Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,269
Posts346,549
Members2,492
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 52 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get the strength of schedule debate. But when does a team that is ranked #1 for weeks on end, end up as the 5 seed. I hear both sides, but they should save strength of schedule and those other metrics for bubble teams.


Obviously, the polls and the NCAA have different criteria. So far, all you can say is that both got the relative strength of SB and BC correct - 1/2 or 4/5 playing to OT means they were closely matched teams. Can't say which one was right until after this weekend - if BC runs the table you could argue the polls were.

As a SUNY parent (different school) I was rooting for SB. Just wish they were healthy - gotta believe TO was worth at least the 1 goal they needed over the last 16 minutes of regulation plus the OT.



Sounds like a lot of coulda woulda shouda. The chances were there to finish that game. The star choked. Bye Bye Teewaaraton. Goodnight.


Great point, two kid race now, UNC or UMD.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


SB fan here and seeding is seeding. You still have to beat everyone, and they didn't. Wish they did, regardless of where they lost in the tournament they lost. Every year there are probably 3-5 teams in any sport that can win the NCAA Championships. Besides coaching, athletes etc, injuries and even a little luck come into play (both good and bad). It isn't fair to bash the team or coaches because at the end of the day those athletes did what they could and any of us would be proud if our own children played and performed as they did. In the same token SB supporters can't blame not winning the national championship on the seed because they had to beat everyone anyway. Only disappointment is that SB had to go on the road, but hey this happens in NCAA tourns in all sports all the time.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Joined: Apr 2014
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook got the seeding they deserved .The ranking during the season means nothing and is based on nothing objective .Maryland started the season as 1 , is there any doubt if the two teams had traded schedules that Maryland would have gone undefeated and SB would have picked up a few losses . The seeding is supposed to try to have the best teams make it to the end ,that’s exactly what had happened .


Name a another NCAA sport where rankings mean nothing. I hope BC wins and their toughest test was a home game vs SB.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook got the seeding they deserved .The ranking during the season means nothing and is based on nothing objective .Maryland started the season as 1 , is there any doubt if the two teams had traded schedules that Maryland would have gone undefeated and SB would have picked up a few losses . The seeding is supposed to try to have the best teams make it to the end ,that’s exactly what had happened .


Name a another NCAA sport where rankings mean nothing. I hope BC wins and their toughest test was a home game vs SB.


The NCAA does not use ANY poll with regards to seeding brackets for any sport. The selection committees use many criteria but a poll is not one of them—whether its a coaches poll, AP poll, USA Today poll or otherwise.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get the strength of schedule debate. But when does a team that is ranked #1 for weeks on end, end up as the 5 seed. I hear both sides, but they should save strength of schedule and those other metrics for bubble teams.


Obviously, the polls and the NCAA have different criteria. So far, all you can say is that both got the relative strength of SB and BC correct - 1/2 or 4/5 playing to OT means they were closely matched teams. Can't say which one was right until after this weekend - if BC runs the table you could argue the polls were.

As a SUNY parent (different school) I was rooting for SB. Just wish they were healthy - gotta believe TO was worth at least the 1 goal they needed over the last 16 minutes of regulation plus the OT.



Sounds like a lot of coulda woulda shouda. The chances were there to finish that game. The star choked. Bye Bye Teewaaraton. Goodnight.


Great point, two kid race now, UNC or UMD.



My vote is for Apuzzo, but whoever shines this weekend should reicieve it.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


/\ this. Does anyone know what schadenfreude means?

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?



Great coaches find a way to win games like that! Nobody remembers the loser.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I get the strength of schedule debate. But when does a team that is ranked #1 for weeks on end, end up as the 5 seed. I hear both sides, but they should save strength of schedule and those other metrics for bubble teams.


Obviously, the polls and the NCAA have different criteria. So far, all you can say is that both got the relative strength of SB and BC correct - 1/2 or 4/5 playing to OT means they were closely matched teams. Can't say which one was right until after this weekend - if BC runs the table you could argue the polls were.

As a SUNY parent (different school) I was rooting for SB. Just wish they were healthy - gotta believe TO was worth at least the 1 goal they needed over the last 16 minutes of regulation plus the OT.



Sounds like a lot of coulda woulda shouda. The chances were there to finish that game. The star choked. Bye Bye Teewaaraton. Goodnight.


You nailed it right there. KO went all bobble-headed under the pressure. How many turnovers was it? There is your one goal. The girl is a great player for sure. However, lacrosse is a team game, and when you elevate someone so high above the rest - the greater is their fall. She tried to do too much and failed. I put the blame solely at JS's feet. Next time you should skip the bobble-head.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Pride goeth before the fall.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .


Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Your point about unc didnt escape me, my point about unc seemed to escape you...unc lost without their star players...thats my point, clear enough for you now? The whining part is after the fact forum nonsense...SBU lost in OT...that game could have gone either way, couldnt have be more even...Like i said if he wins that game is he a great coach? Wasnt like SBUlost by 10 and got destroyed...You make my point about him being a good coach, no excuse, but took BC to ot without one of the big three, losing draws 20-6, not getting top recruits...You are right, he is a darn good coach.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12


MD 15 BC 8, BC narrowly beat a terrible SBU team
UNC 11 JMU 9

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody but Md..
Same for the Tewaaraton.. anybody but another Md player..

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody but Md..
Same for the Tewaaraton.. anybody but another Md player..

GO TERPS!!!!

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come no other schools fans are in here whining about seeding and injuries etc. Would TO have helped at the draw ,no . All teams have injuries . To say SB deserved a higher seed with their SOS is absurd and by any objective measure RPI and SOS they were lucky to get 5. That said many teams do not want to play SB during the season because no one wants to travel to LI , the team has a reputation of let's say being overly aggressive ,the coach has a reputation of being typical LI etc.so getting those games may be difficult .



Which schools would you want to complain, maryland, unc or jmu? only
other school that would complain would be BC, and they won...if they lost they would be complaining. I get the whole all teams have injuries argument, don't think they needed TO on the draws, they lost huge there, but to downplay sbu 3rd leading scorer out is just silly...In 6 playoff team games she had 16g/17a...i think she might have helped in the scoring dept...with that said, BC's 3rd leading scorer had 4g in the game...good luck to the remaining teams.


Maybe she helps on the scoring end maybe she does not , do you think Kennedy has a career high if TO out there. Not down playing her absence, BC was missing Kent, UNC lost games missing their goalie and Bill, Ferrucci etc ,all teams are missing players but using that as an excuse is silly. Put the blame on Spallina keeping his big three in blowout games to run their numbers up instead of getting playing time for others who may be needed down the road. As far as the Tewaaraton I think each remaining team has a viable candidate but would put McCool and Apuzzo at the top of the list but very well may be decided by this weekends games.


Not using it as an excuse, but to say maybe she helps in the scoring, maybe she doesnt...got to admit thats a little dopey..i'm just looking at the stats, 6 playoff team games...4,5,5,5,6 and 8pts...Kennedy went 3/2 against penn and had 4g against NU...had 69 pts for the year...not too shabby...Kent didnt play all year and they were 17-1...you prove my point with UNC, they lost games while missing key players...Quick question for you, if SBU pulls that game out in ot, is Spallina a great coach and all other coaches should keep their big 3 in blowout games?


Sounds like you are using it as an excuse. Using your ridiculous logic the fact that Spallina lost proves my point that keeping his big three in to run up their numbers at the expense of preparing other players is bad coaching .My point about UNC that escapes you is they did not whine and make excuses when they lost unlike you. No one cares about going undefeated during the regular season when you played no top teams .All the gimmicks and bravado by Spallina and the first top 5 team they play they lose.


Your point about unc didnt escape me, my point about unc seemed to escape you...unc lost without their star players...thats my point, clear enough for you now? The whining part is after the fact forum nonsense...SBU lost in OT...that game could have gone either way, couldnt have be more even...Like i said if he wins that game is he a great coach? Wasnt like SBUlost by 10 and got destroyed...You make my point about him being a good coach, no excuse, but took BC to ot without one of the big three, losing draws 20-6, not getting top recruits...You are right, he is a darn good coach.


Apparently my point about UNC not making excuses did escape you as you are now making excuses for them. I guess the idea that whoever wins the game should be considered the better team escapes you also , game did not go either way BC won end of story. If Spallina is coaching them to keep the game as close as possible but lose in the end then kudos to him he succeeded .Whats the next excuse one of the players was not feeling well , th refs , the weather , how about they lost to a better team .The only thing I agree with you on is he is a good coach to get so much out of so little .

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's let the weekend games play out and there will be clarity to everything
Let's pick the winners
BC 12. MD 11
UNC 16 JMU 12


MD 15 BC 8, BC narrowly beat a terrible SBU team
UNC 11 JMU 9


A terrible SBU Team? Why show that you are a dope in the first line of your post. Are they champs, no, but terrible? Really?

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
JMU just picked apart UNC. Yowzah. Outplayed and outcoached.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game isnt over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Joined: Apr 2014
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
JMU was the better team. NC battled, like a good team does, but JMU moves on.

The BC/MD game was a battle. MD roared early but BC weathered the early storm, fought back and it really was anyone's game until someone doubled up some goals. BC did just that.

Apuzzo fought some early game jitters and did what she does best-score goals and win draws. This game will help her Tewaraaton resume.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
JMU was the better team. NC battled, like a good team does, but JMU moves on.

The BC/MD game was a battle. MD roared early but BC weathered the early storm, fought back and it really was anyone's game until someone doubled up some goals. BC did just that.

Apuzzo fought some early game jitters and did what she does best-score goals and win draws. This game will help her Tewaraaton resume.

She really was amazing tonight. But the whole team is soooo darn fast it was awesome to see them beat MD. the first 15 minutes was not looking good

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody but Md..
Same for the Tewaaraton.. anybody but another Md player..

GO TERPS!!!!


TWERPS popped the bed and is now out of the Teewaaraton conversation as well. Couldn't be happier about that! How about that Appuzo? Now that girl can play!

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=baldbear]JMU was the better team. NC battled, like a good team does, but JMU moves on.

The BC/MD game was a battle. MD roared early but BC weathered the early storm, fought back and it really was anyone's game until someone doubled up some goals. BC did just that.

Apuzzo fought some early game jitters and did what she does best-score goals and win draws. This game will help her Tewaraaton resume.

Sam Apuzzo clearly the best player in women's lacrosse and displayed her skills on the big stage last night. The Tewaraaton is hers.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great night of lacrosse at Stony Brook. JMU Goalie and their entire defensive unit (mid's included) were awesome. Time and time again they came up big. JMU defense was the difference.

BC Coach is flat out awesome. Sam Apuzzo was spectacular.

Looking forward to a great game on Sunday. Both teams play very good defense. Goalie play could be the difference. Two or three outstanding saves might just give one team the edge.

Sam Apuzzo should win the Teewaaraton Award.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland has been cursed by the curse of the south shore. Welcome to our world. We tried to warn you.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maryland has been cursed by the curse of the south shore. Welcome to our world. We tried to warn you.


Glad to see MD Twerps, especially those McDonough snobs go home losers. Also loved seeing the LI girl school them. So much fun!! Hope the same happens to the boys

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The curse of the south shore looks like it's reached the Maryland men as well.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The curse of the south shore looks like it's reached the Maryland men as well.


loved to see those cocky dbags go down! Connor Kelly got everything he deserved, which is nothing!

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Womens college lacrosse rules teach one important thing; Be aggressive on offense, get the fouls and score on the 8m shot.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland lacrosse one o one.
Princeton..........Stony Brook last year...

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick checks to slow down a team on a roll.
BC did it to Stony Brook and again today.
Not one stick problem but slows down a team on a roll with no down side.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is
ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game isnt over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!


Talk about dopey. Why play the games if you are going to consider the losing team the better team , why bother .
All teams have injuries so using that as an excuse is ridiculous .You have no idea if that injured player would have contributed to winning the game or not .
To say a game that one team won could have gone either way is just ignorance , one team won ,end of story .
Your ignorance is an embarrassment and your comments are all an embarrassment . It’s called sports and the team that wins is the better team and deserves the accolades not some dope making excuses trying to diminish their accomplishment.
Congrats to JMU the best women’s collegiate lacrosse team in the country , no matter what these excuse making SB fans would have you believe.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is
ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game isnt over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!


Talk about dopey. Why play the games if you are going to consider the losing team the better team , why bother .
All teams have injuries so using that as an excuse is ridiculous .You have no idea if that injured player would have contributed to winning the game or not .
To say a game that one team won could have gone either way is just ignorance , one team won ,end of story .
Your ignorance is an embarrassment and your comments are all an embarrassment . It’s called sports and the team that wins is the better team and deserves the accolades not some dope making excuses trying to diminish their accomplishment.
Congrats to JMU the best women’s collegiate lacrosse team in the country , no matter what these excuse making SB fans would have you believe.


What are you talking about? you are a clown,,,its called parity, there were 5 or 6 teams that could have won it...there were a bunch of games late in these playoffs that could have gone either way..."to say a game that one team won could have gone either way is ignorant" could be the stupidest comment anyone could ever say...You ever hear someone say "these two teams are evenly matched" thats what they mean, game can go either way...ever hear of a line of pick 'em? So if Tom Brady doesnt play in the SB,,,You would not be sure if he would have contributed in the game? One last point, UMBC mens bb beats UVA in the tournament, UMBC is the better team? Pls back away from the keyboard...

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is
ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game
over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!


Talk about dopey. Why play the games if you are going to consider the losing team the better team , why bother .
All teams have injuries so using that as an excuse is ridiculous .You have no idea if that injured player would have contributed to winning the game or not .
To say a game that one team won could have gone either way is just ignorance , one team won ,end of story .
Your ignorance is an embarrassment and your comments are all an embarrassment . It’s called sports and the team that wins is the better team and deserves the accolades not some dope making excuses trying to diminish their accomplishment.
Congrats to JMU the best women’s collegiate lacrosse team in the country , no matter what these excuse making SB fans would have you believe.


What are you talking about? you are a clown,,,its called parity, there were 5 or 6 teams that could have won it...there were a bunch of games late in these playoffs that could have gone either way..."to say a game that one team won could have gone either way is ignorant" could be the stupidest comment anyone could ever say...You ever hear someone say "these two teams are evenly matched" thats what they mean, game can go either way...ever hear of a line of pick 'em? So if Tom Brady doesnt play in the SB,,,You would not be sure if he would have contributed in the game? One last point, UMBC mens bb beats UVA in the tournament, UMBC is the better team? Pls back away from the keyboard...



First off when they say teams are evenly matched it’s prior to them playing you dope .After they play and one team wins they should be considered the better team .Yes people say the game could have gone either way and moronic things like that , they have a name for those people just like the name you will now be called by “loser”. The reason they play the game is not because anyone can win , they play to decide who the better team is . UVA lost because UMBC had a better game plan and executed better making them the better team proven by the fact that they won the game .

Your Tom Brady reference just shows what a dope you are , he lost to an Eagles team with a back up quarterback playing. So ridiculous when you losers come up w a bunch of excuses why you lost , how about trying something new like the other team was just better .

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is
ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game
over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!


Talk about dopey. Why play the games if you are going to consider the losing team the better team , why bother .
All teams have injuries so using that as an excuse is ridiculous .You have no idea if that injured player would have contributed to winning the game or not .
To say a game that one team won could have gone either way is just ignorance , one team won ,end of story .
Your ignorance is an embarrassment and your comments are all an embarrassment . It’s called sports and the team that wins is the better team and deserves the accolades not some dope making excuses trying to diminish their accomplishment.
Congrats to JMU the best women’s collegiate lacrosse team in the country , no matter what these excuse making SB fans would have you believe.


What are you talking about? you are a clown,,,its called parity, there were 5 or 6 teams that could have won it...there were a bunch of games late in these playoffs that could have gone either way..."to say a game that one team won could have gone either way is ignorant" could be the stupidest comment anyone could ever say...You ever hear someone say "these two teams are evenly matched" thats what they mean, game can go either way...ever hear of a line of pick 'em? So if Tom Brady doesnt play in the SB,,,You would not be sure if he would have contributed in the game? One last point, UMBC mens bb beats UVA in the tournament, UMBC is the better team? Pls back away from the keyboard...



First off when they say teams are evenly matched it’s prior to them playing you dope .After they play and one team wins they should be considered the better team .Yes people say the game could have gone either way and moronic things like that , they have a name for those people just like the name you will now be called by “loser”. The reason they play the game is not because anyone can win , they play to decide who the better team is . UVA lost because UMBC had a better game plan and executed better making them the better team proven by the fact that they won the game .

Your Tom Brady reference just shows what a dope you are , he lost to an Eagles team with a back up quarterback playing. So ridiculous when you losers come up w a bunch of excuses why you lost , how about trying something new like the other team was just better .


OK winner, what number were you this weekend? Tough to debate a clown like yourself...

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JMU BC was exactly what this sport needed. Two new teams and coaches. The same old 5 teams that have won it all for 30 years is just flat out bad and boring. This gives every top 30? team a better shot to get that extra player now to make a run. JS must be losing his S**t that he wasn't the first outsider to break the cycle.

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]to the poster down playing SBU, you must not know sports. All your points are dopey.

in sports, the best team doesn't always win. Not saying that is the case here, but It is sports and that is why they play.

to say an injured "star player" out/ not in the line up doesnt mean much (maybe she does maybe she doesnt) come on really.

and to say a game that goes to the wire cant be called either way is

ridiculous. today's BC game is now close, could go either way the game
over

Take your jealousy or hatred for a coach elsewhere. Some people may say your jealousy is ugly, I say its pretty,Pretty Stupid!!!


Talk about dopey. Why play the games if you are going to consider the losing team the better team , why bother .
All teams have injuries so using that as an excuse is ridiculous .You have no idea if that injured player would have contributed to winning the game or not .
To say a game that one team won could have gone either way is just ignorance , one team won ,end of story .
Your ignorance is an embarrassment and your comments are all an embarrassment . It’s called sports and the team that wins is the better team and deserves the accolades not some dope making excuses trying to diminish their accomplishment.
Congrats to JMU the best women’s collegiate lacrosse team in the country , no matter what these excuse making SB fans would have you believe.


What are you talking about? you are a clown,,,its called parity, there were 5 or 6 teams that could have won it...there were a bunch of games late in these playoffs that could have gone either way..."to say a game that one team won could have gone either way is ignorant" could be the stupidest comment anyone could ever say...You ever hear someone say "these two teams are evenly matched" thats what they mean, game can go either way...ever hear of a line of pick 'em? So if Tom Brady doesnt play in the SB,,,You would not be sure if he would have contributed in the game? One last point, UMBC mens bb beats UVA in the tournament, UMBC is the better team? Pls back away from the keyboard...



First off when they say teams are evenly matched it’s prior to them playing you dope .After they play and one team wins they should be considered the better team .Yes people say the game could have gone either way and moronic things like that , they have a name for those people just like the name you will now be called by “loser”. The reason they play the game is not because anyone can win , they play to decide who the better team is . UVA lost because UMBC had a better game plan and executed better making them the better team proven by the fact that they won the game .

Your Tom Brady reference just shows what a dope you are , he lost to an Eagles team with a back up quarterback playing. So ridiculous when you losers come up w a bunch of excuses why you lost , how about trying something new like the other team was just better .


OK winner, what number were you this weekend? Tough to debate a clown like yourself...[/quote

Your problem with debating is you are a simpleton ,”what number were you” is the best you got , what a loser. Congrats again to JMU the best NCAA women’s lacrosse team in the country unless of course you believe this loser .

Page 29 of 52 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4