Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 138 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 137 138
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263525 05/23/18 02:14 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 673
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 673
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook got the seeding they deserved .The ranking during the season means nothing and is based on nothing objective .Maryland started the season as 1 , is there any doubt if the two teams had traded schedules that Maryland would have gone undefeated and SB would have picked up a few losses . The seeding is supposed to try to have the best teams make it to the end ,that’s exactly what had happened .


Name a another NCAA sport where rankings mean nothing. I hope BC wins and their toughest test was a home game vs SB.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook got the seeding they deserved .The ranking during the season means nothing and is based on nothing objective .Maryland started the season as 1 , is there any doubt if the two teams had traded schedules that Maryland would have gone undefeated and SB would have picked up a few losses . The seeding is supposed to try to have the best teams make it to the end ,that’s exactly what had happened .


Name a another NCAA sport where rankings mean nothing. I hope BC wins and their toughest test was a home game vs SB.


The NCAA does not use ANY poll with regards to seeding brackets for any sport. The selection committees use many criteria but a poll is not one of them—whether its a coaches poll, AP poll, USA Today poll or otherwise.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263527 05/23/18 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get the strength of schedule debate. But when does a team that is ranked #1 for weeks on end, end up as the 5 seed. I hear both sides, but they should save strength of schedule and those other metrics for bubble teams.


Obviously, the polls and the NCAA have different criteria. So far, all you can say is that both got the relative strength of SB and BC correct - 1/2 or 4/5 playing to OT means they were closely matched teams. Can't say which one was right until after this weekend - if BC runs the table you could argue the polls were.

As a SUNY parent (different school) I was rooting for SB. Just wish they were healthy - gotta believe TO was worth at least the 1 goal they needed over the last 16 minutes of regulation plus the OT.



Sounds like a lot of coulda woulda shouda. The chances were there to finish that game. The star choked. Bye Bye Teewaaraton. Goodnight.


Great point, two kid race now, UNC or UMD.



My vote is for Apuzzo, but whoever shines this weekend should reicieve it.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263528 05/23/18 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


/\ this. Does anyone know what schadenfreude means?

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263530 05/23/18 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263550 05/23/18 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?



Great coaches find a way to win games like that! Nobody remembers the loser.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263557 05/23/18 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get the strength of schedule debate. But when does a team that is ranked #1 for weeks on end, end up as the 5 seed. I hear both sides, but they should save strength of schedule and those other metrics for bubble teams.


Obviously, the polls and the NCAA have different criteria. So far, all you can say is that both got the relative strength of SB and BC correct - 1/2 or 4/5 playing to OT means they were closely matched teams. Can't say which one was right until after this weekend - if BC runs the table you could argue the polls were.

As a SUNY parent (different school) I was rooting for SB. Just wish they were healthy - gotta believe TO was worth at least the 1 goal they needed over the last 16 minutes of regulation plus the OT.



Sounds like a lot of coulda woulda shouda. The chances were there to finish that game. The star choked. Bye Bye Teewaaraton. Goodnight.


You nailed it right there. KO went all bobble-headed under the pressure. How many turnovers was it? There is your one goal. The girl is a great player for sure. However, lacrosse is a team game, and when you elevate someone so high above the rest - the greater is their fall. She tried to do too much and failed. I put the blame solely at JS's feet. Next time you should skip the bobble-head.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263558 05/23/18 11:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
TM@BOTC #263561 05/24/18 07:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263568 05/24/18 08:21 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 891
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 891
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Pride goeth before the fall.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263572 05/24/18 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Your point about unc didnt escape me, my point about unc seemed to escape you...unc lost without their star players...thats my point, clear enough for you now? The whining part is after the fact forum nonsense...SBU lost in OT...that game could have gone either way, couldnt have be more even...Like i said if he wins that game is he a great coach? Wasnt like SBUlost by 10 and got destroyed...You make my point about him being a good coach, no excuse, but took BC to ot without one of the big three, losing draws 20-6, not getting top recruits...You are right, he is a darn good coach.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263573 05/24/18 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12


MD 15 BC 8, BC narrowly beat a terrible SBU team
UNC 11 JMU 9

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
TM@BOTC #263579 05/24/18 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody but Md..
Same for the Tewaaraton.. anybody but another Md player..

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263585 05/24/18 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody but Md..
Same for the Tewaaraton.. anybody but another Md player..

GO TERPS!!!!

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263588 05/24/18 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .



Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Your point about unc didnt escape me, my point about unc seemed to escape you...unc lost without their star players...thats my point, clear enough for you now? The whining part is after the fact forum nonsense...SBU lost in OT...that game could have gone either way, couldnt have be more even...Like i said if he wins that game is he a great coach? Wasnt like SBUlost by 10 and got destroyed...You make my point about him being a good coach, no excuse, but took BC to ot without one of the big three, losing draws 20-6, not getting top recruits...You are right, he is a darn good coach.


Apparently my point about UNC not making excuses did escape you as you are now making excuses for them. I guess the idea that whoever wins the game should be considered the better team escapes you also , game did not go either way BC won end of story. If Spallina is coaching them to keep the game as close as possible but lose in the end then kudos to him he succeeded .Whats the next excuse one of the players was not feeling well , th refs , the weather , how about they lost to a better team .The only thing I agree with you on is he is a good coach to get so much out of so little .

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #263619 05/24/18 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12


MD 15 BC 8, BC narrowly beat a terrible SBU team
UNC 11 JMU 9


A terrible SBU Team? Why show that you are a dope in the first line of your post. Are they champs, no, but terrible? Really?

Page 76 of 138 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 137 138

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4