08/19/19 06:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is shortsighted and myopic of you to discount the knowledge and coaching ability of someone a bit more seasoned shall we say. Ridiculous in fact. Some of the best coaches have many years and much experience behind them and have kept up with the game. Sorry you had a bad experience with your has been coach.

You are dead on correct. Not saying that a talented kid cant over time turn into a great coach. But comparing him to experienced coaches is way off the mark. Being a player and being a coach require different skills. And experience under more seasoned coaches makes a difference.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #291594
08/20/19 12:27 AM
08/20/19 12:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291598
08/20/19 08:21 AM
08/20/19 08:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

lets keep making more divisions by adding "A" to it.
That is more ridiculous than anything that these nuts for parents can't justify their child not on an "A" team.Now we've gone to AAA,AA, A..what a joke

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #291599
08/20/19 08:39 AM
08/20/19 08:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather my son score 4 goals against express or 91 than 4 goals with them

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291601
08/20/19 08:43 AM
08/20/19 08:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA
teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

I find the ranking posts just conversational and light hearted. It doesn’t mean anything, but it seems to irritate some.. People will often share their opinions, as you have, on blogs. All good, imho, I don’t even mind the self promoting or people taking about how great the team is. I only posts that insult a teams ability, I find annoying, but whatever.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291603
08/20/19 09:17 AM
08/20/19 09:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express is already practicing 3x a week. They are taking the WSYL seriously!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #291604
08/20/19 09:45 AM
08/20/19 09:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im starting a team thats AAA, whos in?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291605
08/20/19 10:00 AM
08/20/19 10:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its Youth Lacrosse! It is Supposed to be for fun. Parents and coaches fall into the trap and stink the life out of it for the kids. It is what it is. At least the forums are entertaining if nothing else.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291606
08/20/19 10:04 AM
08/20/19 10:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lets keep making more divisions by adding "A" to it.
That is more ridiculous than anything that these nuts for parents can't justify their child not on an "A" team.Now we've gone to AAA,AA, A..what a joke

I agree. The classification of AA us just a means by which the larger clubs are trying to sell tgeir2nd and 3rd teams. All of which generally end upbeibg not even B level teams yet they call their elite team AA so they can call their second team A and their 3rd team B. God knows why people buy into those 2nd and 3rd teams.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291607
08/20/19 10:13 AM
08/20/19 10:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA
teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

I find the ranking posts just conversational and light hearted. It doesn’t mean anything, but it seems to irritate some.. People will often share their opinions, as you have, on blogs. All good, imho, I don’t even mind the self promoting or people taking about how great the team is. I only posts that insult a teams ability, I find annoying, but whatever.

Agreed with all of this. You have to take everything in these forums with a grain of salt and filter out some the worst schoolyard bickering. It is a source of entertainment (at least for me who check for new messages regularly.. and don't pretend you don't) and you may even find some of the threads quite engaging and useful, like this one in particular.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291608
08/20/19 10:44 AM
08/20/19 10:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express is already practicing 3x a week. They are taking the WSYL seriously!

Going on vacation before school starts. There is life outside lacrosse

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291611
08/20/19 12:04 PM
08/20/19 12:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Express or any team is already practicing 3x a week then I hope the program provides therapy to the kids and parents for free... As for the WSYL..... why does anyone care? Your going to spend $5k and a week of your time in Denver to play all of the same LI teams? So your kid can be on ESPN2? The WSYL is another "money grab" and wont even be around in a year from now. If you want a warp mini that bad you can buy one at IAmInsecure's for $35....Take your kids to Disney instead...they will get more out of it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291612
08/20/19 01:16 PM
08/20/19 01:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Express or any team is already practicing 3x a week then I hope the program provides therapy to the kids and parents for free... As for the WSYL..... why does anyone care? Your going to spend $5k and a week of your time in Denver to play all of the same LI teams? So your kid can be on ESPN2? The WSYL is another "money grab" and wont even be around in a year from now. If you want a warp mini that bad you can buy one at IAmInsecure's for $35....Take your kids to Disney instead...they will get more out of it.

Totally agree. Just a moneymaker. The qualifier tournaments can be worthwhile. But actually going is just throwing away 5k.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #291614
08/20/19 02:22 PM
08/20/19 02:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Just a moneymaker. The qualifier tournaments can be worthwhile. But actually going is just throwing away 5k.

Funny how every year somebody says that the WSYL won't be around in another year. You might actually see the NLF championship go away before the WSYL, that tournament is the biggest scam around with the reclassed players and older players just playing down for the tournament. Of course, people will point fingers at the Maryland and Massachusetts teams, but if your team is playing in the event, and supporting it, you are just as culpable.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #291618
08/20/19 04:04 PM
08/20/19 04:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5k, on top of 4K for the team. Plus another 3k for other tournaments,training,hotels etc. That’s 12k for the year for 12/13 year old lacrosse. Lol. We are all so twisted, myself included. I have 3 kids. They all play lax. with do I get a second mortgage. Crazy man.

Reply Quote
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification