Registration is open for the Girls Elite 88 Showcase - Sign up at CBLaxers.com/girls
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:29 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:28 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:20 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,694
Posts312,366
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 405 of 412 1 2 403 404 405 406 407 411 412
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #350132 09/18/21 08:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My oldest is in 7th grade on a top club team. In your experience, how much of the recruiting is due to your son's HS team vs his club team. We are on the fence on private vs public.

Private without any doubt if you are looking to go D1. You can make it in Public, but it is so much harder. Look at MIAA commitments, many arent even that good besides playing in college rule MIAA league. But look how many are committed. And the majority will not see the field in D1.

With Lacrosse becoming popular in FL, GA, CA, TX ,NC the MIAA is slowly losing out to these states in Recruitment and actually playing in D1 . Looking over last years rosters of Final 8 in NCAA playoffs, ND has 1, UVA a 2, Duke 0, NC 6 , Georgetown 4, Rutgers 1 , Loyola 5 and MD has a bunch 7. A few actually start and play but majority ride the bench. MIAA aint what it used to be.

You realize the MIAA is a league, right? 11 teams in the A conference. 26 kids in the final 8 NCAA D1 tourney from one league, not state, is impressive.

Best players in state gravitate to the MIAA schools, DMV to IAC. Most college teams have less and less MIAA players. Besides a few 3 or 4 they all rode the bench last year and some have for years. Having 3 or 4 play out of 8 final college teams from the supposed best HS conference in country is not that great. 11 MIAA teams must have 250-350 players. 8 college teams have 450 players ... 3/4 play..

All these fuss in Baltimore over getting D1 this and that, holding back, best club , hit the wall, pay entire team to transfer, arent getting great results. Maybe I am missing something.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #350138 09/18/21 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 230 high school teams in Maryland. All 11 MIAA “A” teams were ranked in the top 18 last season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350155 09/19/21 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 kids from MIAA in the elite eight?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350156 09/19/21 05:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 230 high school teams in Maryland. All 11 MIAA “A” teams were ranked in the top 18 last season.

Send your kid where he will have a chance to get some playing time. There are never any guarantees, but take stock of the situation and be honest about your kids’ chances of playing at these schools. MIAA is great but not if you’ll never get to play.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350187 09/19/21 09:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My oldest is in 7th grade on a top club team. In your experience, how much of the recruiting is due to your son's HS team vs his club team. We are on the fence on private vs public.

Private without any doubt if you are looking to go D1. You can make it in Public, but it is so much harder. Look at MIAA commitments, many arent even that good besides playing in college rule MIAA league. But look how many are committed. And the majority will not see the field in D1.

With Lacrosse becoming popular in FL, GA, CA, TX ,NC the MIAA is slowly losing out to these states in Recruitment and actually playing in D1 . Looking over last years rosters of Final 8 in NCAA playoffs, ND has 1, UVA a 2, Duke 0, NC 6 , Georgetown 4, Rutgers 1 , Loyola 5 and MD has a bunch 7. A few actually start and play but majority ride the bench. MIAA aint what it used to be.

Wait... MIAA's senior class this year sending multiple kids to UNC, UVA, Syracuse, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, Lehigh, Loyola, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Army, Navy... three of the top ten kids are from the MIAA... your right its not what it used to be... its a lot better...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350192 09/20/21 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize the MIAA is a league, right? 11 teams in the A conference. 26 kids in the final 8 NCAA D1 tourney from one league, not state, is impressive.

Best players in state gravitate to the MIAA schools, DMV to IAC. Most college teams have less and less MIAA players. Besides a few 3 or 4 they all rode the bench last year and some have for years. Having 3 or 4 play out of 8 final college teams from the supposed best HS conference in country is not that great. 11 MIAA teams must have 250-350 players. 8 college teams have 450 players ... 3/4 play..

All these fuss in Baltimore over getting D1 this and that, holding back, best club , hit the wall, pay entire team to transfer, arent getting great results. Maybe I am missing something.

Sounds like someone’s kid didn’t make it in the miaa.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350194 09/20/21 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait... MIAA's senior class this year sending multiple kids to UNC, UVA, Syracuse, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, Lehigh, Loyola, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Army, Navy... three of the top ten kids are from the MIAA... your right its not what it used to be... its a lot better...

While that is impressive, I doubt more than a a few ever start or play. That was the point, not if they could get recruited. The league and schools get them looks.

Year of playing have made MIAA players highly skilled with stickwork and IQ which gets them recruited. That was all that was needed to play D1 years ago. Now with influx of a bunch of very athletic players ( some less skilled) from all over country, it is becoming harder and harder for MIAA players to see the field. As the coach says, I can teach skills, but I cant teach athleticism and speed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350231 09/20/21 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone’s kid didn’t make it in the miaa.

Playing in the MIAA isnt that hard if you are willing to put in the work, obviously you need some decent ability, its the next level that is where more than work comes into play.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350252 09/20/21 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the Prostart/SP goalie or should I say his dad, committed to a high division 1 yet?

Cecil Community College

Congrats

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #350255 09/20/21 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best MIAA players that have yet to commit in the 2023 Class?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350258 09/20/21 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the Prostart/SP goalie or should I say his dad, committed to a high division 1 yet?

Cecil Community College

Congrats

Not just Congrats, A Big Congrats ! Hard Work does pay off.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350263 09/20/21 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While that is impressive, I doubt more than a a few ever start or play. That was the point, not if they could get recruited. The league and schools get them looks.

Year of playing have made MIAA players highly skilled with stickwork and IQ which gets them recruited. That was all that was needed to play D1 years ago. Now with influx of a bunch of very athletic players ( some less skilled) from all over country, it is becoming harder and harder for MIAA players to see the field. As the coach says, I can teach skills, but I cant teach athleticism and speed.

Huh? every conference in D1 has MIAA players PLAYING. Go watch some TV.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350279 09/20/21 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? every conference in D1 has MIAA players PLAYING. Go watch some TV.

Really sensitive about this subject. MIAA has great quality of players and games, No one denies that, They had Pat Spencer, Hancock and Logan Wisnauskas even tho i think he is 24/25, all great players, But each year it seems they have been having less actually play on field. I hope it changes, but it is what it is,,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350280 09/20/21 07:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Everyone killing this kid

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350299 09/21/21 01:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Send your kid where he will have a chance to get some playing time. There are never any guarantees, but take stock of the situation and be honest about your kids’ chances of playing at these schools. MIAA is great but not if you’ll never get to play.

Even the bottom teams in the miaa were ranked well ahead of the public state champs.

And federation rules are trash. MIAA is such a superior brand of lax and it isn’t even close.

Like Reply Quote
Page 405 of 412 1 2 403 404 405 406 407 411 412
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard