BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 311 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
many 21's in the wind with all this pray they get FALL. How much will 22's get recruited if there is no summer?

21's not already recruited will have the hardest time if there is no summer. The 21's better pick a school or two, contact the coach and follow up with email/video . Attend anything coach will be at this fall, including prospect camp. Being from traditional ares will have a big advantage .

22's will all be in same boat so I don't see them having a big disadvantage to each other, but they will be later than usual , including everyone, not just the ones already recruited and the rest playing catch up.

The biggest recruiting issue I see is the NCAA giving all classes another year. The 2020,2021, 2022 and even some 2023, will have to compete against 4 college classes every year, along with their on incoming class. This year seeing what a mess the transfer portal is, and with seniors staying an extra year. Mercenary players going to colleges for one year to play with no loyalty to school. Total wrong move by NCAA. This isn't the pro's. The college athletic was not to look like what is happening now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many 21's in the wind with all this pray they get FALL. How much will 22's get recruited if there is no summer?

21's not already recruited will have the hardest time if there is no summer. The 21's better pick a school or two, contact the coach and follow up with email/video . Attend anything coach will be at this fall, including prospect camp. Being from traditional ares will have a big advantage .

22's will all be in same boat so I don't see them having a big disadvantage to each other, but they will be later than usual , including everyone, not just the ones already recruited and the rest playing catch up.

The biggest recruiting issue I see is the NCAA giving all classes another year. The 2020,2021, 2022 and even some 2023, will have to compete against 4 college classes every year, along with their on incoming class. This year seeing what a mess the transfer portal is, and with seniors staying an extra year. Mercenary players going to colleges for one year to play with no loyalty to school. Total wrong move by NCAA. This isn't the pro's. The college athletic was not to look like what is happening now.

HS athletics should not have the poison of holdbacks doing a prefirst or grade repeat either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HS athletics should not have the poison of holdbacks doing a prefirst or grade repeat either

Bottom line if your kid can play he will be fine. If not you blame the corona virus on not being recruited. You have a excuse to use now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line if your kid can play he will be fine. If not you blame the corona virus on not being recruited. You have a excuse to use now.

We will see Holdback dad. You are dreaming if you think your holdback will play in first few years. Only a very few Top 2020's will see the field on any top team. IL HS player ranking means nothing in college, it is who is in front of you. And now, you have an extra class in front. After looking at landscape, I see PG year in for your son. Maybe two and then a Redshirt, that might get him there.

I see the Ivy's starting to take more transfers of Soph and Juniors now. They will be coming from other programs grabbing a mercenary or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see Holdback dad. You are dreaming if you think your holdback will play in first few years. Only a very few Top 2020's will see the field on any top team. IL HS player ranking means nothing in college, it is who is in front of you. And now, you have an extra class in front. After looking at landscape, I see PG year in for your son. Maybe two and then a Redshirt, that might get him there.

I see the Ivy's starting to take more transfers of Soph and Juniors now. They will be coming from other programs grabbing a mercenary or two.

Glad I came to read tonight. The expert is on. Awesome. Tell us more.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad I came to read tonight. The expert is on. Awesome. Tell us more.

Glad to help Francis !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most high school participating in the Corrigan High School Championships?

July 6-10 seems like it could still be too early for contact sports to be allowed.

It would be great for the kids to be able to play together at least for a few days.

The Rivals fall tourney worked out great, so hopefully this will also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

July 6-10 seems like it could still be too early for contact sports to be allowed.

It would be great for the kids to be able to play together at least for a few days.

Says 16 teams in each div, so not all will participate. 2 div for boys (Private and Public). They tagged some MIAA teams and Bullis on announcement. Not sure how that event can happen considering most club tournaments are being moved to July and Aug. Makes it tough for players to decide who to play for. HS team or the club team you pay to be on. Will see but if Calvert Hall is doing it. Go ahead and give them the trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says 16 teams in each div, so not all will participate. 2 div for boys (Private and Public). They tagged some MIAA teams and Bullis on announcement. Not sure how that event can happen considering most club tournaments are being moved to July and Aug. Makes it tough for players to decide who to play for. HS team or the club team you pay to be on. Will see but if Calvert Hall is doing it. Go ahead and give them the trophy.

Do they even need to be teams from same school? Looks like you can make All star teams and enter. Looks like just another summer tournament under the guise of HS Championship, Corrigan can have this and cant figure out when to schedule UA games? Something smells fishy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the NLF cancelled the NLF Championship this year in MA ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard they are moving recruiting events to states that are more open and the Maryland, Philly, and Long Island kids are flying there. Tennessee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No supposedly it’s on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its kids from all over the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on here have a real line on the thought process of having or not having tournaments like the UA,NLF,MAVERICK,NIKE,WARRIOR,NAPTOWN etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone on here have a real line on the thought process of having or not having tournaments like the UA,NLF,MAVERICK,NIKE,WARRIOR,NAPTOWN etc?

Unless some of them are planning on moving locations, the tournament directors have no idea whether they will be permitted to hold their events. Maryland is going very slowly (especially given its overall numbers). I wouldn't be surprised if events over 10 people remain prohibited well into Fall (or beyond if there is another wave).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget summer lacrosse. Fall sports are in question at this point.

Relax Francis, this will be over in a month or two max.

I think Sgt. Hulka was off on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To me, it looks like all of them are hoping for some miracle, which may arrive some time early next year hopefully( vaccine). In the meantime they are moving dates to a later time hoping that states open up more. I doubt any have any real concrete plans, just tentative hoping for the best as these tournaments are big time money makers.

As example from website, NLF has cancelled Opening weekend in Balt and moved their Elite 120 to a date TBD. Their Big NLF Championship is supposed to go still in July, but they have an alternative date in late Aug.

Their NLF Allstar Event is still supposed to go in July still and UA cant even figure out what day to have it. I doubt either goes. as they need to coordinate all the regions tryouts, with many tryouts TBD later.

Naptown has already postponed to new date which will go right after new date of Crabfeast.

So many different dates on tournaments and many still changing. And to add to the confusion, Dead Period for DI College recruiting is until July 31st now. D2 is till end of June, and D3 has its own path but usually follows D1. So that is also different this year. These tournaments depend on college coaches being there

In other words a BIG MESS and be prepared for midweek games along with whatever else comes your way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard NLF moved from UMass to the parking garage in Delaware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one ? I need to get a hotel nearby ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe there is a good chance Spring Sports are close to being canceled in the next week or two. Colleges around the area are prepping already for closures and online education; HS in PA are cancelling out of state travel, local HS are canceling meetings. I honestly do not think the season will be completed this year.

Nothing would shock me. They may have to condense the HOCO season into less weeks.

Colleges need to clear out dorms and cluster living, the main reason schools are closing. High schools don’t have that issue. Relax and quit adding to the panic.

How is this 👆🏼 guy doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which one ? I need to get a hotel nearby ?

Kirkwood

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the word on the showcase in Tennessee at the end of the month? Seems a lot of the top players are going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the name of the TN showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

I think I just saw something on Twitter about them... Broadneck HS posted that the Baltimore tryout is July 21-22 at Blandair Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If its safe and people smarter than me say its ok then lets play a few games. If the experts say no then lets wait however assuming we can play (at least for NY and tri state area) I don't understand the need for travel. Primetime, 91, Express, shore 2 shore, eclipse, 2way, predators (even some jersey teams that I didnt mention bc I dont know whee they are located in Jersey) etc . . could easily play multiple weekends against each other and have great competition. Keep driving to a minimum (approx 2 hrs). Teams could play a 3 consecutive weekend round robin. No finals no playoffs, JUST PLAY!! I know there are many more teams at all levels. Get the coaches together and try to match competition. Games could be videotaped or streamed or something else for the ages that want recruiting. This would seem to be very simply done and all travel eliminated. Again, this is if the powers that be say all is good to play and its done in a way that complies with all CDC or state rules allowing sports. Also if we cant play we wait until the fall but at least there is no travel to Delaware, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida or MD or anywhere else places are trying to have tourneys or games!.Just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh one of my favorite quotes from twits on this forum. I go back to this bc I posted this about the fall and while I truly want schools to open (my son plays football and lax at one of the founders league schools) this was released by the Founders League today. I post this bc almost EVERYONE says let go play. The problem with this mentality is rates will spike and the FALL will be shut down. For a summer of lax and sports and beach etc . . .the Fall shut down when kids go to school would truly be heartbreaking and more importantly bad for morale and mental health. BTW, I want my son playing and training with all his friends and having sleepovers and going to crowded beaches and all the usual awesome kids stuff over the summer!

"The Founders League, recognizing the critical challenges posed by the COVID crisis that require further study, will make a decision about interscholastic competition within the League for the coming year in the latter half of July, 2020. following the guidelines set out recently by the State of Connecticut Higher Education/Residential Education and K-12 Independent School COVID Task Forces regarding social distancing, the use of PPE, and other safety measures designed to mitigate the risk of transmission, we are focusing on the issue of safety and student well-being in trying to find commensurate ways to undertake team sports and interscholastic athletic competition."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

cases on the rise. I don't see summer happening

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2022 players heading to tenn at the end of the month. Supposed to be live streamed. Let’s GO!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2022 players heading to tenn at the end of the month. Supposed to be live streamed. Let’s GO!!

No stream just video.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

Ha. Cmon CNN. Seriously?? Yea, we believe those stats. No lax but you can get together and protest around the country. Wake up lemming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 2022’s headed to Tennessee lol don’t believe the hype. It’s a money grap. Let us know how many college coaches are there. It’s a dead period. Btw if you are a top 22 you don’t need to travel to Tennessee. Coaches all ready know who the top players are. They will find fine you. If you can play you can play period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 2022’s headed to Tennessee lol don’t believe the hype. It’s a money grap. Let us know how many college coaches are there. It’s a dead period. Btw if you are a top 22 you don’t need to travel to Tennessee. Coaches all ready know who the top players are. They will find fine you. If you can play you can play period.

Ha! Every coach in the country is waiting for the film of these kids. Money grab? Its three days less than $500! (on waitlist) The kids are just names on a list at this point and sure they will be found but help the coaches find them and see them- they didn't have a hs season!!! Now they will have film and recruit them. ESPN filming. No clubs just kids. I haven't seen a roster but it sounded like every top 10 will be there at every position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"you don’t need to travel to Tennessee. Coaches all ready know who the top players are. They will find fine you. If you can play you can play period." Hey couch potato: these kids want to go play more than get recruited! Good for them to get the chance... enough wall ball time to play... its all highschool coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"you don’t need to travel to Tennessee. Coaches all ready know who the top players are. They will find fine you. If you can play you can play period." Hey couch potato: these kids want to go play more than get recruited! Good for them to get the chance... enough wall ball time to play... its all highschool coaches

Someone didn’t get an invite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone didn’t get an invite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure your right. Kids at home will have a much better chance at getting better. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would love to see roster of invites for Tennessee and compare to all the other political bs player rankings/lists

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

Ha. Cmon CNN. Seriously?? Yea, we believe those stats. No lax but you can get together and protest around the country. Wake up lemming.

Yup CNN - where facts matter. But if you want FOX - here u go.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-c...any-areas-while-europes-decline-cdc-says

As for event - I am sure per TN guidelines everything will be filed and event will go.

https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery/noncontact-sports.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on UA tryouts?

Yup CNN - where facts matter. But if you want FOX - here u go.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-c...any-areas-while-europes-decline-cdc-says

As for event - I am sure per TN guidelines everything will be filed and event will go.

https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19/economic-recovery/noncontact-sports.html

Yes, thank God for a reasonable Tennessee!

"Contact sporting events and activities" does not include training or otherwise engaging in elements or aspects of such sports or activities in a manner that do not involve close contact with other persons." "Venues, teams and leagues should be mindful of applicable orders and ensure that their activities facilitate compliance with them."

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 311 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard