BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 131 of 144 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets just say that they can pull off some tournaments in August. Question is, how many parents are going to put the safety and well being of their sons/daughters, teammates, officials and families and not allow their kids to participate ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish teams would just start fresh next season. Trying to patch work 5 or 6 weeks in July and August seems like a waste. Are fields going to issue permits to practice. Are kids supposed to wear masks under their helmets. 25 kids are standing next to each other on the sidelines. If my son starts coughing are other parents going to be nervous? Hopefully school and fall sports are back in play come Sept. People should be reimbursed half the season. Maybe offer people a credit for next year. If they leave team send them a check. The teams that do this will have instant credibility. It’s a good move. Almost every business in the world for the year 2020 will take a loss. Club lax falls into that category. stink up the loss, hopefully the next 10 years will be as profitable as the previous 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wish teams would just start fresh next season. Trying to patch work 5 or 6 weeks in July and August seems like a waste. Are fields going to issue permits to practice. Are kids supposed to wear masks under their helmets. 25 kids are standing next to each other on the sidelines. If my son starts coughing are other parents going to be nervous? Hopefully school and fall sports are back in play come Sept. People should be reimbursed half the season. Maybe offer people a credit for next year. If they leave team send them a check. The teams that do this will have instant credibility. It’s a good move. Almost every business in the world for the year 2020 will take a loss. Club lax falls into that category. stink up the loss, hopefully the next 10 years will be as profitable as the previous 10 years.

I concur. My son hasn't been told the season is cancelled and like all teams, his team is pushing things back to late July or August. We reached out to the coach and said we are no go for the summer and to please hold his spot for the fall and/or next year. The coach understood as to the summer but did say if a better kid comes for his position he could lose the spot. I told my son and he said - OK. BTW he is a starter and may play college and loves the game but this summer is just not happening. Money and refund still being discussed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like this had happened in the past. There is no what have they done in the past. Worst things happening in the past is a tournament getting cancelled for bad weather. Usually another tournament is added or a new date is added. This is half the season being wiped out for a global virus. The right thing is to get a half refund for missing half the season. Will the right thing be done? That’s the magic question.

Half? Please, we have 3/4 of an uniform and 3 fall tourneys.....how does that equal to over $3,000? Hope he has a good bankruptcy attorney because the law suits will be coming.

I really hope it does not come down to that. I pray Coach C is right and they can pull this off in August. I don't see how but it is the best income.

Charging the last payment is the last straw for many Express families. We have endured years of mis-management, hungover college age coaches, 1.5 hour scrimmage with a ref as a replacement for a tourney, over sized rosters, being placed in tourneys that we had no business being in and Coach C giving up coaching my son's team mid season. It is all business from now on......provide services or issue refunds.

Believe it or not you got more than most clubs for your money. Looks like an extra tournament and a uniform more than my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 kids are standing next to each other on the sidelines.

You mean 40 kids standing next to each other and all of their parents packed in on the opposite sideline. This is Express we are talking about!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people really want to play in August?

Yes and the kids want to play as well.

Kids may want to do one tourney in August. They won’t want to play in that heat 4 weekends in a row. And if things open up a little and you can go away....go. Kids can use time away from the house after this garbage.

I'm giving the club until the end of June. At that time if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, we will move on in regards to this year. I refuse to sit on the edge of my seat waiting during this summer, hoping youth lax will take place. Thus far, my kid moved on from this season, enjoying other likes that were put on the back burner due to lax. If travel lax doesn't return to the fields this year, clubs will be forced to rethink many issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Do people really want to play in August?

Yes and the kids want to play as well.

Kids may want to do one tourney in August. They won’t want to play in that heat 4 weekends in a row. And if things open up a little and you can go away....go. Kids can use time away from the house after this garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think of the training email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think of the training email?

What does it say? We did not get one. Maybe age specific?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say it's age specific. It's several videos to train with. Apparently will be receiving weekly training videos from college/professional players and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1.5 weeks and zippo on new info or promised schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Team got the training videos. Other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those videos are well worth the cost if you can’t afford YouTube

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classic,training videos, hahaha. These videos cost a fortune to make, not. Just another way these clubs will try to keep the tuition payments.
YouTube premium subscription is 12 dollars per month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those videos are well worth the cost if you can’t afford YouTube

So true! I can't afford YouTube premium, but can afford to pay Express tuition north of 3K per season. I received a small refund back from my auto insurance. Although it wasn't much, it was the thought that count. Thinking about it more, I don't pay nearly as much for my auto insurance as i do for lax. It's not only Express, I spoke to other parents, it's the same story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College lax scene is contracting.....

Everyone, rich, middle class and poor are taking a financial hit....

Express is acting like nothing has changed. If they don’t get their head out of the ground and realize they are just not that important anymore (if they ever were), a rude awakening we s heading their way.

Instead of rallying the Express community to come together, they selfishly took last payment and then ghost it’s families. SMH.....not surprised though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all ghosted:
Igloo, 91, and S2S stole the money also. Bad business people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all ghosted:

Maybe just bad people?

Who does this to their clients in the middle of an historic pandemic?

Lax is now classified as the one of the sports with the highest risk of transmission. I can't see our endearing governor allowing anyone play lax for quite some time.

2 week, no schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tell tale sign of a bad company or business.......lack of communication.

Beginning of week 3, no comms, no schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruh: why don’t you just reach out to them rather than [ChillLaxin] n moan anonymously on a web forum. Talk about being a wuss... my kid’s team got the tentative plan for summer. There’s about a 5% chance it will happen, but I appreciate the attempt to at least entertain us. Situation stinks, without question...but this is also a free country. Take your dollars and complaining elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruh: why don’t you just reach out to them rather than [ChillLaxin] n moan anonymously on a web forum. Talk about being a wuss... my kid’s team got the tentative plan for summer. There’s about a 5% chance it will happen, but I appreciate the attempt to at least entertain us. Situation stinks, without question...but this is also a free country. Take your dollars and complaining elsewhere.

Can you share what team and what the schedule is?

Did you get a practice schedule too?

That could be some helpful info!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all ghosted:

Maybe just bad people?

Lax is now classified as the one of the sports with the highest risk of transmission. I can't see our endearing governor allowing anyone play lax for quite some time.

2 week, no schedule

In no way am I sticking up for any club or program, but maybe they haven't shared any info or a schedule because they probably don't know what the season will look like at this point (if there will be one).

I'm sure every single tournament has either been rescheduled, cancelled or is trying to secure an alternate date/location right now. I'm sure every single permit for field space is on hold, if not rescinded. I'm sure every single club needs to evaluate what players have received thus far vs what was promised in their tuition to gauge what type of credit/refund will be fair for each team. I'm sure there are dozens of other unanswerable questions right now.

I'm sure every tuition paying parent would like to hear from their club director(s) -- even if the information at this point is 'we just don't know what will happen for the summer, but as soon as we get a feel we will let you know'. But on the flip side, there are way more pressing things to gain clarity on than my son's and daughter's summer lacrosse team.

Sit tight.....answers will come in due time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all ghosted:

Maybe just bad people?

2 week, no schedule

In no way am I sticking up for any club or program, but maybe they haven't shared any info or a schedule because they probably don't know what the season will look like at this point (if there will be one).

I'm sure every single tournament has either been rescheduled, cancelled or is trying to secure an alternate date/location right now. I'm sure every single permit for field space is on hold, if not rescinded. I'm sure every single club needs to evaluate what players have received thus far vs what was promised in their tuition to gauge what type of credit/refund will be fair for each team. I'm sure there are dozens of other unanswerable questions right now.

I'm sure every tuition paying parent would like to hear from their club director(s) -- even if the information at this point is 'we just don't know what will happen for the summer, but as soon as we get a feel we will let you know'. But on the flip side, there are way more pressing things to gain clarity on than my son's and daughter's summer lacrosse team.

Sit tight.....answers will come in due time

A very reasonable statement. Where Express has gone wrong is not say communicating weekly or bi weekly AND
Taking the final payment. That’s what has parents upset.

Don’t take the final payment, say everything is fine and then ghost your families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Express teams participating in secret practices?

Could it be the teams that practice all year around?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Express teams participating in secret practices?

Could it be the teams that practice all year around?

Shhhhhhh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zoom meetings with the directors this week.......finally!

They seem to have a plan, at least its a path forward after a terrible start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For each team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For each team?

Grade level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you share what team and what the schedule is?

Did you get a practice schedule too?

That could be some helpful info!

Crickets Bruh?
Bruh-in-the-know, where is the love, bruh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For each team?

Grade level

For parents or the kids? Are you talking about coach meetings? Or are all the directors getting on a parent call by grade level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re scheduled dates of tournaments are set. Good that some express teams have been practicing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team has been practicing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re scheduled dates of tournaments are set. Good that some express teams have been practicing

Awful that they have been practicing. If I find out who it is, I will report it, they can get a $10,000 fine!! No coach should be doing this for so many reasons!! Not saying kids shouldn’t be practicing, but definitely not as a team! Not now! Maybe they’re practicing to try to avoid refunds?

https://aca-prod.accela.com/SUFFCO_REOPEN/Welcome.aspx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awful that they have been practicing. If I find out who it is, I will report it, they can get a $10,000 fine!! No coach should be doing this for so many reasons!! Not saying kids shouldn’t be practicing, but definitely not as a team! Not now! Maybe they’re practicing to try to avoid refunds?

Relax it’s in small groups same as legacy is doing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill out Karen..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what your link is to, doesn't work, but this is from the official Suffolk County reopening page:

CURRENTLY CLOSED
Download | Print

NAICS: 711211
Industry: Sports Teams and Clubs
Your business is located in Suffolk county, which is in region Long Island.
Businesses of your type and location are not currently allowed to reopen (unless you are already operating as an essential business), and will re-open in a future phase. Please see Link for more information about the phased re-opening plans for New York State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what your link is to, doesn't work, but this is from the official Suffolk County reopening page:

CURRENTLY CLOSED
Download | Print

NAICS: 711211
Industry: Sports Teams and Clubs
Your business is located in Suffolk county, which is in region Long Island.
Businesses of your type and location are not currently allowed to reopen (unless you are already operating as an essential business), and will re-open in a future phase. Please see Link for more information about the phased re-opening plans for New York State.

clearly someone stirring the pot, I call BS on the person saying there are LIE teams practicing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there Clinic's going on ? some Faceoff guy doing clinics everyday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zoom meeting was good, hard to see this actually happening but at least the directors are communicating.

I believe that the are acting now, in part to the posts on this forum.

Stay safe!

Like Reply Quote
Page 131 of 144 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard