BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 58 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe if LBC would follow through with their promises made, they wouldn't be losing so many players. Didn't they lose an entire team at the 2024 age group last year?
Be quiet. All clubs make promises and don’t follow through. If you say “not my club”, you are lying.
I'm not sure anyone needs to be told to be quiet but I am curious what the deal is with LBC. My daughter is a 22 and I've never heard anything bad about them

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has played for LBC for a long time and has been a great experience. Parents seem to think the grass is greener on the other side. The cost is very competitive, recruiting has been great and they have great coaches. The 24 players went across the bridge when they weren't able to run the club. Money doesn't buy everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to draw girl on LBC 2025? Dominated games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard she quit playing to focus on basketball. Everyone else seemed to catch up with her size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody see much turnover with girls changing clubs this summer with tryouts? Hard to know what tryouts look like with no spring and summer being limited.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To my understanding, she left to go to another team who would be able to help her with her draw. The previous club she was with did nothing to help her. Size had nothing to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To my understanding, she left to go to another team that would help her with the draw. Her previous team did nothing for her. Size never matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is baffling to me that the head of a club and their employee would start this whole airing of LBC laundry and then try to end it with this long bashing of a family who only bent over backwards to helped them. The coach they are referring to yelled all the time, always cancelled practices, and had a rec coach mentality that everyone got to play and the team stopped winning tournaments. When parents voiced their concerns they were told by this head that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to and they did. It looks like karma is coming back to who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, phew. I was scared there for a minute. Glad to see amongst everything going on in the world these days, lax parents are still all about themselves and what they think they are entitled to. Keep going! Keep the spirit alive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl on the 25's did not leave to focus on basketball or her height. Height isn't a guarantee to win the draw. It also requires technic and strength. They were promised a draw coach and that did not happen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard the same thing about the girl that did the 25 draw that she left to go to another team who would be able to help her with her draw. The other team she was with did nothing to help her. And I’m sure size had nothing to do with it. She was great at it regardless of size from what everyone saw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
***technique***

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the 25 draw girl go play? Was she on another team this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to say that they left because they didn't win. The LBC 24 team only lost a couple games the entire spring and summer. My daughter played on this team and the coach was great and the parents that left requested this coach. They also requested to not have the goalie that they currently have at Maryland United. Actually the 24 team probably lost about the same number of games last summer that Maryland United won this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl on the 25's who did the draw last year did not leave to focus on basketball or her height. Height is only one part of the draw. It also requires strength and technique. They were promised a draw coach and that never happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is baffling to me that the head of a club and their employee would start this whole airing of LBC laundry and then try to end it with this long bashing of a family who only bent over backwards to helped them. The coach they are referring to yelled all the time, always cancelled practices, and had a rec coach mentality that everyone got to play and the team stopped winning tournaments. When parents voiced their concerns they were told by this head that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to and they did. It looks like karma is coming back to who?

Our daughter did not have the same feeling about this team. We had lost 3 key players to other organizations prior to last year. That had much to do with our success. Yes, the coach was boisterous, but never negative. There were a few parents that were extremely vocal, but were considered way too dramatic from our perspective. We left LBC FOR 1 simple fact, exposure for our daughter. LBC claims to play in the most competitive tournaments, however the reality is the opposite. MDU plays in the best tournaments and get much better exposure. No need to disparage anyone, even the directors as this is out of their control.

Good luck to everyone during the recruiting process regardless of organization affiliation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our daughter did not have the same feeling about this team. We had lost 3 key players to other organizations prior to last year. That had much to do with our success. Yes, the coach was boisterous, but never negative. There were a few parents that were extremely vocal, but were considered way too dramatic from our perspective. We left LBC FOR 1 simple fact, exposure for our daughter. LBC claims to play in the most competitive tournaments, however the reality is the opposite. MDU plays in the best tournaments and get much better exposure. No need to disparage anyone, even the directors as this is out of their control.

Good luck to everyone during the recruiting process regardless of organization affiliation.
2025 we are talking about. Mentioning recruiting is ridiculous and you should get your head examined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee, this is obviously written by one of the mentioned ex parents and it kind of says everything. They left because they couldn’t get their way 👶 Try that as your girls get older and you will see how far that goes - no matter how much money you throw at them. You made my point for me. And I can assure you I am not the directors or their “employee” 🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is not on mdu 2025 and I think the rumors of her draw dominance are slightly overrated. At least from my opinion watching them for the past 2-3 years.
She and her family did come to a Mdu practice held her nose in the air and wouldn’t associate with the girls. However, tryouts are soon. Hopefully rumors of “better than thou” attitude aren’t true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting 2025’s at this point. Funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, someone has obviously drank the Maryland United koolaid. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts 3 years from now when you are approaching actual recruiting and you are just 1 of many and not really getting any true assistance. I’ve had two daughters go through it already and I can assure you that MDU will not have your daughter’s best interests in mind. That is why our youngest is with another club. And our older girls were always on East and were starters. It’s easy to get lost in the crowd and their club priorities (vs what’s best for the student athlete). I’m sure you think your daughter is special and different but I can assure you she isn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wow, someone has obviously drank the Maryland United koolaid. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts 3 years from now when you are approaching actual recruiting and you are just 1 of many and not really getting any true assistance. I’ve had two daughters go through it already and I can assure you that MDU will not have your daughter’s best interests in mind. That is why our youngest is with another club. And our older girls were always on East and were starters. It’s easy to get lost in the crowd and their club priorities (vs what’s best for the student athlete). I’m sure you think your daughter is special and different but I can assure you she isn’t.

Having multiple kids in multiple boys and girls lax clubs, they all have pros and cons. Find one that keeps your kid engaged and happy. If they are not, they will quit soph/junior year and detest lax. If not sooner.

MDU is as solid as they come. The Dir is engaged, communicates very well and the girls love her. There are draw clinics by former players and older girls currently at MDU and people know they have solid goalie attention at every practice. MDU has its cons too. Do you see MDU going to the Mid-atlantic championships? This has been a gripe for awhile for some MDU families. No one or club is perfect for every family.

Let me know any club that has 8-9 age brackets with two teams each, and can give individual lessons to every kid. YOU have to schedule these with outside coaches in addition to the normal practices, and that is every club. Not sure what people expect with clubs having over 300 kids. Oh wait, these are comments from families that haven't gone through the actual full recruiting process. Enjoy!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be some truth to her abilities since you’ve been watching “her” 2-3 years and even remember her for that fact. It’s scary that you are stalking a 13 year old and her family and know the exact day she visited an MDU practice and what her actions were at that practice. Haters are always going to detest. CREEPY .......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+1

Find one that keeps your kid engaged and happy. If they are not, they will quit soph/junior year and detest lax. If not sooner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you Dan! I bet no one calls to hear the real reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you Dan! I bet no one calls to hear the real reason.

Amen, it’s due to being “whiny parents” that tried to dictate your children’s situations on their teams. That is what is really CRREPY!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been brought to my attention that my 13 year old daughter is getting discussed and false assumptions/rumors are being discussed on this forum. I am her father and if someone has something to say in regards to her please bring it directly to my attention and we can discuss it like adults. To have adults sitting on a forum talking about a 13 year old is complete ignorance and I would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion with those individuals. I am not going to get into the reason why my daughter left LBC last summer, but I can tell you it was not for basketball nor any other sport. I would assume if people who are sitting on this forum talking about my daughter knew the real reason why we left and the lack of support we received from LBC when the issue occurred, it wouldn’t be up for debate.

Dan R
Sorry you have to deal with reading about your daughter on this forum. My daughter was attacked on this site when she switched teams, by her former team’s parents. She saw the posts, because these girls do read these forums. I sat back and watched the comments of cowards fuel her fire. Good luck to your daughter this summer. I hope she shuts everyone up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were multiple teams signed up for the Impulse Lax Fest that have dropped out, pretty short notice. Can any of those families provide a reason why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly being exposed to someone who just tested positive with COVID-19

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the games today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot and humid. Some fields soggy and wet and some fields nice and dry. MD Blk looked to be in regular season form dominating all teams. At least until Championship games come up against Heros green. (Oops!)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at a Skywalkers? How does the blue team lose to MND Red. What issues are brewing behind the scenes? Will we see skywalkers players at other tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at a Skywalkers? How does the blue team lose to MND Red. What issues are brewing behind the scenes? Will we see skywalkers players at other tryouts?
Get. A. Life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to that is NO. They'll stay where they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a chance that the Red team is on par with "A Teams"? I mean they have athletic players and good coaching, so why couldn't they beat Skywalkers or any other team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is true not all "B" teams are the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers had a joke NGLL schedule. They played two 0-8 teams and one 1-7 team. They only had 1 win against a team with a winning record. And get blown out by M&D 19-1, which is M&D's biggest goal differential for the season. There is probably 6 other teams in the pool that would have made the playoffs if they had Sky Walkers schedule.

Could you please explain why you posted this? What team does your daughter play for? Who are the other 6 teams that could have made it? Pride definitely is very talented. HOCO might have had a shot. Not sure who else you are considering.

You could have mentioned that:
1. Sky Walkers played Hero's tough in the NGLL semifinal. Sky Walkers was beating them at the half but Hero's was able to control the draws and played extremely well in the second half. Hero's is very talented and ended up winning NGLL for the 2nd year in a row.
2. Sky Walkers tied M&D in the Capital City Lax Festival Tournament. That was exciting considering the high level of respect Sky Walkers has for M&D.
3. Sky Walkers held the Yellow Jackets to 5 points at the MidAtlantic Summer Club Championships.
4. Sky Walkers had nothing to do with the NGLL schedule. There were many weak teams that had to play someone.

Sky Walkers consistently enters the toughest tournaments and plays the hardest teams--look it up for yourself. Their record at tournaments may not always be the best, but they are always looking to play the best--M&D, Hero's, Yellow Jackets, Pride, etc.

Best of luck to your team and your daughter.

????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot and humid. Some fields soggy and wet and some fields nice and dry. MD Blk looked to be in regular season form dominating all teams. At least until Championship games come up against Heros green. (Oops!)
Just like a Hero’s parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW younger teams are fluid with some players actually playing UP and movement up and down between Blue and White. Traditionally, their high school teams are much better as players develop skills and additions are made from other clubs both locally and out of state. Their 21, 22 and 23 teams are among the best in the country. This 25 team will have different dynamics in a couple years for sure.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 58 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard