BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 67 of 220 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2020 Black hands down for this tournament. Kicking a@# and taking names.

TG should win every age but 2017, not much competition at this one.

Congratulations 2017 TG Black for winning championships. Beat Team Elevate 3-2 in a nail bitter. Never say never!!!!

TG purple did great at all age levels. Congrats to them.

Congratulations Black. TG Purple played all of the higher ranked teams in the tournament and held their own. Nice weather too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats 2020 black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats 2020 black

Agreed, 3rd place is great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final standings? Scores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG teams played well, but with the exception of Elevate who was there,no real teams, no college coaches. Given there is only six road shows a year this one is kind of a waste.
I noticed as you got to the upper grades even fewer clubs were represented.
You have to start somewhere and having a younger player myself it will be very interesting to see how this tournament does in the future.
I got to sleep in my own bed but gave up quality games and was this was likely the weakest tournament for us this summer.
Should have played Lax for the Cure last week and enjoyed my pool, family and friends this weekend.
Growing pains I suppose.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally got to see Bill coach first hand yesterday. Now I know what everyone is talking about. Lots of yelling, very little coaching. This is what people are paying for? Crazy.
Also got to experience some Psycho daddies and mommies in action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally got to see Bill coach first hand yesterday. Now I know what everyone is talking about. Lots of yelling, very little coaching. This is what people are paying for? Crazy.
Also got to experience some Psycho daddies and mommies in action.

They are on every sideline in every youth sport.. I'm sure the same can be said of your teams sidelines..A referee was killed in Brazil over the weekend his head was cut off by the crowd.. the TG didn't play in that tournanment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't know what you're talking about. Bill has coached my daughter's team on several occasions, and other than some bickering with the refs, he usually gives excellent instruction. That's not what people are paying for. He helps out with various teams from time to time, that's all. Go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to condone his sideline antics is ridiculous,every time I have seen the guy there is some drama, kicked out of my daughters high school game, getting in a shouting match with YJ coach at national draw, getting into it with refs , getting into argument with other coach this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to condone his sideline antics is ridiculous,every time I have seen the guy there is some drama, kicked out of my daughters high school game, getting in a shouting match with YJ coach at national draw, getting into it with refs , getting into argument with other coach this past weekend.

I'm not condoning "antics". Like I said - I've seen some bickering with refs, for sure, but also very solid directions for the girls. YJ coaches, and many, many coaches, in general are the same, or worse. Is that your point? That he can get overly excited, and do the wrong thing on the sidelines once in a while? That's some huge revelation you made!! Thanks for pointing that out to everyone!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not condoning "antics". Like I said - I've seen some bickering with refs, for sure, but also very solid directions for the girls. YJ coaches, and many, many coaches, in general are the same, or worse. Is that your point? That he can get overly excited, and do the wrong thing on the sidelines once in a while? That's some huge revelation you made!! Thanks for pointing that out to everyone!

You seem to be one of those idiots that look the other way when someone does the wrong thing because in your mind he gives some very solid directions once in a while, pathetic.The fact that you feel many many coaches in general are the same shows you to be clueless.Exactly what are his credentials to be coaching anyway, I will concede his daughter was a great player and I believe an excellent coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear your daughter got cut from TG I hope she finds her way on the YJ D team . Have a great summer playing against the other YJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS has more knowledge of girls lacrosse that most of the other coaches and refs. He helped raise a superb athlete who has a love and respect for the game. If you don't like BS and or TG's, then don't have your daughter play there, I on the other hand will stay as long as they will have me. Love the Org, the coaches, The Smiths, etc... Having a great expierence at TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear your daughter got cut from TG I hope she finds her way on the YJ D team . Have a great summer playing against the other YJ teams.

The YJ D teams have been more successful than your TG teams this summer, keep making fun of the YJ lower level teams as they absolutely performed better than your TG teams at national draw. Nice exposure your recruiting age kids got this past weekend still waiting on the college coach list from the lacrosse by 1 tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a few things missing from last weekends Lacrosse By 3 tournament

Where are the score results from the individual games at each age bracket??
Where are, at least, the crowned winners of each age bracket!???

And to the last point, if I'm considering switching organizations, where is the promised list of college coaches that attended the weekend tournament???

All very reasonable requests!!!

Why is it that the only posts that come across the screen must be favorable to the organizations thread?? Just tell us the information we request. We pay a lot of money to these teams and the transparency is minimal. We deserve to hear the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for TG and she is very happy when BS visits the sidelines. First off, if your daughter doesn't play for TG then why do you care who coaches other peoples' daughters? Secondly, you have no business telling other people they are idiots when you come on a public site and can't even communicate in proper English. Go back and check your grammar and spend more time worrying about educating yourself than on a website worrying about a coach from another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS has more knowledge of girls lacrosse that most of the other coaches and refs. He helped raise a superb athlete who has a love and respect for the game. If you don't like BS and or TG's, then don't have your daughter play there, I on the other hand will stay as long as they will have me. Love the Org, the coaches, The Smiths, etc... Having a great expierence at TG.

I agree 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to be one of those idiots that look the other way when someone does the wrong thing because in your mind he gives some very solid directions once in a while, pathetic.The fact that you feel many many coaches in general are the same shows you to be clueless.Exactly what are his credentials to be coaching anyway, I will concede his daughter was a great player and I believe an excellent coach.

I don't look the other way. I've been around the game long enough to know that there are many coaches that sometimes go overboard during games. I didn't say that was a good thing, but it's reality. If you don't see that, you're the one that's clueless, and an idiot - to use your words of wisdom! I'm done arguing with you. Try to enjoy your daughter's lacrosse experience, and have fun the rest of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for TG and she is very happy when BS visits the sidelines. First off, if your daughter doesn't play for TG then why do you care who coaches other peoples' daughters? Secondly, you have no business telling other people they are idiots when you come on a public site and can't even communicate in proper English. Go back and check your grammar and spend more time worrying about educating yourself than on a website worrying about a coach from another club.

Since you insulted his or her grammar, I feel compelled to mention that your post had two grammatical errors. Your first sentence should have had a comma after the word "TG", and the correct spelling is "people's" not "peoples'".

Come on, admit it, people. I brought a smile to many this morning, on both sides of the aisle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you insulted his or her grammar, I feel compelled to mention that your post had two grammatical errors. Your first sentence should have had a comma after the word "TG", and the correct spelling is "people's" not "peoples'".

Come on, admit it, people. I brought a smile to many this morning, on both sides of the aisle.

I have to admit there is nothing funnier than a grammar goon getting schooled. Just too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You did bring a smile, but no comma was required. So it makes it even funnier! I do get your original point though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I could not care about your grammar. The thing about caring even if BS does not coach my kid is simple, my child has to witness his antics every tournament we see him. I have explained to her that some people have issues w controlling their emotions but she has witnessed his verbal abuse due to his lack of emotional control several times and only once at her high school game did those in charge do the right thing. If that's the role model you want for your kids that's fine but my kid should not have to be subject to it. I get that it can all be used as a learning event but seems to me at some point the lesson my kid is learning happens to be depending on who you are people are willing to look the other way. Grammar has never been my forte' so feel free to do like many a teacher of mine did and take out the red pen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I could not care about your grammar. The thing about caring even if BS does not coach my kid is simple, my child has to witness his antics every tournament we see him. I have explained to her that some people have issues w controlling their emotions but she has witnessed his verbal abuse due to his lack of emotional control several times and only once at her high school game did those in charge do the right thing. If that's the role model you want for your kids that's fine but my kid should not have to be subject to it. I get that it can all be used as a learning event but seems to me at some point the lesson my kid is learning happens to be depending on who you are people are willing to look the other way. Grammar has never been my forte' so feel free to do like many a teacher of mine did and take out the red pen.

Nah, we will do what most of the people who went to school with you did...Ignore you,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I've never seen this sort of behavior from BS, but whatever. My point is he's not your coach, you see him from time to time, your kid sees it, you've explained your position on it, now move on. The villagers are not firing up their torches the way you want and they won't. There are a thousand worse things going on in the world today to worry about, just open up your newspaper and try to explain that craziness to your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, we will do what most of the people who went to school with you did...Ignore you,

At leadt you saw him coaching a team, must have been one that a family member was on. You are correct, he is not a great role model for children but he does knoe lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah, BS is the one crazy associated with travel lax. You should quite now because there are many way worse in just about all the clubs. If your looking to avoid competitive people and admittedly over the top coaches, travel lax may not be the sport for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is no worse than half the coaches in the yj org u idiot. Do u cover you daughters ears and eyes wben u walk past a yj game or practice.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
He is no worse than half the coaches in the yj org u idiot. Do u cover you daughters ears and eyes wben u walk past a yj game or practice.

Don't single out YJ. It's in every club and school, in every sport. You just have to learn to deal or move on. My kids have had some screamers for coaches, they just learned to tune them out. We laugh about it now, we laughed about it then.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Don't single out YJ. It's in every club and school, in every sport. You just have to learn to deal or move on. My kids have had some screamers for coaches, they just learned to tune them out. We laugh about it now, we laughed about it then.
Take a look at the Mid-Atlantic Board and the discussion (that has gone viral) regarding MadLax Coach and Founder Cabell Maddux. The e-mail exchange where this coach berates his former player (an eighth grader) and his family will make a "screamer" coach seem like a Saturday walk in the park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone except your wife

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone except your wife

You're witty, You gonna talk about my mother next?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I've never seen this sort of behavior from BS, but whatever. My point is he's not your coach, you see him from time to time, your kid sees it, you've explained your position on it, now move on. The villagers are not firing up their torches the way you want and they won't. There are a thousand worse things going on in the world today to worry about, just open up your newspaper and try to explain that craziness to your kid.

Same here Powder. Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the dead spin link, that is the most unbelievable exchange of e-mails I have ever seen, guy is off his rocker. Hopefully after he gets exposed for the piece of crap he is, he gets run out of the lacrosse community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am also new to this team and have no idea what you are talking about. Someone is trying to stir the pot on this site!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I get some true feelings from any 2020 parent. How has your first season been? How is the coaching? Has the your daughter learned anything? Has the team shown growth as a team? I have a 2021 and I am looking for the right club for her. I would love to hear from both the black and purple parents. Are teams trained equally etc.?
Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls are so young the emphasis is on getting better, progressing as a team and player, learning the game and having fun. Very happy thus far. Families are very nice and welcoming, girls are even more so. Coaching has been thoughtful and encouraging. I would go to a practice and take a peek. Call Top Guns and see if that's an option for you. We like the small family vibe program has and our daughter is very much enjoying it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Went to the dead spin link, that is the most unbelievable exchange of e-mails I have ever seen, guy is off his rocker. Hopefully after he gets exposed for the piece of crap he is, he gets run out of the lacrosse community.

Agreed. That coach is batsh&t crazy.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Word we are getting here at BOTC is that players and families are resigning from the MadLax program in droves.

This story is a public relations nightmare for the club as this individual is more than just a coach - he is the face and founder of MadLax.

What makes this worse is according to a picture on Facebook, we believe that he has young boys himself.

The national exposure and controversy surrounding this story is incredible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Word we are getting here at BOTC is that players and families are resigning from the MadLax program in droves.

This story is a public relations nightmare for the club as this individual is more than just a coach - he is the face and founder of MadLax.

What makes this worse is according to a picture on Facebook, we believe that he has young boys himself.

The national exposure and controversy surrounding this story is incredible.
Sounds like something one of the TG Psycho Daddies would do when he got angry.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sounds like something one of the TG Psycho Daddies would do when he got angry.
No. This situation is significantly worse than any individual club coach could muster. The coach, Cabell Maddux, is the face for the entire club.

Picture one of the known Long Island club leaders/owners berating a player and his/her parents over the course of multiple months in e-mails, falsely feeling safe that the information would never be made public.

This is not a local club issue. This is a national story.

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 220 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard