Originally Posted by Anonymous
My oldest is in 7th grade on a top club team. In your experience, how much of the recruiting is due to your son's HS team vs his club team. We are on the fence on private vs public.

Private without any doubt if you are looking to go D1. You can make it in Public, but it is so much harder. Look at MIAA commitments, many arent even that good besides playing in college rule MIAA league. But look how many are committed. And the majority will not see the field in D1.

With Lacrosse becoming popular in FL, GA, CA, TX ,NC the MIAA is slowly losing out to these states in Recruitment and actually playing in D1 . Looking over last years rosters of Final 8 in NCAA playoffs, ND has 1, UVA a 2, Duke 0, NC 6 , Georgetown 4, Rutgers 1 , Loyola 5 and MD has a bunch 7. A few actually start and play but majority ride the bench. MIAA aint what it used to be.

Wait... MIAA's senior class this year sending multiple kids to UNC, UVA, Syracuse, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, Lehigh, Loyola, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Army, Navy... three of the top ten kids are from the MIAA... your right its not what it used to be... its a lot better...

While that is impressive, I doubt more than a a few ever start or play. That was the point, not if they could get recruited. The league and schools get them looks.

Year of playing have made MIAA players highly skilled with stickwork and IQ which gets them recruited. That was all that was needed to play D1 years ago. Now with influx of a bunch of very athletic players ( some less skilled) from all over country, it is becoming harder and harder for MIAA players to see the field. As the coach says, I can teach skills, but I cant teach athleticism and speed.

Huh? every conference in D1 has MIAA players PLAYING. Go watch some TV.

Really sensitive about this subject. MIAA has great quality of players and games, No one denies that, They had Pat Spencer, Hancock and Logan Wisnauskas even tho i think he is 24/25, all great players, But each year it seems they have been having less actually play on field. I hope it changes, but it is what it is,,