Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
New Camps Just Posted! | S2S Tryouts | LI Showcase 20 Days Away!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 08:22 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 08:12 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 07:15 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:53 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/17/21 06:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,370
Posts291,572
Members2,289
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 94 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 93 94
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326203 04/08/21 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tru Who? They were one of the smart ones that didnt get fleeced

You do realize that the cost for entering a team into the WSYL is no more money than some regular tournaments?

No, it's an additional expense. Please don't tell me your club isn't making you pay for the extra round or are you just chiming in. Our club didn't figure advancement into the regular tuition so now parents are asked to go into their pockets, again. Add in hotel, meals, travel and you're looking at an very expensive tournament Wednesday to Sunday. Isn't that how you'd prefer to spend your 4th of July? After all, 14 year old lacrosse is LIFE.

1- it is not an additional cost for my sons team. It’s pathetic that your program is making you do that.
2- every travel tournament I pay for food, hotel and travel. It’s what is expected when you sign your child up for travel lacrosse.
3- I didn’t say that’s how I want to spend my 4th of July weekend but my sons team is playing so I will enjoy the weekend watching.
You sound like an angry parent who’s son is not very good at the sport.

My bet is this guys kid is actually pretty good at it but the father is angry that he stunk and as a result he is holding the kid back because he is bitter and worst of all, cheap.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #326204 04/08/21 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that the cost for entering a team into the WSYL is no more money than some regular tournaments?

No, it's an additional expense. Please don't tell me your club isn't making you pay for the extra round or are you just chiming in. Our club didn't figure advancement into the regular tuition so now parents are asked to go into their pockets, again. Add in hotel, meals, travel and you're looking at an very expensive tournament Wednesday to Sunday. Isn't that how you'd prefer to spend your 4th of July? After all, 14 year old lacrosse is LIFE.

1- it is not an additional cost for my sons team. It’s pathetic that your program is making you do that.
2- every travel tournament I pay for food, hotel and travel. It’s what is expected when you sign your child up for travel lacrosse.
3- I didn’t say that’s how I want to spend my 4th of July weekend but my sons team is playing so I will enjoy the weekend watching.

Why would you bring up his son? You are a fool.

Last edited by JesLax1; 04/08/21 08:37 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326205 04/08/21 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bet is this guys kid is actually pretty good at it but the father is angry that he stunk and as a result he is holding the kid back because he is bitter and worst of all, cheap.

You cannot call anyone who pays for travel lacrosse cheap. If the rest of the country knew what we pay for the "privilege's" of travel lacrosse they would have us committed for insanity. Lacrosse is an elitist sport and cost big money just to participate. Our team didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Although I was a little disappointed, as was my son, it's over and done with. The real commentary is the extraordinary expense of time and money just for participation in youth lacrosse. Club owners and tournaments laughing all the way to the bank.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326228 04/08/21 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you bring up his son? You are a fool.

You must be this guys brother. Also pathetic. Acting as if someones name was mentioned here. You must've got picked on as a child.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326240 04/08/21 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Laxaholics are brainwashed

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326258 04/08/21 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard WSYL is an extra $800. Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326266 04/08/21 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is just to sign up after qualifying...All in....its probably 1x that amt

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326269 04/08/21 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$325

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326270 04/08/21 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's $325 as posted on their website.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326309 04/09/21 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot call anyone who pays for travel lacrosse cheap. If the rest of the country knew what we pay for the "privilege's" of travel lacrosse they would have us committed for insanity. Lacrosse is an elitist sport and cost big money just to participate. Our team didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Although I was a little disappointed, as was my son, it's over and done with. The real commentary is the extraordinary expense of time and money just for participation in youth lacrosse. Club owners and tournaments laughing all the way to the bank.

Cheap

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326320 04/09/21 08:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As suspected, this board has gone quiet after the WSYL "Qualifier"... The teams that made it are content, the teams that didnt have gone into hibernation....Typical

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326356 04/09/21 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As suspected, this board has gone quiet after the WSYL "Qualifier"... The teams that made it are content, the teams that didnt have gone into hibernation....Typical

Its been a minute....and spring break....chillax. People will be hating on 91 again soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326360 04/09/21 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST POST IN A WHILE That was funny. And true

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326470 04/11/21 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early on observation is that Team 91 is the team to beat in the Elite division. Next Level is probably the team that will give them a good game based on their size.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326514 04/12/21 06:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST POST IN A WHILE That was funny. And true

Most clubs have gone into hibernation. Our club hasn't practiced in over two weeks. So much time and energy spent on the qualifier now with two weeks off it will take twice that to get back in shape.

Clubs are already starting to advertise tryouts in early July while most will still be playing tournaments. How much movement should there be on teams when all these kids are going into HS. At this point all they are is showcasing individual talents. Am I the only one that is disappointed that players still have to pay to tryout for teams they already play for?

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 94 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 93 94
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard