Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #303572 07/05/20 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To my understanding, she left to go to another team who would be able to help her with her draw. The previous club she was with did nothing to help her. Size had nothing to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #303573 07/05/20 06:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To my understanding, she left to go to another team that would help her with the draw. Her previous team did nothing for her. Size never matter.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303578 07/06/20 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is baffling to me that the head of a club and their employee would start this whole airing of LBC laundry and then try to end it with this long bashing of a family who only bent over backwards to helped them. The coach they are referring to yelled all the time, always cancelled practices, and had a rec coach mentality that everyone got to play and the team stopped winning tournaments. When parents voiced their concerns they were told by this head that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to and they did. It looks like karma is coming back to who?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303580 07/06/20 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, phew. I was scared there for a minute. Glad to see amongst everything going on in the world these days, lax parents are still all about themselves and what they think they are entitled to. Keep going! Keep the spirit alive!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303585 07/06/20 10:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl on the 25's did not leave to focus on basketball or her height. Height isn't a guarantee to win the draw. It also requires technic and strength. They were promised a draw coach and that did not happen.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303588 07/06/20 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard the same thing about the girl that did the 25 draw that she left to go to another team who would be able to help her with her draw. The other team she was with did nothing to help her. And I’m sure size had nothing to do with it. She was great at it regardless of size from what everyone saw.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303589 07/06/20 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
***technique***

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303591 07/06/20 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the 25 draw girl go play? Was she on another team this year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303592 07/06/20 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to say that they left because they didn't win. The LBC 24 team only lost a couple games the entire spring and summer. My daughter played on this team and the coach was great and the parents that left requested this coach. They also requested to not have the goalie that they currently have at Maryland United. Actually the 24 team probably lost about the same number of games last summer that Maryland United won this fall.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303593 07/06/20 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girl on the 25's who did the draw last year did not leave to focus on basketball or her height. Height is only one part of the draw. It also requires strength and technique. They were promised a draw coach and that never happened.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303604 07/06/20 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is baffling to me that the head of a club and their employee would start this whole airing of LBC laundry and then try to end it with this long bashing of a family who only bent over backwards to helped them. The coach they are referring to yelled all the time, always cancelled practices, and had a rec coach mentality that everyone got to play and the team stopped winning tournaments. When parents voiced their concerns they were told by this head that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to and they did. It looks like karma is coming back to who?

Our daughter did not have the same feeling about this team. We had lost 3 key players to other organizations prior to last year. That had much to do with our success. Yes, the coach was boisterous, but never negative. There were a few parents that were extremely vocal, but were considered way too dramatic from our perspective. We left LBC FOR 1 simple fact, exposure for our daughter. LBC claims to play in the most competitive tournaments, however the reality is the opposite. MDU plays in the best tournaments and get much better exposure. No need to disparage anyone, even the directors as this is out of their control.

Good luck to everyone during the recruiting process regardless of organization affiliation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303606 07/06/20 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our daughter did not have the same feeling about this team. We had lost 3 key players to other organizations prior to last year. That had much to do with our success. Yes, the coach was boisterous, but never negative. There were a few parents that were extremely vocal, but were considered way too dramatic from our perspective. We left LBC FOR 1 simple fact, exposure for our daughter. LBC claims to play in the most competitive tournaments, however the reality is the opposite. MDU plays in the best tournaments and get much better exposure. No need to disparage anyone, even the directors as this is out of their control.

Good luck to everyone during the recruiting process regardless of organization affiliation.
2025 we are talking about. Mentioning recruiting is ridiculous and you should get your head examined.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303616 07/06/20 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee, this is obviously written by one of the mentioned ex parents and it kind of says everything. They left because they couldn’t get their way 👶 Try that as your girls get older and you will see how far that goes - no matter how much money you throw at them. You made my point for me. And I can assure you I am not the directors or their “employee” 🙄

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303618 07/06/20 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is not on mdu 2025 and I think the rumors of her draw dominance are slightly overrated. At least from my opinion watching them for the past 2-3 years.
She and her family did come to a Mdu practice held her nose in the air and wouldn’t associate with the girls. However, tryouts are soon. Hopefully rumors of “better than thou” attitude aren’t true.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303619 07/06/20 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting 2025’s at this point. Funny

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37