BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,616
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 69 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just looked at the teams for the NYLA, yes the Turtles are entered, however they are going to be playing some tough older teams. I saw the Turtles play this past fall in the Skull and Bones and they had a hard time against older more physical teams. Yes they have a couple of exceptional individuals, however I think their success has been a function of the team playing together for many years. They know their plays cold that is for sure. I think they are making a big mistake by playing up in this tournament. They would be better off staying in their 2017 and dominating that for recruiting purposes.

College coaches don't keep score at recruiting tournaments, they could care less. They are watching things you aren't!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the teams for the NYLA, yes the Turtles are entered, however they are going to be playing some tough older teams. I saw the Turtles play this past fall in the Skull and Bones and they had a hard time against older more physical teams. Yes they have a couple of exceptional individuals, however I think their success has been a function of the team playing together for many years. They know their plays cold that is for sure. I think they are making a big mistake by playing up in this tournament. They would be better off staying in their 2017 and dominating that for recruiting purposes.

College coaches don't keep score at recruiting tournaments, they could care less. They are watching things you aren't!!

Like what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Terps and Black Terps are all real ballers and could play on any LI club team. As a parent, many a message has come my way inviting my son to play elsewhere. Why? There is some notion floating around about agendas and disenfranchised players and parents. What most people don't get is that the kids don't remember whether they won or lost by Wednesday of the following week. What they do care about is how they are treated, are they becoming better players and is the experience fun for them? The Terps and Black Terps are respected by each other, treated equally by their GREAT coaches, have big fun on and off the field and are all becoming better players. This set up also prepares the boys for the future. Do you think when your son gets recruited by Duke he will not have to fight for a spot daily? Think again. Will you call Danowski and whine and cry foul? How will your kid handle it? Transfer or gut it out and show character? Will he prioritize playing over love of the game, commradery and oh forgot the fact that he is getting one of the best educations on earth? Well, Express is preparing my kid for all of the above and I hope you hold your club to the same standard.

Seriously? There is "respect", "Commradery", "Equal treatment" among the Terps/Terps Black? Have you been reading the posts back of forth from the parents? Your son may be a great lacrosse player in the end of all of this but please dont tell us what Express has done with this team has anything to do with their high "Standards".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is a team that can play with anyone if they stay away from undesicipled penalties - they will see the crabs at least 2x ... Will be interesting....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are crazy. who cares about any of this? I hope that this is not an indication of what i have to look forward to when my son is in the 8th grade.

Why do you care who plays for what team? players move from team to team for different games and tournaments all the time. It is done at all ages at many different programs. Sometimes kids play for different teams within the same club/town and sometimes they play for a different club/town. There are times when a team is created just for a single game or tournament. Why do you people have such hatred for the express "terps/terps black". if your kid plays for one of the teams and you do not like what they do go find a different team. If you do not play for the express why do you care what they do?

Kids play for multiple teams. Kids play on town teams when they do not live in the town. kids play for multiple clubs. Kids play for town teams and club teams.

This is done all the time at all different ages with boys and girls. This in not just going on with 2017 terps.

Express, 91, HDD, Threshers, fl$, West Islip, Ward Meelville/three villiage, CSH, Syosset etc.. I have seen it done by all of them and more.

Ringers are brought in to play and to help teams win.

Stop complaining about one group.

well said.

Really? Well said? This is now just acceptable? It has NEVER happened on any one of my sons teams through the years (Town or Travel) & I would never have my son stay on a team where it has become common place &/or acceptable! Adults coming on here justifying it is disgraceful!

I was not justifying it, i was pointing out that it is done all the time by many teams, towns and clubs. I do not understand why some on here choose to hate one team and constantly attack that team.

If you do not like what a club, town or team does than don't play for them. If you are not affiliated with them then why care about how they do things.

"You people are crazy" was my point, not that the behavior was acceptable.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Terps and Black Terps are all real ballers and could play on any LI club team. As a parent, many a message has come my way inviting my son to play elsewhere. Why? There is some notion floating around about agendas and disenfranchised players and parents. What most people don't get is that the kids don't remember whether they won or lost by Wednesday of the following week. What they do care about is how they are treated, are they becoming better players and is the experience fun for them? The Terps and Black Terps are respected by each other, treated equally by their GREAT coaches, have big fun on and off the field and are all becoming better players. This set up also prepares the boys for the future. Do you think when your son gets recruited by Duke he will not have to fight for a spot daily? Think again. Will you call Danowski and whine and cry foul? How will your kid handle it? Transfer or gut it out and show character? Will he prioritize playing over love of the game, commradery and oh forgot the fact that he is getting one of the best educations on earth? Well, Express is preparing my kid for all of the above and I hope you hold your club to the same standard.

Seriously? There is "respect", "Commradery", "Equal treatment" among the Terps/Terps Black? Have you been reading the posts back of forth from the parents? Your son may be a great lacrosse player in the end of all of this but please dont tell us what Express has done with this team has anything to do with their high "Standards".

YOU have obviously not read the past posts. I couldn't find one from a black parent that was dissatisfied with their son's situation. So I am in total agreement with the previous poster. My son is on that team to learn and become the best player he can be which happens to have some great coaches. And make no mistake, he is competing for his spot every single time he takes the field. Perhaps not an atmosphere meant for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches recruit by graduation year, that is why it better to stay in your own year and not play up in a club setting. There is maybe one kid on Turtles who will be an early recruit. The rest are certainly good , but certainly haven't proven their ability against the better Long Island kids in a showcase type setting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I doubt they will be watching 8th graders play!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age of the boys in a Maryland 11/12 or Tykers division is exactly the same as the US Lacrosse U13 division. Boys born on or after Septenber 1, 1999. This would be the appropriate division for most LI 6th and 7th graders and the younger 8th. If they had played up in Maryland 13/14 (US Lacrosse U15)they would have been playing against kids that could be 2-2.5 years older than a typical LI 7th grader. The Terps played in the bracket where they belonged.
TLI Doesn't play that level they play up They play rising Freshmen. Team 91 Orange just played in Maryland and Won a 11/12A division and they have 13 yr old players anything they can do to puta a championship on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care who plays for what team? players move from team to team for different games and tournaments all the time. It is done at all ages at many different programs. Sometimes kids play for different teams within the same club/town and sometimes they play for a different club/town. There are times when a team is created just for a single game or tournament. Why do you people have such hatred for the express "terps/terps black". if your kid plays for one of the teams and you do not like what they do go find a different team. If you do not play for the express why do you care what they do?

Kids play for multiple teams. Kids play on town teams when they do not live in the town. kids play for multiple clubs. Kids play for town teams and club teams.

This is done all the time at all different ages with boys and girls. This in not just going on with 2017 terps.

Express, 91, HDD, Threshers, fl$, West Islip, Ward Meelville/three villiage, CSH, Syosset etc.. I have seen it done by all of them and more.

[/quote]

well said. [/quote]

Really? Well said? This is now just acceptable? It has NEVER happened on any one of my sons teams through the years (Town or Travel) & I would never have my son stay on a team where it has become common place &/or acceptable! Adults coming on here justifying it is disgraceful! [/quote]

I was not justifying it, i was pointing out that it is done all the time by many teams, towns and clubs. I do not understand why some on here choose to hate one team and constantly attack that team.

If you do not like what a club, town or team does than don't play for them. If you are not affiliated with them then why care about how they do things.

"You people are crazy" was my point, not that the behavior was acceptable. [/quote]

It becomes an issue when Express parents say "You didn't beat Terps Black, the othere Terps are not as good so no big deal" and "they are completely separat teams" which they obiously are not. It is a great way for Express faithful when they win to say it was Terps Black and when they lose to say it was the Regular Terps despite the boys with Terps Black helmets on the field with Regular Terps.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meant to say 91 played in appropriate bracket
The age of the boys in a Maryland 11/12 or Tykers division is exactly the same as the US Lacrosse U13 division. Boys born on or after Septenber 1, 1999. This would be the appropriate division for most LI 6th and 7th graders and the younger 8th. If they had played up in Maryland 13/14 (US Lacrosse U15)they would have been playing against kids that could be 2-2.5 years older than a typical LI 7th grader. The Terps played in the bracket where they belonged.
TLI Doesn't play that level they play up They play rising Freshmen. Team 91 Orange just played in Maryland and Won a 11/12A division and they have 13 yr old players anything they can do to puta a championship on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the Turtles are enrolled for the experience of a showcase setting rather than hoping for looks. Its obvious by threads like this that bring attention to teams like the turtles, 91, fl$, Crabs, Breakers and express that have a college coaches attention. When these teams play, scouts show up...you never know who's looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder where we would have finished if youth lacrosse was included in this study?

Study by Harvard sociologist says youth hockey parents are the craziest

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I wonder where we would have finished if youth lacrosse was included in this study?

Were you aware that we are currently developing another site for the youth sports market : Back of THE RINK, www.backoftherink.com ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, that ought to be good... I'm sure the Hockey Parents are a stable bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said. [/quote]

Really? Well said? This is now just acceptable? It has NEVER happened on any one of my sons teams through the years (Town or Travel) & I would never have my son stay on a team where it has become common place &/or acceptable! Adults coming on here justifying it is disgraceful! [/quote]

"You people are crazy" was my point, not that the behavior was acceptable. [/quote]

It becomes an issue when Express parents say "You didn't beat Terps Black, the othere Terps are not as good so no big deal" and "they are completely separat teams" which they obiously are not. It is a great way for Express faithful when they win to say it was Terps Black and when they lose to say it was the Regular Terps despite the boys with Terps Black helmets on the field with Regular Terps. [/quote]

I will say it again, "you people are crazy" it is only an issue in your mind. Who cares what the Parents say. It is not an issue unless you make it one. Should the Express go by a different name when they mix teams? I have seen other clubs enter a team under a different name if the are missing some of their key players. I can only assume they do it because they do not want the crazy parents to be upset if their team does not win.

Our team plays with who is available on game day. We have lost games while missing several key players but we do not change our name nor do we bring in players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong about that. Not saying you will see a significant # of commitments from rising freshman over the next 12 months, but there will be a few. More importantly, coaches are already trying to figure out who they should focus on over the next year or two, and they start now. Guarantee there will be coaches at the Jake Reed rising freshmen camp, in fact several schools have already invited a number of these kids to "Top Prospect Camps" so they can see them up close and person. Again, not saying it will result in offers yet, but the process is definitely beginning for the rising freshmen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all subjective. Hockey parents may be "crazier" due to the more physical nature of the sport. Who knows for sure? One thing is certain, "crazy" parenting is a cultural phenomenon of the time we live in and not related to any specific activity. Just ask any educator, dance teacher, etc., etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all subjective. Hockey parents may be "crazier" due to the more physical nature of the sport. Who knows for sure? One thing is certain, "crazy" parenting is a cultural phenomenon of the time we live in and not related to any specific activity. Just ask any educator, dance teacher, etc., etc.

Damn, I'm screwed then as a lax and hockey parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the Turtles are enrolled for the experience of a showcase setting rather than hoping for looks. Its obvious by threads like this that bring attention to teams like the turtles, 91, fl$, Crabs, Breakers and express that have a college coaches attention. When these teams play, scouts show up...you never know who's looking.

The Turtles are going to NYLA not just to get experience but to win and hopefully embarass a few older teams. If they can do that, it will surely put many of those boys on the "recruiting board". And I bet the turtles will have the biggest crowds of any games just because of the curiosity factor from coaches and parents. The buzz about the Turtles will be deafening by game time tomorrow. If you haven't seen them play and you'll be at NYLA, stop by and be amazed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The Turtles are going to NYLA not just to get experience but to win and hopefully embarass a few older teams. If they can do that, it will surely put many of those boys on the "recruiting board". And I bet the turtles will have the biggest crowds of any games just because of the curiosity factor from coaches and parents. The buzz about the Turtles will be deafening by game time tomorrow. If you haven't seen them play and you'll be at NYLA, stop by and be amazed.
BOTC would like to offer a thought on this post. Perhaps we are taking the words too literally, but heading into summer tournament months, some words of advice.

The very best youth teams - lacrosse, soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, football - are noteworthy for their skills, their work ethic, and the teamwork.

These three combine to create winning records, great competitive moments, and occasionally championships.

These three further combine to open doors to opportunities both at the scholastic and collegiate levels.

Recruiting opportunities come after all of these other elements from bottom to top are in place.

Truly great teams never compete to embarrass an opponent. Truly great teams are not playing for the audience attracted, but for themselves and their teammates. Truly great teams push themselves from inside the organization, not from an external stimulus.

Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood all of the hate for the Tenacious Turtles on this site. If you watch them play it's a very good brand of lax. The ball rarely hits the floor and when it does they almost always come up with the ground ball. I've had my 2017 son watch there games a few times to see the level of play that he is striving to get to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop already. Great TEAM. No denying it. The best 2017 team. But you all sound pathetic as if every one of the Turtle players have the only 20 or so Division 1 spots and that it is over for everyone else. That is just ridiculous. There are plenty of players as good they are just not all on the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never understood all of the hate for the Tenacious Turtles on this site. If you watch them play it's a very good brand of lax. The ball rarely hits the floor and when it does they almost always come up with the ground ball. I've had my 2017 son watch there games a few times to see the level of play that he is striving to get to.

Smart dad. Not hate, admiration. #chosenones

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, the Turtles came down to Baltimore last summer and brought a great brand of lacrosse. They run a first class program that most clubs strive to emulate. I look forward to seeing them play again this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Admiration...and respect. Can somebody from the Turtles confirm (or not) that the team will be playing in the U15 tournament in Florida? There seems to be some buzz about that as well but not sure if its legit. Thx.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think maybe all you guys will still get recruited next year or even commit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think maybe all you guys will still get recruited next year or even commit?

Definately not because they'll all be committed after NYLA this weekend. There'll also be a turtles tent where they'll be signing autographed pictures...to give to the college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Definately not because they'll all be committed after NYLA this weekend. There'll also be a turtles tent where they'll be signing autographed pictures...to give to the college coaches.
Although humorous, can we please put a pin in this discussion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Admiration...and respect. Can somebody from the Turtles confirm (or not) that the team will be playing in the U15 tournament in Florida? There seems to be some buzz about that as well but not sure if its legit. Thx.

#chosenones confirmed for U15 Championship tourney in Florida - gonna shock the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#chosenones confirmed for U15 Championship tourney in Florida - gonna shock the world.

Now this is funny. There will be a lot of great teams in Florida. The turtles playing ability is fun to watch but they can't play with the top 2016 teams. Look at there schedule this weekend they are all b teams. The parents and coaches also make it easy for everyone to dislike this team. In Florida your coach will have to play all your games and the barracudas will be waiting for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, are you kidding? where is the request for a pin concerning the Terps/Terps diatribe?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Really, are you kidding? where is the request for a pin concerning the Terps/Terps diatribe?
The difference is that we have already removed posts naming specific players from our hard shelled friends. The conversation was going down a negative path; hence, BOTC jumped into the discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took a stab at rating the top 10 LI lax teams for 2017. Remember you have to play each other and win to truly know who is better. No excuses! Open for discussion. This should be fun.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. Garden City 17
8. Jesters Black.
9. Terps.
10. fl$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took a stab at rating the top 10 LI lax teams for 2017. Remember you have to play each other and win to truly know who is better. No excuses! Open for discussion. This should be fun.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. Garden City 17
8. Jesters Black.
9. Terps.
10. fl$

About as fair and accurate a list as Ive seen. My sons team is probably exactly where it should be. Only issue I have is that the Gladiators beat Terps Black in the OBLL so those two should switch positions.

Jesters Black and Outlaws have played twice and tied twice so that's a wash.

Nice job, hopefully everyone will be as fair an honest in their replies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this is funny. There will be a lot of great teams in Florida. The turtles playing ability is fun to watch but they can't play with the top 2016 teams. Look at there schedule this weekend they are all b teams. The parents and coaches also make it easy for everyone to dislike this team. In Florida your coach will have to play all your games and the barracudas will be waiting for you

The Barracudas won't be waiting for anybody because they'll be out by the time the Turtles can get to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody see how the Turtles did today? I heard they lost their first game by a goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Barracudas won't be waiting for anybody because they'll be out by the time the Turtles can get to them.

Pretty arrogant from a team who can't beat them. Learn to beat the b teams first before you throw your hats in the ring with the big boys. You ran your mouth about good teams that will play down in Florida but you lose to a good b division team. The counseling sessions for the parents must have hit 50,000.00 today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason why everyone hates on the baby
Turtles is cause their parents use terms like
Chosen ones . Are you kidding me? This might
Be the best they ever get in lacrosse. Seen plenty
Of 8th graders who were good but never turned
Out to be anything once they hit 11th. Their
Parents make it tough to like them. Keep ducking
The completion and calling yourselves the best.
Baby turtles!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's scary how everyone treats the comments on this board as scripture. people are on here stirring it up any you are all falling for it. All the kids are just trying to get better, nothing more nothing less.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 69 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard