BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,636
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 313 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe there is a good chance Spring Sports are close to being canceled in the next week or two. Colleges around the area are prepping already for closures and online education; HS in PA are cancelling out of state travel, local HS are canceling meetings. I honestly do not think the season will be completed this year.

Nothing would shock me. They may have to condense the HOCO season into less weeks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe there is a good chance Spring Sports are close to being canceled in the next week or two. Colleges around the area are prepping already for closures and online education; HS in PA are cancelling out of state travel, local HS are canceling meetings. I honestly do not think the season will be completed this year.

Nothing would shock me. They may have to condense the HOCO season into less weeks.

Ivy league just CANCELLED seasons for all spring sports and sending kids home...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges need to clear out dorms and cluster living, the main reason schools are closing. High schools don’t have that issue. Relax and quit adding to the panic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anne Arundel County Public Schools banning fans at High School games this spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges need to clear out dorms and cluster living, the main reason schools are closing. High schools don’t have that issue. Relax and quit adding to the panic.

Doubt it. Panic coming. Wont be long before a few players have it in HS and that will be that. NBA just suspended season due to a few players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I believe there is a good chance Spring Sports are close to being canceled in the next week or two. Colleges around the area are prepping already for closures and online education; HS in PA are cancelling out of state travel, local HS are canceling meetings. I honestly do not think the season will be completed this year.

Doubt it. Panic coming. Wont be long before a few players have it in HS and that will be that. NBA just suspended season due to a few players.

- The school season is on hold for a few weeks. College seasons are cancelled. There is a lot of uncertainty and concern about what to do. There will many many unexpected changes to accommodate these unprecedented times with locally and nationally. Lacrosse is a game we play that becomes part of our everyday lives. Use it for good. Be supportive. Be positive. Kids young and old, have had their routines and worlds shaken. Adults young and old too. So adults, be adults and lead your families and friends through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I believe there is a good chance Spring Sports are close to being canceled in the next week or two. Colleges around the area are prepping already for closures and online education; HS in PA are cancelling out of state travel, local HS are canceling meetings. I honestly do not think the season will be completed this year.

- The school season is on hold for a few weeks. College seasons are cancelled. There is a lot of uncertainty and concern about what to do. There will many many unexpected changes to accommodate these unprecedented times with locally and nationally. Lacrosse is a game we play that becomes part of our everyday lives. Use it for good. Be supportive. Be positive. Kids young and old, have had their routines and worlds shaken. Adults young and old too. So adults, be adults and lead your families and friends through.

I see disaster coming. With over 300 million people stuck in their house, the hospitals may not get over run, but I see all psycho wards being overrun with parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see disaster coming. With over 300 million people stuck in their house, the hospitals may not get over run, but I see all psycho wards being overrun with parents.

One high schooler and a college freshman back home full time. Pray for us. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏼This guy is probably in line at Giant getting toilet paper now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA granting a year back to spring athletes. This will have an interesting impact on recruiting this summer, transfers, and roster depth. Hmmmm. Should be interesting if Ivy and Patriot do not allow for an exemption to those students to play after undergrad. 50 kids from each Ivy and Patriot team will have a year of eligibility to take elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA granting a year back to spring athletes. This will have an interesting impact on recruiting this summer, transfers, and roster depth. Hmmmm. Should be interesting if Ivy and Patriot do not allow for an exemption to those students to play after undergrad. 50 kids from each Ivy and Patriot team will have a year of eligibility to take elsewhere.

I'm guessing most will simply graduate and start cashing in on that Ivy League diploma. I'm sure some will enter graduate programs somewhere and maybe play lacrosse, but I don't think it will have a noticeable impact.

I do wonder if the NCAA and schools will agree on some roster exemptions to accommodate them. Would stink for Class of 2020 recruits and underclassman to get penalized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm guessing most will simply graduate and start cashing in on that Ivy League diploma. I'm sure some will enter graduate programs somewhere and maybe play lacrosse, but I don't think it will have a noticeable impact.

I do wonder if the NCAA and schools will agree on some roster exemptions to accommodate them. Would stink for Class of 2020 recruits and underclassman to get penalized.

Yes, hopefully the incoming freshmen will get some sort of consideration regarding eligibility. They were the class that got snagged in the recruiting rule changes, will likely lose their senior seasons, and then become a second freshman class once they arrive on a college campus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NCAA granting a year back to spring athletes. This will have an interesting impact on recruiting this summer, transfers, and roster depth. Hmmmm. Should be interesting if Ivy and Patriot do not allow for an exemption to those students to play after undergrad. 50 kids from each Ivy and Patriot team will have a year of eligibility to take elsewhere.

Yes, hopefully the incoming freshmen will get some sort of consideration regarding eligibility. They were the class that got snagged in the recruiting rule changes, will likely lose their senior seasons, and then become a second freshman class once they arrive on a college campus.

q. 12.5 means 12.5. Its going to get a little tricky to accommodate 5 classes on one team... perhaps there will be a silver lining in all this. The 2020-2023 classes could find themselves in awkward positions with a lot fewer recruits making the teams. Better be real good, real smart, or both. Could be that more programs follow a 5 year plan? Could be a lot of things and I guess only time will tell. But at least the players get a year back if they want it. The transfer portal should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF the high school seasons happen, college coaches can hit the recruiting trail early and catch quality lacrosse vs having only the summer club circuit for in person evaluations. THAT would be a great unintended consequence. Can you imagine not having to go through the pains of awful summer club lacrosse? The MIAA is blessed with top to bottom quality week in week out. We could actually be done in June and avoid the garbage-show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 and 2021 High School classes have been on a roller coaster ride since early recruiting. 2020 received offers and then were quickly told, no contact with Coach. 2021 were just about to get offers and then poof..nothing coming your way.

Now 2020 High School class will have to deal with the 2019 incoming freshman class their first year along with many 5th year college players coming back.

Many 2021 have been picked up already, but now they will be behind a double college freshman class.

I see PG and redshirts in the future for many 2020 and 2021 HS classes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 and 2021 High School classes have been on a roller coaster ride since early recruiting. 2020 received offers and then were quickly told, no contact with Coach. 2021 were just about to get offers and then poof..nothing coming your way.

Now 2020 High School class will have to deal with the 2019 incoming freshman class their first year along with many 5th year college players coming back.

Many 2021 have been picked up already, but now they will be behind a double college freshman class.

2020s would have to deal with the 19s anyway. All scholarship 20s already have signed NLIs and have been accepted/told they are being accepted.

21s will suffer if Sr.’s stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players will still play. The best players will still get the scholarships. It will take 4 years (thru 2024 season) to satisfy the 5 year eligible players. Why not stay for your masters or transfer to another school to start PG work. The issue will be 12.5 scholarships and a few kids that are dead weight will likely have to be cut. Only 2.5 scholarships per class (if fully funded) is tough to recruit with (that's about 2-3 less kids). However, the extra year could/should make the teams stronger/deeper. FA and Merit awards become even more important I guess for 99% of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players will still play. The best players will still get the scholarships. It will take 4 years (thru 2024 season) to satisfy the 5 year eligible players. Why not stay for your masters or transfer to another school to start PG work. The issue will be 12.5 scholarships and a few kids that are dead weight will likely have to be cut. Only 2.5 scholarships per class (if fully funded) is tough to recruit with (that's about 2-3 less kids). However, the extra year could/should make the teams stronger/deeper. FA and Merit awards become even more important I guess for 99% of the players.

Agree about the College teams being stronger. 5 years worth of players along with increased skill level of year round club players will make for some highly skilled college teams at all levels.

Unfortunately many players with good skills hoping to be on a college lacrosse team will not be there as in the past. Years past they could have been backups and practice players who enjoyed just being there. Those players will be gone along with the hidden gem who gets no looks now. The best players in hot beds and outliers in non hotbed areas will still get looks and be on teams, just might be harder to be a starter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any MIAA teams still practicing ? Public schools are not practicing as far as I can tell.

BL school site has games cancelled until April 14 as does Gilman. McD has April 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public schools are not practicing, other than possibly some captain's practices. But from what I'm hearing, even those are probably few and far between because enough parents don't want their kids going out.

I'm actually considering contacting my son's club coach to see if maybe the Club would consider a practice - just to get the kids out doing something. I doubt it will happen though - I'm guessing the insurance carrier would flip out. frown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any MIAA teams still practicing ? Public schools are not practicing as far as I can tell.

BL school site has games cancelled until April 14 as does Gilman. McD has April 3.

MIAA teams are prohibited from practicing until after league brass formally reconvenes. Captains practices are also prohibited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CDC is recommending no gatherings over 50 people for 8 weeks. Kiss the season goodbye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CDC is recommending no gatherings over 50 people for 8 weeks. Kiss the season goodbye.

That is it then. Schools will not go against CDC. Season Over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So much for Spaldings Championship run. darn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was over as quick as your sons attempt at making Spalding Varsity. Always next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.[/quote

The NCAA and their liberal leadership get it wrong again. Let it play out before making any emotional and irrational decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is NCAA granting eligibility to the senior or to all classes affected this year? I understood and hope, it’s just to seniors. Many underclassmen never see the field in the first place.

In response to the cancellation of collegiate spring sports due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA Division I Council Committee has recommended that eligibility relief be provided to all student-athletes who participate in spring sports.[/quote

The NCAA and their liberal leadership get it wrong again. Let it play out before making any emotional and irrational decisions.

The NCAA decision sounds personal to you. Not sure why giving these men another year is an issue. They played 5 games. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does an extra year of eligibility even mean? It sounds an awful lot like paying for an extra year of college to play a dead end sport to me. Now, if the NCAA said everyone gets a free year of college, that would be exciting news. Fat chance of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does an extra year of eligibility even mean? It sounds an awful lot like paying for an extra year of college to play a dead end sport to me. Now, if the NCAA said everyone gets a free year of college, that would be exciting news. Fat chance of that.

You're talking about kids whose parents have invested thousands and thousands of dollars in club fees year in and year out, personal coaches, camps, showcases, shooting clinics, private school, gear, travel, etc. to play this dead end sport in college. I think at least half the senior will come back especially if they get playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means very little to a sport like lacrosse. On a roster of 44 players at Maryland, only about 8 are seniors and only a few them actually play. The ones not on the field won't get time next year just because they repeated. It's a tuition grab, plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like theres a good chance we are going to lose our whole season and graduation too. So shut the front door and go sign the MIAA petition and help us.

Signed all MIAA Seniors who want their parents to shut the front door.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means very little to a sport like lacrosse. On a roster of 44 players at Maryland, only about 8 are seniors and only a few them actually play. The ones not on the field won't get time next year just because they repeated. It's a tuition grab, plain and simple.

Cut it out. You clearly have no idea what it means to be a part of something greater than yourself. No one will be forced to return or take a 5th year. Its just nice to know the option is out there. Some may wish to start graduate studies when its time, others will move on. And to say it means "very little to a sport like lacrosse" only proves you know nothing about what it means to be a part of the great sport. Lifetime lockeroom of friends and teammates that play for the joy of playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cut it out. You clearly have no idea what it means to be a part of something greater than yourself. No one will be forced to return or take a 5th year. Its just nice to know the option is out there. Some may wish to start graduate studies when its time, others will move on. And to say it means "very little to a sport like lacrosse" only proves you know nothing about what it means to be a part of the great sport. Lifetime lockeroom of friends and teammates that play for the joy of playing.

What in the world are you babbling about? You post some emotional bs but then say some will stay and some will go - meaning there will be little effect except for a few grad students or late credit seniors. Either way, it's extra paid tuition for the university.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCAA decision sounds personal to you. Not sure why giving these men another year is an issue. They played 5 games. Get a grip.

Let what play out?? The season has already been cancelled. unfortunately, it HAS played out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have an inside source on the HS Leagues? What’s the word?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have an inside source on the HS Leagues? What’s the word?

Hard to see them having a season with all that is going on.

CH head Coach Kelly in interview with Booker two days ago was optimistic about getting in MIAA season if they started in later part of April. So he still has hope.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 313 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard