BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=LaxMod]Thoughts?

Why a partial refund? You paid for a service if its cancelled two options either a full refund or credit for next summer season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season starts in fall. most teams winter train too. Tournaments have been paid for. I am sure clubs will work with parents to get some credit or refund.
Lets hope for summer season to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see some offer. Like 1000 dollar check back. Maybe 1200,1500 credit towards next season. Something like that. Let’s face it, if 250,300 kids play for a club. They aren’t cutting a million dollars in checks. They aren’t Fortune 500 companies. Yes they do well, some really well, but that’s not happening. Remember, it isn’t clubs fault this situation is happening. Second most club directors are regular guys, with regular jobs. Yes they make profits, but I don’t think most clubs even have a million bucks sitting in accounts to even give refunds of this magnitude.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can see some offer. Like 1000 dollar check back. Maybe 1200,1500 credit towards next season. Something like that. Let’s face it, if 250,300 kids play for a club. They aren’t cutting a million dollars in checks. They aren’t Fortune 500 companies. Yes they do well, some really well, but that’s not happening. Remember, it isn’t clubs fault this situation is happening. Second most club directors are regular guys, with regular jobs. Yes they make profits, but I don’t think most clubs even have a million bucks sitting in accounts to even give refunds of this magnitude.

Yea, I agree. You also have to remember that club started in the Fall for most clubs and I believe July will be comprised of playing (being optimistic) so therefore a couple of months were affected by this virus. It’s times like this when we should support the small businesses and work with them rather than get a prorated amount which they unlikely have...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 2waymiddie

Yea, I agree. You also have to remember that club started in the Fall for most clubs and I believe July will be comprised of playing (being optimistic) so therefore a couple of months were affected by this virus. It’s times like this when we should support the small businesses and work with them rather than get a prorated amount which they unlikely have...

Get the heck out of here. Some of these clubs charge late fees, percentage if credit card used. advertised a service from beginning (fall) to last tournament. If partial service is received, partial refund is given. They've made very good salaries (owners) for many years, and raised prices annually. Don't mix personal feelings with business!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be pro rated.. A credit wont work because you may not be back next season... There was fall training and tourneys.... So they earned some compensation. What about the 1000 fundraisers for Denver? where does that $ go? They should donate it to research for this virus....That being said you will be charged a "Refund fee" that wipes out the refund. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully, everything will workout for the summer season. If for some reason the season does get cancelled, I believe the reputation of these clubs will hinge on how they handle the situation. I'll be watching it closely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMod
Thoughts?

if the tournaments that have to cancel and cannot reschedule do not give refunds to the clubs do not expect refunds from the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts?

if the tournaments that have to cancel and cannot reschedule do not give refunds to the clubs do not expect refunds from the clubs.

why would the tournaments not be able to refund the teams that paid already?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts?

why would the tournaments not be able to refund the teams that paid already?

Lawyers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

Sad but soooo true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clubs have already scheduled tryouts; Legacy, Igloo.
I will not give any of these clubs a dime of my money in advance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont expect a full refund lets be real . They bought equipment, indoor , fall tournaments and some winter . BUT .. missing winter practice , spring practices and summer tournaments. They are quick to throw a late fee out and charge $125 for extra tournament like legacy. Give something back to the consumer while that money is growing in there accounts. Its easy to figure out how much they bring in simple adding , multiplying and division they make great money that they can afford
Partial refund. Don’t give me “hey next year” it will go to tuition. No way Don’t fall for it people DON’T!!!!! Lets gets smart to these people . Be safe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if it does come back missing practices now which is $$$ . I know we are in a bad Situation now. They have to refund . No question about it . All sports have to , know a friend pays $4,500 for baseball . No word there also. These clubs not loyal to you then we are to them . Speak up , call them , email them . Put pressure on them . If you just paid a payment call your credit card , i did and got that payment back. Hopefully the LAX customer starts to smarten up . If your not happy with your Landscaper see how fast you call them or dont pay them !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont expect a full refund lets be real . They bought equipment, indoor , fall tournaments and some winter . BUT .. missing winter practice , spring practices and summer tournaments. They are quick to throw a late fee out and charge $125 for extra tournament like legacy. Give something back to the consumer while that money is growing in there accounts. Its easy to figure out how much they bring in simple adding , multiplying and division they make great money that they can afford
Partial refund. Don’t give me “hey next year” it will go to tuition. No way Don’t fall for it people DON’T!!!!! Lets gets smart to these people . Be safe

Agree. No credit towards next year, son isn't returning to same club if there is a next season. Has anyone received an update on clubs intentions once things open up? I haven't, I know they took the money from my account 2 week ago. Additionally, club was holding paid for clinics up until last Friday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the rest of the season? Let’s cross that bridge if and when we get there. If things start in time for Summer, I am fine and wouldn’t even expect a refund. It is just missing a few months in the midst of a global crisis. Heck some clubs do nothing for months anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. No credit towards next year, son isn't returning to same club if there is a next season. Has anyone received an update on clubs intentions once things open up? I haven't, I know they took the money from my account 2 week ago. Additionally, club was holding paid for clinics up until last Friday!

Call credit card tell them or call your club . Everyone venting on BOTC guess what vent to them. Typical in the Lacrosse world dont say anything to the clubs . WHY ?? Your the paying customer .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if it does come back missing practices now which is $$$ . I know we are in a bad Situation now. They have to refund . No question about it . All sports have to , know a friend pays $4,500 for baseball . No word there also. These clubs not loyal to you then we are to them . Speak up , call them , email them . Put pressure on them . If you just paid a payment call your credit card , i did and got that payment back. Hopefully the LAX customer starts to smarten up . If your not happy with your Landscaper see how fast you call them or dont pay them !!!

Yes very true , get other parents going . Times are tough everyone don’t live privileged lacrosse world. Parents make it happen put there kids in the sport , we deal with increasing fees every year and increase tryout fees every yr .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then where did the money go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous having clinics but practice is cancelled at the same facility ? Theres only a few clubs that i know of have there own place. Think someone said in on a different topic about that organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The economy has ground to a halt.
Cuomo is saying NYS is bankrupt.
Hopefully we can bounce back quickly but if it does not, parents will bring pitchforks and torches out against the clubs who not do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express held off taking next scheduled payment. Other clubs must follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel ball will happen! School ball Na!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North did same. Pushed back payments 5/8 but left door open for summer but admitted they and all other clubs don't know what to do. Nothing liek this has happened in 100 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express held off taking next scheduled payment. Other clubs must follow.

Yeah and ? Next payments , how about the payments before that covers now and beyond?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North did same. Pushed back payments 5/8 but left door open for summer but admitted they and all other clubs don't know what to do. Nothing liek this has happened in 100 years.

Well the Turtles took the last payment, cancelled practices, but held paid for clinics at the Turtle Dome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the Turtles took the last payment, cancelled practices, but held paid for clinics at the Turtle Dome.

Did they ? Heard 91 giving partial tuition back .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they ? Heard 91 giving partial tuition back .

The owner of the Turtles is bad news. Believe me, business wise, if he felt you were screwing him over, he would not hesitate serving you with legal papers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big clubs should have no problem with some refund. Smaller ones might not have cash on hand. I believe all will do right thing for families. BOC has a few stunads on it, but in general the lax community are good people. We need to get through this all together and come out stronger. God Bless and wishing all good health. Nothing, I mean nothing else matters right now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Show me my money!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok i know for a fact all club directors on here they advertise on BOTC and see, read people talking . Directors start talking , stop hiding time to act . You have customers money . Do whats right . People losing there jobs . You give back . You jack up tuitions year after year . Lets Go . 91 , Express , igloo 24, turtles , outlaws , rush , rebels , shore to shore , empire and many more lets go .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok i know for a fact all club directors on here they advertise on BOTC and see, read people talking . Directors start talking , stop hiding time to act . You have customers money . Do whats right . People losing there jobs . You give back . You jack up tuitions year after year . Lets Go . 91 , Express , igloo 24, turtles , outlaws , rush , rebels , shore to shore , empire and many more lets go .

This is a great post. My wife lost her job and we're down to one month of savings in the bank. I already got a refund on my other memberships and I need a break on three club teams I paid an entire year for already. PLEASE REFUND

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For most clubs the #1 expense will be the tournament fees. In many cases, those fees have been paid (at least in part) for Sping and Summer tournaments. Those tournaments which are cancelled SHOULD refund registration fees. If/when that happens, the Clubs should certainly refund a prorated amount back to families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a credit or a refund of course...what clubs are not doing ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clubs have NOT contacted parents regarding this issue? If so please name;

1) Turtles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clubs have NOT contacted parents regarding this issue? If so please name;

1) Turtles

What about girls clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Credits wont work. Partial refund would be the right thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont want credit , don't want hey take care of you clinics or tryouts start from scratch they they do pay the customer ??? 91 paents speak up , express parents speak up ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard