BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This first statement was in reference to the NJ WSYL teams a few posts up.

The second statement transitioned from the talent of the NJ WSYL teams, referring the talent here in NJ, juxtaposing how the 2023's for BBL and Leading Edge will begin committing September 1st, 2021, about 6 months away, and how about 35 of them combined will go D1. Likewise, I mentioned that both of their 2024 teams are more talented then their 2023 teams.

I am not sure what drop off your talking about for Leading Edge. Their 2023's are good and their 2024's are more talented and on the verge of being really good. The bottom quarter of both BBL and Leading Edge 2023 & 2024 are subpar. The top 17 on BBL 2024 and top 16 Leading Edge 2024 are all really good. Everyone on both clubs knows the 2023 players very well and who is talented and who is not, on both of their respective 2023 teams.

My initial post gave both teams compliments. I was keeping it positive.

Fair enough. But I don't agree with your assessment of the talent on LEs 2024 team (there are only 2-3 strong players, not 16). BBL is probably 10-12 deep for 2024s. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. 2023 LE is probably 4-5 elite kids, about the same as BBL. 35 D1 kids is a major stretch. It's just not the same program where they had 10-15 top level kids each year.
How do you have this much knowledge about the 24s & 23s? Are you reading the post about who is going to what showcase or are you really watching the two teams play? To my knowledge, the teams have only been at one tournament together. Additionally, the club directors made sure the kids didn't play on the same "all-star teams"
My point, you have no clue what you are talking about. The original post might have been optimistic but not unrealistic. Maybe BBL & LE are made up of very smart kids whose parents can write the check so all 50 kids play D1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The second statement transitioned from the talent of the NJ WSYL teams, referring the talent here in NJ, juxtaposing how the 2023's for BBL and Leading Edge will begin committing September 1st, 2021, about 6 months away, and how about 35 of them combined will go D1. Likewise, I mentioned that both of their 2024 teams are more talented then their 2023 teams.

I am not sure what drop off your talking about for Leading Edge. Their 2023's are good and their 2024's are more talented and on the verge of being really good. The bottom quarter of both BBL and Leading Edge 2023 & 2024 are subpar. The top 17 on BBL 2024 and top 16 Leading Edge 2024 are all really good. Everyone on both clubs knows the 2023 players very well and who is talented and who is not, on both of their respective 2023 teams.

Fair enough. But I don't agree with your assessment of the talent on LEs 2024 team (there are only 2-3 strong players, not 16). BBL is probably 10-12 deep for 2024s. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. 2023 LE is probably 4-5 elite kids, about the same as BBL. 35 D1 kids is a major stretch. It's just not the same program where they had 10-15 top level kids each year.
How do you have this much knowledge about the 24s & 23s? Are you reading the post about who is going to what showcase or are you really watching the two teams play? To my knowledge, the teams have only been at one tournament together. Additionally, the club directors made sure the kids didn't play on the same "all-star teams"
My point, you have no clue what you are talking about. The original post might have been optimistic but not unrealistic. Maybe BBL & LE are made up of very smart kids whose parents can write the check so all 50 kids play D1.

I have seen them. Your response confirms you don't know what you are talking about. You can't just write a check to get your kid on a D1 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen them. Your response confirms you don't know what you are talking about. You can't just write a check to get your kid on a D1 team.
12.6 scholarships.. all things being equal, kids that don't need financial aid are more likely to be taken than kids that do. To quote the great Bill Murray "That's a fact Jack"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tough analysis, but appreciate the attempt at staying positive. BBL has certainly done a pretty decent job keeping their teams together, but I do agree that LE is struggling below 22's because the younger kids are sticking with their clubs.
Not putting much into the rankings but isn't LE 2023 ranked in the top 10? Even if you think the rankings are total b/s how can you say that team is struggling?

Not saying they aren't a good team, but they are not the juggernaut that some would like to believe. Regardless of one's feelings about the rankings, there is a big divide between the top 5 teams and the rest of the pack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge has basically put about 18 kids D1 every year. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the 23's and 24's. YES -BBL has caught up with them in this area and will send around the same amount of people D1 as well. Very minimal scholarship money. Mostly rich and smart kids are playing anyway. To the dude who was asking how do you know who is good; once you know the kids on each teams name, there is a lot out there. Now they are all in the same schools with each other so everyone knows everyone and everyone knows who is good and who is not. Like the guy said, both teams in both ages are going to put 15 each at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge has basically put about 18 kids D1 every year. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the 23's and 24's. YES -BBL has caught up with them in this area and will send around the same amount of people D1 as well. Very minimal scholarship money. Mostly rich and smart kids are playing anyway. To the dude who was asking how do you know who is good; once you know the kids on each teams name, there is a lot out there. Now they are all in the same schools with each other so everyone knows everyone and everyone knows who is good and who is not. Like the guy said, both teams in both ages are going to put 15 each at the next level.

So, you think that LE and BBL are going to place 18 kids each at D1 every year, that seems pretty aggressive. I could be wrong, but I do not think that those number are realistic going forward for LE. In past years, all of the top kids played for LE, not so much anymore, so they do not have the same talent depth on the roster. These days, the top kids on on Tri-State, Riot, Blue Star, etc., who would normally be playing for LE are not, and don't kid yourself if you think that the top kids on those teams are not as good, if not better, than the kids on LE, or BBL for that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you think that LE and BBL are going to place 18 kids each at D1 every year, that seems pretty aggressive. I could be wrong, but I do not think that those number are realistic going forward for LE. In past years, all of the top kids played for LE, not so much anymore, so they do not have the same talent depth on the roster. These days, the top kids on on Tri-State, Riot, Blue Star, etc., who would normally be playing for LE are not, and don't kid yourself if you think that the top kids on those teams are not as good, if not better, than the kids on LE, or BBL for that matter.
Just counted 70+ NJ D1 2021 players in the IL database and I'm sure I missed a few. That's 5 teams with 14 each and that doesn't include the high-level D3 schools.
Maybe the talent pool in NJ has increased?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just counted 70+ NJ D1 2021 players in the IL database and I'm sure I missed a few. That's 5 teams with 14 each and that doesn't include the high-level D3 schools.

Definitely a possibility, but I wonder whether it has anything to do with the expansion of D1 lacrosse programs, many more schools in the mix these days, so more D1 spots available, although, I would much rather have my kid at one of those D3 schools over 75% of the D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster. How can you say BBL 2024 is the stronger team if they never played each other and they have about the same results in common opponents?

Because I've seen them both play and it isn't close. They do not have the same results against the top teams. BBL 2024 can challenge the top NLF clubs. Why do you think the top LI teams invite BBL to play in play days and not LE? It's because they are better and the best play the best. The bottom line is you will find out for sure this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely a possibility, but I wonder whether it has anything to do with the expansion of D1 lacrosse programs, many more schools in the mix these days, so more D1 spots available, although, I would much rather have my kid at one of those D3 schools over 75% of the D1 programs.

Right. There's D1 and then there's low level D1. You can't really count a kid going to NJIT or Monmouth on the same level as someone going to Duke or UNC, nor can you count them over Amherst or Williams. Counting D1 recruits isn't really the correct metric. If you look at the commits and weight the schools, BBL is trending up and LE is trending down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College programs are expanding much slower than at the national HS level. That means more kids from other parts of the country are competing for the same number of spots. That will lead to fewer NJ kids playing in college over time, unless something changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tough analysis, but appreciate the attempt at staying positive. BBL has certainly done a pretty decent job keeping their teams together, but I do agree that LE is struggling below 22's because the younger kids are sticking with their clubs.
Not putting much into the rankings but isn't LE 2023 ranked in the top 10? Even if you think the rankings are total b/s how can you say that team is struggling?

I think people mean struggling to stay on par with LE team in past years. They are still a solid team. Not top 10 by any stretch but solid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12.6 scholarships.. all things being equal, kids that don't need financial aid are more likely to be taken than kids that do. To quote the great Bill Murray "That's a fact Jack"

This is very incorrect. They divvy them up into 8ths with only a select group getting 50% and full.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is very incorrect. They divvy them up into 8ths with only a select group getting 50% and full.
Is that what your club director told you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. There's D1 and then there's low level D1. You can't really count a kid going to NJIT or Monmouth on the same level as someone going to Duke or UNC, nor can you count them over Amherst or Williams. Counting D1 recruits isn't really the correct metric. If you look at the commits and weight the schools, BBL is trending up and LE is trending down.

Could not agree more.....get the grades, many more options

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NJIT is the only school my kid was recruited to, I'd tell him to hang up the cleats. The point of college is to get set up for the rest of life. not to hang on to some sort of perceived athletic glory. It's over. Let him move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NJIT is the only school my kid was recruited to, I'd tell him to hang up the cleats. The point of college is to get set up for the rest of life. not to hang on to some sort of perceived athletic glory. It's over. Let him move on.
There are plenty of kids who would gladly take those spots at NJIT. It's a good school. Don't be a snob. Not fair to target that school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of kids who would gladly take those spots at NJIT. It's a good school. Don't be a snob. Not fair to target that school.

NJIT is certainly not an academic compromise, similar to Stevens, I think that you really need to look South for more appropriate examples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just jumping on this on a slow day at work.
Older son played leading Edge 2019 team
8 poles, 1 goalie, 5 middies, 6 attackmen all went d1, with 3 Nescac players
Knowing the ‘2023 LE very well, 2 goalies, 5-6 poles, 4-5 middies, 3-4 attack probably same situation albeit not as dominant as 2010 to 2019 teams for sure.
So comments above are directionally correct but still the dominant team in the class and would beat BBL 8-5 this summer. I guess we will have to see at NAL.
Good luck to all. Go NJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knowing the ‘2023 LE very well, 2 goalies, 5-6 poles, 4-5 middies, 3-4 attack probably same situation albeit not as dominant as 2010 to 2019 teams for sure.
So comments above are directionally correct but still the dominant team in the class and would beat BBL 8-5 this summer. I guess we will have to see at NAL.
Good luck to all. Go NJ!
they would beat BBL 10-4..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all. Go NJ!
BBL doesn't win a face-off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all. Go NJ!

LE would own the face offs but they are a turnover machine so it would cancel out. I think it's a close game but LE wins by 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on SSDMs getting recruited? Does it happen a lot or are they the last to go? Seems like they are overlooked and college coaches just convert O middies. Any real examples you can think of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on SSDMs getting recruited? Does it happen a lot or are they the last to go? Seems like they are overlooked and college coaches just convert O middies. Any real examples you can think of?

I think that there are definitely quite a few SSDMs that are offensive players being put on the back burner for use down the road, but there are plenty of kids getting looks as two-way midfielders with an emphasis on the defensive end. A good SSDM is a great asset, and you can't win games with the ball at the other end of the field all day. The midfielder from Syracuse is the prototype 2-way midfielder, big and can play on the offensive side as well, but has a more defined role as a defender because that team is stacked with O middies. I do not think that there is a disadvantage because some of the highly sought after offensive players go first. Personally, I think the challenge is more about the number of poles because you can shift defenders and LSMs more easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the works series qualifier how do they determine who plays who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all. Go NJ!

LE’s face off kid is one of the best in the country. He’s basically the reason the team doesn’t get blown out all the time. Make sure he stays healthy or it’s down the tubes.

In terms of the team: Goalies are ok. Not sure they stand out. Poles? 2 strong. Rest just ok. Mids? 2 strong (1LSM, 1close D) the rest below average. Attack? 1 strong but they will prob make him a mid. Rest are avg. I could be wrong. Just calling like I saw em from the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all. Go NJ!

LE’s face off kid is one of the best in the country. He’s basically the reason the team doesn’t get blown out all the time. Make sure he stays healthy or it’s down the tubes.

In terms of the team: Goalies are ok. Not sure they stand out. Poles? 2 strong. Rest just ok. Mids? 2 strong (1LSM, 1close D) the rest below average. Attack? 1 strong but they will prob make him a mid. Rest are avg. I could be wrong. Just calling like I saw em from the fall.

Meant the two strong poles were the LSM and Close D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LE 2023 Attack-man is one of the best in the Nation and everyone knows it. He is not just strong. Your trying to minimize for your own benefit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LE 2023 Attack-man is one of the best in the Nation and everyone knows it. He is not just strong. Your trying to minimize for your own benefit.
Have you seen him? The kid is over 6' now and put on 15lbs this fall. His high school coach is hoping he can hide behind the Rutgers and West Point commits so teams don't see him coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen him? The kid is over 6' now and put on 15lbs this fall. His high school coach is hoping he can hide behind the Rutgers and West Point commits so teams don't see him coming.

Seems like the kids parent is replying to his own posts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 WSYL NJ Teams
4 out of the 5 NJ could end up qualifying this weekend. Mad Dog is the only question mark, they have the worst draw in the tournament. The 2 best teams (Madlax and Black Ops) and Jersey Express beat us on Sunday.
Looks like BBL, 3dNJ, Jersey Express move on. Mad Dog and TriState out.
Could be a BBL & Jersey Express final today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely. The kid is good but he’s not even top 5 2023 attack in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many east teams qualify for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many east teams qualify for WSYL?
The email they sent out said 6. Have seen some speculation that it could be more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 6 teams deserve to move on. Anyone else waters down the playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the “dumpster fire” of a team seemed to turn things around last weekend. Beat prime time and li express CoachC on Sunday . Impressive wins for such a dumpster fire !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to hear 3 ahead of this kid. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trending down? 2022 list of commits .
UPenn
Yale x2
Bucknell
Loyola
Brown
Hopkins
Duke
Villanova
Colgate
Army

Just to name a couple ... your right though, these schools are not that great...

Good gracious , people are clueless .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely. The kid is good but he’s not even top 5 2023 attack in NJ.
Who are the top 5? No need to provide a name so Club and High School are good enough.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 72 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard