SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 60 61
Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
#300680 03/26/20 09:00 AM
L
LaxMod Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
LaxMod #300681 03/26/20 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=LaxMod]Thoughts?

Why a partial refund? You paid for a service if its cancelled two options either a full refund or credit for next summer season.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300682 03/26/20 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season starts in fall. most teams winter train too. Tournaments have been paid for. I am sure clubs will work with parents to get some credit or refund.
Lets hope for summer season to happen.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300683 03/26/20 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see some offer. Like 1000 dollar check back. Maybe 1200,1500 credit towards next season. Something like that. Let’s face it, if 250,300 kids play for a club. They aren’t cutting a million dollars in checks. They aren’t Fortune 500 companies. Yes they do well, some really well, but that’s not happening. Remember, it isn’t clubs fault this situation is happening. Second most club directors are regular guys, with regular jobs. Yes they make profits, but I don’t think most clubs even have a million bucks sitting in accounts to even give refunds of this magnitude.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #300684 03/26/20 10:22 AM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can see some offer. Like 1000 dollar check back. Maybe 1200,1500 credit towards next season. Something like that. Let’s face it, if 250,300 kids play for a club. They aren’t cutting a million dollars in checks. They aren’t Fortune 500 companies. Yes they do well, some really well, but that’s not happening. Remember, it isn’t clubs fault this situation is happening. Second most club directors are regular guys, with regular jobs. Yes they make profits, but I don’t think most clubs even have a million bucks sitting in accounts to even give refunds of this magnitude.

Yea, I agree. You also have to remember that club started in the Fall for most clubs and I believe July will be comprised of playing (being optimistic) so therefore a couple of months were affected by this virus. It’s times like this when we should support the small businesses and work with them rather than get a prorated amount which they unlikely have...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
2waymiddie #300687 03/26/20 10:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 2waymiddie

Yea, I agree. You also have to remember that club started in the Fall for most clubs and I believe July will be comprised of playing (being optimistic) so therefore a couple of months were affected by this virus. It’s times like this when we should support the small businesses and work with them rather than get a prorated amount which they unlikely have...

Get the heck out of here. Some of these clubs charge late fees, percentage if credit card used. advertised a service from beginning (fall) to last tournament. If partial service is received, partial refund is given. They've made very good salaries (owners) for many years, and raised prices annually. Don't mix personal feelings with business!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300688 03/26/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be pro rated.. A credit wont work because you may not be back next season... There was fall training and tourneys.... So they earned some compensation. What about the 1000 fundraisers for Denver? where does that $ go? They should donate it to research for this virus....That being said you will be charged a "Refund fee" that wipes out the refund. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300689 03/26/20 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully, everything will workout for the summer season. If for some reason the season does get cancelled, I believe the reputation of these clubs will hinge on how they handle the situation. I'll be watching it closely.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300690 03/26/20 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMod
Thoughts?

if the tournaments that have to cancel and cannot reschedule do not give refunds to the clubs do not expect refunds from the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #300692 03/26/20 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts?

if the tournaments that have to cancel and cannot reschedule do not give refunds to the clubs do not expect refunds from the clubs.

why would the tournaments not be able to refund the teams that paid already?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #300693 03/26/20 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts?

why would the tournaments not be able to refund the teams that paid already?

Lawyers

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300695 03/26/20 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #300696 03/26/20 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

Sad but soooo true!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300697 03/26/20 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clubs have already scheduled tryouts; Legacy, Igloo.
I will not give any of these clubs a dime of my money in advance!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #300701 03/26/20 05:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont expect a full refund lets be real . They bought equipment, indoor , fall tournaments and some winter . BUT .. missing winter practice , spring practices and summer tournaments. They are quick to throw a late fee out and charge $125 for extra tournament like legacy. Give something back to the consumer while that money is growing in there accounts. Its easy to figure out how much they bring in simple adding , multiplying and division they make great money that they can afford
Partial refund. Don’t give me “hey next year” it will go to tuition. No way Don’t fall for it people DON’T!!!!! Lets gets smart to these people . Be safe

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 60 61
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard