Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 12:36 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 12:34 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 12:16 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 11:57 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 11:53 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts340,979
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 68
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #344825 08/10/21 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s amazing. One parent keeps complaining how bad yj is. Sorry... your kid isn’t good enough to play anymore. Two years ago she looked really good. It’s everyone else’s fault that she has not gotten better in two years ....and most other kids have. It’s the parent coaches fault that your kid doesn’t know how to play the game or doesn’t hustle. No one on high level teams pay for extra clinics/practices. It’s only YJ. You’re delusional. Good luck on a midlevel club beating up on bad travel teams. I look forward to more of your insightful travel posts in the future ...they make me laugh.

My daughter is coming back to grazzy but I’m still hoping there is a coaching change. Team could be so much better.

Its a top-5 team, hard to argue with results. So the issue with coaching is the kids aren't learning X & Os, the subbing, technical stuff, verbal abuse, or all of the above?
My daughters team played you guys, and won, but it was clear there was one main scorer and a few others but I saw a talented team that took poor shots and was out of control with checks (refs called it tight which hurt you guys).

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #344914 08/10/21 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

As long as she isn’t a middie you’re fine.

She’s actually attack. How are the odds there?
Good if she is quick, team could use a couple in the attack position.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #344939 08/10/21 08:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs that previously only had one team now have 2? Where are all these kids coming from? Are they leaving existing teams or are new players emerging? I am amazed that some of these clubs can field a second team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345730 08/15/21 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs that previously only had one team now have 2? Where are all these kids coming from? Are they leaving existing teams or are new players emerging? I am amazed that some of these clubs can field a second team.

They’ll keep fielding as many as they can as long as the money clears. Some kids and parents are fine to be on a B or C team. Not everyone is in this for the long run.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345734 08/15/21 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, look at you big man...evaluating little girls and speaking about one little girl in particular? You should email that parent directly since you feel so strongly. Dare you. Because you seem to know a LOT about girls lacrosse. Doesn't know how to play the game or hustle? Calm down and focus on your own daughter. Or post her number so we can evaluate her play right back. And your commitment to 12 year old girls lacrosse makes ME laugh. Have a little humility (look that up) and realize that just b/c your daughter plays right now, doesn't mean she always will. She's TWELVE ...don't count your chickens before they hatch...it's a long road.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #345735 08/15/21 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.

As long as she isn’t a middie you’re fine.

She’s actually attack. How are the odds there?
Good if she is quick, team could use a couple in the attack position.

And just a heads up she won’t learn much in actual practice but the coach sends around really useful YouTube videos as part of your tuition. Next best to having practice I guess.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #345752 08/15/21 08:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing. One parent keeps complaining how bad yj is. Sorry... your kid isn’t good enough to play anymore. Two years ago she looked really good. It’s everyone else’s fault that she has not gotten better in two years ....and most other kids have. It’s the parent coaches fault that your kid doesn’t know how to play the game or doesn’t hustle. No one on high level teams pay for extra clinics/practices. It’s only YJ. You’re delusional. Good luck on a midlevel club beating up on bad travel teams. I look forward to more of your insightful travel posts in the future ...they make me laugh.

My daughter is coming back to grazzy but I’m still hoping there is a coaching change. Team could be so much better.

The big issue on Grazzy is that they had 22-23 girls last year and had a 14-15 girl rotation until garbage time. That means 8 or 9 girls aren't going to get meaningful game experience. You don't want to go to Grazzy as a fringe player. Better off for development playing on the B team -- Gaghan

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345796 08/16/21 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big issue on Grazzy is that they had 22-23 girls last year and had a 14-15 girl rotation until garbage time. That means 8 or 9 girls aren't going to get meaningful game experience. You don't want to go to Grazzy as a fringe player. Better off for development playing on the B team -- Gaghan

That is typically the case with any team. You have to find the right team for your child. You never want to be at the bottom of a team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345821 08/16/21 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is typically the case with any team. You have to find the right team for your child. You never want to be at the bottom of a team.

Much worse at YJ than at other places. Many other top clubs here or in MD will give most if not all players some burn in pool play games. (Best player obv play more). Look at FLG, TG, Heros, STEPS, Aces, most players play in most non-playoff games.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #345885 08/16/21 04:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth that Liberty black lost a chunk of their top players?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #345964 08/17/21 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346011 08/17/21 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to whom? hard to believe any movement is finalized until after YJ tryouts next week.

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

Amazes me that YJ holds their tryouts so late.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346015 08/17/21 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have offered new girls spots, so they either know that girls are leaving or they are inflating the roster.

YJ used to hold tryouts in early December so they've gotten better

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346017 08/17/21 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ll take YJ spots 26+++. The YJ rosters are ridiculous. Total money grab.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #346046 08/17/21 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ll take YJ spots 26+++. The YJ rosters are ridiculous. Total money grab.

Says the parent who's daughter can't make their teams.
They are always the best, so detest all you want. It's pure jealously.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 68
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard