BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 55 of 220 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My understanding, and I admit this is second hand info, is that Spallina was going to run clinics and games on Sunday mornings for the 6-7-8 th grade group. I believe it was by invitation only and was mainly TG kids and some YJ kids and they were trying to keep it to the so called more competitive kids.Even though I am not a registered user yet I also heard that the big kahoona did not like the idea and felt they were possibly going to be tempted to jump ship so a practice day switch may have been made in this age group.Again all second hand info but that is what I was hearing and am now a little ticked because it sounded like a great idea.

So you are ticked off over rumors you admitted are second hand and possibly untrue? Hmmm sounds like your entire post is Bull Sh!*.

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids. In my opinion the more time with a lacrosse stick in their hand the better.I would say I am dissappointed it may not happen and admimit I have no idea if BS changed the day of practice in response to this. that being said you seem a little sensitive ,could it be your kid was not asked or one of those control freak TG daddys that could not control this.

No. I just despise people who not only perpetuate second hand trash but post fictitious stories in an attempt to stir the pot. You my friend are one of those people.

Despise, how dramatic. Fact, there was going to be a camp/scrimages held at Stony Brook under the instruction of Spallina on Sundays involving 6-7 graders many but not all TG players .Fact ,many current Stony Brook players were going to help in the training.Fact ,TG have now switched these age groups to Sundays and now the Stony Brook instruction may not happen. Fact BS was not happy that so many of his younger players were going to attend this .Exactly what from the original post in regard to this was second hand trash.The point that someone gets ticked when politics get in the way of something beneficial for the kids is what you should really despise, unless you are one of those control freak TG daddies.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding, and I admit this is second hand info, is that Spallina was going to run clinics and games on Sunday mornings for the 6-7-8 th grade group. I believe it was by invitation only and was mainly TG kids and some YJ kids and they were trying to keep it to the so called more competitive kids.Even though I am not a registered user yet I also heard that the big kahoona did not like the idea and felt they were possibly going to be tempted to jump ship so a practice day switch may have been made in this age group.Again all second hand info but that is what I was hearing and am now a little ticked because it sounded like a great idea.

So you are ticked off over rumors you admitted are second hand and possibly untrue? Hmmm sounds like your entire post is Bull Sh!*.

Actually my kid was invited to attend ,how it all came about and exactly how it was going to be done was not completely clear but it sounded like a great opportunity to learn from a proven coach and play with some talented kids. In my opinion the more time with a lacrosse stick in their hand the better.I would say I am dissappointed it may not happen and admimit I have no idea if BS changed the day of practice in response to this. that being said you seem a little sensitive ,could it be your kid was not asked or one of those control freak TG daddys that could not control this.

No. I just despise people who not only perpetuate second hand trash but post fictitious stories in an attempt to stir the pot. You my friend are one of those people.

Despise, how dramatic. Fact, there was going to be a camp/scrimages held at Stony Brook under the instruction of Spallina on Sundays involving 6-7 graders many but not all TG players .Fact ,many current Stony Brook players were going to help in the training.Fact ,TG have now switched these age groups to Sundays and now the Stony Brook instruction may not happen. Fact BS was not happy that so many of his younger players were going to attend this .Exactly what from the original post in regard to this was second hand trash.The point that someone gets ticked when politics get in the way of something beneficial for the kids is what you should really despise, unless you are one of those control freak TG daddies.

Well, If you read your posts you will see your inconsistencies. Is this Al Gore? Your story has flip flopped almost as much as Mr Gores global warming theory. You are not smart enough to make stuff up and remember those lies. Even though it's in black and white for your reference you still screw it up. Keep em coming though because it's fun and interesting to see you back track. But we have seen this from you in the past and you just won't learn from your mistakes will you wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, If you read your posts you will see your inconsistencies. Is this Al Gore? Your story has flip flopped almost as much as Mr Gores global warming theory. You are not smart enough to make stuff up and remember those lies. Even though it's in black and white for your reference you still screw it up. Keep em coming though because it's fun and interesting to see you back track. But we have seen this from you in the past and you just won't learn from your mistakes will you wink
This stuff is getting boring, you guys should talk about CR, PM, BS, SS, crazy fat guys or something, because those conversations are more entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly are an idiot, please name one inconsistency, you will not be able to do so because everything that has beeen said is true including the part about you being an idiot.Not sure why you feel this is some made up clinic but ask some TG 2018-2019 parents including myself and we will let you know.I get the feeling you are the parent of some kid who was not asked to attend so you just cannot believe it, my guess is they would have had no problem asking your kid to go if you agreed not to show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly are an idiot, please name one inconsistency, you will not be able to do so because everything that has beeen said is true including the part about you being an idiot.Not sure why you feel this is some made up clinic but ask some TG 2018-2019 parents including myself and we will let you know.I get the feeling you are the parent of some kid who was not asked to attend so you just cannot believe it, my guess is they would have had no problem asking your kid to go if you agreed not to show.

you're anonymous, he can't ask you. I have heard of this actually being true, so I too wonder why it's so hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're anonymous, he can't ask you. I have heard of this actually being true, so I too wonder why it's so hard to believe.
It is true, if you go to the SB Women’s lacrosse web site, and click on the link ‘TG Psyco Daddies Clinic’ you will see all of the info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is true, if you go to the SB Women’s lacrosse web site, and click on the link ‘TG Psyco Daddies Clinic’ you will see all of the info.

Well my daughter got asked to play on a "special" team by Joe Spallina, Gary Gait and Kelly Amonte Hiller and we just can't pick! Such a hard choice! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one questioned whether the clinic was real you loser. I was saying you started saying it was second hand info. Then that you didn't know if Bill was pissed. Then you did know Bill was pissed. Changing over and over. GO READ IT YOU MORON. Your spouse hit the village idiot lottery huh. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one questioned whether the clinic was real you loser. I was saying you started saying it was second hand info. Then that you didn't know if Bill was pissed. Then you did know Bill was pissed. Changing over and over. GO READ IT YOU MORON. Your spouse hit the village idiot lottery huh. Lol

Actually I said a practice day switch may have been in response to the clinic which BS was not happy with so many kids attending, again I do not know if the switch was made for this reason but neither do you moron. The only thing changing over and over is your diaper and my guess the teams your kid does not get selected for because of her idiot father.Let me guess you are the one who played your older kid with the younger team a few weeks ago because none of the older daddy TG teams wanted you around.I feel bad for your children when you have to ruin things for other kids because yours was not asked.Now go have your wife change your diaper and give you your bottle.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

If you are in fact a TG parent can you please shut the F up. You are an embarrassment. Thanks, Signed All the other TG parents.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I said a practice day switch may have been in response to the clinic which BS was not happy with so many kids attending, again I do not know if the switch was made for this reason but neither do you moron. The only thing changing over and over is your diaper and my guess the teams your kid does not get selected for because of her idiot father.Let me guess you are the one who played your older kid with the younger team a few weeks ago because none of the older daddy TG teams wanted you around.I feel bad for your children when you have to ruin things for other kids because yours was not asked.Now go have your wife change your diaper and give you your bottle.

My wife died. Thanks jackass. My kids are out of college and you are a shining example of the state of today's parents. Sad really.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My wife died. Thanks jackass. My kids are out of college and you are a shining example of the state of today's parents. Sad really.
This thread of discussion is now closed. Next Long Island Top Guns topic please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously cage , you have some adult on here following youth (6-7) grade claiming his kids are out of college and you do not see some issue with that. Sorry but the politics of money has clearly out weighed what is best for the kids in this case and anyone who was looking forward to having a proven college coach help their daughter become a better lacrosse player knows this.Yes both YJ and TG parents know that they are willing to compromise when trying to find what is best for their kids lacrosse wise and that is pathetic, they should not have to in fear of repercussions.Even more pathetic some a-hole claiming his wife died while he goes after someone else's wife and you post it.Yes you will edit this post or ban me from future posts because of what has been written bt it is a chance I am willing to take.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously cage , you have some adult on here following youth (6-7) grade claiming his kids are out of college and you do not see some issue with that. Sorry but the politics of money has clearly out weighed what is best for the kids in this case and anyone who was looking forward to having a proven college coach help their daughter become a better lacrosse player knows this.Yes both YJ and TG parents know that they are willing to compromise when trying to find what is best for their kids lacrosse wise and that is pathetic, they should not have to in fear of repercussions.Even more pathetic some a-hole claiming his wife died while he goes after someone else's wife and you post it.Yes you will edit this post or ban me from future posts because of what has been written bt it is a chance I am willing to take.

for the life of me I don't understand why the board doesn't require registration to post, you'd have to think it would at least slow down the craziness. I don't know many message boards that don't require registration before posting. I'm anonymous but mostly I troll the boards and don't post much, for others it's fair game for negativity and to call people out without any real backlash. I'll register when required to.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Seriously cage , you have some adult on here following youth (6-7) grade claiming his kids are out of college and you do not see some issue with that.
Since when did we make a rule suggesting that parents of post-college graduate students are not permitted to be part of the lacrosse community? How many US Lacrosse Members right now remain active to stay in touch with the sport though their playing, coaching, and lacrosse parenting days are over?

Sorry but the politics of money has clearly out weighed what is best for the kids in this case and anyone who was looking forward to having a proven college coach help their daughter become a better lacrosse player knows this
Perhaps we are missing your point, but lacrosse training just like any youth sport will be largely driven by income derived from providing the service. Hence, money drives the ship.

Yes both YJ and TG parents know that they are willing to compromise when trying to find what is best for their kids lacrosse wise and that is pathetic, they should not have to in fear of repercussions.
What compromise is being made? Play with the Yellow Jackets, play with Top Guns, play with any other club that feels like it is providing value for your family and student-athlete. As for fear, any parent that is running in fear of a lacrosse club program, director, and other team member is not doing their parenting job. What fear is involved? My kid won't make such and such club team - go to another club.

Even more pathetic some a-hole claiming his wife died while he goes after someone else's wife and you post it.Yes you will edit this post or ban me from future posts because of what has been written bt it is a chance I am willing to take.
Whether or not that post was valid, BOTC stepped in at that point to end this line of conversation. Yet, we allowed your persepctive to be heard although we are not clear on what you were trying to communicate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Seriously cage , you have some adult on here following youth (6-7) grade claiming his kids are out of college and you do not see some issue with that.
Since when did we make a rule suggesting that parents of post-college graduate students are not permitted to be part of the lacrosse community? How many US Lacrosse Members right now remain active to stay in touch with the sport though their playing, coaching, and lacrosse parenting days are over?

Sorry but the politics of money has clearly out weighed what is best for the kids in this case and anyone who was looking forward to having a proven college coach help their daughter become a better lacrosse player knows this
Perhaps we are missing your point, but lacrosse training just like any youth sport will be largely driven by income derived from providing the service. Hence, money drives the ship.

Yes both YJ and TG parents know that they are willing to compromise when trying to find what is best for their kids lacrosse wise and that is pathetic, they should not have to in fear of repercussions.
What compromise is being made? Play with the Yellow Jackets, play with Top Guns, play with any other club that feels like it is providing value for your family and student-athlete. As for fear, any parent that is running in fear of a lacrosse club program, director, and other team member is not doing their parenting job. What fear is involved? My kid won't make such and such club team - go to another club.

Even more pathetic some a-hole claiming his wife died while he goes after someone else's wife and you post it.Yes you will edit this post or ban me from future posts because of what has been written bt it is a chance I am willing to take.
Whether or not that post was valid, BOTC stepped in at that point to end this line of conversation. Yet, we allowed your persepctive to be heard although we are not clear on what you were trying to communicate.

Everyone go back to your YJ thread now, the train wreck is over!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
for the life of me I don't understand why the board doesn't require registration to post, you'd have to think it would at least slow down the craziness. I don't know many message boards that don't require registration before posting. I'm anonymous but mostly I troll the boards and don't post much, for others it's fair game for negativity and to call people out without any real backlash. I'll register when required to.
BOTC's policy is that we do not require registration however comments from anonymous readers can and will be reviewed and editted without notice per our Board Rules.

Registered participants have a much broader ability to comment, critique, and question. Also, registered user's do not face the same per-post authentication requirements of non-registered participants. Lastly, registered users also generate higher quality contributions to the community. Hence, we encourage readers to join to make a more serious impact on the lacrosse commentary, but do not require it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topguns camp has college kids working it, who dont give a damn about coaching or teaching, home for the summer, trying to make a buck. ss puppets

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
topguns camp has college kids working it, who dont give a damn about coaching or teaching, home for the summer, trying to make a buck. ss puppets
What is wrong with college student-athletes earning summer money by training younger lacrosse players? Your assertion that "they don't give a damn" paints everyone with same misguided brush. Honestly, BOTC just does not understand the ax you are grinding here. If their camp is not your cup of tea, place your bets with another organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wait a day or two for the next train wreck. It is more of an ongoing wreck with these threads. There seems to be an inverse relationship. The bigger the club the bigger the trainwrecks. YJ's a big club with one trainwreck after the other on the threads, TG next , liberty and so on...... I guess the bigger the club the more people you have posting and the easier it is to keep your anonymous comments. I will note however that it does seem to be mostly yj parents stirring up with all the other clubs threads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with college student-athletes earning summer money by training younger lacrosse players? Your assertion that "they don't give a damn" paints everyone with same misguided brush. Honestly, BOTC just does not understand the ax you are grinding here. If their camp is not your cup of tea, place your bets with another organization.

Most camps run by colleges have college athletes working them... in all sports!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wait a day or two for the next train wreck. It is more of an ongoing wreck with these threads. There seems to be an inverse relationship. The bigger the club the bigger the trainwrecks. YJ's a big club with one trainwreck after the other on the threads, TG next , liberty and so on...... I guess the bigger the club the more people you have posting and the easier it is to keep your anonymous comments. I will note however that it does seem to be mostly yj parents stirring up with all the other clubs threads.

true that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

true that

If thats what you need to believe!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who attended the clininc this past Sunday, can you give us an honest opinion about how you feel it was run. How does it differ from other clinics? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you clarify? What particular clinic are you referring to? Was it a Top Guns ones that I very well may have missed the ball on. Thanks very much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he was referring to the top secret invite only clinic with the Stony brook Coach??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he was referring to the top secret invite only clinic with the Stony brook Coach??

Cant be I thought orders had come down not to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orders from? Assumed it was a TG clinic since so many were there. There must be more to this with other perspectives. There always is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cant be I thought orders had come down not to attend.

not orders, just starting in two weeks you have to choice TG practices or the SB clinics. It was never imaginary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who attended the clininc this past Sunday, can you give us an honest opinion about how you feel it was run. How does it differ from other clinics? Thanks

My daughter, a YJ player, was in attendance and both of us thought it was great. I stayed and watched most of it and the talent level was better than most of the camps or clinics she's attended. They did drills that she's never done before and the SB coaches and players were very instructional throughout. I'm not exactly sure what age groups are down there, but I know 2019's and 2018's were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah and all the kids were given secret decoder rings and told not to show them to BS or SS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah and all the kids were given secret decoder rings and told not to show them to BS or SS.

If I were the directors of a club I would be happy seeing many of my players going above and beyond to make themselves better. All the good players are doing this out of club anyway. I have my girls doing as many varied and diverse camps and clinics as they can. Happy to have them make new friends and see many perspectives in training. Instead of looking at Spinella as a tie to the YJ's, maybe he smarter than you are all giving him credit for, maybe he is growing ties with yet another strong long island club to feed into his recruiting efforts. Next thing you know he will be at a TG event talking up SB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We do not go to many camps because we find them to be over-rated and a waste of money but we thought the first Stony Brook clinic was very good. The instruction was very good, the atmosphere was very positive and the overall experience was great. There were only about 25 girls at this first session. It appears that it is open to players in the 2019 - 2018 age. Overall skill level was above average. I think anyone is welcome to attend - it is an open invite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this info posted anywhere?? When is the next one, what time , what field, what ages.. etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this info posted anywhere?? When is the next one, what time , what field, what ages.. etc..

I was contacted through word of mouth two different times. First from a friend on YJ's then from a friend on TG's. I have read here that many TG girls have shown up but I'm pretty sure its open to all clubs/players. There was an information digital flyer with the email. I do think they were trying to keep it to higher skill level travel girls. Not to sound bias, but having all higher level girls at a clinic like this, they do much more advanced things at a high rate so the girls get much more out of it. There are many camps out there for all levels and even the large camps they use this strategy where they break the girls up into skill level groups to work on different things. That being said, I do not think this clinic is suitable for all. I'm sure there are many girls well suited who didn't get word. Just like everywhere else in life, it's who you know and what connection through networking you have. Tons of lax stuff happening all over the place, been included and excluded on all kinds of stuff. Don't sweat it, just find the right opportunities for your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every time my daughter has been at a just for girls lax camp it is loaded with yellow jacket coaches/tents/players...and every time the coaches daughter is the camper of the day/week!!! unbelievable...we stopped going...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every time my daughter has been at a just for girls lax camp it is loaded with yellow jacket coaches/tents/players...and every time the coaches daughter is the camper of the day/week!!! unbelievable...we stopped going...

Maybe your kid does not deserve camper of the week or day.Hopefully your kid didn't catch anything from all those dirty YJ kids. Lol.Been to the camp 2 years now and plan on going back.Well organized ,close, descent instruction , kids enjoyed it and most importantly my kid was one of the campers of the week last year so she has to go back to defend her title. The funny thing is I personally know many TG kids who were selected for camper of the day so even many TG families know your full of bs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a true Psycho TG Dad. I’d guess you’re one of those guys that are into stacking his town tournament team with TG kids that don’t play for the town. Rumor has it that this is also being done at the PAL level on Sundays, which is pretty sad if it’s true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a true Psycho TG Dad. I’d guess you’re one of those guys that are into stacking his town tournament team with TG kids that don’t play for the town. Rumor has it that this is also being done at the PAL level on Sundays, which is pretty sad if it’s true.

which PAL Nassau or Suffolk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCGL should take a look out east, got a town program out there who have kids playing on multiple town teams. You have kids who pay to play but sit on the side line while the coach gets kids off other teams within the town to play, and play like ball hogs.Both the coach and the parents of these kids should be ashamed but they are so delusional thinking that their kids are the saviors for these teams. Let the kids on the roster play ,win or lose there is no reason to bring other kids in. They are not the only team doing this and the league needs to be proactive.

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 220 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard