BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 53 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could we just leave igloo and 91 alone. give credit where credit is due. these teams take a beating on this site and they deserve their time in the sun. no one thought 91 would do as well as they did. i say good for them and continue to surprise people

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The most amusing part of this is that now Igloo knows they have no shot. Will they even show up?

My bet is AA takes them out of the event. Maybe he will be the smart one of the bunch. They’ll quit, no question about it.
Why would they go? There is no enforcement of the so called rules, it's a made up Championship event, it wasn't even supposed to be for u14, more out of pocket expenses to sit in the sweltering heat in DC of all places. No thanks. The smart move is NOT to go. Maybe a relaxing tournament upstate or CT or end the season on time like normal people, go on a real vacation. Some of these clubs have their kids playing into late July and already have tryouts scheduled. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The director should decline but it is supposedly a good recruiting hammerhead. And could you imagine the reaction of some of the screwball parents? But the prior guy is right: Make no mistake about it, Forcegloo will quit. Always have. Shut down that 1 kid and their Offense is non existent. I cant believe the PAL teams they just played didnt figure that out. The world needs Crash test dummies tho and so do these tournaments. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some dudes on here have some serious issues!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LAX IS LIFE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. Your just realizing that now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping this board goes quiet now that the WSYL Pecking order has been established. After tis weekend there should be no debates about who the best LI team is, who is just behind them, who the middle of the road teams are and which clubs have a ways to go. In the end, teams from the East will have their way with the teams from the North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are top teams in east?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish all the teams luck and here is a big tip for all you Tee shirt chasing parents . This all means absolutely nothing ask any freshman in college if the remember scores on travel teams the answer is no . Just focus on your son enjoying the game and getting better and if he is able to play in college then you are blessed.... Let that set in

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"In the hope of one day making it." Making what, exactly? Your son went pro after this weekend and got a paycheck? He got a full ride to Yale? Oh I forgot, neither of those exist. You paid the same amount I did and you got a couple more wins. BFD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it don't matter because they can't beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

GI was actually surprisingly a very gritty team. Took 1 or 2 goal losses to Eclipse, Primetime, Rebels. Then Beat up on Legacy and Shore 2 Shore. Like if they are in that top bracket would have an easy path to championship bracket.
Rebels, Legacy and Shore 2 Shore had no business being there, regardless of what their records wound up being. No meaningful wins and clearly miles behind the top tier teams. They are not doing their brand any favors by getting in tournaments over their head.

Someone needs a hug

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GI was one of the worst there. There were a few really bad clubs. There were about 6 teams that were exceptionally bad that ended up beating on each other during a meaningless day 2.. Bottom line: Any of the lower echelon teams could have had "easier" schedule but it don't matter because they can't beat the better teams like 91, Exp, etc, etc

GI was actually surprisingly a very gritty team. Took 1 or 2 goal losses to Eclipse, Primetime, Rebels. Then Beat up on Legacy and Shore 2 Shore. Like if they are in that top bracket would have an easy path to championship bracket.
Rebels, Legacy and Shore 2 Shore had no business being there, regardless of what their records wound up being. No meaningful wins and clearly miles behind the top tier teams. They are not doing their brand any favors by getting in tournaments over their head.

Someone needs a hug
More like our owner needs to stop putting us into top level tournaments when we are not able to be competitive. Give up an entire weekend, spend a fortune on shabby hotels and food only to get manhandled by good teams. If anyone speaks up and asks for a reality check your kid will be watching from the bench. Some program.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone needs a hug
More like our owner needs to stop putting us into top level tournaments when we are not able to be competitive. Give up an entire weekend, spend a fortune on shabby hotels and food only to get manhandled by good teams. If anyone speaks up and asks for a reality check your kid will be watching from the bench. Some program.

Define "competitive" please. Everyone had the same experience you did, Captain America. You paid the same as I did, you stayed in the same shabby hotels, you paid the same $14 for the chicken quesadilla, and if your son didn't get "manhandled" this weekend, he will at some point in his life. If I wasted my weekend, so did you. And if your response is "well at least my son more games than yours did" you should stop whatever it is your doing (which is probably nothing), look at yourself in the mirror, and ask where it is you went wrong in your life that you validate yourself on your 14 year old's exploits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone needs a hug

Define "competitive" please. Everyone had the same experience you did, Captain America. You paid the same as I did, you stayed in the same shabby hotels, you paid the same $14 for the chicken quesadilla, and if your son didn't get "manhandled" this weekend, he will at some point in his life. If I wasted my weekend, so did you. And if your response is "well at least my son more games than yours did" you should stop whatever it is your doing (which is probably nothing), look at yourself in the mirror, and ask where it is you went wrong in your life that you validate yourself on your 14 year old's exploits.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but the original poster is clearly frustrated by their teams lack of competitiveness and inclusion in the qualifier. I sympathize with them. Our team had no shot at advancing yet we attended for the "experience". It costs a lot of money to attend. Without a real tier system you had top talent teams playing non competitive teams day 1. Day 2 separated the talent slightly but how was CoachC not on the opposite side of the bracket of 91. Both are the top teams in this class. The seeding should of had them meet in the finals unless an upset occurred. That is how seeding works. One of the teams in the finals clearly didn't belong there. The lack of oversight in lacrosse is unbelievable. Why is there no tiered system like other youth sports (hockey, soccer). It doesn't make either program better to play teams well out of talent level in either direction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you feed the lax sheep, they will come" baaaaaahhh baaaaahhhh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what point you are trying to make but the original poster is clearly frustrated by their teams lack of competitiveness and inclusion in the qualifier. I sympathize with them. Our team had no shot at advancing yet we attended for the "experience". It costs a lot of money to attend. Without a real tier system you had top talent teams playing non competitive teams day 1. Day 2 separated the talent slightly but how was CoachC not on the opposite side of the bracket of 91. Both are the top teams in this class. The seeding should of had them meet in the finals unless an upset occurred. That is how seeding works. One of the teams in the finals clearly didn't belong there. The lack of oversight in lacrosse is unbelievable. Why is there no tiered system like other youth sports (hockey, soccer). It doesn't make either program better to play teams well out of talent level in either direction.

CoachC had the easiest schedule of any team - they didn’t make it to the championship game because they allowed too many goals in the first day and ranked below Igloo at the end of the day. That’s squarely on them and not the fault of the tournament. They ended up with the #2 seed in their bracket because of how they played the first day, which meant they had to play with #1 seed from the opposite bracket in the semifinals.

I can understand some mid-level teams may complain that they had harder schedules than some other mid-level teams, that’s going to happen at that level, but CoachC cannot complain. They were set up for a cakewalk and should have met 91 in the finals, but seeding can’t guarantee who meets who in the finals - that’s up to how the teams actually play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The brackets were set up so that CoachC and 91 would meet in the finals. CoachC didn't finish first in their group, Igloo did based on Goals Against. So essentially CoachC blew it by not finishing first in their group, this is why they faced 91 in the semi's. And who cares, CoachC ended up playing 91 and lost. Then Igloo played them to a closer game than CoachC, seems like a win/win for everyone involved (except those that lost). Surprised how many haters actually come on here an post. I would bet over 75% of the parents realize that most of these tournaments are money grabs. We're going to spend the money one way or another and our kids (and parents) actually enjoy the experience and being able to watch our kids compete. The "sane" ones have a good idea of where their kid and teams talent level stands and look forward to seeing how they do against some of these "top" programs. Good luck to all those going to MD in July. Will be a fun experience for the kids and for those parents who aren't disgruntled that their kid didn't "make" it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sane ones stayed home and spent their parents tuition money on better options for their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express W had the cake walk schedule. We all knew it. Only game should have had trouble with would be outlaws. With AA players coming down should do better right? Instead stopped no one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sane ones stayed home and spent their parents tuition money on better options for their teams.

What good teams stayed home?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its says" sane", not good. To show up at an event, knowing you shouldn't be there, only to get destroyed and then feed it as a "moral victory" to starving parents In sane!

in·sane
/inˈsān/

adjective
in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its says" sane", not good. To show up at an event, knowing you shouldn't be there, only to get destroyed and then feed it as a "moral victory" to starving parents In sane!

in·sane
/inˈsān/

adjective
in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction.

So to answer the question for you, no good teams stayed home.

So the only sane ones also happened to be bad. At least the insane ones took a shot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were maybe 5 good teams there. You made my point for me. 2/3 of them shouldnt have been there. The only shot they took was to their checkbooks and pride. Sad. Events like that are useful for the upper level teams. But really, what is to be gained by the C-tier clubs participating? The "experience"? The experience of realizing your team doesnt belong? I guess there could be a lesson to be learned there tho...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were maybe 5 good teams there. You made my point for me. 2/3 of them shouldnt have been there. The only shot they took was to their checkbooks and pride. Sad. Events like that are useful for the upper level teams. But really, what is to be gained by the C-tier clubs participating? The "experience"? The experience of realizing your team doesnt belong? I guess there could be a lesson to be learned there tho...

Why do you get to decide for everyone? Decide for yourself, I’ll decide with my kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What lesson is learned playing in a tournament that really means nothing? If there are only a few good teams out there than why play the sport the same few teams can play each other and that would be boring. Kids develope differently over time let’s remember these kids are only 14 years old some of the best players in this grade may not even have picked up a stick yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What lesson is learned playing in a tournament that really means nothing? If there are only a few good teams out there than why play the sport the same few teams can play each other and that would be boring. Kids develope differently over time let’s remember these kids are only 14 years old some of the best players in this grade may not even have picked up a stick yet.

The diamond in the rough football player that picks up a stick and becomes a star is an ancient story told around the campfire while making s’mores. It might happen every decade, but don’t bet the mortgage.

The best, highly skilled kids you see now will be all over the college landscape, still likely the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think my takeaway from reading all of these posts above is that none of this has anything to do with the kids. It seems to be, in my humble opinion, a lot of insecure parents with combating egos. If everyone took it for what it was, which is 14 yr old kid lacrosse, then this board would probably be blank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the 80s, 90s and early 2000 this may have been true. But in today’s day and age no chance. Kids are starting travel ball in 2nd grade now. If the first time you pick up a stick is in 8th grade you are now to far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, man. All's it means when a kid "picks up a stick" in 2nd grade is:

1. He will peak too soon and lead parents down an "ego rabbit hole". He may be "a star" in those early years but as kids get older and hit puberty...that "Star" starts to fade, FAST and the kids that were discarded or didn't play in the early years begin to emerge... It does make a difference for probably 1 in 1500 kids...

2. The 2nd-grade kid will be physically beaten up by age 14 from overuse and will probably have a distaste for the sport due to the foolish parents taking all the joy out of it for them.

Nothing more...nothing less You see it all the time...

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. He will peak too soon and lead parents down an "ego rabbit hole". He may be "a star" in those early years but as kids get older and hit puberty...that "Star" starts to fade, FAST and the kids that were discarded or didn't play in the early years begin to emerge... It does make a difference for probably 1 in 1500 kids...

2. The 2nd-grade kid will be physically beaten up by age 14 from overuse and will probably have a distaste for the sport due to the foolish parents taking all the joy out of it for them.

Those kids are weak, mostly because they have weak parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are weak, mostly because they have weak parents.

I agree ☝️ 💯%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with ^^^ our club direction specifically told our team in a zoom call 6 weeks ago don't waste money on showcases or encourage your son to want his name lit up on social media - those people are out to take your $, take credit when your kid gets good and no college coaches give a rats butt about 2025s right now. Just keep getting better.
But then, within days of that advice, we had our parents organizing outside film of tournaments, including 'individual filming' of their own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these clubs seriously starting to have "tryouts" in July. We are already extending tournaments into July because of the ridiculous WSYL. Please give us a break. By now every coach knows every player can't we just have some time off. Just a few years ago September was tryout season now its pushed into summers and vacations. Why not have the players under contract like the NFL. The minute a club is done with you the can cut you loose and poach someone else.
What happens to teams like Regulators who were put together for WSYL only?
Open up your checkbooks, the push from clubs will now be to get your rising 9th grader recruited! Gotta do showcases, gotta have film, gotta be seen by as many coaches as possible. Please make it stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the true blue team at this age? I recall them being a descent team. why weren’t they at the qualifier ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say please make it stop, who are you saying please to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tru Who? They were one of the smart ones that didnt get fleeced

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these clubs seriously starting to have "tryouts" in July. We are already extending tournaments into July because of the ridiculous WSYL. Please give us a break. By now every coach knows every player can't we just have some time off. Just a few years ago September was tryout season now its pushed into summers and vacations. Why not have the players under contract like the NFL. The minute a club is done with you the can cut you loose and poach someone else.
What happens to teams like Regulators who were put together for WSYL only?
Open up your checkbooks, the push from clubs will now be to get your rising 9th grader recruited! Gotta do showcases, gotta have film, gotta be seen by as many coaches as possible. Please make it stop.

Regulators was not at all put together for WSYL only. The goal is to keep a team together to develop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares Still had no business being at WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big difference from teams that draw players from all over the state like NJ which only has maybe big 3 teams to Long Island where besides Express and 91 most teams are drawing off of maybe 3 towns. Props to the teams that put training over everything and didn’t run out their 2024s. Also funny seeing some teams missing kids they have been running out there all year who obviously weren’t on age.

Page 29 of 53 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard