Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
FOs ruin the game. Do it like basketball. After goals start on end line and clear it.

Ridiculous post

Right. It’s ridiculous to involve the team with fundamental skills (catching and passing) after a goal rather than one person using a specialized stick and skill that bares no relation to actually playing the sport. Let me guess, your son is a fogo (and probably holdback).

FYI, my kids D1 team is rank 4th in the nation in goal against, and almost last in FO %. Yes I wish it was a better % but we have a good record. Love the FO.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283826
04/24/19 12:36 PM
04/24/19 12:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FOs ruin the game. Do it like basketball. After goals start on end line and clear it.

This position is typically reserved for people without a clue and/or without a decent FO player.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283827
04/24/19 12:49 PM
04/24/19 12:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post

Right. It’s ridiculous to involve the team with fundamental skills (catching and passing) after a goal rather than one person using a specialized stick and skill that bares no relation to actually playing the sport. Let me guess, your son is a fogo (and probably holdback).

A goalie stands in a circle the whole game with a specialized stick. How is putting your body in front of a shot less of a "Skill" than using hand-speed, strength and angles to win a ground ball, run it to safety and pass it to one of your offensive players with a bent head? So now your entire argument revolves around the importance of skills required to block a shot vs the importance of skills required to gain your team a ton of extra offensive possessions? Really, just a dumb, naive argument.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283828
04/24/19 12:52 PM
04/24/19 12:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Al Bundy, Have a day! The 28k is more than worth it considering my daughter won't be anywhere near something you might have spawned.

WOW, sounds like some day she will be wearing the pants in her household, just like mom!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283830
04/24/19 12:57 PM
04/24/19 12:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For those who were at the games, do you think Broadneck would have beaten Spalding and Severn if the games were played under MIAA rules with a Shot Clock, or would it not have made a difference?

If the game is going to grow it needs to speed up. The kid #23 from Broadneck was outstanding at FO no GO he could play period. Severn is running <25% on FO's this year. They won three -all loose balls v. Broadneck. It is very apparent who is the most important person the field.

Suggestions for the fans to engage. Shot clock w/smaller goal or eliminate Face-off similar to what basketball did with the tip-off after a made basket. Maybe, make a select group take the face-off (batting order of 10).

Not much to watch as a casual observer when the ball is passed around for two minutes with no attempt to score.

That is not a bad suggestion. Make FO's have an order..I think 10 is too much, Maybe 3 in order, that way a dominant FO guy can only control 1/3 FO's. It really is bad for some teams that cant get ball. I know..recruit or develope FO guys. I just think 3 in order would be good for game. College is boring watching some teams never lose a FO.

The best FO guys in the country are just born lucky I guess! Couldn't be that it requires skill and they work for it? What were those schools thinking when they were focusing on recruiting lucky players instead of skilled players? Nevermind, the school s are just lucky too!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283834
04/24/19 01:23 PM
04/24/19 01:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post

A goalie stands in a circle the whole game with a specialized stick. How is putting your body in front of a shot less of a "Skill" than using hand-speed, strength and angles to win a ground ball, run it to safety and pass it to one of your offensive players with a bent head? So now your entire argument revolves around the importance of skills required to block a shot vs the importance of skills required to gain your team a ton of extra offensive possessions? Really, just a dumb, naive argument.

I think goalies ruin the game, why have one player who is using a stick that is too big and bares no relation to actually playing the sport. I think that since many games are played in football stadiums, they should balance the goal on top of the goal post and the players have to make shots like basketball.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283835
04/24/19 01:54 PM
04/24/19 01:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post

Sounds like Spalding parents. They lost a lot of FO’s but hey the pictures show a different story....lol.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283837
04/24/19 03:03 PM
04/24/19 03:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous post

You need a player to defend the goal since the comparative number of goals determine the outcome of the game. You don’t need a faceoff to determine possession. It artificially influenced the outcome.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283841
04/24/19 04:00 PM
04/24/19 04:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the great aspects of lacrosse is that a team CAN keep possession of the ball after a score with a FO win. This allows a team to mount a comeback. FO middies also score goals on fast breaks and/or play D when needed. A team can leave the FO player in as much as the coach wants. How does this "artificially" influence the game? Your argument is silly but still better than a holdback post.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283851
04/24/19 09:33 PM
04/24/19 09:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For those who were at the games, do you think Broadneck would have beaten Spalding and Severn if the games were played under MIAA rules with a Shot Clock, or would it not have made a difference?

If the game is going to grow it needs to speed up. The kid #23 from Broadneck was outstanding at FO no GO he could play period. Severn is running <25% on FO's this year. They won three -all loose balls v. Broadneck. It is very apparent who is the most important person the field.

Suggestions for the fans to engage. Shot clock w/smaller goal or eliminate Face-off similar to what basketball did with the tip-off after a made basket. Maybe, make a select group take the face-off (batting order of 10).

Not much to watch as a casual observer when the ball is passed around for two minutes with no attempt to score.

That is not a bad suggestion. Make FO's have an order..I think 10 is too much, Maybe 3 in order, that way a dominant FO guy can only control 1/3 FO's. It really is bad for some teams that cant get ball. I know..recruit or develope FO guys. I just think 3 in order would be good for game. College is boring watching some teams never lose a FO.

The best FO guys in the country are just born lucky I guess! Couldn't be that it requires skill and they work for it? What were those schools thinking when they were focusing on recruiting lucky players instead of skilled players? Nevermind, the school s are just lucky too!

They have been tinkering with Face offs forever. You do know at one time that there was no faceoff? At one time you could have six long poles out there! Talk about brutal !

I do think that we should have a faceoff, I like the 3 in row thing.. maybe 2 .It would make it more interesting. One FOGO wouldnt be able to dominate..just dominate 50% of time or 33% of time. Make game better in my opinion,

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283864
04/25/19 09:42 AM
04/25/19 09:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the size of the school, it’s constant chest pounding about how good they are going to be - it really is comical year after year to see Spalding fall apart. They will be lucky to win one more game this year and really should be in the B division. Take their vaunted 22 class and their donkey daddy coach, mix in the Bayhawks owner and you have a recipe for disappointment next year and beyond.

Severn is a small school and traditionally fields a quality team. Down year for them - but - I am sure they competitive moving forward. At least the know where they sit in the MIAA scheme. Spalding crowd - not so much.

Severn 2023 Class is strong

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283889
04/25/19 01:18 PM
04/25/19 01:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the size of the school, it’s constant chest pounding about how good they are going to be - it really is comical year after year to see Spalding fall apart. They will be lucky to win one more game this year and really should be in the B division. Take their vaunted 22 class and their donkey daddy coach, mix in the Bayhawks owner and you have a recipe for disappointment next year and beyond.

Severn is a small school and traditionally fields a quality team. Down year for them - but - I am sure they competitive moving forward. At least the know where they sit in the MIAA scheme. Spalding crowd - not so much.

You sound like a Spalding 2022 parent.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #283896
04/25/19 01:55 PM
04/25/19 01:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no parent or club coach steering 2023 kids to Severn, unlike 2022 Spalding or some of the Baltimore schools like CH and Loyola. Severn's coach has put in the effort to rebuild starting with that class. St.Mary's has done well with 2023's too.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283916
04/25/19 07:47 PM
04/25/19 07:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Given the size of the school, it’s constant chest pounding about how good they are going to be - it really is comical year after year to see Spalding fall apart. They will be lucky to win one more game this year and really should be in the B division. Take their vaunted 22 class and their donkey daddy coach, mix in the Bayhawks owner and you have a recipe for disappointment next year and beyond.

Severn 2023 Class is strong[/quot

Both will get handled by Severna Park and Broadneck again.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #283932
04/26/19 10:06 AM
04/26/19 10:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Al Bundy, Have a day! The 28k is more than worth it considering my daughter won't be anywhere near something you might have spawned.

WOW, sounds like some day she will be wearing the pants in her household, just like mom!

"There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote 'em all, I say, 'cause this is true: if you haven't gotten a b... j.. from a superior officer, well, you're just letting the best in life pass you by." - Colonel Nathan R. Jessup.

Reply Quote
Page 99 of 105 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 104 105
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification