BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,943
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 171 of 215 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Final LI Girls Lax Power rankings:

Garden City
BBP
Manhasset
Northport
CSH
Massapequa
Center Moriches

thoughts?

Does this not include Catholics? SA would easily
be top 3

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
BBP
Manhasset
Northport
CSH
Massapequa
Center Moriches

thoughts?

be top 3

sorry it does not. Where do you think they would be ranked here. I don’t follow them as much. Would specifically be interested in SA, Sacred Heart, and Kellenberg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all the players who earned Under Armour All-American Honors! What a terrific accomplishment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have Suffolk All-County and All-American awards been handed out yet? If so does anyone know where the list can be found?

Anyone know the answer to this? I know boys awards have been handed out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
BBP
Manhasset
Northport
CSH
Massapequa
Center Moriches

thoughts?

be top 3

sorry it does not. Where do you think they would be ranked here. I don’t follow them as much. Would specifically be interested in SA, Sacred Heart, and Kellenberg.

Thinking SA would be ranked above CSH, Massapequa, and Center Moriches. The others would be all good games. Hopefully we will see when SA gets to play out of conference next year. See how they rank on LI ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garden City
BBP
Manhasset
Northport
CSH
Massapequa
Center Moriches

thoughts?

be top 3

Thinking SA would be ranked above CSH, Massapequa, and Center Moriches. The others would be all good games. Hopefully we will see when SA gets to play out of conference next year. See how they rank on LI ?

These power rankings are fine if it only includes the LI championship teams. A team like Wantagh would also be ranked ahead of CSH, Massapequa and CM. They beat CSH twice and Massapequa, plus they split with GC during season. Split with Manhasset during season and lost by 1 goal to Manhasset in county final. Teams like ESM, Smithtown East, West Babylon would also be ranked above some of those teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have loved to see SA play The public’s this year but it wasn’t happening. They were very strong IMO defense was even stronger than the offense (which was fantastic). I can’t wait to see what next year brings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when do AA awards come out for long island. Can someone post them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Back of the Cage redo their top 50 list for each class now based on actual performance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it, not many of names would still be on the list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
boc list have girls that didn't even make their varisty teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True! Hard to have made a list without much playing last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

The only lists that actually matter are the lists that the college coaches keep. The recruiting process will tell the player (and the parents) where the player stands in relation to other players in the same graduation year. What schools are making offers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

The only lists that actually matter are the lists that the college coaches keep. The recruiting process will tell the player (and the parents) where the player stands in relation to other players in the same graduation year. What schools are making offers?

Just looked at Newsday College Commitment List for 2019. I understand that the list is not 100% accurate but it does give a pretty good sense of where kids are going to play in college.

There are 164 players on the list.

25 - 30 players went to Traditional Top 20 Programs (UNC, BC, Syracuse, UVA, Penn, Princeton, ND, PSU, Florida, Northwestern, JMU, Loyola etc...)

I realize that there are some excellent players who are offered a spot at some Top Programs who choose not to go but for the most part, the Top Recruits choose to go to the Top College Programs.

My guess is, if the coaches at the best college programs are willing to offer a player a spot that player is probably pretty darn good.

If there were so many other high caliber players choosing to go to programs that are not typically Top 20 then we would not see the same 10-15 schools always ranked in the Top 10-20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for high caliber players that were recovering from an injury.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for high caliber players that were recovering from an injury.

Not sure what the point of this post is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIMLF Founders Cup (whatever that is) final rankings for Nassau girls :

1. Garden City
2. Manhasset
3. Cold Spring Harbor
4. Wantagh
5. Massapequa
6. South Side
7. Sacred Heart
8. Syosset
9. Long Beach
10. Lynbrook

Not terrible but CSH likely 4-5 spots too high. What do you guys think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Garden City
2. Manhasset
3. Cold Spring Harbor
4. Wantagh
5. Massapequa
6. South Side
7. Sacred Heart
8. Syosset
9. Long Beach
10. Lynbrook

what is this ? can't have a top 10 lacrosse list without SA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side beat CSH Massapequa and Wantagh twice don’t think they should be that below them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Garden City
2. Manhasset
3. Cold Spring Harbor
4. Wantagh
5. Massapequa
6. South Side
7. Sacred Heart
8. Syosset
9. Long Beach
10. Lynbrook

what is this ? can't have a top 10 lacrosse list without SA

That list is nassau only. They had a seperate list for Suffolk

1. BBP
2. Northport
3 SA
4. West Babylon
5. Smithtown East
6. ESM
7. Mt Sanai
8. Sayville
9. Huntington
10. Comsewogue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside beat Wantagh once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side beat CSH Massapequa and Wantagh twice don’t think they should be that below them?

South side had a great year I'd put them ahead of CSH and Pequa. Wantagh is a tossup IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish SA had been able to play the public schools this year. It would have been great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think there is a list like BOC does for top 50 but some teams already put out who earned all county,conference and division so it must be voted on already by the coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you find the list of players receiving the awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think there is a list like BOC does for top 50 but some teams already put out who earned all county,conference and division so it must be voted on already by the coaches

Unless things have changed it’s not really voted on by the coaches. Teams are awarded X amount of selections based upon where the Team finished the season (the number 1 team gets more Players than the number 2 team etc...). For the most part it’s up to the coach to pick their players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it Listed ? Where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the reply.I was told by an AD friend of mine that the coaches in your conference actually vote.That would be the correct way to award post season honors.A head varsity coach picking his own players doesn’t make much sense.All that does is bring politics and bias into the decision IMO of course.
Anybody else want to weigh in on their thoughts.Is this just lacrosse all all varsity sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear if American Select will be postponed due to the impending bad weather? Looks real bad...hopefully they don’t wait till the last minute

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the reply.I was told by an AD friend of mine that the coaches in your conference actually vote.That would be the correct way to award post season honors.A head varsity coach picking his own players doesn’t make much sense.All that does is bring politics and bias into the decision IMO of course.
Anybody else want to weigh in on their thoughts.Is this just lacrosse all all varsity sports.

Not 100% accurate, it's not a random vote. Each coach has to nominate his/her own players, how many players a team gets is determined by where that team finishes. You will not see a number 5 team with more All-County players than a number 1 team. There has always been some hourse trading as well... and it is definitely a "you vote for my kid and i will vote for your kid between some coaches"... It is also a little bit of everybody gets a trophy, there are always players from the top teams who do not receive any accolades and there are players who are awarded All-County from weaker teams who would not start on a top team.

The coaches and maybe even the AD's do not like parents to know exactly how it works because they do not like to answer the questions from disgruntled parents. It is much easier for the coach to tell the parent "sorry, she didn't get the votes".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is also a little bit of everybody gets a trophy, there are always players from the top teams who do not receive any accolades and there are players who are awarded All-County from weaker teams who would not start on a top team.

Such is life, rise above it, and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is also a little bit of everybody gets a trophy, there are always players from the top teams who do not receive any accolades and there are players who are awarded All-County from weaker teams who would not start on a top team.

Kinda like oh let’s say…. All American. UA selection etc. So the better teams with more “slots” don’t get enough accolades. Geez, that seems kinda backwards. And… I’m sure the all county player on the “weaker” team might outplay the stronger team player. Too many better teams get too many player awards and “weaker all county would start on your “stronger” team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is not moving on? A question was asked and an answer was given. What is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday has released their Girls All Long Island and being consistent with most list they put out, if you are not junior or senior you get screwed. The best statistical player on Long Island got 2nd team. Other underclassman that had great seasons, better than most of the girls listed, were also left off. Nothing new for Newsday though. If you can have a season like that kid and make second team, Newsday will never put an underclassman on the first team. Congrats to those that made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Newsday All-Long Island team. What a complete joke. So many girls with ehh seasons picked, where girls who were better than them on their own teams were overlooked. For gods sake the number one leader in points was put on the second team. Seems they like to pick seniors who are committed despite their mediocre season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday has never been known for in depth research and and reporting. It is an individual award not a who do I play for or am I committed award. I am sure some colleges are reevaluating their commitment decisions after such ok seasons by their commits.
Individual stats and results from a particular season (2021) is all Newsday should be looking at, but we all know that is not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. With that attitude the stats are what matters most? We will see a bunch of ball hogs and selfish playing. We will also see coaches padding stat books and Strategically setting offenses to play towards getting those players more numbers. Running up scores. Keeping players in a game Instead of subbing them out and letting bench players get a few shifts.
Don’t say it doesn’t happen. I saw it happen first hand multiple times this season. Tracking stats in a game Just to see inflated numbers reported in the Newsday the following day. On the flip side- Players that had points in a game having those points reduced or reported incorrectly to their disadvantage. What about The team player … Grinding it out between the 30s, The game changers making the scorers look good. By this mantra they will go u recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday barely gets the weather right, O’Brien is eh as a sports reporter at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday has never been known for in depth research and and reporting. It is an individual award not a who do I play for or am I committed award. I am sure some colleges are reevaluating their commitment decisions after such ok seasons by their commits.
Individual stats and results from a particular season (2021) is all Newsday should be looking at, but we all know that is not true.

Whaaaa! my sophomore wont get her picture in the paper...what are we gonna tell grandma?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whaaaa! my sophomore wont get her picture in the paper...what are we gonna tell grandma?

Grandma knows that a bunch of overhyped seniors got participation trophies. One of the major problems with this sport. Stats don't lie. Enjoy that award that you know your daughter didn't deserve! Trust me grandma has first hand witnessed whats wrong with our society!

Like Reply Quote
Page 171 of 215 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard