BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 50 of 220 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
User
User
Let me through this out there and see the responses.
Is it possible many YJ kids and parents haven't tried to contact Hofstra because of their hatred of SS and the TGs? Here we go...

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
Is it possible many YJ kids and parents haven't tried to contact Hofstra because of their hatred of SS and the TGs? Here we go...

That so called hatred is not something everyone posses. Based on Cage Sage response my thoughts are the old coach didn't pass along names and SS had easy access to her players. It's that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That so called hatred is not something everyone posses. Based on Cage Sage response my thoughts are the old coach didn't pass along names and SS had easy access to her players. It's that simple.

One of SS first commits was a 2013 YJ, it's om YJ website!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the SS was going to take over as the coach of Lindenhurst Girls Lacrosse before she accepted the position at Hofstra? Too bad if it's true.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
User
User
It seems Stony Brook does not look at any TG kids. What is the connection between YJs and Stony Brook?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
User
User
Is it true the SS was going to take over as the coach of Lindenhurst Girls Lacrosse before she accepted the position at Hofstra? Too bad if it's true.

It was Bay Shore.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems Stony Brook does not look at any TG kids. What is the connection between YJs and Stony Brook?
PM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the NorthwesternU V USA game today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM
Liberty either

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I caught the second half on my laptop. Fun to watch. I wish I had the time/energy to go see the World Cup (is that what it's called?) in July but I'll be pretty road weary by that point. tired

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a TG, Liberty or non Club Lax Player could help Stony Brook improve and win, Spallina would take them in a heart beat...it's all about putting quality players on the field and winning at the college level.

Same w/ Hofstra and YJ players....

Please don't fool yourself!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a TG, Liberty or non Club Lax Player could help Stony Brook improve and win, Spallina would take them in a heart beat...it's all about putting quality players on the field and winning at the college level.

Hi, you must be the ostrich with their head in the sand.
There is no doubt there are a bunch of TG and Liberty kids who could help Stony Brook improve....like maybe some of the highest recruited kids in the country who happen to be TGs. Oh yeah Stony Brook has won the National Championship the last few years right. C'mon Man! Who's fooling who!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was Bay Shore.
Would have been nice to have her run the Lindy program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no doubt there are a bunch of TG and Liberty kids who could help Stony Brook improve....like maybe some of the highest recruited kids in the country who happen to be TGs. Oh yeah Stony Brook has won the National Championship the last few years right. C'mon Man! Who's fooling who!

So, the top recruits all want to get into SBU? I don't think so...The first one's that want to go to SBU or Hofstra will gladly be welcomed, Mr. Ostrich...The offers go to the best available girls ...Unfortunately the tops from all the LI Clubs usually run from LI...

SBU is now ranked in the top 20...as they and Hofstra move up the rankings, the better the recruits that end up there... From ALL programs...

I will look for you on the sidelines this summer...Take your hat off before putting YOUR head back in the sand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, the top recruits all want to get into SBU? I don't think so...The first one's that want to go to SBU or Hofstra will gladly be welcomed, Mr. Ostrich...The offers go to the best available girls ...Unfortunately the tops from all the LI Clubs usually run from LI...

SBU is now ranked in the top 20...as they and Hofstra move up the rankings, the better the recruits that end up there... From ALL programs...

I will look for you on the sidelines this summer...Take your hat off before putting YOUR head back in the sand...

Funny thing is LI had such a such draw for college coaches years ago...now not so much. If you look at the college commits there are more MD, PA, and VA girls committed to D1 schools then NY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing is LI had such a such draw for college coaches years ago...now not so much. If you look at the college commits there are more MD, PA, and VA girls committed to D1 schools then NY

Upstate, NJ, MA, CT, FL, TX and CA coming on strong too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I caught the second half on my laptop. Fun to watch. I wish I had the time/energy to go see the World Cup (is that what it's called?) in July but I'll be pretty road weary by that point. tired

Hard to believe a player as dominant as Shannon only a few months ago playing in NCAA final not getting selected for 2013 World Team??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hard to believe a player as dominant as Shannon only a few months ago playing in NCAA final not getting selected for 2013 World Team??
Exactly. Think about the reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Is she too dominant? That's kinda like too much money isn't it? There is no reason she shouldn't be on that roster other than some are threatened by her. What do you think could be the reason?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Is she too dominant? That's kinda like too much money isn't it? There is no reason she shouldn't be on that roster other than some are threatened by her. What do you think could be the reason?

Other commitments? Besides the Hofstra job, she owns a business.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thank you, Powderfinger. Nice to see folks in the ether are actually still connecting the lacrosse dots smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, Powderfinger. Nice to see folks in the ether are actually still connecting the lacrosse dots smile

You know I would never Step on your opinion but that would mean she went through the paces of traveling, practicing and playing with team USA only to bow out now due to other commitments. Keep in mind a lot of the other US players are also D1 coaches and own clubs. Some are still students. With that said I think there are more dots to connect here.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You know I would never Step on your opinion but that would mean she went through the paces of traveling, practicing and playing with team USA only to bow out now due to other commitments. Keep in mind a lot of the other US players are also D1 coaches and own clubs. Some are still students. With that said I think there are more dots to connect here.
Your post got us thinking and working on the story. Give us a day and we will get the official news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still an awesome experience - and she got to play against her former teammates at Northwestern. Everything up until now happened during her off season, maybe it's too much of a commitment/conflict going forward. As long as the USA staff knew of her plans going in, I don't see a problem with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half the players on the team are coaching a college program somewhere, even start ups like USC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half the players on the team are coaching a college program somewhere, even start ups like USC

If your logic is trying to say she is not good enough to play on the team, that is laughable. She is the all time scoring leader at the most dominant D1 schools and highly awarded and decorated athletes from both conference and NCAA. Many of the catfighting, club jealous parents you find on these threads and the opionions and comments they make are often just plain silly. Opinions of her as a player from respectful coaches, refs and other D1 credible followers generally put her in the discussion as one of the best players to ever step foot on the feild. You can dislike her because she is the director of a rival club, you can dislike from a jealous competitive standpoint, but to try to argue her playing ability is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=CageSage][quote=Anonymous]Hard to believe a player as dominant as Shannon only a few months ago playing in NCAA final not getting selected for 2013 World Team??

If your logic is trying to say she is not good enough to play on the team, that is laughable. She is the all time scoring leader at the most dominant D1 schools and highly awarded and decorated athletes from both conference and NCAA. Many of the catfighting, club jealous parents you find on these threads and the opionions and comments they make are often just plain silly. Opinions of her as a player from respectful coaches, refs and other D1 credible followers generally put her in the discussion as one of the best players to ever step foot on the feild. You can dislike her because she is the director of a rival club, you can dislike from a jealous competitive standpoint, but to try to argue her playing ability is a joke.

I dont think anyone is disagreeing with her talent but she certainly didnt look to be in the same shape that she had been at the conclusion of the NCAA tournament. The burdens of coaching a D1 program and running a successful club program most definitively contributed to that fact. This is the national team we are talking about and past performance doesnt cut it when there are 24 other women that want it just as badly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one has come on hear and said she is not one of the best players to have played the game .Using your logic ARod is going to hit 50 homers this year.To not even accept the possibility that her skills have diminished slightly is silly. She was not as dominant a player her last year as the year prior and may not be in the best shape of her life at the moment.It happens to all athletes ,some earlier ,some later.The other players trying out are no slouches ,some would also fall under the heading of the games best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She didn't make the team this year, what's the big deal? She had a great ride while it lasted!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And don't discount the politics involved here. If you think the politics of town teams, high school or travel teams, tournament teams, all american selections etc.... are ridiculous, multiply it by 10 for the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
www.gohofstra.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22200&...

No offense ,nice article but physically not even remotely the same player she was 1 year ago.You cannot pull the politics card when you are going to use all of her accolades as the reason she is one of the best players to have played the game.She won the award as the best college player because she deserved it and perhaps she did not make the team because she did not deserve it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
www.gohofstra.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22200&...

No offense ,nice article but physically not even remotely the same player she was 1 year ago.You cannot pull the politics card when you are going to use all of her accolades as the reason she is one of the best players to have played the game.She won the award as the best college player because she deserved it and perhaps she did not make the team because she did not deserve it.

Agreed, and many of us who watched the game saw the physical difference. Anyone else notice the cold shoulder her teammates gave her?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is that she gained to much weight and was slow in LarryMiller.
She could not keep up with the other girls. She was a great
College player but college is over. I don't think politics played a part in the
Coaches final decision. The other players were better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And she still managed to score 3 goals on Sunday. Bottom line is, no one but SS and US coaches know why she wasn't selected...

All this chatter is nothing but speculation....

the haters say she was cut because her best years are behind her...the lovers say it was her choice because she's too busy ....

BOTC probably won't ever know the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

And she still managed to score 3 goals on Sunday. Bottom line is, no one but SS and US coaches know why she wasn't selected...

the haters say she was cut because her best years are behind her...the lovers say it was her choice because she's too busy ....

BOTC has actually spoken with Shannon over e-mail on this entire subject.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lovers are clueless, why even tryout and take someone else's chance at making the team if you had no intention of playing if you made it.If a professional athlete showed up that out of shape you better believe it would be an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC has actually spoken with Shannon over e-mail on this entire subject.

Do tell....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding about Hopkins and Duke? You've obviously never been to either campus, Hopkins can be found in Guilford, where the average household income is over $75,000. The neighborhood is very well educated, and has the second highest number of adults with bachelors degrees or higher in the Baltimore metro area. Duke's campus cannot be easily accessed by outsiders, and is very remote. This being said, Durham is a relatively small and crime-less town in the first place. Check your facts first please, your untrue accusations make you sound like a very uneducated elitist.

http://www.baltimorehealth.org/info/neighborhood2011/39%20North%20Baltimore.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding about Hopkins and Duke? You've obviously never been to either campus, Hopkins can be found in Guilford, where the average household income is over $75,000. The neighborhood is very well educated, and has the second highest number of adults with bachelors degrees or higher in the Baltimore metro area. Duke's campus cannot be easily accessed by outsiders, and is very remote. This being said, Durham is a relatively small and crime-less town in the first place. Check your facts first please, your untrue accusations make you sound like a very uneducated elitist.

http://www.baltimorehealth.org/info/neighborhood2011/39%20North%20Baltimore.pdf

Went to Hopkins, love Hopkins, go back often, love Hopkins. But you're wrong, it's not in Guilford/North B-more though very close but, by that measure, also close to the Waverlies and the Midway. Might be a decent neighborhood by B-more standards but B-more's a tough town compared to almost anywhere else in the US. Like most universities I've been to, the areas in and right around campus are safe.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 220 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard