BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 214 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, what you are all missing is that the average height of women in the US is about 5' 4". Therefore, you would need a significant number of very tall women to move the needle on averages to make a notable difference. If the average height is 5' 4", I doubt you are going to see many rosters with an average of 5'7".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stunads do you know they always give you an inch or 2 on rosters. So get a grip! You can play it doesnt matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR out at the U suddenly and unexpected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

what does that mean? what r u saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chris Robinson fired at McDonogh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think as a generalization in women's sports if you look at D1, the avg height is little more than D2 who's average height is more than D3

The UNC team looks like an avg of about 5'7" with only 1 5 footer

D3 rosters have a lot more girls that are 5'3" or less

Coaches always say you can't teach Height or Speed

It's aggressiveness ...you can't teach aggressiveness... so if the roster says 5'7 then the girl is really 5'6 etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR has stepped down from his position at McDonogh. He is no longer the coach. No one is talking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“After 177 straight wins, Chris Robinson out as McDonogh girls lacrosse coach”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means Chris Robinson is out at McDonough. National number #1 is looking for a new coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“After 177 straight wins, Chris Robinson out as McDonogh girls lacrosse coach”

ESM, Mt Sinai, at spooky was the 1-2 KO combo

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means he's probably making more money running club teams and tournaments than teaching at a private school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stunads do you know they always give you an inch or 2 on rosters. So get a grip! You can play it doesnt matter.

Thanks for that completely nonsensical post. The heights listed are self reported , some are taller and some are shorter than their length stud height. You anti height people are pathetic ,we get it ,your kid is short .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means he's probably making more money running club teams and tournaments than teaching at a private school

if that's the case its the same up north. Many club directors are more powerful and compensated more than college coaches. Directors have the ability to bilk hundreds of players. The clubs control the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if that's the case its the same up north. Many club directors are more powerful and compensated more than college coaches. Directors have the ability to bilk hundreds of players. The clubs control the game.

That’s not the reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very few reasons make sense of his immediate firing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughable.
No way he’d leave that sweet gig with combined family of
7 kids- some who go there- and have the school cut ties with him.
Chris at Robinson did not leave McD - McD cut ties with him. Read.
I just hope that the damage has not been too deep over
the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was Robinson let go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should squash all the rumors

Subject: McDonogh resignation

Dear M&D families,
Yesterday, I resigned from my position from McDonogh School as head coach of the girls’ lacrosse program and as a middle school teacher. During my 13 year lacrosse coaching stint at the school we took the program from a basement dweller to the best lacrosse program in the country for the last decade. By the huge media crush and the outpouring of texts, phone calls, and emails I am sure many are looking for an answer
I resigned my position at the school to move forward in my career. It was not an easy decision, but one that I felt was in the best interest of me and my family. The timing may not seem perfect, but many times when opportunity comes knocking it is not the ideal time. Building the National Girls Lacrosse League and Robinson Sports to a national level is a major goal for Robinson Sports and I am exciting for this opportunity to use my experience in new ways.
I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career.
I would like to thank the hundreds of people who have reached out to me and my family with sincere well wishes. All of your support has been unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think that "squashes" anything. He is trying to protect his reputation which is what his entire business and fortune is built on. Of course he will say this. No matter how its spun though, it not normal for a teacher and coach to leave a school in the middle of the year and right before lacrosse season starts. I'm not alleging anything, I know nothing, but logically, it makes no sense for him to resign. If you look at it from a purely rational perspective, the school must have a had a very convincing reason to ask him to resign. It could be any one of several things but it makes no sense that he is leaving on his own volition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. He's said it's because the club teams and the expansion of the ngll is taking up too much of his time. If that's the case, why not come out and state that explicitly in his letter to the club team families? I can understand if he wanted to leave that out when addressing the McD community, but doesn't it make sense to go into his business expansion plan a bit more for the club letter? Also, adding the section about 'rumors' being untrue, probably stoked the flames rather than extinguish it, esp during this climate of harassment, etc. These things don't tend to happen overnight and abruptly - unless there's a significant reason for it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
# me too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three top reasons for mid year firing of a teacher/coach: sex, substance abuse or money ...
he says HE left for the money and fame and fortune of his club and national girls league.
If that’s the case, he really left his girls high and dry... he could have waited 4 months and retired after the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in todays day in age everyone is guilty until proven innocent, and by then its too late. sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RIP Mcdonogh Lacrosse 1/16/2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a lot of benefits to walk away from. Do like another person with the same initials does. Gets their $140k, medical dental and pension from the school and then the millions from the club is spending money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can all look forward to the announcement from Robinson Sports regarding the "business opportunity" that makes clear that the departure had to be this abrupt, and couldn't have been delayed for another 5 months until after the season (incidentally, his daughter's senior season). And also required the full attention of BOTH of the Robinson coaches at McDonogh ...

I don't think the worst of people ... but I also have little patience for explanations that insult one's intelligence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can all look forward to the announcement from Robinson Sports regarding the "business opportunity" that makes clear that the departure had to be this abrupt, and couldn't have been delayed for another 5 months until after the season (incidentally, his daughter's senior season). And also required the full attention of BOTH of the Robinson coaches at McDonogh ...

I don't think the worst of people ... but I also have little patience for explanations that insult one's intelligence.

Wait, his daughter is a senior this year?????? And he's stepping down now for business purposes rather than guide her thru her last season at the school????? Yea, no....that doesn't equate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, all things being equal a coach will take a tall girl over a shorter girl. Period. If you don't agree, you don't watch enough sports. Bigger is better, in EVERY sport.

"All things" are rarely if ever equal. Coaches
want the best player they can get and unless the position requires height they want the best athlete. As far as all sports go, when was the last time you saw a 6'5" cornerback in the NFL? How about a 6'4" running back? Those are two of the most athletic positions in all of sport and the best in the world are average height .

Lacrosse is not basketball , there is no position where height is required.

Bigger? Really, bigger is better in every sport? do you see a lot of 6' 250 lb women's professional tennis players. Are there many 6'5" 250 lb shortstops playing MLB?

If your daughter didn't have offers from Maryland, Carolina, Northwestern and the like it was not because of her height.

Bringing up womens tennis really goes against your argument , the most dominant womens tennis player in the game and probably the best player in history is big by female athlete standards.

Wrong. Once again, height is not the reason that she is good. And relative to many other top female tennis players she would not considered tall. She is 5'9" , her sister is 6'1" .
Things are never equal.... There are many "things" considered and just about off of them are more important than height.
To the person who believes "you can't coach speed" you are 100% incorrect.

The original post was not intended to be a Tall vs Short debate. It was to demonstrate that college coaches will recruit the best player. There are many factors and height is not of major concern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speed is something that doesn't improve as readily as strength or conditioning. More importantly the "motor" tied to speed is either something you have or you don't. Some kids are moving all the time and others only move when they have the ball or when the coach is chewing them out.

Give me a kid with a good motor any day. Everything else can be taught.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, all things being equal a coach will take a tall girl over a shorter girl. Period. If you don't agree, you don't watch enough sports. Bigger is better, in EVERY sport.

want the best player they can get and unless the position requires height they want the best athlete. As far as all sports go, when was the last time you saw a 6'5" cornerback in the NFL? How about a 6'4" running back? Those are two of the most athletic positions in all of sport and the best in the world are average height .

Bigger? Really, bigger is better in every sport? do you see a lot of 6' 250 lb women's professional tennis players. Are there many 6'5" 250 lb shortstops playing MLB?

If your daughter didn't have offers from Maryland, Carolina, Northwestern and the like it was not because of her height.

Bringing up womens tennis really goes against your argument , the most dominant womens tennis player in the game and probably the best player in history is big by female athlete standards.

Wrong. Once again, height is not the reason that she is good. And relative to many other top female tennis players she would not considered tall. She is 5'9" , her sister is 6'1" .
Things are never equal.... There are many "things" considered and just about off of them are more important than height.

The original post was not intended to be a Tall vs Short debate. It was to demonstrate that college coaches will recruit the best player. There are many factors and height is not of major concern.

I wouldn't say 100% incorrect. You can work on getting a quicker first step and yes you can improve your speed a little.. Either you got it or you don't. You can't make someone fast that's not. That's 100% a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a lot of benefits to walk away from. Do like another person with the same initials does. Gets their $140k, medical dental and pension from the school and then the millions from the club is spending money
y

I doubt a private school in Maryland pays that well, and you're def overspeculating about the benefits, the private schools here on LI don't pay much. If he adds another tournament or 2 to his company, he probably makes more from that than teaching and his quality of life is def better bc he's not dealing with all the parents...or he doesn't be think he'll go undefeated this year and wants to retire on top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor Taylor Cummings will coach her old HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was going to let this go because you are obviously a little slow but will give it a try. You mentioned womens tennis as an example of a sport where being bigger than average is not an advantage. It is pointed out to you that tennis is a bad sport to support your argument as the best player is taller than average and your response is that relative to the rest of the best players in the world she is not that tall. So in your opinion the best players in the world( professional players) are considerably taller than average but being tall is not an advantage in the sport of tennis, that makes no sense.
We get it your short kid is every bit as good if not better than any kid that is taller than average. Please tell us the college lacrosse program that has passed on a kid because the kid was too tall. Again never are all things equal but if in a coaches mind you have 2 players of equal speed, IQ, stick skills etc. they are going to take the 5ft9 player over the 5 ft0 player, keep telling yourself that size is not an advantage in sports but you are just simply "wrong".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speed is something that doesn't improve as readily as strength or conditioning. More importantly the "motor" tied to speed is either something you have or you don't. Some kids are moving all the time and others only move when they have the ball or when the coach is chewing them out.

Are you telling us that standing around, getting in the way and clogging things up is not how the game is supposed to be played? Do you mean to tell us that you are not supposed to move off ball and clear space for your teammates? Are you not supposed to set picks? How about jogging or walking to get back on "D"? Is that what you are supposed to do? Please call our high school coach and inform her of your startling revelation because she does not appear to understand how the game is supposed to be played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speed will improve in direct proportion to strength. However, it is the strength to body weight ratio that is the determining factor when it comes to speed. The motor that you refer to is more of a mental thing. The players that have it (the motor) are the players that hustle all over the field. They are the players that work just as hard playing off ball defense or redefining as they do when they are going to the goal.

I agree 100% with how important the motor is. Just do not agree on what determines speed and how it can be improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speed will improve in direct proportion to strength. However, it is the strength to body weight ratio that is the determining factor when it comes to speed. The motor that you refer to is more of a mental thing. The players that have it (the motor) are the players that hustle all over the field. They are the players that work just as hard playing off ball defense or redefining as they do when they are going to the goal.

I agree 100% with how important the motor is. Just do not agree on what determines speed and how it can be improved.

slow kids don't get fast, quick kids can get quicker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was going to let this go because you are obviously a little slow but will give it a try. You mentioned womens tennis as an example of a sport where being bigger than average is not an advantage. It is pointed out to you that tennis is a bad sport to support your argument as the best player is taller than average and your response is that relative to the rest of the best players in the world she is not that tall. So in your opinion the best players in the world( professional players) are considerably taller than average but being tall is not an advantage in the sport of tennis, that makes no sense.
We get it your short kid is every bit as good if not better than any kid that is taller than average. Please tell us the college lacrosse program that has passed on a kid because the kid was too tall. Again never are all things equal but if in a coaches mind you have 2 players of equal speed, IQ, stick skills etc. they are going to take the 5ft9 player over the 5 ft0 player, keep telling yourself that size is not an advantage in sports but you are just simply "wrong".

I have to chime in here.
You miss the point again. Things are never equal.
The original post identified several players who are considered by many to be some of the best in their class. Those players were all recruited by some of the top college programs in the country. Some would be considered tall, some would be considered short and many would be considered average. But that was not the point, the point was that "All" of the players were recruited by top tier college programs and height obviously did not negatively affect the players ability to be recruited. The post was in response to a question and was intended to be helpful.
Someone turned it into a tall vs short thing and then morons like you keep going back to the "All things being equal" comment. Things are never equal and when we are talking about girls lacrosse , height is pretty far down the priority list at the top college programs. Your obsession with bigger/taller always being better demonstrates that you do not have a clue as to what is important to the top college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter is the brienne of tarth of lacrosse and can pick her school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is an advantage , but lack of size is an advantage also! It depends on the position and what you are looking for. Running backs in the NFL tend to be on the shorter side because they can cut quicker and accelerate better than a taller long legged player. A center in basketball is taller for rebounding by the rim. Your statement is ignorant. Like i said in an earlier post, The 6'5"JJ Watt may be the best defensive player in the NFL, He is at a severe disadvantage if he tries to cover the 5'6" Darren Sproles in the slot. You say "all things being equal" but that is fantasy land. It is never equal! You will always choose the smaller player for quickness and the taller player for size and reach. There are no JJ watts that are as quick as Darren sprolles! Why is it so hard for people to give credit to kids who are not like their own. Its ok, its a big field with room for all types to showcase their talents. Enjoy the diversity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor Taylor Cummings will coach her old HS

Who cares

Like Reply Quote