Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree with you on BC kid and NU kid both great scorers but don't make their teammates around them better. I think you are way off wit UNC kid. She does make her teammates around her better and is an unselfish player...in a blowout like that she could easily score 10 and didn't. I also think the Aldave kid is an unselfish player...she will recover from leg injury and be back to herself. Gilbert from NU also an offensive force...maybe someone from Syracuse will shine through as well. That said could be the year of the defender or even another goalie.

I watched the UNC kid last year a bunch and I believed she deserved the Award then but several times this year it seems she is playing me ball. Hopefully I am wrong but watched the Va tech game and there were multiple times she drove to cage when a pass to the open player looked to be the right thing to do. In the end of the first half it looked like UNC had a fast break with 2 kids wide open and she pulls it down to go to cage trying to run thru multiple defenders while the second half she seems to stare down a wide open cutter in order to dodge to the goal again I believe putting UNC up 16-1. Its not that I dont think she could have put up 10 goals or more in that game if she wanted to its more that this season she seems more likely to pass up the correct play and take it herself. Maybe the coaches have told her she needs to do this but with that team it seems unlikely. I have seen it in the past with multiple players I believe its called Tewaaraton fever . I felt bad for the Aldave kid as it was apparent she should not have been playing at all in the Cuse games. As of now give it to the UNC defense as a unit, they have been the best players on the field so far in their games.

Let it all play out

Why do you come on this site if you do not want to discuss women's lacrosse?