BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will InsideLacrosse be ranking 23’s this year?
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)
I hope coaches look beyond UAAA and AS for girls to put on the lists.

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

Inside Lacrosse will put the rankings out after the top girls commit. They’ll rank them based off which top schools they commit to they actually haven’t watched them play. Why you shouldn’t care about it to much. Most will be great players so will the most next 50 players that didn’t make list.

Not true at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Yes! Legacy goalie committed a while ago to Navy. I don’t think we will see many others for a few weeks. I know my daughter will visit 4-5 schools over the next several weeks before making her choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will InsideLacrosse be ranking 23’s this year?
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)
I hope coaches look beyond UAAA and AS for girls to put on the lists.

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

Inside Lacrosse will put the rankings out after the top girls commit. They’ll rank them based off which top schools they commit to they actually haven’t watched them play. Why you shouldn’t care about it to much. Most will be great players so will the most next 50 players that didn’t make list.

Inside Lacrosse absolute watches the girls play and their rankings are base upon what they watch all summer long. They watch the most competitive club teams/tournaments as well as UA underclass (maybe this year AS as well).

You sound like one of those people who try to diminish every list or team that comes out.

IL rankings have proven to be pretty good for years. I don’t put a lot of stock in the exact rank but the players that get ranked in the top 30 - 40 usually go on to play at the top programs and have good college careers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Yes! Legacy goalie committed a while ago to Navy. I don’t think we will see many others for a few weeks. I know my daughter will visit 4-5 schools over the next several weeks before making her choice.

That’s great! Does that mean your daughter got interest and offers from the 4 or 5 she’s going to visit? Is that how that works? The schools pay for her to come visit?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

I saw they brought CR in to get the win😂

TG is definitely a Thorn in YJs side, pun intended

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

It's because of all the beat downs Legacy gave Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is going to need to visit schools since we weren’t able to with COVID. She got calls from schools higher than she expected so I’m not sure how that will work— I think the potential is there that as the dominoes fall some other major programs might move down their list to her. Maybe I’m wrong on that though. She replied to all inquiries in the same format that they messaged her— so if it was a text, she texted, email she emailed. There were not calls— requests for calls this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

It's because of all the beat downs Legacy gave Jesters.

Beat downs on there B team you mean? They aren't even in the same league as there A team! And for the record, Jesters beat you and 6 other teams in Elite Eight so the best teams weren't there my friend! Legacy 23's are a joke in fact they were in the same division as Jesters in two tournaments this summer and Jesters were undefeated. Legacy couldn't even make playoffs but beat there B team at the end of year and they are pounding their chest.......LOL SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

Mid Atlantic Summer Championships

Jesters Black 6
Monster Purple 5

Jesters Black 5
Skywalker Blue 4

Jesters Black 6
Top Gun Black 5

Jesters were 17 - 2 - 1 this summer losing only to Conn 5-3 and YJ 5-3 so were the best 8 teams invited? i don't think so

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is a joke !!!
23 ‘s no extra players

You are right. The #1 ranked club team in the age group is a joke.
Lost to the jesters cause one player beat them

Jesters had 3 girls scoring 6 of their goals, Top Gun's tall blond had 4 of their 5 goals - who's team is all about 1 player?
Jester coach made an adjustment and face guarded her and Jesters dominated the entire 2nd half

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is a joke !!!
23 ‘s no extra players

You are right. The #1 ranked club team in the age group is a joke.
Lost to the jesters cause one player beat them

Jesters had 3 girls scoring 6 of their goals, Top Gun's tall blond had 4 of their 5 goals - who's team is all about 1 player?
Jester coach made an adjustment and face guarded her and Jesters dominated the entire 2nd half

Still talking about a 20 minute summer overtime win. Submit that with your transcript to the schools of your daughters choice. The recruiting process is in progress seems like you are living in the past. Reality check coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny that in a 23 forum your still talking about team scores and rankings. Focus should be making sure your supporting your daughter in finding the right fit in the offers she receives

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally. It is recruitment time for the rest of us. Jesters parent is clearly trying to compensate for some shortcoming.
We ALL see your summer record and teams you beat by 1 goal and perhaps your team is one of the top 8 or 10...but it is Done. Where will the girls end up 2 yrs from now is happening RIGHT NOW. Focus, stop bellyaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally. It is recruitment time for the rest of us. Jesters parent is clearly trying to compensate for some shortcoming.
We ALL see your summer record and teams you beat by 1 goal and perhaps your team is one of the top 8 or 10...but it is Done. Where will the girls end up 2 yrs from now is happening RIGHT NOW. Focus, stop bellyaching.

Indeed. Hopefully those of you that have daughters who are speaking to coaches are realizing that you've wasted a lot of time worrying about team rankings. The college coaches don't care and I'll bet you it never comes up in any conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, back to stuff that actually is important. A recruiting question. Daughter received interest from the majority of schools she is interested in. There is no perfect school. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Either they are outstanding academic (top 10) with ok lacrosse. Meaning little to no chance of a national championship, but for some (not ACC), a chance for a conference championship. One has a decent chance to win a NC, but is a plane ride away, while the others are 3 hours are less driving. Then there are a couple which are 5-8 hour drive and top 20-30 schools, but will probably not offer any money. A couple other calls informed her that she is not the top of the list, but will likely move up after girls start to commit. Some of these schools also said if they recruit her, she will only be allowed to play a certain position which is not the position she wants to play. She will probably not be waiting around for those schools, as they are no better than the other options that have her higher. She really liked/connected with some coaches she spoke to, but not so much for others. Ivies are definitely in the mix, and we would probably get about 50% there (need based). Does anyone know if any of the Ivies have grants? Would you go for top academic over good academic with better lax? We will obviously be visiting about 5-6 schools, but it is all getting so confusing to make the best choice. Anyone out there going through, or went though a similar scenario and have any advice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, back to stuff that actually is important. A recruiting question. Daughter received interest from the majority of schools she is interested in. There is no perfect school. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Either they are outstanding academic (top 10) with ok lacrosse. Meaning little to no chance of a national championship, but for some (not ACC), a chance for a conference championship. One has a decent chance to win a NC, but is a plane ride away, while the others are 3 hours are less driving. Then there are a couple which are 5-8 hour drive and top 20-30 schools, but will probably not offer any money. A couple other calls informed her that she is not the top of the list, but will likely move up after girls start to commit. Some of these schools also said if they recruit her, she will only be allowed to play a certain position which is not the position she wants to play. She will probably not be waiting around for those schools, as they are no better than the other options that have her higher. She really liked/connected with some coaches she spoke to, but not so much for others. Ivies are definitely in the mix, and we would probably get about 50% there (need based). Does anyone know if any of the Ivies have grants? Would you go for top academic over good academic with better lax? We will obviously be visiting about 5-6 schools, but it is all getting so confusing to make the best choice. Anyone out there going through, or went though a similar scenario and have any advice?

Awww poor you. What an obnoxious post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have always found it helpful to evaluate the schools as to whether my daughter would still be happy there if a significant injury took her away from playing lacrosse. I.e. the broken leg test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome! Each kid is so different— my kid struggles academically so we are looking for the best lacrosse at the biggest athletic school, period. Tuition isn’t a factor. In your case, I’d go for the best lacrosse/best school that you can pay for and she likes. Does she want to be driving distance or would she be interested in checking out a different area of the country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d immediately remove the schools that don’t want to play her at her preferred position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is awesome! Each kid is so different— my kid struggles academically so we are looking for the best lacrosse at the biggest athletic school, period. Tuition isn’t a factor. In your case, I’d go for the best lacrosse/best school that you can pay for and she likes. Does she want to be driving distance or would she be interested in checking out a different area of the country?

She is, not sure if we are! Already have another kid 7 hours away, and it is a lot harder than it seems, especially if you want to go to all the games. Being closer would be nice, but not the deciding factor. I hear what you mean about academics. All my kids are different academically, and athletically, and it's so important to get the right. fit. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have your daughter write out a “T” chart of pros and cons for each school. Have her write her feelings and impressions during the phone calls. These she can go back and reference later on when she prioritizes the interest level (both hers and the schools). Rank the schools (1-10) in terms of education,lacrosse, campus, feel, distance and $$$. Just be aware many coaches can and do change positions. These coaches are being up front with her.
In the end there is no wrong choice. It’s a personal decision and she needs to know that her opinion (and yours lol) is all that matters.

Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

take a look at the "Commitment Center" tab at the top of this page.. 2023 girls already show 5-6 commits.. congrats to the earlier deciders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awww poor you. What an obnoxious post.

Get over yourself. They are asking for help isn’t that what we should be doing instead of being a bitty baby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a PP said - the broken leg test is a great one. On top of that, how would she feel about the school if the coach left? How would she feel potentially riding the bench? How set is she in her education path - do they have a wide variety of majors to choose from so if she wants to switch she can? What non-lacrosse related things are important to her about a school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So, back to stuff that actually is important. A recruiting question. Daughter received interest from the majority of schools she is interested in. There is no perfect school. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Either they are outstanding academic (top 10) with ok lacrosse. Meaning little to no chance of a national championship, but for some (not ACC), a chance for a conference championship. One has a decent chance to win a NC, but is a plane ride away, while the others are 3 hours are less driving. Then there are a couple which are 5-8 hour drive and top 20-30 schools, but will probably not offer any money. A couple other calls informed her that she is not the top of the list, but will likely move up after girls start to commit. Some of these schools also said if they recruit her, she will only be allowed to play a certain position which is not the position she wants to play. She will probably not be waiting around for those schools, as they are no better than the other options that have her higher. She really liked/connected with some coaches she spoke to, but not so much for others. Ivies are definitely in the mix, and we would probably get about 50% there (need based). Does anyone know if any of the Ivies have grants? Would you go for top academic over good academic with better lax? We will obviously be visiting about 5-6 schools, but it is all getting so confusing to make the best choice. Anyone out there going through, or went though a similar scenario and have any advice?

I cant believe you are that savvy but so uninformed about where to find money. It should be the first priority. There is always money somewhere! Esp with the higher endowment schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, these are things you need to be having with your daughters club coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

take a look at the "Commitment Center" tab at the top of this page.. 2023 girls already show 5-6 commits.. congrats to the earlier deciders.
Those are a bit outdated.
There is a NDP/Heros girl who is SDSU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

Those are a bit outdated.
There is a NDP/Heros girl who is SDSU
Not all commits' show on the Commitment tab. Parent/child has to submit the commitment for it to be posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is thought of committing as soon as one of your top 10-15 choices comes through with an offer, playing super spectacular The last two years of high school and then committing at a higher choice on your list the spring or summer before college?
These 23’s are getting the short end of the stick with all of the Covid redshirting, grads, reclassifying, and transfers coming through. There three more years of this waiting game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So she's going to major in lacrosse and stay as long as she can remain eligible? Good plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is thought of committing as soon as one of your top 10-15 choices comes through with an offer, playing super spectacular The last two years of high school and then committing at a higher choice on your list the spring or summer before college?
These 23’s are getting the short end of the stick with all of the Covid redshirting, grads, reclassifying, and transfers coming through. There three more years of this waiting game.

That's a great question. You see this happen a lot on the boys side. If a better offer came along, I would take it. And you are 100% right, the grads are taking 2-3 spots away form our girls, especially at the better schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 23 commits yet?

http://www.laxbytes.com/RECRUITS/recruits_wom_2023.php

This list will be the most up to date. All commitment lists need to be submitted by the player (including connectlax which is what shows on the back of the cage commitment page) so unless someone submits their commitment, you will never know. Same for Inside Lacrosse and LaxBytes but I have found the LaxBytes page to be the most comprehensive for the 22's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have your daughter write out a “T” chart of pros and cons for each school. Have her write her feelings and impressions during the phone calls. These she can go back and reference later on when she prioritizes the interest level (both hers and the schools). Rank the schools (1-10) in terms of education,lacrosse, campus, feel, distance and $$$. Just be aware many coaches can and do change positions. These coaches are being up front with her.
In the end there is no wrong choice. It’s a personal decision and she needs to know that her opinion (and yours lol) is all that matters.

Good luck

The above response has great suggestions. I've been through it twice. You really need to pick the school that checks the majority of the boxes and not just the ones pertaining to lacrosse. It has to be a college that the recruit can see themselves attending without lacrosse - but with the best possible combination of college and lacrosse attributes. Believe it or not, a lot can change between verbal commitment and Year 1 of playing. Coaches change schools a lot - take a look at all the movement just this summer. As opportunities open up, head coaches take advantage and there is a substantial domino effect in the coaching world (including assistant coaches who are an integral part of the recruiting process). Even the position you are recruited for can change. Each year the player makeup of the team can change significantly based on graduations and new recruits. You may have been recruited as a middie and played middie freshman and sophomore years but by your junior year, a younger middie may have been recruited that takes your position and you are now needed as a defender. Or a new coach sees you in a different position. Midfielders are highly recruited because the coaches know they will be able to play all positions (except goalie of course). Bottom line, things change and this is why picking the school outside of lacrosse is so very important. This is the reason you will see recruits that could easily play at the Division 1 level choose D2 or D3. The total package (and not just financial package) with a D2/D3 school may be more attractive to the recruit than their available options in D1. I see this happen all of the time. All of the things you mention are a very important part of making your overall decision. Tell your daughter to do her due diligence and then trust her gut from there. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a great question. You see this happen a lot on the boys side. If a better offer came along, I would take it. And you are 100% right, the grads are taking 2-3 spots away form our girls, especially at the better schools.

2020s will be seniors when 2023s are college freshman. The only class with the extra covid year by that time will be 2019s. Could be some redshirt 20s-22s, I suppose, but not many based on how many 2020s got playing time this past season instead of redshirting. Do you really think coaches are going to pass on 2023s they really like because for one year they might have a few 5th years or grad transfers? It is what it is and older classes are actually getting the short end of the stick more than 2023s. There's always a chance a program will pick up a commit or two late, but I wouldn't count on many players having the opportunity to trade up unless they improve significantly or didn't get much recruiting exposure before junior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My answer is based off the following… What would you say about a coach that makes you an offer now, but is able to get a better player two years from now, pulls your offer and gives it to the other player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should honor your commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My answer is based off the following… What would you say about a coach that makes you an offer now, but is able to get a better player two years from now, pulls your offer and gives it to the other player?

Doesn't ever happen. Coaches honor their commitment, except in very rare circumstances which are usually the kid's fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020s will be seniors when 2023s are college freshman. The only class with the extra covid year by that time will be 2019s. Could be some redshirt 20s-22s, I suppose, but not many based on how many 2020s got playing time this past season instead of redshirting. Do you really think coaches are going to pass on 2023s they really like because for one year they might have a few 5th years or grad transfers? It is what it is and older classes are actually getting the short end of the stick more than 2023s. There's always a chance a program will pick up a commit or two late, but I wouldn't count on many players having the opportunity to trade up unless they improve significantly or didn't get much recruiting exposure before junior year.

All the 2020 Ivies will get an extra year because they didn't play last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should honor your commitment.

That is a very myopic statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't ever happen. Coaches honor their commitment, except in very rare circumstances which are usually the kid's fault.

Do coaches change jobs?

Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard