BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 130 of 144 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct many other clubs took full payment months ago BUT Express had the opportunity to do the right thing before taking the final installment. The correct decision was to defer the final installment and continue to monitor the situation. instead they made a very poor decision. Express didn’t do the right thing by their families and they should get slammed for it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is correct many other clubs took full payment months ago BUT Express had the opportunity to do the right thing before taking the final installment. The correct decision was to defer the final installment and continue to monitor the situation. instead they made a very poor decision. Express didn’t do the right thing by their families and they should get slammed for it.

Reading back pages ago i thought they waved the payment before this ? Why would they automatically take this payment out with not even picking up a stick as a team ?? Also, why do you agree on automatic withdrawal from account or card. Guess thats how express does it ? Im Not with express, im just with another silent club that moves along like a Turtle doing B.S 30 min. zoom online , i guess to justify there actions but hasn't even said anything about that part of it , im waiting for that .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's ok, the numbers don't lie! Lax peaked out two years ago! Rabil's new pro league isn't generating the money they were projecting. A flood of kids playing lax with nothing at the end! Colleges board of directors carrying a sport with no revenue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's ok, the numbers don't lie! Lax peaked out two years ago! Rabil's new pro league isn't generating the money they were projecting. A flood of kids playing lax with nothing at the end! Colleges board of directors carrying a sport with no revenue!
?
stunad. DId you sign your kid up for youth sports hoping he would make a living out of playing the actual sport? PLL investors are on a 10 year plan. Furthermore, do you think the purpose of college sports is revenue? 70% of a big school like Texas get their revenue from Football. Now, look at the alumni network of the top lacrosse schools and tell me there isn't revenue. You and your kid run out of many programs because you're a stunad and he just isn't any good. The nothing at the end is what became of your super star HS career.....or was it middle school where you peaked?
Take your detest and failure elsewhere little buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been saying that for a long time . PLL is dead end . Trying to do a playoff on NBC if that dont work its finished . MLL on the island wont be back . People have to wake up wiith these clubs scamming the prices double what other states are . Im sone with club next yr. Anyone play St. Anthonys heard M.C collected $800 from every player for equipment durning the when birus was announced and his $60 weekend clinics. Shadyyyyy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's just as shady as the priests and brothers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading back pages ago i thought they waved the payment before this ? Why would they automatically take this payment out with not even picking up a stick as a team ?? Also, why do you agree on automatic withdrawal from account or card. Guess thats how express does it ? Im Not with express, im just with another silent club that moves along like a Turtle doing B.S 30 min. zoom online , i guess to justify there actions but hasn't even said anything about that part of it , im waiting for that .

Yes ONLY allows you to pay via CC. You have to sign up for automatic withdrawal, no other choice. Can't pay cash or check. Then salt in the wound, they charge you their credit card fees. That is Express in a nutshell.

Hope they are putting the final touches on the schedules to be released this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes ONLY allows you to pay via CC. You have to sign up for automatic withdrawal, no other choice. Can't pay cash or check. Then salt in the wound, they charge you their credit card fees. That is Express in a nutshell.

Hope they are putting the final touches on the schedules to be released this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been saying that for a long time . PLL is dead end . Trying to do a playoff on NBC if that dont work its finished . MLL on the island wont be back . People have to wake up wiith these clubs scamming the prices double what other states are . Im sone with club next yr. Anyone play St. Anthonys heard M.C collected $800 from every player for equipment durning the when birus was announced and his $60 weekend clinics. Shadyyyyy

He really collects $800 per player or is St. A's? He charges to coach at St. A's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is SHAME ON EXPRESS for being greedy and not giving 2 $hit$ about the people who are unemployed due to covid-19. I know I was affected and they took my payment which is about to get disputed ! I am sick of the greedy travel programs and I'm sure this isn't just and Express thing. Let me as a question, if the professionals are not playing in any sports WHY would they let kids go play ? Not to mention the thousands of people who show up to these tournaments ?????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it only takes one family w xx amount of kids to start a lawsuit. Litigation itself will put the clubs to bed, forget about the reputational hit. That's already done with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. MC is JV coach and that just didnt happen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGAIN ! NOT TRUE ! It never happened. Believe me we pay enough to send our kids to St. Anthony's if he tried that he would have been hung !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGAIN ! NOT TRUE ! It never happened. Believe me we pay enough to send our kids to St. Anthony's if he tried that he would have been hung !!!

Totally not true. Whoever wrote a post claiming we paid MC $800 for equipment for our kids to play SA lacrosse is a total stunad. Additionally, the he/she needs extreme help forming a simple sentence and spelling simple grammar school words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally not true. Whoever wrote a post claiming we paid MC $800 for equipment for our kids to play SA lacrosse is a total stunad. Additionally, the he/she needs extreme help forming a simple sentence and spelling simple grammar school words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally not true. Whoever wrote a post claiming we paid MC $800 for equipment for our kids to play SA lacrosse is a total stunad. Additionally, he/she needs extreme help forming a simple sentence and spelling simple grammar school words.

It was for apparel (swag)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The apparel package was optional for most items and the ones that were mandatory couldn't have been more than $150.00.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should be getting our schedules any minute now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything will be rescheduled that has been rescheduled already. I doubt there will be any tournaments till September. A lot of tournaments are being smart and just holding off on rescheduling so they don't have to do it twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything will be rescheduled that has been rescheduled already. I doubt there will be any tournaments till September. A lot of tournaments are being smart and just holding off on rescheduling so they don't have to do it twice.

what tournaments are in stone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will have to cancel the season soon. There is no way kids are going to be playing this year at all. My son was signed up for 4 prospect camps and all were cancelled. Now comes the big question will they refund or hold you money and apply it to next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools are preparing for online classes this fall. Hopefully this doesn’t happen, but it may. Fall sports are a long shot at this point. That means school sports and club sports in the fall is a maybe. How can anyone actually think a July or August lacrosse will happen. It’s not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools are preparing for online classes this fall. Hopefully this doesn’t happen, but it may. Fall sports are a long shot at this point. That means school sports and club sports in the fall is a maybe. How can anyone actually think a July or August lacrosse will happen. It’s not happening.

Yes there will be no school Football. Gonna stink!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the news cycle shifts, yes. All reporting focuses on death, talk about how many people get better. And most people that got really sick had a preexisting condition. And if you are high risk take precautions and if you are healthy take precautions. It wil never be zero for a long time imho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will have to cancel the season soon. There is no way kids are going to be playing this year at all. My son was signed up for 4 prospect camps and all were cancelled. Now comes the big question will they refund or hold you money and apply it to next year?

Well since I’m NOT a bank, I don’t issue loans. They will have to give refunds. After this BS, we will not be back next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well since I’m NOT a bank, I don’t issue loans. They will have to give refunds. After this BS, we will not be back next season.

Are they set up to provide refunds? What have they done in the past when they cancel something, apply your money to the next training! If that is the case, you aren't getting any money back unless you are leaving the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like this had happened in the past. There is no what have they done in the past. Worst things happening in the past is a tournament getting cancelled for bad weather. Usually another tournament is added or a new date is added. This is half the season being wiped out for a global virus. The right thing is to get a half refund for missing half the season. Will the right thing be done? That’s the magic question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that Coach C is going to refund any money you have to be crazy. Not going to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that Coach C is going to refund any money you have to be crazy. Not going to happen.

At best they will evaluate each teams schedule since Sept and credit towards next season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would work fine, if you choose to play for the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like this had happened in the past. There is no what have they done in the past. Worst things happening in the past is a tournament getting cancelled for bad weather. Usually another tournament is added or a new date is added. This is half the season being wiped out for a global virus. The right thing is to get a half refund for missing half the season. Will the right thing be done? That’s the magic question.

Half? Please, we have 3/4 of an uniform and 3 fall tourneys.....how does that equal to over $3,000? Hope he has a good bankruptcy attorney because the law suits will be coming.

I really hope it does not come down to that. I pray Coach C is right and they can pull this off in August. I don't see how but it is the best income.

Charging the last payment is the last straw for many Express families. We have endured years of mis-management, hungover college age coaches, 1.5 hour scrimmage with a ref as a replacement for a tourney, over sized rosters, being placed in tourneys that we had no business being in and Coach C giving up coaching my son's team mid season. It is all business from now on......provide services or issue refunds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to see the Express tourney schedule for August. Should be out tomorrow , right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half? Please, we have 3/4 of an uniform and 3 fall tourneys.....how does that equal to over $3,000? Hope he has a good bankruptcy attorney because the law suits will be coming.

I really hope it does not come down to that. I pray Coach C is right and they can pull this off in August. I don't see how but it is the best income.

Charging the last payment is the last straw for many Express families. We have endured years of mis-management, hungover college age coaches, 1.5 hour scrimmage with a ref as a replacement for a tourney, over sized rosters, being placed in tourneys that we had no business being in and Coach C giving up coaching my son's team mid season. It is all business from now on......provide services or issue refunds.

If you endured years of wrong doings, why are you still with this Express? Plenty of other clubs out there that will take your money and I’m sure you’ll find something there as well to complain about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people really want to play in August?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and the kids want to play as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who could forget the Chucks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must have been a nice jersey...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids may want to do one tourney in August. They won’t want to play in that heat 4 weekends in a row. And if things open up a little and you can go away....go. Kids can use time away from the house after this garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids may want to do one tourney in August. They won’t want to play in that heat 4 weekends in a row. And if things open up a little and you can go away....go. Kids can use time away from the house after this garbage.

I'm giving the club until the end of June. At that time if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, we will move on in regards to this year. I refuse to sit on the edge of my seat waiting during this summer, hoping youth lax will take place. Thus far, my kid moved on from this season, enjoying other likes that were put on the back burner due to lax. If travel lax doesn't return to the fields this year, clubs will be forced to rethink many issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait to get the schedule today! Holding my breath.....

Like Reply Quote
Page 130 of 144 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard