BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 53 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its over...Move on!!!! Let the teams that made WSYL play out the string and write more checks. Who cares?

And the teams that didn't make it: Get back to work... develop your players, play more local tourneys as that is where your teams will get better.. Use all of your parts, not just a few. Switch up your boring practice routines... Let the kids play rather than barking notIntelligent lax phrases from the sideline...

Stop focusing on tryouts for next season when this one hasnt even concluded. Make the kids want to play for you and for each other....

Oh wait...where is the profit in that?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fantastic post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its over...Move on!!!! Let the teams that made WSYL play out the string and write more checks. Who cares?

And the teams that didn't make it: Get back to work... develop your players, play more local tourneys as that is where your teams will get better.. Use all of your parts, not just a few. Switch up your boring practice routines... Let the kids play rather than barking notIntelligent lax phrases from the sideline...

Stop focusing on tryouts for next season when this one hasnt even concluded. Make the kids want to play for you and for each other....

Oh wait...where is the profit in that?
Great post. I have never witnessed such an over coaches bunch of robots in my life. Some of the better were absolutely lost once their sets got stuffed. Zero improvised offense, constantly looking over at the coaches for direction. My all time favorite is when a kid makes a mistake the coach screams so everyone knows exactly what he did wrong. That is not coaching. As far as tryouts go, everyone looking for the next best thing. We went to WSYL and got our rear ends kicked. How about coming back and coaching us up to be better instead of posting your new tryout dates. The whole landscape of youth sports has changed and not for the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tru Who? They were one of the smart ones that didnt get fleeced

You do realize that the cost for entering a team into the WSYL is no more money than some regular tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its sad because the kids are afraid to shoot, improvise, read the defense or decide on their own when it is a "good time".... And they are also afraid to get called out or pulled from a game if they do exercise their lacrosse IQ.

The real kicker, which is the icing on most clubs, is that the coaches cater to a few players (and all the other kids pick up on it). That's not a healthy "team" environment as kids become resentful, as do the parents. Hence, what is the motivation to play for a coach that treats his players unequally like that? Is there any? Apparently not based on the performances of teams that face these challenges.

There are a lot of "coaches" out there that cant see past their own ambitions. That is why their clubs don't win anything. That is also why you see so much player movement each year. The best players on these clubs are the ones that are overlooked or painted into their "role" . A role they can never escape no matter what untrue speech their "coach" gives...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with ^^^ our club direction specifically told our team in a zoom call 6 weeks ago don't waste money on showcases or encourage your son to want his name lit up on social media - those people are out to take your $, take credit when your kid gets good and no college coaches give a rats butt about 2025s right now. Just keep getting better.
But then, within days of that advice, we had our parents organizing outside film of tournaments, including 'individual filming' of their own kids.

That's because everyone thinks they need to be a brand now. So you have News 12 reporters on Instagram showcasing their "lifestyles" in the hope of getting picked up by NBC, you have amateur shoppers flooding their feeds with selfies of them wearing designer clothes in the hope of getting followers to monetize their posts, and 14 year old kids getting bar mitzvah quality video productions of themselves hitting the corners in the hope that John Danowski sees it while sitting on the toilet and scrolling through his instagram. It's crazy. 14 year old lacrosse reminds me of the southern pre-teen beauty competitions, without the finger food and hairspray. The status seeking is insane!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that the cost for entering a team into the WSYL is no more money than some regular tournaments?

No, it's an additional expense. Please don't tell me your club isn't making you pay for the extra round or are you just chiming in. Our club didn't figure advancement into the regular tuition so now parents are asked to go into their pockets, again. Add in hotel, meals, travel and you're looking at an very expensive tournament Wednesday to Sunday. Isn't that how you'd prefer to spend your 4th of July? After all, 14 year old lacrosse is LIFE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL ends on the 3rd this year, so you can be home in your white ribbed tee and in the driveway shooting off the fireworks that you picked up down there for cheap on the 4th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you can replay the video of 14 yr old kids doing the same thing they do at every other tournament once you get home. Heck, Im sure they'll only charge you $200 for it.... And maybe you can coerce your neighbors to come over and watch it too so you can tell him that Lil Johnny was at the WSYL and you feel better about yourself. Get out your checkbook... Baaah Baaaahhh Lax sheep!

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's an additional expense. Please don't tell me your club isn't making you pay for the extra round or are you just chiming in. Our club didn't figure advancement into the regular tuition so now parents are asked to go into their pockets, again. Add in hotel, meals, travel and you're looking at an very expensive tournament Wednesday to Sunday. Isn't that how you'd prefer to spend your 4th of July? After all, 14 year old lacrosse is LIFE.

1- it is not an additional cost for my sons team. It’s pathetic that your program is making you do that.
2- every travel tournament I pay for food, hotel and travel. It’s what is expected when you sign your child up for travel lacrosse.
3- I didn’t say that’s how I want to spend my 4th of July weekend but my sons team is playing so I will enjoy the weekend watching.
You sound like an angry parent who’s son is not very good at the sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- it is not an additional cost for my sons team. It’s pathetic that your program is making you do that.
2- every travel tournament I pay for food, hotel and travel. It’s what is expected when you sign your child up for travel lacrosse.
3- I didn’t say that’s how I want to spend my 4th of July weekend but my sons team is playing so I will enjoy the weekend watching.

My bet is this guys kid is actually pretty good at it but the father is angry that he stunk and as a result he is holding the kid back because he is bitter and worst of all, cheap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you bring up his son? You are a fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bet is this guys kid is actually pretty good at it but the father is angry that he stunk and as a result he is holding the kid back because he is bitter and worst of all, cheap.

You cannot call anyone who pays for travel lacrosse cheap. If the rest of the country knew what we pay for the "privilege's" of travel lacrosse they would have us committed for insanity. Lacrosse is an elitist sport and cost big money just to participate. Our team didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Although I was a little disappointed, as was my son, it's over and done with. The real commentary is the extraordinary expense of time and money just for participation in youth lacrosse. Club owners and tournaments laughing all the way to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be this guys brother. Also pathetic. Acting as if someones name was mentioned here. You must've got picked on as a child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel Laxaholics are brainwashed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard WSYL is an extra $800. Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is just to sign up after qualifying...All in....its probably 1x that amt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$325

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's $325 as posted on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot call anyone who pays for travel lacrosse cheap. If the rest of the country knew what we pay for the "privilege's" of travel lacrosse they would have us committed for insanity. Lacrosse is an elitist sport and cost big money just to participate. Our team didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Although I was a little disappointed, as was my son, it's over and done with. The real commentary is the extraordinary expense of time and money just for participation in youth lacrosse. Club owners and tournaments laughing all the way to the bank.

Cheap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As suspected, this board has gone quiet after the WSYL "Qualifier"... The teams that made it are content, the teams that didnt have gone into hibernation....Typical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As suspected, this board has gone quiet after the WSYL "Qualifier"... The teams that made it are content, the teams that didnt have gone into hibernation....Typical

Its been a minute....and spring break....chillax. People will be hating on 91 again soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST POST IN A WHILE That was funny. And true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early on observation is that Team 91 is the team to beat in the Elite division. Next Level is probably the team that will give them a good game based on their size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs have gone into hibernation. Our club hasn't practiced in over two weeks. So much time and energy spent on the qualifier now with two weeks off it will take twice that to get back in shape.

Clubs are already starting to advertise tryouts in early July while most will still be playing tournaments. How much movement should there be on teams when all these kids are going into HS. At this point all they are is showcasing individual talents. Am I the only one that is disappointed that players still have to pay to tryout for teams they already play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be this guys brother. Also pathetic. Acting as if someones name was mentioned here. You must've got picked on as a child.
Nope. Just don't like it when short, pathetic losers who probably never played a sport in their lives insult kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs have gone into hibernation. Our club hasn't practiced in over two weeks. So much time and energy spent on the qualifier now with two weeks off it will take twice that to get back in shape.

Clubs are already starting to advertise tryouts in early July while most will still be playing tournaments. How much movement should there be on teams when all these kids are going into HS. At this point all they are is showcasing individual talents. Am I the only one that is disappointed that players still have to pay to tryout for teams they already play for?

First year in club lacrosse? LOL. Tons of movement this year. Most Catholic school kids will end up at CoachC this year and next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick to script please: WSYL is a joke and Club teams fleece the foolish parents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First year in club lacrosse? LOL. Tons of movement this year. Most Catholic school kids will end up at CoachC this year and next.

Why do you think that? The three Duke super Freshmen that were Friars, played at 91 and Legacy. Doesn’t matter what club you play for. The best players will start on the varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed does not matter what club you are with ... what matters is the club coach you have some of these guys are terriifc placing kids in the right schools and others just worry about the top 5 and then don't care about the rest . do your homework don't get caught up in wins and losses it is about your kid in the end .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s 100 percent accurate. It’s about your kid in the end. Plus when you say coaches sometimes are worried about the top 5, that doesn’t always mean the top 5 talented kids. It can be who knows who. Who is connected to the organization? Certain kids get looked after more than other kids. That’s how it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches dont care bro. If your kid is good, people will find him. Please stop drinking the "Showcase" koolaide.... Cream rises to top. No matter who is stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All correct but you want a coach that you can trust and are getting the right information form the otherside i have wathced coaches push certain kids on a program and they were not the best kid . My point being if you can not trust your club coach then get out now and get on a team that has a track record with college coaches . There are many factors when it comes to recruiting and a key piece is head coach ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day it's up to the kid and the parents to do the work. You're the ones sending the letters, emails, highlight tapes, etc, no matter who you play for. It's a ton of work with no guarantees. There may be 40 other attack or middies just like you yet one recruiter saw something another didn't. Stop thinking because they play club at a certain program or go to a certain private school your chances are 10x better, they are not. There is only one college program that consistently takes a few LI kids. Those kids are already the top 1% in their class, not because of where they play club. Even than some are told do a PG year and well see you next year.

On the flip side, I've seen kids go to Duke, NC, Princeton and Yale just to play lacrosse now their still trying to figure out how to make money. Their classmates have gone on to very lucrative careers, yet they are lax lifers. All depends on what the end game is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one sends letters or emails or even highlight tapes because they go into the junk account , the College coach picks up the phone and talks with the CLUB head coach that is a fact . Keep sending the emails , letters and highlight tapes and let me know how that works ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right on with your comments about the right club and the right coach. If you play for a top tier elite club with a good coach that is well connected you have a leg up on everyone else. It's just the way it is. When we had Covid last year and no lax our coach was able to have college coaches talk to our kids via zoom about college lax and what they look for in kids etc. We continuously have college kids come to practices and work with the kids all through the network. Our club had 15 D-1 commits this past year as well. The coach drove the connections and made sure the kids were fit with the right schools for looks and it was all based on relationships. Sure the video's and showcases were part of it, but ultimately the club team and coach was responsible for the success of the program and the kids moving on to play at the next level. I saw it and have been living it first hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right on with your comments about the right club and the right coach. If you play for a top tier elite club with a good coach that is well connected you have a leg up on everyone else. It's just the way it is. When we had Covid last year and no lax our coach was able to have college coaches talk to our kids via zoom about college lax and what they look for in kids etc. We continuously have college kids come to practices and work with the kids all through the network. Our club had 15 D-1 commits this past year as well. The coach drove the connections and made sure the kids were fit with the right schools for looks and it was all based on relationships. Sure the video's and showcases were part of it, but ultimately the club team and coach was responsible for the success of the program and the kids moving on to play at the next level. I saw it and have been living it first hand.

Amazing. What club is this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop please, there are only 70 mens D1 programs and your club placed 15 kids on D1 teams this past year. I call BS. Name the club program and the colleges they committed to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop please, there are only 70 mens D1 programs and your club placed 15 kids on D1 teams this past year. I call BS. Name the club program and the colleges they committed to.

Please do not stop & immediately tell us your club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So $325 for each of the 25 man roster. So that is $8,125 in registration fees for each team. Nice try telling yourself that your club is picking this up and that this is the cost of another tournament. Most tournaments have registration fees of $1300 to $2250 (Depending on 1 day or 2 day tournaments). Name me a club director who is shelling out of his own pocket $8k to register a team. This is another a la cart fee. Pay $3-4k for the basic package and then add in additional trainings, playdates and tournaments (not to mention travel/hotel/food costs). Just stop with the madness. People have a right to spend their money as they wish. The $325 may be a great experience and worth it, and it is up to every person/team to decide to go, but no way clubs are picking this up. Wake up.

Page 30 of 53 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard