer and are as physically talented as anyone on the list. They belong in the top 5.

They also won Lehigh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

91 won where??? fl$ won where??? Gladiators lost where?? C'mon MANNN. Lets try and keep it real.

Ok, lets "keep it real", what have the Terps Black done this summer? Where have they won? When have they played as a whole team? These other teams have stayed in tact, not addingdropping a player & played their schedule, no excuses. What have the Terps done to remain the "infamous" #2 on LI this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he has already ruined the Brine National. he included his guys who were not amoung the best to try out.....involved with 3D....agreed..it will decline!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?

As we all know, invitations mean nothing. I can tell you as a parent of a kid on another 2017 team that played both the Gladiators and 91, they are no doubt two of the best travel teams around. If my memory is correct the Gladiators beat Terps Black in OBLL this year? Both the Gladiators and 91 are very well coached, and play disciplined, organized lacrosse. I would line up either against any team from anywhere and be confident they would win. Terps Black are a very good team as is TB, but I dont see how they are any better than either 91 or the Gladiators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, I believe the criteria was head to head and common opponents. now lets get serious the head to head between TB, Terps Black and 91 was in March since then the common opponents warrents Terps Black fallen down a few pegs. They lost to the Crabs by a few goals and from what people affiliated with The Express said were never in either game, while 91 Orange lost by 1 and was swarming at the end just ran out of time. Both lost to a very good team 91 just was better in doing so. but in your world it will never be enough,to knock the mighty Terps Black down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he has already ruined the Brine National. he included his guys who were not amoung the best to try out.....involved with 3D....agreed..it will decline!!!

Please! I guess your little Johnny didn't make Brine frown The team was fabulous, including ALL players! Keep crying, wha, wha!! You sound pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! I guess your little Johnny didn't make Brine frown The team was fabulous, including ALL players! Keep crying, wha, wha!! You sound pathetic.

Time will tell!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black beat True Blue this spring in a very hard fought game. Anyone who was there will tell you both teams were extremely strong and played hard. This summer Terps Black has only played twice. They did very well in Delaware dominating most the games they played in. They had a series of private games with Laxachusetts and blew them away and they did very well at the Crab Fest. The objective of these games is to develop players and hopefully win but that is hard to do when your giving equal playing time to all the kids. When Terps Black play to win.(i.e not equal playing time) they are right up there with the best everywhere and and MC will schedule any team at any time. To that Point Terps Black have beat the Dukes several times. Terps Black kids who are at the Jake Reed are all doing extremely well. Terps Black have several kids who were stars on High School JV teams or played on Varsity and frequently some of them play on the 2016 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you mean to say some of the terp black 2018 kids are playing with their age appropriate team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 parent trying to figure out whether to provide my son the opportunity to play at the 3D Blue Chip Region Tryout in January next year.

I’ve read Forum pages 40-60 which start to cover this topic, but hope to get some more color from the 2017 parent group. I am aware that the actual Jake Reed camp for 2017 is still one week away.

Also, if anyone attended the Brine event July 1-3 and is also attending this, can you compare and contrast?

I am not concerned about the recruiting angle or the money grab implications. I am curious as to whether the camp is competitive and provides an opportunity to play against top talent while receiving top coaching.

The pricing seems competitive when compared with the three day instructional camps.

Go to Brine, as advertised, kids enjoyed playing hanging with all the other regions
Skip Jake Reed this year. Focus on this camp as a rising soph

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just did Jake Reed , I would skip it, save the three thousand and take a nice family vacation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just did Jake Reed , I would skip it, save the three thousand and take a nice family vacation.

I was just there as well. Your kid must have not had a great showing to be so negative. Great experience to get the boys ready for the next step. Talent was pretty good, play was a little selfish and sloppy as showcases tend to be, but no doubt great athletes all over the place and a good way to see where your kid shakes out at this point. Do it if you can/your son makes it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<<Content Deleted>> probably were an average athlete
living vicariously thru your son who will end up
playing at Nassau Community College and living
in your basement. Get a grip, no college coach
cares about rising 9th graders. Next year is their year.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed was well worth it. Lots of very strong players. It gets your kid ready for the next stage of the process, so I would say yes go for it. As someone pointed out it is good to know where your kid stands on a relative basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat the Terps black as well - most players (not parents), would say that TB has the edge over the Terps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your kid had a great showing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed and bluechip have always been seen as a top recruiting event. This rising freshman event was far from that. If you add up the cost of the Florida tryout and travel plus the jake reed cost and travel its just not worth the money to see where your kid stands. Its only worth it if there are college coaches and the majority decided not to support this event. For that matter there were games where the 3d evaluators didn't bother to show up. Save your money on this event as a freshman, Brine was a better value and more organized. spend the money on the showcases when he's a sophomore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No LI teams in the fl$ playoffs. Gladiators 1-2,
Team 91 1-2 and fl$ 2-1. Not a good display of
lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your kid had a great showing?

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Patriot Games tournament in PA this weekend, Dukes HHH, BBL Black, Tri-State Black and STEPS in playoff. STEPS knocked off Leading Edge and lost to Dukes by 3. BBL and Dukes undefeated so far. STEPS 2-1, Tri-State 2-1. 4 other teams did not make playoffs including Leading Edge who beat True Blue and Terps + 6-7 Terps Black last week. In tri-state region, other than Turtles, a lot of parity. Dukes best team in 2017 age group in country in my opinion, and win at Crabfeast over Turtles and Crabs I think proves this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, I believe the criteria was head to head and common opponents. now lets get serious the head to head between TB, Terps Black and 91 was in March since then the common opponents warrents Terps Black fallen down a few pegs. They lost to the Crabs by a few goals and from what people affiliated with The Express said were never in either game, while 91 Orange lost by 1 and was swarming at the end just ran out of time. Both lost to a very good team 91 just was better in doing so. but in your world it will never be enough,to knock the mighty Terps Black down

Not one LI team made it to the semi-finals in fl$ 3D tournament this weekend. Not Gladiators, 91, or fl$. 3D Colorado, 3D NE, Breakers from Baltimore and 83 lacrosse in semis, and Breaks vs. 3D Select CO in final. I guess it didn't advance the cause for the LI rankings for fl$, Gladiators, or 91 this weekend. Average showing at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one LI team made it to the semi-finals in fl$ 3D tournament this weekend. Not Gladiators, 91, or fl$. 3D Colorado, 3D NE, Breakers from Baltimore and 83 lacrosse in semis, and Breaks vs. 3D Select CO in final. I guess it didn't advance the cause for the LI rankings for fl$, Gladiators, or 91 this weekend. Average showing at best.

Not a parent of anyone of these teams in this bracket, but it seems to me that because LI has so many teams, the talent is spread out and the top teams are somewhat diluted. Many other states put together 1-2 teams out of hundreds of kids to take on the road. I would think LI still has the deepest talent pool, but others are setting up more elite teams and are also catching up in talent as the sport grows each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Patriot Games tournament in PA this weekend, Dukes HHH, BBL Black, Tri-State Black and STEPS in playoff. STEPS knocked off Leading Edge and lost to Dukes by 3. BBL and Dukes undefeated so far. STEPS 2-1, Tri-State 2-1. 4 other teams did not make playoffs including Leading Edge who beat True Blue and Terps + 6-7 Terps Black last week. In tri-state region, other than Turtles, a lot of parity. Dukes best team in 2017 age group in country in my opinion, and win at Crabfeast over Turtles and Crabs I think proves this point.

Look I don't even have a 2017 kid. But something smells fishy.... Prior to this summer Dukes were no match for turtles. Then all of a sudden, they're beating the turtles. They got that good in one season? I'm really tired of these out of state teams. Is this not the same Dukes team that going to the U15 championship? Come on, you know this team is loaded with kids that should be playing 2016. So they can't send the 2016 team cause they're too old. So they take any 2016 that may make cut off and drop them down into 2017 bracket to win a tourn. Bet they get hammered at u-15. Ya know, cause they'll be at a disadvantage playing kids there own age. Doesn't anyone see what's going on here?? I think LI teams should start pulling out of these tourns. Make these BS teams come here and run tourn with birth certificate proof. Then we'll see who wins. My bet, 3 of 4 finalists at u-15 all LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all the LI teams played well although lost
(Although last, I would attribute to better lacrosse
coaching). Biggest problem was the LI parents. In the
game against 83 a mother and father ran onto the
field and confronted a player not even involved in
a scirmish. It was embarrassing. Also witnessed were
the foul language and yelling by the LI parents on both
Gladiators and Team 91. This board should judge
parents on the sidelines and not the teams on the
field. Both Gladiators and 91 were 1-2 and their
parents couldn't have been louder and more obnoxious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No LI teams in the fl$ playoffs. Gladiators 1-2,
Team 91 1-2 and fl$ 2-1. Not a good display of
lacrosse.

Did any of the LI teams play each other?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a parent of anyone of these teams in this bracket, but it seems to me that because LI has so many teams, the talent is spread out and the top teams are somewhat diluted. Many other states put together 1-2 teams out of hundreds of kids to take on the road. I would think LI still has the deepest talent pool, but others are setting up more elite teams and are also catching up in talent as the sport grows each year.

Well, whatever, but WOW, were those 2017 kids OLD lookin! I've heard the bitchin and whining, but it's time to hold your kids back! Entire teams of 16 year olds, at the 2017 level. Doesn't seem fair, but if you can't beat em.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat the Terps black as well - most players (not parents), would say that TB has the edge over the Terps

And TB will soon become Express (name your reptile).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all the LI teams played well although lost
(Although last, I would attribute to better lacrosse
coaching). Biggest problem was the LI parents. In the
game against 83 a mother and father ran onto the
field and confronted a player not even involved in
a scirmish. It was embarrassing. Also witnessed were
the foul language and yelling by the LI parents on both
Gladiators and Team 91. This board should judge
parents on the sidelines and not the teams on the
field. Both Gladiators and 91 were 1-2 and their
parents couldn't have been louder and more obnoxiou

Absolute lie!! Do NOT throw 91 into the mix of this ridiculousness. I'm a 91 parent, this is not hearsay it's the truth! NO cursing, yelling or fighting on our sidelines!! Idk what went on elsewhere but, do NOT spread vicious rumors about something you know nothing of!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

91 won where??? fl$ won where??? Gladiators lost where?? C'mon MANNN. Lets try and keep it real.

Ok, lets "keep it real", what have the Terps Black done this summer? Where have they won? When have they played as a whole team? These other teams have stayed in tact, not addingdropping a player & played their schedule, no excuses. What have the Terps done to remain the "infamous" #2 on LI this summer?

Terps black are the undefeated champs of Univ of Maryland 2017 Young Guns Tournament over the last three days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh snap!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps black are the undefeated champs of Univ of Maryland 2017 Young Guns Tournament over the last three days.

What teams did they play? Seems top Md NJ and Pa teams elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 69 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard