BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 164 of 215 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
8th graders on Varsity usually get the spot based on their club play and intense self-promotion from their parents. They tend to be ‘me first’, ‘go to goal’, stat padders. The Parents act like its Club and scream at the refs if anyone dares come near their little meal ticket. Most rush right to the net, even if their team is leading - they have no concept of settling the ball, maybe giving their D a rest before rushing a shot, again. Varsity is a team game and these 8th graders come from a certain club that promotes individual stats regardless of the game situation. We were in a close game and these girls could barely pass and catch around the perimeter - they just want to dodge and score a goal, risking a costly turnover, not kill time and get the win. This speaks to the differences in coaching at a Varsity level (trained educators) vs. Club (summer gig for College kids) - Club is designed to get kids into college by making highlight plays and showcasing individual talent. An 8th grader needs to have the maturity required to play Varsity lacrosse where they shelf their ego and recognize they are part of a team that needs to work together to win. Most 8th graders don’t know the difference and treat Varsity as an extension of their Club, where they are top banana and don’t really see a need to play defense, or ride, or do any of the little things that don’t show up on the scorecard. They just want to collect goals and assists so their parents can justify the decision and their club can promote them on Insta.

Painting with a pretty broad brush. The type of play that you describe is extremely ugly to watch but it exists at all grades. Selfish players can be found at every grade and they can come from every club. Not all HS coaches are created equal, there are some great HS coaches and there are some terrible HS coaches, most are simply average.

Perfectly stated!

So, I guess if we look at the sat leaders, The ones who have more than 2/3 of their points from goals are the ones you're talking about. Looking at the names, seems about right. A deep team who distributes scoring from 4 or more girls and shouldn't even have names on the leader board. On the other hand, this type of behavior is promoted by the media and club coaches. Take coaches like JS constantly tweeting about how many goals his kids score. Many of these girls aspire to play on the senior UA team. Unfortunately, your not getting there without soring or assisting goals as an offensive player. Its a difficult situation, and not a simple as it appears. I always say it's how you play in the big games that define how good you are. When one girl scores most of the goals in a blow out, its pretty disgusting.

Just my thoughts.... not every player who scorers a lot of goals is a selfish player. As for UA Senior Game selection , it is almost exclusively based on club / summer / UA underclass games etc... Parents are the real problem, I remember a post on here where someone said “sometimes you have to be selfish” and then the he referenced Michael Jordan. I would bet my life that the guy’s daughter is not the best player or even close. The girl at Carolina scores a lot of goals but from what I have seen she is not a selfish player. Parents who know nothing about the game or team sports in general can not quantify the value of any aspect of the game except goals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I guess if we look at the sat leaders, The ones who have more than 2/3 of their points from goals are the ones you're talking about. Looking at the names, seems about right. A deep team who distributes scoring from 4 or more girls and shouldn't even have names on the leader board. On the other hand, this type of behavior is promoted by the media and club coaches. Take coaches like JS constantly tweeting about how many goals his kids score. Many of these girls aspire to play on the senior UA team. Unfortunately, your not getting there without soring or assisting goals as an offensive player. Its a difficult situation, and not a simple as it appears. I always say it's how you play in the big games that define how good you are. When one girl scores most of the goals in a blow out, its pretty disgusting.[/quote]

JS is the biggest carnival barker around. All he promotes is his own. Look at how many goals Stony Brook puts up against their weak America East competition, the scores are ridiculous: 20-4 against Lowell, 19-1 vs Hartford, 22-4 vs UNH. It's easy to keep the conference win streak alive when you're playing subpar teams each week. Good Luck against #1 UNC's defense, let's see if they can match their 7 goals scored from their week 1 loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I guess if we look at the sat leaders, The ones who have more than 2/3 of their points from goals are the ones you're talking about. Looking at the names, seems about right. A deep team who distributes scoring from 4 or more girls and shouldn't even have names on the leader board. On the other hand, this type of behavior is promoted by the media and club coaches. Take coaches like JS constantly tweeting about how many goals his kids score. Many of these girls aspire to play on the senior UA team. Unfortunately, your not getting there without soring or assisting goals as an offensive player. Its a difficult situation, and not a simple as it appears. I always say it's how you play in the big games that define how good you are. When one girl scores most of the goals in a blow out, its pretty disgusting.

JS is the biggest carnival barker around. All he promotes is his own. Look at how many goals Stony Brook puts up against their weak America East competition, the scores are ridiculous: 20-4 against Lowell, 19-1 vs Hartford, 22-4 vs UNH. It's easy to keep the conference win streak alive when you're playing subpar teams each week. Good Luck against #1 UNC's defense, let's see if they can match their 7 goals scored from their week 1 loss.[/quote]

Carnival barker 😂😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what world is Northport the 2nd best team in the country? They hardly play any of the other good teams. Are they even in the top 3-4 teams on LI?

They would lose to BBP, Sayville, Mt Sinai, West Babylon, Manhasset, Wantagh would run them off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JS is the biggest carnival barker around. All he promotes is his own. Look at how many goals Stony Brook puts up against their weak America East competition, the scores are ridiculous: 20-4 against Lowell, 19-1 vs Hartford, 22-4 vs UNH. It's easy to keep the conference win streak alive when you're playing subpar teams each week. Good Luck against #1 UNC's defense, let's see if they can match their 7 goals scored from their week 1 loss.[/quote]

UNC has some big ball hogs, especially the LI girl. But I guess at the end of the day, you need to score points to win. I would be interested in the shot percentage as well as the amount of turnovers to assess the quality of the player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your HS age daughter can’t throw and catch, can’t run a mile in under 8:11 (I think that’s the time required by NYS to play HS sports as a MS athlete) or pass the other parts of the Advanced placement test, you shouldn’t be on here whining about lack of playing time or anything else. You should step back. Assess the situation and how can you help support your daughter to be better. That’s it. Be supportive. Ultimately your daughter will decide what type of player she is no matter what you post on here, what travel team she plays on or who she trains with. So again, I say be supportive and encouraging because it’s a great life lesson to take nothing for granted, your entitle to nothing and to work hard for what you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JS is the biggest carnival barker around. All he promotes is his own. Look at how many goals Stony Brook puts up against their weak America East competition, the scores are ridiculous: 20-4 against Lowell, 19-1 vs Hartford, 22-4 vs UNH. It's easy to keep the conference win streak alive when you're playing subpar teams each week. Good Luck against #1 UNC's defense, let's see if they can match their 7 goals scored from their week 1 loss.

UNC has some big ball hogs, especially the LI girl. But I guess at the end of the day, you need to score points to win. I would be interested in the shot percentage as well as the amount of turnovers to assess the quality of the player.[/quote]

Yeah, okay. Time to buy a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what world is Northport the 2nd best team in the country? They hardly play any of the other good teams. Are they even in the top 3-4 teams on LI?

They would lose to BBP, Sayville, Mt Sinai, West Babylon, Manhasset, Wantagh would run them off the field.

So CR has that much pull with US Lacrosse that they blindly rank her team #2 in the country?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So CR has that much pull with US Lacrosse that they blindly rank her team #2 in the country?

There is no powerhouse team from the big schools ( based on attendance ) on LI this year, Nassau or Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll soon find out. They're about to play a finally healthy Smithtown East (UMD commit should be back, along with a starting senior defender and goalie). We'll know more about the "#2 team" in the country after that.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Rose has pull with anything girls lacrosse. She has done an amazing job promoting it and runs a top girls lacrosse travel program. She wins at all levels. Girls playing this weekend are alumni of both her Hs and her travel program. This year she might win in HS but even she would admit it’s a down year for Northport. Lock off the Duke commit and who scores? All the posts on this site about disproportionate point hoarding should start here. Great shooter & goal scorer off a free position but she’s not a great player.

Coach Rose should have no problem acknowledging all the talent in other towns, she has most of them playing in her travel program. So while her Northport team might not win, how many YJ girls will make the UA teams? She still wins. Hence Pull.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget GC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget GC!

Who's the clown that does the rankings for the Northeast then? I'm pretty sure New Canaan, CT isn't better than any of those teams either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Rose has pull with anything girls lacrosse. She has done an amazing job promoting it and runs a top girls lacrosse travel program. She wins at all levels. Girls playing this weekend are alumni of both her Hs and her travel program. This year she might win in HS but even she would admit it’s a down year for Northport. Lock off the Duke commit and who scores? All the posts on this site about disproportionate point hoarding should start here. Great shooter & goal scorer off a free position but she’s not a great player.

Coach Rose should have no problem acknowledging all the talent in other towns, she has most of them playing in her travel program. So while her Northport team might not win, how many YJ girls will make the UA teams? She still wins. Hence Pull.

Lacrosse is very much about who you know and has very little to do with amount of skill and what you know. It’s unfortunate but that’s how it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is very much about who you know and has very little to do with amount of skill and what you know. It’s unfortunate but that’s how it is.

I guess all of those girls at UNC and Northwestern must know people. They certainly couldn’t be there because of their ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, I think all the D1 commits have plenty of skill? It also helps if you play for an organization that promotes itself as being one of the top organizations, and then produces some of the top players in the country. Doing something right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, I think all the D1 commits have plenty of skill? It also helps if you play for an organization that promotes itself as being one of the top organizations, and then produces some of the top players in the country. Doing something right

Not all D1 commits are equal. Big difference between the majority of players who receive offers from Top 10 - 15 type programs and the rest of the D1 field. The reason it always seems to be the same teams in the Top 10 - 15 is because they consistently bring in the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two leader Tewaaraton nominees, Scane and North come from non-hotbeds and did not play for a big name club. Go figure?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In what world is Northport the 2nd best team in the country? They hardly play any of the other good teams. Are they even in the top 3-4 teams on LI?

We'll soon find out. They're about to play a finally healthy Smithtown East (UMD commit should be back, along with a starting senior defender and goalie). We'll know more about the "#2 team" in the country after that.

Northport by 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two leader Tewaaraton nominees, Scane and North come from non-hotbeds and did not play for a big name club. Go figure?

And both were Ranked Inside Lacrosse Top 40 Young Gun Seniors, both were named UA Senior All-American and both were obviously recruited by Top Tier Programs. They must have known a lot of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The players make the club what it is. YJ is the best club because they have the best players not the other way around. All the credit goes to the girls and their hard work. A great player will be recruited no matter what club she plays for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The players make the club what it is. YJ is the best club because they have the best players not the other way around. All the credit goes to the girls and their hard work. A great player will be recruited no matter what club she plays for.

That is correct. The college coaches at the top programs know what they are looking for and for the most part fight it out among themselves for the best players. The Top 10 - 15 college programs are a fairly diverse group of schools: Large State Universities, Top Private Universities including a couple of Ivy’s, Southern Schools, New England, Midwestern, Mid Atlantic, City, Suburban etc... throw in USC and Stanford and the Top recruits pretty much can find the right fit without having to go outside the top programs. It’s not the club, it’s not the HS or club coach, it’s not the parents the neighbor or the uncle. It’s the player and the college coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct. The college coaches at the top programs know what they are looking for and for the most part fight it out among themselves for the best players. The Top 10 - 15 college programs are a fairly diverse group of schools: Large State Universities, Top Private Universities including a couple of Ivy’s, Southern Schools, New England, Midwestern, Mid Atlantic, City, Suburban etc... throw in USC and Stanford and the Top recruits pretty much can find the right fit without having to go outside the top programs. It’s not the club, it’s not the HS or club coach, it’s not the parents the neighbor or the uncle. It’s the player and the college coach.

I think the The club is a huge factor! Early on, the player needs to be on a club that offers good training and dedicated coaching to get the skills and IQ necessary to become a great player! Need more than PAL parent coaching. Some of them are great, but others not really trained at teaching the game. Know some girls who stayed on a club that was terrible with training and did not have team dedicated coaching. Those girls ended up being way behind in skills and IQ when they got to MS to play. Kind of late to be playing catch up. The other clubs kids were well trained and coached. So, clubs do play a big role in becoming a great player that the top colleges will look at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the The club is a huge factor! Early on, the player needs to be on a club that offers good training and dedicated coaching to get the skills and IQ necessary to become a great player! Need more than PAL parent coaching. Some of them are great, but others not really trained at teaching the game. Know some girls who stayed on a club that was terrible with training and did not have team dedicated coaching. Those girls ended up being way behind in skills and IQ when they got to MS to play. Kind of late to be playing catch up. The other clubs kids were well trained and coached. So, clubs do play a big role in becoming a great player that the top colleges will look at.

I think you are missing the point. The top clubs select the best athletes / players for their top teams much the same way the top college coaches make offers to the top players. Nobody is saying that you don’t have to play club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the NYS regional event is a recruiting event? Do college coach’s attend it? Did college coach’s attend empire games, when they were doing them? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny that you mention this because you must take into account roster and school size. Center Moriches has a total of 8 girls committed to college so far out of their small roster of about 17. Obviously with a small roster girls will be on the field more, bringing their stats up versus someone at a bigger school, with a more well known program who would have to fight for a spot on the field. the reason CM dominates all of the charts is because of the dedication of all of the girls up and down the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny that you mention this because you must take into account roster and school size. Center Moriches has a total of 8 girls committed to college so far out of their small roster of about 17. Obviously with a small roster girls will be on the field more, bringing their stats up versus someone at a bigger school, with a more well known program who would have to fight for a spot on the field. the reason CM dominates all of the charts is because of the dedication of all of the girls up and down the field

But they lose to any mediocre team, so what do the stats even mean?🤷‍♀️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the Boys HS thread. Could easily be speaking to the Girls Parents too - the few are ruining it for the many:

Halfway through the season and Parent chirping is at an all time high. Every week games are being stopped and Parents are being escorted out. Please let the players play, coaches coach, and refs ref. The only impact your screaming has is to embarrass yourself, your kid, and your program. No ref ever picked up a flag because Joe Shmoe (who cant even run 10 yards without a coronary but somehow knows more about the game than the Creator) screams about a foul they thought they saw from 40 yards away. I’m sure, if asked, the kids would rather play without the parents watching. Parents, please stay classy - no need to have an aneurysm when things don't go the way you thought they should - chill the ‘F’ out, for your kid’s sake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But they lose to any mediocre team, so what do the stats even mean?🤷‍♀️

True. If CM played any competitive team, The "Chart dominators" would be shut down real quick. You need to relax. Let me know about the stats after you play SWR, the only somewhat competitive team on your schedule.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like top 4 or 5 Suffolk point leaders all have same game multiple times adding to total points. I hope that gets corrected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when CM is #1 in their league, and have only lost to teams ranked much higher (Rocky Point, Sayville, Comsewogue, and West Islip) .... your point is what exactly? When CM wins LIC's then talk to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the Boys HS thread. Could easily be speaking to the Girls Parents too - the few are ruining it for the many:

Halfway through the season and Parent chirping is at an all time high. Every week games are being stopped and Parents are being escorted out. Please let the players play, coaches coach, and refs ref. The only impact your screaming has is to embarrass yourself, your kid, and your program. No ref ever picked up a flag because Joe Shmoe (who cant even run 10 yards without a coronary but somehow knows more about the game than the Creator) screams about a foul they thought they saw from 40 yards away. I’m sure, if asked, the kids would rather play without the parents watching. Parents, please stay classy - no need to have an aneurysm when things don't go the way you thought they should - chill the ‘F’ out, for your kid’s sake.

This year the reffing quality is at an all time low, likely leading to frustration on all ends (players, parents coaches and refs). When the refs start to lose control the girls get frustrated and start taking shots at each other. With Covid and the condensed season (frequent games) the ref numbers are spread thin, causing many new and JV refs (with little experience) to be brought up to ref important games that are usually assigned to the more experienced refs. The speed on the game overwhelms the less experienced ref. and they lose control or the game. Also I have witnessed many of these inexperienced refs being overly sensitive to moans and groans that veteran refs ignore (not referring to the outright comments because those are unnecessary, but the moans ("What" and "Awe" and "Man') the crowds make when a questionable call is made) , and getting the refs are getting flustered very easily and their inexperience shows even more. The parents who outright say stuff need to stop, and the refs need to grow a thicker skin as well. You never see the Maureen (Blonde ref) lose her cool or allow spectators get her flustered. Others need to follow her lead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CM is in a league with three other schools (Mattituck, Babylon and Port Jeff) congratulations on 1st place! I bet that was a lot of hard work! Do you even have a .500 record? Do any of those teams? Not trying to take anything away from anyone but you only have to win one game to get to the LIC... counties! Very different for every other classification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CM is in a league with three other schools (Mattituck, Babylon and Port Jeff) congratulations on 1st place! I bet that was a lot of hard work! Do you even have a .500 record? Do any of those teams? Not trying to take anything away from anyone but you only have to win one game to get to the LIC... counties! Very different for every other classification.
If your not taking anything away from them, why would you write the comment "i bet that was a lot of work". It has been a very competitive year throughout Division 2, congrats to all the girls on all teams for getting their season in, that in itself is a win, given the level of restrictions placed on our athletes all year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when CM is #1 in their league, and have only lost to teams ranked much higher (Rocky Point, Sayville, Comsewogue, and West Islip) .... your point is what exactly? When CM wins LIC's then talk to me

Hahahaha...would be blown out by pretty much every other team on LI. Enjoy living in your bubble, but don't pretend to be something that your not. Your in the PAL B division, your "stats" are meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year the reffing quality is at an all time low, likely leading to frustration on all ends (players, parents coaches and refs). When the refs start to lose control the girls get frustrated and start taking shots at each other. With Covid and the condensed season (frequent games) the ref numbers are spread thin, causing many new and JV refs (with little experience) to be brought up to ref important games that are usually assigned to the more experienced refs. The speed on the game overwhelms the less experienced ref. and they lose control or the game. Also I have witnessed many of these inexperienced refs being overly sensitive to moans and groans that veteran refs ignore (not referring to the outright comments because those are unnecessary, but the moans ("What" and "Awe" and "Man') the crowds make when a questionable call is made) , and getting the refs are getting flustered very easily and their inexperience shows even more. The parents who outright say stuff need to stop, and the refs need to grow a thicker skin as well. You never see the Maureen (Blonde ref) lose her cool or allow spectators get her flustered. Others need to follow her lead.

Flopping and goggle dropping at an all time high! But keep missing hits to the head!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like top 4 or 5 Suffolk point leaders all have same game multiple times adding to total points. I hope that gets corrected.

West Babylon posted 14 assists as a team but only scored 13 points. They also have Mattituck listed as playing them twice. Padding stats?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is pretending to be something that they are not? Acknowledge the fact that CM lacrosse is a different team and program than it was years ago, the level of talent increased, and so did their level of competition. There are different divisions for a reason. Respect that and respect the players hard work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not have to win just one game. They like every other team in every other division need to beat the teams in their league and alongside doing that need to win other games for power point ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so glad you have the time to worry about correctly identifying and looking up who is in CM's league! No one can take away the fact that they are number one and have stood their ground this entire season

Like Reply Quote
Page 164 of 215 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard