Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 05:04 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 04:33 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:40 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:05 PM
Girls 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,074
Posts335,315
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 89 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #348199 09/01/21 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #348201 09/01/21 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will InsideLacrosse be ranking 23’s this year?
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)
I hope coaches look beyond UAAA and AS for girls to put on the lists.

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

Inside Lacrosse will put the rankings out after the top girls commit. They’ll rank them based off which top schools they commit to they actually haven’t watched them play. Why you shouldn’t care about it to much. Most will be great players so will the most next 50 players that didn’t make list.

Not true at all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348202 09/01/21 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Yes! Legacy goalie committed a while ago to Navy. I don’t think we will see many others for a few weeks. I know my daughter will visit 4-5 schools over the next several weeks before making her choice.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348203 09/01/21 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will InsideLacrosse be ranking 23’s this year?
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)
I hope coaches look beyond UAAA and AS for girls to put on the lists.

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

Inside Lacrosse will put the rankings out after the top girls commit. They’ll rank them based off which top schools they commit to they actually haven’t watched them play. Why you shouldn’t care about it to much. Most will be great players so will the most next 50 players that didn’t make list.

Inside Lacrosse absolute watches the girls play and their rankings are base upon what they watch all summer long. They watch the most competitive club teams/tournaments as well as UA underclass (maybe this year AS as well).

You sound like one of those people who try to diminish every list or team that comes out.

IL rankings have proven to be pretty good for years. I don’t put a lot of stock in the exact rank but the players that get ranked in the top 30 - 40 usually go on to play at the top programs and have good college careers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348212 09/01/21 02:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Yes! Legacy goalie committed a while ago to Navy. I don’t think we will see many others for a few weeks. I know my daughter will visit 4-5 schools over the next several weeks before making her choice.

That’s great! Does that mean your daughter got interest and offers from the 4 or 5 she’s going to visit? Is that how that works? The schools pay for her to come visit?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #348222 09/01/21 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

I saw they brought CR in to get the win😂

TG is definitely a Thorn in YJs side, pun intended

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

It's because of all the beat downs Legacy gave Jesters.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348224 09/01/21 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is going to need to visit schools since we weren’t able to with COVID. She got calls from schools higher than she expected so I’m not sure how that will work— I think the potential is there that as the dominoes fall some other major programs might move down their list to her. Maybe I’m wrong on that though. She replied to all inquiries in the same format that they messaged her— so if it was a text, she texted, email she emailed. There were not calls— requests for calls this week.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348271 09/01/21 11:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

It's because of all the beat downs Legacy gave Jesters.

Beat downs on there B team you mean? They aren't even in the same league as there A team! And for the record, Jesters beat you and 6 other teams in Elite Eight so the best teams weren't there my friend! Legacy 23's are a joke in fact they were in the same division as Jesters in two tournaments this summer and Jesters were undefeated. Legacy couldn't even make playoffs but beat there B team at the end of year and they are pounding their chest.......LOL SMH

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348274 09/02/21 12:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

Mid Atlantic Summer Championships

Jesters Black 6
Monster Purple 5

Jesters Black 5
Skywalker Blue 4

Jesters Black 6
Top Gun Black 5

Jesters were 17 - 2 - 1 this summer losing only to Conn 5-3 and YJ 5-3 so were the best 8 teams invited? i don't think so

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348275 09/02/21 12:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is a joke !!!
23 ‘s no extra players

You are right. The #1 ranked club team in the age group is a joke.
Lost to the jesters cause one player beat them

Jesters had 3 girls scoring 6 of their goals, Top Gun's tall blond had 4 of their 5 goals - who's team is all about 1 player?
Jester coach made an adjustment and face guarded her and Jesters dominated the entire 2nd half

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #348278 09/02/21 06:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is a joke !!!
23 ‘s no extra players

You are right. The #1 ranked club team in the age group is a joke.
Lost to the jesters cause one player beat them

Jesters had 3 girls scoring 6 of their goals, Top Gun's tall blond had 4 of their 5 goals - who's team is all about 1 player?
Jester coach made an adjustment and face guarded her and Jesters dominated the entire 2nd half

Still talking about a 20 minute summer overtime win. Submit that with your transcript to the schools of your daughters choice. The recruiting process is in progress seems like you are living in the past. Reality check coming up.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348300 09/02/21 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny that in a 23 forum your still talking about team scores and rankings. Focus should be making sure your supporting your daughter in finding the right fit in the offers she receives

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348308 09/02/21 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally. It is recruitment time for the rest of us. Jesters parent is clearly trying to compensate for some shortcoming.
We ALL see your summer record and teams you beat by 1 goal and perhaps your team is one of the top 8 or 10...but it is Done. Where will the girls end up 2 yrs from now is happening RIGHT NOW. Focus, stop bellyaching.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348310 09/02/21 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally. It is recruitment time for the rest of us. Jesters parent is clearly trying to compensate for some shortcoming.
We ALL see your summer record and teams you beat by 1 goal and perhaps your team is one of the top 8 or 10...but it is Done. Where will the girls end up 2 yrs from now is happening RIGHT NOW. Focus, stop bellyaching.

Indeed. Hopefully those of you that have daughters who are speaking to coaches are realizing that you've wasted a lot of time worrying about team rankings. The college coaches don't care and I'll bet you it never comes up in any conversation.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348313 09/02/21 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, back to stuff that actually is important. A recruiting question. Daughter received interest from the majority of schools she is interested in. There is no perfect school. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Either they are outstanding academic (top 10) with ok lacrosse. Meaning little to no chance of a national championship, but for some (not ACC), a chance for a conference championship. One has a decent chance to win a NC, but is a plane ride away, while the others are 3 hours are less driving. Then there are a couple which are 5-8 hour drive and top 20-30 schools, but will probably not offer any money. A couple other calls informed her that she is not the top of the list, but will likely move up after girls start to commit. Some of these schools also said if they recruit her, she will only be allowed to play a certain position which is not the position she wants to play. She will probably not be waiting around for those schools, as they are no better than the other options that have her higher. She really liked/connected with some coaches she spoke to, but not so much for others. Ivies are definitely in the mix, and we would probably get about 50% there (need based). Does anyone know if any of the Ivies have grants? Would you go for top academic over good academic with better lax? We will obviously be visiting about 5-6 schools, but it is all getting so confusing to make the best choice. Anyone out there going through, or went though a similar scenario and have any advice?

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 89 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard