Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:24 AM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:13 AM
High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:09 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 08:02 AM
Next Level WINS 2026!
by Anonymous - 05/24/22 07:59 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,082
Posts335,768
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 54 55
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #346069 08/18/21 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth that Liberty black lost a chunk of their top players?

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

Amazes me that YJ holds their tryouts so late.

They’ll take YJ spots 26+++. The YJ rosters are ridiculous. Total money grab.

Says the parent who's daughter can't make their teams.
They are always the best, so detest all you want. It's pure jealously.

What are the roster sizes on average on the YJ teams?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #346120 08/18/21 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth that Liberty black lost a chunk of their top players?

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

Amazes me that YJ holds their tryouts so late.

They’ll take YJ spots 26+++. The YJ rosters are ridiculous. Total money grab.

Says the parent who's daughter can't make their teams.
They are always the best, so detest all you want. It's pure jealously.

What are the roster sizes on average on the YJ teams?

Last year's rosters are still on their website, you can see for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346153 08/18/21 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Ohana lacrosse club? Is it brand new? Who runs it?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346850 08/23/21 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the Ohana lacrosse club? Is it brand new? Who runs it?

Looks brand new on the girls side. I have never heard of it on the boys side either. I would have to do some more research. I wouldn’t necessarily count a new club out. S2S started with one boys team and in just a few short years have built that program out. Their girls side started with just 3 teams and now some of the years already have 2 teams. Pick an organization that fits your kid. Don’t be on an A team just to say she plays on an A team. If she doesn’t get to play that won’t help her improve. Some clubs are really hardcore. Will that incentivize her or burn her out? Do you want to travel off LI every weekend or are you good with more local tournaments. I have older kids so have been through this from start to finish. Understand your kids end game. Do they want to be a d1 commit? Or do you want them to be a d1 commit? Full rides are not a thing. If you are banking on a scholarship you may be disappointed. My daughter plays because she loves the game. We picked a team that matched her personality. If she plays in college because she wants to great. That will be up to her. Don’t let the crazy stink you in! Some of the parents are living vicariously through their kids.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #346887 08/23/21 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s great we live in an area with so many options. There is a team out there for every type of kid and the type of player they want to be. If it’s for fun and making friends and doing something they enjoy without having to be over the top serious, that’s awesome! There’s a team for that.

Pick fun , Especially at the younger ages. Let them have fun and enjoy it, then go from there as they develop their game. See where “they” want to go with it. You will know if your daughter is truly enjoying it, if you don’t have to “make them go” to practice and games!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #347078 08/24/21 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with the Liberty program? Heard the 2026 Liberty Red team folded and their Black team may not have enough girls. Trying to make a decision where to go

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347122 08/24/21 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with the Liberty program? Heard the 2026 Liberty Red team folded and their Black team may not have enough girls. Trying to make a decision where to go

Your kid made Liberty black or red? And coming from another team or first year playing club? Liberty’s black teams are usually pretty strong but red are a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347162 08/24/21 05:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid made Liberty black or red? And coming from another team or first year playing club? Liberty’s black teams are usually pretty strong but red are a disaster.

The 2027 black team took kids this year that are playing lax for the first time this year. They also lost some of their top players. The Liberty Red team at this age isn’t that competitive. Hard to base things on the other years in an organization. Some years are just stronger than others. Liberty held tryouts weeks ago at this point. I would a little weary of them still offering spots, especially on their Black team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347185 08/24/21 07:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2027 black team took kids this year that are playing lax for the first time this year. They also lost some of their top players. The Liberty Red team at this age isn’t that competitive. Hard to base things on the other years in an organization. Some years are just stronger than others. Liberty held tryouts weeks ago at this point. I would a little weary of them still offering spots, especially on their Black team.

where did the girls who left black go?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347200 08/24/21 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure about that? Sounds off to me. Don’t think they’d take kids who’ve never played before. I heard they picked up some good players from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347217 08/24/21 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure about that? Sounds off to me. Don’t think they’d take kids who’ve never played before. I heard they picked up some good players from other teams.

100% sure as I know one. Picked up good players from where?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347218 08/24/21 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 2 went to YJ.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #347225 08/24/21 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ big upgrades. The gap gets wider.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347226 08/24/21 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple to yj and a couple to others.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347227 08/24/21 11:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. Heard the same thing from someone on another team in the org. Widely known some crazy parents on that team, extra practices, drama. A bunch left. replacements lower level than who left including the previously said first timers. Don’t know anything about red other than they take anyone. Time will tell for all teams. As being said, find a good place for your kid where they can grow and are happy. Wins/losses overrated.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 54 55
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard