Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 02:08 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 02:05 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 02:00 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 01:58 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 01:52 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,365
Posts291,313
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 285 of 332 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 331 332
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #322418 03/06/21 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course he turned them ALL down, Why would he play in one of the most prestigious leagues in the country when he can play for a public school . LOL

Because he felt his public high school has better academic options at the higher levels than most of the private schools. So far so good on that front - although the pandemic made me question the decision somewhat when the private schools started going back in person.

Oh and after playing with and against them for so many years, he thinks that too many of the private school kids are [insert word that the forum mods won't allow], so he preferred to stay with the friends he's known since kindergarten.

So yes, he did turn down all the efforts to recruit him to play in the MIAA. I know that the "Glory Days" Spalding dads find that hard to understand. :shrug:

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #322421 03/06/21 07:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the beginning of last season GCS lost to Spalding by 10.

High point of Spalding's season. And apparently high point of the year for some Spalding Dads.

Serious Question,,,Will you ever get over your son getting cut or not invited to play at Spalding ? It is not like there are not other programs for him.

LOL. I could care less about Spalding. I just find it funny how riled up the Spalding dad's get.

And to the extent it matters, my son turned down recruiting efforts from three MIAA A Division schools. He's happy and doing great at his public school. :shrug:

Of course he turned them ALL down, Why would he play in one of the most prestigious leagues in the country when he can play for a public school . LOL

Probably so he wouldn't have to go to school with a bunch of George Hughleys.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322426 03/06/21 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

I think the answer to all 3 is NO ONE

Friends goalie is D1 commit
Middie also is D1 commit

Well a great time to be a B goalie getting a D1 offer is during a pandemic when coaches can’t see you. He probably had a 70% save percentage playing against a bunch of soccer players playing a sport in the spring. In the A maybe he goes D3 or nowhere at all because the competition is so much better

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322431 03/06/21 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who graduated in 2020 from B that is playing D1? Who are current D1 commits in B? Who is projected to be a D1 recruit?

Middie also is D1 commit

Well a great time to be a B goalie getting a D1 offer is during a pandemic when coaches can’t see you. He probably had a 70% save percentage playing against a bunch of soccer players playing a sport in the spring. In the A maybe he goes D3 or nowhere at all because the competition is so much better
More likely you have no clue.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322432 03/06/21 10:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are dumber’er for reading your comment above.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322441 03/07/21 12:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Not in this case. Severn dad again. That goalie had 30 saves against us. My son was a senior and he said it was the best game he had ever seen a goalie have and he has played with and against a bunch of D1 goalies . I doubt he gets 30 saves every game but a year ago he was phenomenal. Several of our parents and players knew him and said he is a very nice young man and has always been good. Our goalie, a D1 freshman now, was lights out too that game but this young man was on

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322470 03/07/21 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Not in this case. Severn dad again. That goalie had 30 saves against us. My son was a senior and he said it was the best game he had ever seen a goalie have and he has played with and against a bunch of D1 goalies . I doubt he gets 30 saves every game but a year ago he was phenomenal. Several of our parents and players knew him and said he is a very nice young man and has always been good. Our goalie, a D1 freshman now, was lights out too that game but this young man was on

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322477 03/07/21 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because he felt his public high school has better academic options at the higher levels than most of the private schools. So far so good on that front - although the pandemic made me question the decision somewhat when the private schools started going back in person.

Oh and after playing with and against them for so many years, he thinks that too many of the private school kids are [insert word that the forum mods won't allow], so he preferred to stay with the friends he's known since kindergarten.

So yes, he did turn down all the efforts to recruit him to play in the MIAA. I know that the "Glory Days" Spalding dads find that hard to understand. :shrug:

"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322490 03/07/21 06:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middie also is D1 commit

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football

Don’t know what happened to Glenelg country but heard they had 12 kids transferred out

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322499 03/07/21 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

Friends also had a 2019 goalie who moved to Gilman his senior year go D1, Glenelg has a couple 22’s that will be D1. Curley had at least one 2020 who could was being recruited for D1 lax but chose D1 football[/quote]

Don’t know what happened to Glenelg country but heard they had 12 kids transferred out[/quote]

They are a private school, paying higher tuition, doing 100% virtual learning, big reason why they transferred out!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322506 03/07/21 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A man got's to know his limitations" as Josey Wales said. Sounds like he knows his.

He'll be just fine. Thanks for the concern though.

Enjoy your [son's] high school Glory Days.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322514 03/07/21 11:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

Great job setting the bar high for him lost!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322515 03/07/21 11:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're so above it all, yet here you are stalking posts and then posting complete nonsense about your snowflake turning down MIAA programs because he couldn't possibly tear away from his daily public bro-mance?

I think the reality was Junior didn't want to get his mettle tested in the fast lane and the icing for you was not having to figure out how to come up with tuition.

Great job setting the bar high for him lost!!!

It the kid is a top student and lives in an area where the public schools are safe and don’t force liberal bologna down the kids throat, then going public (better access to higher education) is the proper choice, plus being a big fish in a small pond isn’t necessarily bad. Top students don’t need to rely on lax for some college tuition, they will get academic scholarships

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #322517 03/08/21 12:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322537 03/08/21 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages this weekend?

I’m aware of these. I’m sure many others played.

BL vs Gilman
Spalding vs Haverford
Severn vs DeMatha
Severn vs St. John’s

Anyone watch? Scores?

Like Reply Quote
Page 285 of 332 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 331 332
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard