BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,361
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many team were there?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any score from fl$ vs team li today in obll ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-7 or something like that team LI. fl$ is all 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps played west coast star team twice- won one and lost one. good solid team drawing from all over ca. Lots of big fast kids.

the sport is growing and lots of very strong athletes are playing lax, whether from traditional hot beds or other states like Texas and CA...

NY (LI), MD and PA have no lock on lax for D-1 any longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any score from fl$ vs team li today in obll ?

11-2 TLI

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is TLI, its by age not grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, TLI is u13. Mostly 7th grade (2018) with a few (4-5) young 8th grade (2017).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, TLI is u13. Mostly 7th grade (2018) with a few (4-5) young 8th grade (2017).

Yes you are right, but they are all the same age, just cause a player is an 8th grader does not change his age. By saying fl$ is all 2018, are you making an excuse for why they lost? Just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you are right, but they are all the same age, just cause a player is an 8th grader does not change his age. By saying fl$ is all 2018, are you making an excuse for why they lost? Just wondering.

If this was directed at me (my comments quoted) then no, I was just answering a question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Coast Stars has many players from Oregon, Washington, Arizona, California and Nevada and several other states. Good team and nice sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 terps played 365 twice yesterday. Hats off to 365, very competitive group of boys, well behaved and fun to watch. Parents also very good.

Epress won both, but both games were competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that Westchester or Long island 365 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that Westchester or Long island 365 ?

Westchester -- "365 Superstar" is their name (I believe). New organization.

The Long Island organization is 365Lax. Older organization. I do not think they have a 2018/7th grade team this spring.

As discussed elsewhere on BOTC, there will probably be continued confusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Express parent aren't families tired of having a constant influx of new players showing up to tournament and practice. New teams being formed. Doesn't this offend your sensibilities. Your child made a team at tryout and you were told he would be on a, b, c, or d. Now tournaments are here new kids showing up and getting playing time over your child. Are you ok with this. As a parent I am not. It's too late to leave because all teams have been formed that you were asked to play with. Don't want to be on the outside looking in. Is this the norm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Express parent aren't families tired of having a constant influx of new players showing up to tournament and practice. New teams being formed. Doesn't this offend your sensibilities. Your child made a team at tryout and you were told he would be on a, b, c, or d. Now tournaments are here new kids showing up and getting playing time over your child. Are you ok with this. As a parent I am not. It's too late to leave because all teams have been formed that you were asked to play with. Don't want to be on the outside looking in. Is this the norm.

That is the norm with the express but not with most other clubs. Unless you're on the express A team they move kids around and add kids all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, if your son is not on the A team, it is. For this reason we passed on Express B some time ago.

Later that same summer the club my son did join played the Express team he would have been on. I never saw so many kids on the sideline waiting to get in. Probably 28 kids total. The team was good, but playing time had to be an issue (especially for the money).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2018 Express team does you son play for? Terps? Wolverines? Or Piranhas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever my son is playing express b or c he checks the schedule hoping the A team is playing at same time so they don't bring those kids down! They bring the best available 25 players!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever my son is playing express b or c he checks the schedule hoping the A team is playing at same time so they don't bring those kids down! They bring the best available 25 players!

FACT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats crazy and I would never belong to an organization who did that. You can't have a "team" if the players keep changing every game..

You win as a team and sometimes lose as a team.

EaPmmy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps players do not play with the Wolverines. Wolvarine players do not play with Piranhas. They might bring kids "Up" to play to get a look at them, but they never play "down".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps players do not play with the Wolverines. Wolvarine players do not play with Piranhas. They might bring kids "Up" to play to get a look at them, but they never play "down".

Sounds like y'all play for Team Hornswaggle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like y'all play for Team Hornswaggle!

That would be the "D" Team....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

new players seem to show up all the time. Ask the Terps about all the new players who were around lately. Ask the parents from last years teams when new players were constantly being introduced during tournaments. New teams being formed. A,B,C, and D. Then players are shuffled. Witnessed it first hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totaly untrue. I know for a fact that terps players played on wolverines team last week. My son goes to school with two of the boys.

This has been happening for years. It's unfortunate for the players on the b and c teams who pay the same money and lose playing time to kids not on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totaly untrue. I know for a fact that terps players played on wolverines team last week. My son goes to school with two of the boys.

This has been happening for years. It's unfortunate for the players on the b and c teams who pay the same money and lose playing time to kids not on the team.

Yep this happens weekly and throughout the summer with the express. I wouldn't care if the B-D teams paid less money but they pay the same amount.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the 2018 Terps and we have had pretty much the same team for the last two years. I am not aware of and have not seen kids from our team go and play for the other two (B and C)teams in this age bracket.

There is one kid, who I know is technically on the B team that plays for the Terps from time to time when we need another player, but that is the only one. I cant speak to how those other teams are run, but I can tell you that our team is run very well with lots of practice and games both locally and against strong teams from other areas. This year we have played the crabs, 365 lax, a couple of Mass teams, and teams from california and texas.

Again, I know this is the Terp (A) team and the situation on the B and C might be totally different, but our team is not sending kids down to B and C to help them win tournaments...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT!!!

Not a FACT! I'm a parent on one of these teams (not an A team) and we have not brought a Terp to one game all year. We had one kid move up because he honestly belonged up and we had one kid move down because he belonged down. The rest of the team is exactly the same since Sept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumor has it that the terps lost a player to 91 orange...If true it seems the bad blood between these organizations will continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on the 2018 Terps and we have had pretty much the same team for the last two years. I am not aware of and have not seen kids from our team go and play for the other two (B and C)teams in this age bracket.

There is one kid, who I know is technically on the B team that plays for the Terps from time to time when we need another player, but that is the only one. I cant speak to how those other teams are run, but I can tell you that our team is run very well with lots of practice and games both locally and against strong teams from other areas. This year we have played the crabs, 365 lax, a couple of Mass teams, and teams from california and texas.

Again, I know this is the Terp (A) team and the situation on the B and C might be totally different, but our team is not sending kids down to B and C to help them win tournaments...

I am a Piranha (C) parent. We have had the same team since September. We have never had a player from one of the other LIE 2018 Teams come down and play for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok to all the Jim Garrison's out there, why do so many of you have to be conspiracy theorist and self professed Express haters?! There are kids that made the team non - A team in Sept that go to some early season practices but didn't play in the fall or winter league because of other sports (basketball, ice hockey etc). They then started attending games in the spring once those sports ended. They are not Terps being brought down. There is no reason to do that for an OBLL game that quite frankly are played strictly to start getting the kids ready for summer. just because you didn't see the kid at a fall tournament doesn't mean he wasn't on the roster from the beginning and is a Terp bring brought in now just to win one game. I can say that with certainty for our 2018 Express team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT!!!

Not a FACT! I'm a parent on one of these teams (not an A team) and we have not brought a Terp to one game all year. We had one kid move up because he honestly belonged up and we had one kid move down because he belonged down. The rest of the team is exactly the same since Sept.

I am Piranha parent. No Terps have played with us nor would their parents let them play with us . We wouldn't want them playing with us. It does nothing for our kids. We had one kid move up to the Terps and one Wolverine move down to our team but this kid asked to move down as he played with us last year. Otherwise its the same team since tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares as long as same age. Express parents should care, no one else!

Any express parents upset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a Piranha (C) parent. We have had the same team since September. We have never had a player from one of the other LIE 2018 Teams come down and play for us.

sorry Piranha parent MC doesnt really care if you win or lose. Its the A and B team. OK Terp parent. After the loss to 91 at Shamrock you havent seen any new players guess my infos' wrong. Ask the 2017 parents about the new Terps Black and Terps. Its just a known fact that teams arent what the were when you made the team and paid. I saw and see it first hand this year and last. Guess I am miss counting the 28 kids on a sideline when we were told the team was only 22-23 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumor has it that the terps lost a player to 91 orange...If true it seems the bad blood between these organizations will continue.

As A Terp parent I can say not bad blood, good competition. If that is true then I guess 91 is adding players after a team is picked and has been playing together. Why would they need another player?? How will those kids that have been playing together feel now? The truth is people leave teams for many different reasons. Don't read too much into it. Some parents make decisions that are best for various reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express supporters and parents are 100% correct. Other than the numerous exceptions already identified, and others they and we don't know about, and those exceptions that have yet to occur (it isn't even summer yet!), the Express teams are set and no players move around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express supporters and parents are 100% correct. Other than the numerous exceptions already identified, and others they and we don't know about, and those exceptions that have yet to occur (it isn't even summer yet!), the Express teams are set and no players move around.

Story we hear is that 91 just added a kid from another team, I would love to hear how the 91 parents are going to feel about adding a player after try outs and taking playing time away from kids that tried out and made the team in September and also paid full tuition? I think SL has some explaining to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 already gave Express Terps a beat down and is clearly the better team, why would the 91 organization start a war in mid season by stealing a player in May? I really wonder if 91 smells blood in the water and is going in for the kill ? Is this a one time thing or is more to come?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is one of the most pathetic drama inducing posts i have ever read on here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry Piranha parent MC doesnt really care if you win or lose. Its the A and B team. OK Terp parent. After the loss to 91 at Shamrock you havent seen any new players guess my infos' wrong. Ask the 2017 parents about the new Terps Black and Terps. Its just a known fact that teams arent what the were when you made the team and paid. I saw and see it first hand this year and last. Guess I am miss counting the 28 kids on a sideline when we were told the team was only 22-23 players

we never said he did care. We care only if our kids continually improve. We aren't the Terps and have no illusions in that regard. It was all you non express folks that started this thread and said we are bringing A team kids in to win B and C team games. And to answer your question there were suppossed to be 4 teams from the very beginning. the 4th team did not have enough kids and at the VERY FIRST PRACTICE IN SEPT those kids were absorbed in to make it 28. So once again those kids have been there all season

I love how everyone knows everything but does so with no facts. If your kids team is better thats great. good for you. pat yourself on the back and can we finally drop this nonsense

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard