BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 45 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame and Penn State both played very well this weekend. After the Top 3 at this point it looks like Notre Dame, Boston College and Penn State. Never like to count Maryland out but I don't think that they have the horses this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US lacrosse please just get rid of the repetitive foul rule in the rule book. NON of your refs get it or call it at the highest levels. I am seeing three to six fouls on the same player as ball is cleared. cross checks, up checks on butt ends.

This is illegal. All to slow the game so team can get into zone and rest.

This is a yellow card. Call it to clean game up.

An up check on the butt end is not illegal as long as it is not towards the body and they do not hook the butt with their webbing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA and where they were ranked in the Final Poll of the season:

2012 - #8
2013 - #9
2014 - #4
2015 - #8
2016 - #16
2017 - #14
2018 - #13
2019 - #7

can't count 2020

I would say more of a top 10 team than a Top 20....
Definitely one of the Top 10 Programs on a regular basis.
The emergence of Boston College (in conference) has made it more challenging for UVA. Excellent program and a great school. They will never have the great record because the ACC is just too competitive but they will always be a Top 10 Program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 teams in order ... UNC, Cuse, NW, BC, ND and then maybe PS. ND will struggle on the draw vs all of these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 teams in order ... UNC, Cuse, NW, BC, ND and then maybe PS. ND will struggle on the draw vs all of these teams.

Love BC but can’t put them ahead of Notre Dame and or Penn State at this point .... UNC, Syracuse, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn State... Boston College...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as I detest saying it’s I would put ND before BC and let’s not forget Florida; other then UNC every team will have a bad game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC will lose to SBU if they play .I have said it before its UNC , Cuse , ND , NW . Watch out for Loyola , don’t let the bad start fool you . PSU , BC just not on those teams levels yet and are essentially a one trick pony . Sorry but “ Char Char “ is the most irritating player in the country and can Murray just pipe down because no one would want that kid on their kids team.
Keeping an eye on the Tewaaraton award I hope it goes to a goalie or defender as the offensive front runners are impossible to root for players . The BC kid is the best talent but is unwatchable in the celebrations and the way she makes any team she plays on no better . The UNC kid who used to be the best has now bought into mommy and daddy telling her she needs to get her numbers up . Watched the kid in the second half run thru 3 defenders on a fast break passing up open team mates to get her goals in a 22-1 blowout . Maybe the NW kid but her head down run to goal style is not great . Is their any unselfish player that plays the game the correct way , makes my teammates better Sam Apuzzo type players left ? I don’t see any so I hope a goalie or defender get the award. Am I missing someone that can win a game for your team while making everyone else around them better from a top level team ?

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with you on BC kid and NU kid both great scorers but don't make their teammates around them better. I think you are way off wit UNC kid. She does make her teammates around her better and is an unselfish player...in a blowout like that she could easily score 10 and didn't. I also think the Aldave kid is an unselfish player...she will recover from leg injury and be back to herself. Gilbert from NU also an offensive force...maybe someone from Syracuse will shine through as well. That said could be the year of the defender or even another goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I get it., your kid couldn’t get into Notre Dame. Wasn’t sure where the disdain was coming from. Took me a moment or two but figured it out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC will lose to SBU if they play .I have said it before its UNC , Cuse , ND , NW . Watch out for Loyola , don’t let the bad start fool you . PSU , BC just not on those teams levels yet and are essentially a one trick pony . Sorry but “ Char Char “ is the most irritating player in the country and can Murray just pipe down because no one would want that kid on their kids team.
Keeping an eye on the Tewaaraton award I hope it goes to a goalie or defender as the offensive front runners are impossible to root for players . The BC kid is the best talent but is unwatchable in the celebrations and the way she makes any team she plays on no better . The UNC kid who used to be the best has now bought into mommy and daddy telling her she needs to get her numbers up . Watched the kid in the second half run thru 3 defenders on a fast break passing up open team mates to get her goals in a 22-1 blowout . Maybe the NW kid but her head down run to goal style is not great . Is their any unselfish player that plays the game the correct way , makes my teammates better Sam Apuzzo type players left ? I don’t see any so I hope a goalie or defender get the award. Am I missing someone that can win a game for your team while making everyone else around them better from a top level team ?

This could be most accurate thing I’ve seen here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with just about everything you say except comment about Stony Brook beating Boston College (if they play). Stony Brook is not a top tier team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Why? Notre Dame is one of the very few teams that has a shot at the Final Four, they are also one of the very few teams that has a shot at beating Syracuse, UNC and Northwestern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as I detest saying it’s I would put ND before BC and let’s not forget Florida; other then UNC every team will have a bad game.

Sorry, Florida deserves no consideration at this point and with no high caliber teams on the schedule they will have to wait until the NCAA Tournament for a chance to prove themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, Florida deserves no consideration at this point and with no high caliber teams on the schedule they will have to wait until the NCAA Tournament for a chance to prove themselves.

Actually, Florida has Temple this week. Temple is a solid team (obviously not a UNC, Syracuse, etc...) but if you do not bring your a game they can surprise. It will be interesting to see how Florida responds to their loss to Jacksonville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People overlook the fact that BC kid is not just a scorer. Yes she needs to do more on the assist side but she did last game. Big differentiator is that she has dominated the draw since taking it last year. BC wins the draw battle in every game. Clearly the most talented kid in the sport that does the most to make her team better with scoring, draws and now assisting more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the poll’s.... after Top 5 they are a complete joke. They should just wait until the season is over. No credibility at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with you on BC kid and NU kid both great scorers but don't make their teammates around them better. I think you are way off wit UNC kid. She does make her teammates around her better and is an unselfish player...in a blowout like that she could easily score 10 and didn't. I also think the Aldave kid is an unselfish player...she will recover from leg injury and be back to herself. Gilbert from NU also an offensive force...maybe someone from Syracuse will shine through as well. That said could be the year of the defender or even another goalie.

I watched the UNC kid last year a bunch and I believed she deserved the Award then but several times this year it seems she is playing me ball. Hopefully I am wrong but watched the Va tech game and there were multiple times she drove to cage when a pass to the open player looked to be the right thing to do. In the end of the first half it looked like UNC had a fast break with 2 kids wide open and she pulls it down to go to cage trying to run thru multiple defenders while the second half she seems to stare down a wide open cutter in order to dodge to the goal again I believe putting UNC up 16-1. Its not that I dont think she could have put up 10 goals or more in that game if she wanted to its more that this season she seems more likely to pass up the correct play and take it herself. Maybe the coaches have told her she needs to do this but with that team it seems unlikely. I have seen it in the past with multiple players I believe its called Tewaaraton fever . I felt bad for the Aldave kid as it was apparent she should not have been playing at all in the Cuse games. As of now give it to the UNC defense as a unit, they have been the best players on the field so far in their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the poll’s.... after Top 5 they are a complete joke. They should just wait until the season is over. No credibility at all.

1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Boston College
6 Stony Brook
7 Penn State
8 Duke
9 Virginia
10 Maryland
11 Florida
12 Navy
13 Loyola
14 Jacksonville
15 Louisville
16 Towson
17 Drexel
18 Richmond
19 Stanford
20 Temple

IMHO Stony Brook has done nothing to warrant a #6 ranking. Lets see what happens when Virginia and Duke play winner can stay in the Top 10... Maryland is about right. Sorry Florida you lost to Jacksonville you are too high at 11. Loyola at 13 is absurd. Towson was doing OK but how are they at 16 after getting blown off the field by Temple who shows up at 20?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Why? Notre Dame is one of the very few teams that has a shot at the Final Four, they are also one of the very few teams that has a shot at beating Syracuse, UNC and Northwestern.
They just played Syracuse twice and lost????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

I guess the should just pack it in and stop playing. What’s with the question marks, and what is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two interesting games this Friday:

Duke at Virginia

Florida at Temple

any predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke at Virginia

Florida at Temple

any predictions?

Another one to watch is Albany at Stony Brook on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB by 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke at Virginia

Florida at Temple

any predictions?

I will go Duke and UVA split the two games ( Duke much better at draw but less athletic overall)
Florida by 4 in low scoring affair
SBU by 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB by 10

Sure Joe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the UNC kid last year a bunch and I believed she deserved the Award then but several times this year it seems she is playing me ball. Hopefully I am wrong but watched the Va tech game and there were multiple times she drove to cage when a pass to the open player looked to be the right thing to do. In the end of the first half it looked like UNC had a fast break with 2 kids wide open and she pulls it down to go to cage trying to run thru multiple defenders while the second half she seems to stare down a wide open cutter in order to dodge to the goal again I believe putting UNC up 16-1. Its not that I dont think she could have put up 10 goals or more in that game if she wanted to its more that this season she seems more likely to pass up the correct play and take it herself. Maybe the coaches have told her she needs to do this but with that team it seems unlikely. I have seen it in the past with multiple players I believe its called Tewaaraton fever . I felt bad for the Aldave kid as it was apparent she should not have been playing at all in the Cuse games. As of now give it to the UNC defense as a unit, they have been the best players on the field so far in their games.

Let it all play out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke at Virginia

Florida at Temple

any predictions?

Zap you think this will be a good one? I think it will as well This season is so unpredictable so far has been a lot of fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Boston College
6 Stony Brook
7 Penn State
8 Duke
9 Virginia
10 Maryland
11 Florida
12 Navy
13 Loyola
14 Jacksonville
15 Louisville
16 Towson
17 Drexel
18 Richmond
19 Stanford
20 Temple

IMHO Stony Brook has done nothing to warrant a #6 ranking. Lets see what happens when Virginia and Duke play winner can stay in the Top 10... Maryland is about right. Sorry Florida you lost to Jacksonville you are too high at 11. Loyola at 13 is absurd. Towson was doing OK but how are they at 16 after getting blown off the field by Temple who shows up at 20?

I actually think minus the top three it isn’t necessarily what you’ve done but just don’t do anything Too bad (Florida vs Jax etc. personally think many people on here have selective memory. There are good losses and bad losses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it all play out

Why do you come on this site if you do not want to discuss women's lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

I guess the should just pack it in and stop playing. What’s with the question marks, and what is your point?

Uh oh little Domer dad getting upset Come on sally

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Stop it with ND

They have a shot at beating Syracuse but yet just lost to them twice, so you think they have a shot of being Northwestern & UNC...hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it all play out

Yes let’s let it all just play out and stop all discussions about anything pertaining to women’s lacrosse on a women’s lacrosse forum .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame and Penn State both played very well this weekend. After the Top 3 at this point it looks like Notre Dame, Boston College and Penn State. Never like to count Maryland out but I don't think that they have the horses this year.

0-4 is 0-4 you can’t have it both ways They aren’t in top tier esp PSU

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it all play out

Talking about it is different than people whether it’s unc penn st SB etc. crapping on every team while pumping your own. This would be a great spot if people weren’t only about bashing and actually discussed the sport our daughters play. It’s very funny to watch the stupidity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Stop it with ND

They have a shot at beating Syracuse but yet just lost to them twice, so you think they have a shot of being Northwestern & UNC...hmmmm

UNC no, Syracuse and Northwestern yes. I am guessing you never played a competitive sport in your entire life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-4 is 0-4 you can’t have it both ways They aren’t in top tier esp PSU

The Top Tier is “North Carolina, Syracuse Northwestern” Notre Dame and Penn State are in the next tier ahead of just about everyone else with the exception of BC who is in the tier with ND and PSU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it all play out

Talking about it is different than people whether it’s unc penn st SB etc. crapping on every team while pumping your own. This would be a great spot if people weren’t only about bashing and actually discussed the sport our daughters play. It’s very funny to watch the stupidity

And yet neither of your posts discuss anything related to women’s lacrosse . Not sure what team the post you responded to was bashing , maybe reading comprehension is the issue .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 North Carolina
2 Syracuse
3 Northwestern
4 Notre Dame
5 Boston College
6 Stony Brook
7 Penn State
8 Duke
9 Virginia
10 Maryland
11 Florida
12 Navy
13 Loyola
14 Jacksonville
15 Louisville
16 Towson
17 Drexel
18 Richmond
19 Stanford
20 Temple

I actually think minus the top three it isn’t necessarily what you’ve done but just don’t do anything Too bad (Florida vs Jax etc. personally think many people on here have selective memory. There are good losses and bad losses

Oh stop. At some point you have to beat a decent team and be competitive against the best teams. Any loss by more than 5 goals is a bad loss and losing by 10 or more is a really bad loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it with ND

Stop it with ND

UNC no, Syracuse and Northwestern yes. I am guessing you never played a competitive sport in your entire life.
Why do you get soooo worked up over ND?

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 45 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard