BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 69 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, I should have added that if "Downstate" (i.e. LI, NYC, and Westchester) were its own state, it would account for 62 roster spots at these schools, second only to MD. And MD should, like NY, be considered two regions: Baltimore and DC/So.MD. So, Long Island does quite well with the top lacrosse schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Results from February 2nd matches at the Sports Hub.

Daler Nation over North Shore, 13-3
North Shore vs. Long Island Tomahawks, Not Reported
Rough Riders vs. Long Island Storm, Not Reported

Standings

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Long Island Tomahawks 3 3 0 0 34 15 9 19
DalerNation 4 2 1 1 46 28 7 18
North Shore Black Knights 3 1 1 1 16 25 4 -9
North Shore Midshipmen 2 0 1 1 17 18 1 -1
Long Island Storm 2 0 1 1 11 17 1 -6
Rough Riders 2 0 2 0 6 27 0 -21

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keep in mind that the vast number of college recruiting coaches are still from MD/LI...
its natural for them to spend most of their recruiting time in the areas that they grew up and are familiar with...
this is certainly changing... there are really talented laxers ALL over the country as everyone is learning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
While interest and participation in lacrosse is growing across the country, the statement that "college coaches are giving the Hesiman stiff arm to NY?Blatimore kids in favor of kids from other regions" in not a fact as expressed by this person. In fact, of 367 roster postions at Cornell, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Loyola, Mayland, Syracuse, UNC, and UVA, 172 come from either NY or MD (47% of the rosters). If we add in CT, DE, PA, and VA, another 96 roster spots are filled. Nearly 73% of the current roster spots at arguably the top lacrosse schools come from the traditional hot-bed regions. As lacrosse expands into other parts of the country, I'm sure this will change (as I'm sure it has changed from 20 years ago). But , college coaches are realists and will continue to draw from MD and NY as long as the level of lacrosse remains high.

According to insidelacrosse, the listings for the 2015 verbals shows that out of approx 108 commits, only 12 were from long island = 11%. If you take Ohio State out of the equation, the numbers are 7/98 = 7%. Heisman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody had any experience w/ Millon Lacrosse Camp. I am curious if your sons enjoyed the experience.

Specifically how was the instruction, did they have fun and was there sufficient supervision especially for those boys who elected to sleep in the dorms. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about sophmores. Many other players will form the actual rosters when these boys are freshman in college. Let's take a look in three year's time at the rosters of these same schools. I don't think we will she a, as you label it, "Heisman," but a gradual shift to other states as the rest of the country starts playing more lacrosse and develops more talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody had any experience w/ Millon Lacrosse Camp. I am curious if your sons enjoyed the experience.

Specifically how was the instruction, did they have fun and was there sufficient supervision especially for those boys who elected to sleep in the dorms. Thanks

Our son had two camps with them. A lot of fun in a nice relaxed no pressure atmosphere with young counselors who made itma great time for the kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had 2 sons attend, and the camp was ok fun, but not vey instructional. Too much down time. The counselors were very young and seemed more interested in their cell phones then coaching. But the boys had fun with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...give us your biased unofficial preseason power rankings of the major Long Island Club 2017 teams.

lets see how they add up... no flames; just rank your top ten

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...give us your biased unofficial preseason power rankings of the major Long Island Club 2017 teams.

I'll go top five as

turtles
terps
jesters
Blue

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I'll go top five as

turtles
terps
jesters
Blue

This might be accurate - or it might not be accurate. While this might make for great Boys 2017 conversation, what about teams that fall below this elite layer?

Our point about team rankings here on BOTC is not to just name the top five or top ten teams since that is a relatively easy exercise.

The real issue is to rank all of the teams from Long Island to allow for competitive and dependable brackets to be built at tournaments and for future league scheduling. The GOTSOCCER model has been highly successful at doing just that and lacrosse would benefit from a consistent system used for the recording of results and therefore the ranking of events and then teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll go top five as

turtles
terps
jesters
Blue

fl$?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll go top five as

turtles
terps
jesters
Blue

fl$?

Not in top 5. It's this persons opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll go top five as

turtles
terps/fl$
jesters
Blue

fl$?

PUT fl$ AS ABOVE

so how do those soccer rankings work anyway?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My top eight (couldnt think of ten elite teams), in no particular order

Turtles
Terps
91 Orange
fl$
True Blue
Gladiators
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black

If I forgot someone I apologize

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
so how do those soccer rankings work anyway?
In a nut shell, virtually every tournament played in the soccer world is run through Got Soccer which handles all of the registration logistics and hosts the game schedules and bracket results. Since every team must log into the Got Soccer system in order to register, each team is allocated a unique record which tracks every single game they play under the Got Soccer system. Therefore, wins, losses, and draws are carefully recorded at the tournament level and used to rank teams going forward. (Older records "decay" and have less value than more recent records.)

Since each tournament is weighted in terms of points (and adjusted based on the teams that partake), better performances earn more points. Tally up the points for each team within an age group and you have a ranking of the teams.

Now, since each subsequent tournament (regardless of vendor) refers to these rankings when bracketing registered teams, the brackets wind up being uniformly competitive in most circumstances.

There are more subtle points here (including point values for multiple brackets and where a lower bracket winner is worth more points than an upper bracket zero-win team), but those special cases only detract from the discussion.

The key is that GOT SOCCER's value proposition was in providing a tournament organization and registration service - which later became a heavyweight and honest ranking system. To be honest, the soccer world will argue about the relative point values of different tournaments, but that greatly moves the discussion forward over the currently unbalanced brackets seen in lacrosse.

Hope that this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of these teams, if any, are playing in the Oyster Bay lacrosse league this spring? If not, where are they playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some other teams - complete guess based on last 3 years of tournaments-keeping it to LI

1. Turtles
2. Terps
3. 91
4. True Blue
5. Gladiators
6. Tomohawks
7. fl$
8. Outlaws
9. Jesters
10.Riptide

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some other teams - complete guess based on last 3 years of tournaments-keeping it to LI

1. Turtles
2. Terps
3. 91
4. True Blue
5. Gladiators
6. Tomohawks
7. fl$
8. Outlaws
9. Jesters
10.Riptide

have the terps and 91 played eachother this pas fall at all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Turtles
2. Terps
3. 91
4. True Blue
5. Gladiators
6. Tomohawks
7. fl$
8. Outlaws
9. Jesters
10.Riptide

Does Team LI have a competitive team for this age? I know they do U teams but their HighSchool and U13 teams are competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are gladiators still that strong? Didn't they lose a number of kids in the fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any teams in need of goalies for indoor games email laxdad44@gmail.com. We have several boys and girls goalies available to fill in on short notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Turtles
10 Terps
11 ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Turtles
10 Terps
11 ....

Well...the OP did say "biased"....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Turtles
10 Terps

Why so mean? Aren't you from the same club? Sad part is, this was probably a parent...
11 ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Turtles
2. Terps
3. 91
4. True Blue
5. Gladiators
6. Tomohawks
7. fl$
8. Outlaws
9. Jesters
10.Riptide

Havent seen much of Tomahawks and Riptide last couple of years. Otherwise a good list. Gladiators lost a few kids but still a very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Turtles
10 Terps
11 ....

10? Interesting question to me is why does several of your turtle players train with the terps and their coaches if they are so low in your mind?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Terps
91 Orange
fl$
True Blue
Gladiators
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black

Most accurate list in my view. i heard Terps are changing things up??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, this should give us some entertainment for the snowed in weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Terps
91 Orange
fl$
True Blue
Gladiators
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black

The word on the grape vine is that they will be dividing the 2017 terps into two teams. One AA Team and the rest will form an A or B team? Guess that makes about 16-18 kids per team. That should create a lot more playing time for all involved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

You really feel that TB/Terps/91 all are at same level? No difference?
who would win a three way round robin if it was held today?
No sure if TB and 91 enter same high level tournaments as terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word on the grape vine is that they will be dividing the 2017 terps into two teams. One AA Team and the rest will form an A or B team? Guess that makes about 16-18 kids per team. That should create a lot more playing time for all involved [/quote]

That's a great idea!!! Love the idea of a smaller roster.It is in many situations a disservice to the players that the tryouts ar eheld so early. I like the idea to play together for awhile and then based on performance move players into teams in the spring prior to the summer travel season.Gives coaches a chance to see who really belongs where. Especially with all the movement of players from year to year from progam to program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Terps
91 Orange
fl$
True Blue
Gladiators
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black

Express is "changing up" a team? Seriously? How suprising!!! LOL!!! Now lets hear those parents on here complaing and justifying. It happens EVERY year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Terps
91 Orange
fl$
True Blue
Gladiators
Jesters Black
Outlaws Black

The word on the grape vine is that they will be dividing the 2017 terps into two teams. One AA Team and the rest will form an A or B team? Guess that makes about 16-18 kids per team. That should create a lot more playing time for all involved

Or typical Express animosity!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a great idea!!! Love the idea of a smaller roster.It is in many situations a disservice to the players that the tryouts ar eheld so early. I like the idea to play together for awhile and then based on performance move players into teams in the spring prior to the summer travel season.Gives coaches a chance to see who really belongs where. Especially with all the movement of players from year to year from progam to program.

It is amazing to me that all of you people are still "buying" into this! Your child tried out for a team, made that team, you paid A LOT of $$ to play on that team & right before the spring season is told he is not on that team...you are on a "B" team. How do they convince you all that this is OK? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the boys that made team on try outs for terps. Mc bloated roster and now has to split team. That's nuts. That team won many games as originally made in the fall.Can't believe other directors would allow this from lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

agreed

IDK who would win that round robin, nor do you, it hasn't happened. What high level tournaments are you talking about? Have the Terps played in a Spring/Summer tourny yet? Do you even know who is on the Terps team? You are very chatty for someone who doesn't know if their kid has even made the "New" Terp AA team. Why cant you just leave it that there are some VERY talented 2017 players on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the boys that made team on try outs for terps. Mc bloated roster and now has to split team. That's nuts. That team won many games as originally made in the fall.Can't believe other directors would allow this from lie.

You really can't believe this? it happens EVERY year!

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 69 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard