BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels should be good. Grabbed a bunch of really good players. Now they just need a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Why does Rebels B team have a varsity coach. But their A team has no real head coach. That's ridiculous.

Do you play for Rebels or just stirring the pot? Worry about your own team. For the record, we all know who our coach is. We would like to thank all those Daddy coached A teams for letting their players leave and join us.

Not part of Rebels. Just commenting on a topic brought up in this forum. And based on your reaction, it clearly appears to a sensitive point and an issue for the Rebels team.
Looks like Rebels is currently listing a college kid as your head coach. Yet the B team on Rebels has an experienced Varsity coach.
Hey if your happy paying 3k for that, good luck.

Hey if you're happy with trolling other teams threads and commenting on things that don't concern you, than have a nice life as well. another keyboard tough guy. You're the same guy who stands on the sidelines criticizing everyone and everything until the coaches come over and you clam up.

Your insecurity is too funny. As I said I didnt start this conversation. One of your own started it trying to say you picked up some good players but you needed a head coach. And based on your responses it seems clear you have head coach problems.
I only responded on the thread with an observation. It's not trolling when you respond in a conversation on a thread brought up by another person, especially one of your own.
I suggest if you want no comments, you tighten up the loose mouths inside your team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, that "college kid" did a great job and seemed far better than any of these older guys at other clubs who's better days have past them by . And he sure beats daddy ball. Leave him as the Head coach and I bet Rebels would run thru teams with "Non College Kid" coaches. At this age the kids can, or should be able to play without some has-been college player reliving his glory days while barking out instructions every second of the game. Thats a losers game at this age. If your coach is doing that then he should fire himself, apologize to the kids and give you your money back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, that "college kid" did a great job and seemed far better than any of these older guys at other clubs who's better days have past them by . And he sure beats daddy ball. Leave him as the Head coach and I bet Rebels would run thru teams with "Non College Kid" coaches. At this age the kids can, or should be able to play without some has-been college player reliving his glory days while barking out instructions every second of the game. Thats a losers game at this age. If your coach is doing that then he should fire himself, apologize to the kids and give you your money back.

What if hes fat, old and shows up only half the time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is shortsighted and myopic of you to discount the knowledge and coaching ability of someone a bit more seasoned shall we say. Ridiculous in fact. Some of the best coaches have many years and much experience behind them and have kept up with the game. Sorry you had a bad experience with your has been coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did a great job at what? Playing lacrosse? He just left college. He has no coaching experience to judge by. This is an absolutely absurd statement to think in any way he compares to experienced older and varsity coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is shortsighted and myopic of you to discount the knowledge and coaching ability of someone a bit more seasoned shall we say. Ridiculous in fact. Some of the best coaches have many years and much experience behind them and have kept up with the game. Sorry you had a bad experience with your has been coach.

You are dead on correct. Not saying that a talented kid cant over time turn into a great coach. But comparing him to experienced coaches is way off the mark. Being a player and being a coach require different skills. And experience under more seasoned coaches makes a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

lets keep making more divisions by adding "A" to it.
That is more ridiculous than anything that these nuts for parents can't justify their child not on an "A" team.Now we've gone to AAA,AA, A..what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather my son score 4 goals against express or 91 than 4 goals with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA
teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

I find the ranking posts just conversational and light hearted. It doesn’t mean anything, but it seems to irritate some.. People will often share their opinions, as you have, on blogs. All good, imho, I don’t even mind the self promoting or people taking about how great the team is. I only posts that insult a teams ability, I find annoying, but whatever.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is already practicing 3x a week. They are taking the WSYL seriously!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im starting a team thats AAA, whos in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Youth Lacrosse! It is Supposed to be for fun. Parents and coaches fall into the trap and stink the life out of it for the kids. It is what it is. At least the forums are entertaining if nothing else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lets keep making more divisions by adding "A" to it.
That is more ridiculous than anything that these nuts for parents can't justify their child not on an "A" team.Now we've gone to AAA,AA, A..what a joke

I agree. The classification of AA us just a means by which the larger clubs are trying to sell tgeir2nd and 3rd teams. All of which generally end upbeibg not even B level teams yet they call their elite team AA so they can call their second team A and their 3rd team B. God knows why people buy into those 2nd and 3rd teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find all this talk about "AA" teams hysterical. Express and 91 are clearly very good in comparison to the other club teams on Long Island. It appears they won the game of musical chairs for this age group But that's not good enough, apparently, for those obsessed with organizational status seeking for their prepubescent kid. We must also be subjected to their opinion on what other teams are A or A minus quality, and who left what club and why. And how do they know this? Because these adults, who are not coaches or directors and who presumably have jobs and lives of their own, are actually engaged in the process of rating 12 year old boys. Which is weird, but also amusing and disturbing at the same time. So your budding future ex-college superstar/entry-level mail room employee plays for a "true" AA team. We understand that you're very, very proud and that this is a very, very big deal. "Express or 91 - there's a big drop off after that!" you say. "He's self-selected with other boys of his caliber, and he gets to play with other "true" AA talent" you also say. Fantastic. But, while your envy-worthy son is playing with other AA talent, the other boys on the teams you ridicule are playing against it. Fighting, coming up short, fighting again, learning. Getting better. Getting better because they're playing better competition. You don't learn much winning 12-4, especially if you're three deep on a line. Maybe the kids on these A or A minus teams are not worthy at this point in their career of making that list you made up in your head, but who said being the best 12 year old was the point of this exercise, anyway? At the end of the day, all these LI club teams play each other. No one is being airlifted out to play on another level with "better teams"- they're all in the same circle. The difference between them is not as great as you'd like to think, when compared to the hundreds of other club teams nationwide. The question is: is your son growing and learning? And there's a bunch of us who think that playing against the "better" talent is better than playing with it. Anyway, mark my words. I give it two years before someone on this board makes the following statement: "Express and 91 are the only true elite AAA
teams. The rest are maybe AA, single A at best."

I find the ranking posts just conversational and light hearted. It doesn’t mean anything, but it seems to irritate some.. People will often share their opinions, as you have, on blogs. All good, imho, I don’t even mind the self promoting or people taking about how great the team is. I only posts that insult a teams ability, I find annoying, but whatever.

Agreed with all of this. You have to take everything in these forums with a grain of salt and filter out some the worst schoolyard bickering. It is a source of entertainment (at least for me who check for new messages regularly.. and don't pretend you don't) and you may even find some of the threads quite engaging and useful, like this one in particular.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is already practicing 3x a week. They are taking the WSYL seriously!

Going on vacation before school starts. There is life outside lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Express or any team is already practicing 3x a week then I hope the program provides therapy to the kids and parents for free... As for the WSYL..... why does anyone care? Your going to spend $5k and a week of your time in Denver to play all of the same LI teams? So your kid can be on ESPN2? The WSYL is another "money grab" and wont even be around in a year from now. If you want a warp mini that bad you can buy one at IAmInsecure's for $35....Take your kids to Disney instead...they will get more out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Express or any team is already practicing 3x a week then I hope the program provides therapy to the kids and parents for free... As for the WSYL..... why does anyone care? Your going to spend $5k and a week of your time in Denver to play all of the same LI teams? So your kid can be on ESPN2? The WSYL is another "money grab" and wont even be around in a year from now. If you want a warp mini that bad you can buy one at IAmInsecure's for $35....Take your kids to Disney instead...they will get more out of it.

Totally agree. Just a moneymaker. The qualifier tournaments can be worthwhile. But actually going is just throwing away 5k.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Just a moneymaker. The qualifier tournaments can be worthwhile. But actually going is just throwing away 5k.

Funny how every year somebody says that the WSYL won't be around in another year. You might actually see the NLF championship go away before the WSYL, that tournament is the biggest scam around with the reclassed players and older players just playing down for the tournament. Of course, people will point fingers at the Maryland and Massachusetts teams, but if your team is playing in the event, and supporting it, you are just as culpable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5k, on top of 4K for the team. Plus another 3k for other tournaments,training,hotels etc. That’s 12k for the year for 12/13 year old lacrosse. Lol. We are all so twisted, myself included. I have 3 kids. They all play lax. with do I get a second mortgage. Crazy man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the click bait. You think CoachC is practicing 3x a week ever? much less August? Stop. He's counting his $$$. Also he's not worried about winning. They will run away with the trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the click bait. You think CoachC is practicing 3x a week ever? much less August? Stop. He's counting his $$$. Also he's not worried about winning. They will run away with the trophy.

The only question, will he let them run up the score like the Wolfpack.
Five of the top ten '25 teams will not even send teams to the WSYL. The number 2 and 3 ranked teams aren't even in the same league as Express. Yes, we all know the ranking are a joke but it just shows the gap between Express and the rest of the '25.
This is why the WSYL could be in trouble, club directors will stop wasting their 4th weekend when they know they are going to get beat by 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great response. Laughing my rear off.. And true about winning it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The qualifiers are the only positive. The rest of it is ridiculous. A lot of other regions will begin removing their names from consideration as it is a joke. I would rather see clubs enter 2 or 3 additional local tournaments. Playing lacrosse will get the kids/teams better. Flying across the country will not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The qualifiers are the only positive. The rest of it is ridiculous. A lot of other regions will begin removing their names from consideration as it is a joke. I would rather see clubs enter 2 or 3 additional local tournaments. Playing lacrosse will get the kids/teams better. Flying across the country will not...

I still like the premise, but I do think it needs to be more competitive and it does need the other hot beds participating. Right now it’s just Long Island and the emerging hot beds. Also, they should move the tournament around each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I still like the premise, but I do think it needs to be more competitive and it does need the other hot beds participating. Right now it’s just Long Island and the emerging hot beds. Also, they should move the tournament around each year.

I think they wanted it to be like baseball where it's always in Williamsport. I wonder also if upheaval in MLL and Warrior leaving as a sponsor will have an effect. Last year the Texas region didn't send anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The qualifiers are the only positive. The rest of it is ridiculous. A lot of other regions will begin removing their names from consideration as it is a joke. I would rather see clubs enter 2 or 3 additional local tournaments. Playing lacrosse will get the kids/teams better. Flying across the country will not...

I think they wanted it to be like baseball where it's always in Williamsport. I wonder also if upheaval in MLL and Warrior leaving as a sponsor will have an effect. Last year the Texas region didn't send anyone.[/quote

Yes, it be like a house cards with the rest. I would to see it succeed, but other regions must be tired of 5 straight years of a LI champ. And it will likely be another LI team again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather my son score 4 goals against express or 91 than 4 goals with them

Except your son is lucky if he scores at all against either team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5k, on top of 4K for the team. Plus another 3k for other tournaments,training,hotels etc. That’s 12k for the year for 12/13 year old lacrosse. Lol. We are all so twisted, myself included. I have 3 kids. They all play lax. with do I get a second mortgage. Crazy man.

.....but my little Johnny might get a 3K a year scholarship to Duke!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok boys & Girls, its been extremely quiet on this board for too long, I'm used to reading all the negative comments and attacks on each other for the past few years and am getting worried that everybody has come to there senses lol Lets see if we can keep the thread positive this year instead of cut throat and try to promote a fruitful conversation about the sport the kids play. Does anyone have a fall tournament schedule yet? will there be any surprise teams this year that has added to there rosters that will bring there team to the next level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok boys & Girls, its been extremely quiet on this board for too long, I'm used to reading all the negative comments and attacks on each other for the past few years and am getting worried that everybody has come to there senses lol Lets see if we can keep the thread positive this year instead of cut throat and try to promote a fruitful conversation about the sport the kids play. Does anyone have a fall tournament schedule yet? will there be any surprise teams this year that has added to there rosters that will bring there team to the next level?

Wishful thinking but would be nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No surprises. Express got better. Blast is a little worse. Every other team is mostly the same. It will be a boring year for upsets and underdogs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No surprises. Express got better. Blast is a little worse. Every other team is mostly the same. It will be a boring year for upsets and underdogs.

How could Express get better? They only play 13 kids, not because the next 20 stink, but because they only play those 13. Will the favorites have playing time cut so new additions get to play?

Has Rebels improved at all? Alot of talk around a team that stunk last year? Why would parents go there? Because communication is good?

How about Igloo? They have been a disappointment too. Typically a better showing from their other grades.

Any changes to rebels?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ok boys & Girls, its been extremely quiet on this board for too long, I'm used to reading all the negative comments and attacks on each other for the past few years and am getting worried that everybody has come to there senses lol Lets see if we can keep the thread positive this year instead of cut throat and try to promote a fruitful conversation about the sport the kids play. Does anyone have a fall tournament schedule yet? will there be any surprise teams this year that has added to there rosters that will bring there team to the next level?

How could Express get better? They only play 13 kids, not because the next 20 stink, but because they only play those 13. Will the favorites have playing time cut so new additions get to play?

Has Rebels improved at all? Alot of talk around a team that stunk last year? Why would parents go there? Because communication is good?

How about Igloo? They have been a disappointment too. Typically a better showing from their other grades.

Any changes to rebels?

Two years ago Geese would have been in that conversation. What happened over there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any changes to rebels?

Express got better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels loaded up with some really good kids. They had some good pieces at each level this past year so I'd expect them to surpass a lot of teams this year. Last year was their 1st season and they werent totally inept. Then again, the teams they were playing probably were so they looked good for a 1st year team. Igloo = PAL....91 unchanged, not backwards. But who knows.... Find out at Fall Tourneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ok boys & Girls, its been extremely quiet on this board for too long, I'm used to reading all the negative comments and attacks on each other for the past few years and am getting worried that everybody has come to there senses lol Lets see if we can keep the thread positive this year instead of cut throat and try to promote a fruitful conversation about the sport the kids play. Does anyone have a fall tournament schedule yet? will there be any surprise teams this year that has added to there rosters that will bring there team to the next level?

Any changes to rebels?

Two years ago Geese would have been in that conversation. What happened over there?

A bunch of Geese players though the grass was greener at 91. After being there, the realized the grass was green because of all the garbage 91 shovels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels loaded up with some really good kids. They had some good pieces at each level this past year so I'd expect them to surpass a lot of teams this year. Last year was their 1st season and they werent totally inept. Then again, the teams they were playing probably were so they looked good for a 1st year team. Igloo = PAL....91 unchanged, not backwards. But who knows.... Find out at Fall Tourneys

These all seem like zero sum gains? Rarely do the top players leave, and when they do it’s never to a worse team or do they go sideways. If parents are willing to let a team develop, all would be good. If the coach is great and the club commitment is there and it’s just the team isn’t on the level of Express or 91, why leave? You’ll likely see similar results at tourneys this year with the new team. The exacerbated reactions to losing is unreal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont blame 91 those people were cancers and that is why they can not stay on a team , good luck to whoever got those gems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now they are Cancers. Aren’t these the same kids that were poached and brought on mid season the prior year. So 2018 they are great and 2019 they are cancers. Yeah that sounds like a quality team.

Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard