TM@BOTC #250797 11/17/17 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I appreciate the kind words but Mad Dog is not on my radar and I was only referring to Shore 23. The best 23 squad in NJ is BBL - but it is barely an A team. All the rest are B and below. Just not enough talent to go around. Sorry.

B and below...how did you come to that conclusion

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #250842 11/17/17 11:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not saying that there are no A players. There are plenty. Just spread out over a lot of different teams. There are very few true A 23 teams. Unless you can be competitive with 91 Bandits - seriously compete - then you are not an A team. If you can't sit at the table with serious teams from LI or MD then you are just filler for brackets. Just because a coach put a team in an A bracket doesn't mean they are an A team.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #250844 11/17/17 11:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but I would argue that in a couple of years, playing in the A division (even though the team is not worthy of playing there), can help players get exposure and it could help those A players play against better talent. But at this point in time (7th grade), it does no good like you said.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #250866 11/18/17 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather see happy kids. They really don't care who they beat as long as they win. I'm not sure what is to be learned by getting stomped on by a team that practices year round 2 to 3 times a week. A team of NJ hold backs can't even compete against good Long Island teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #250869 11/18/17 03:46 PM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
I would rather see happy kids. They really don't care who they beat as long as they win. I'm not sure what is to be learned by getting stomped on by a team that practices year round 2 to 3 times a week. A team of NJ hold backs can't even compete against good Long Island teams.

I don't think an Entire Team of hold backs would 'not' even compete against a LI Team...NJ has excellent players and some are just as good, if not better and it is about matchups. There are just too teams spread thin where on LI, the teams are more stacked with a lot more parity at least at the elite level.

Back to the 91/Leading Edge Merger - How is this going to help 91 and/or NJ Lax? IMO, Leading Edge was/is already a strong program so I don't see why they would 1) want to give up stake in their company and 2) how this is going to help build NJ Lax. This is obviously great for 91 as they will now be able to tap into the NJ market strengthening their bottom line, their brand and to help feed their events. Anyone have thoughts about this?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
JohnniesNation #250871 11/18/17 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was intrigued by the press release -- but Leading Edge has such a bad reputation right now. I don't know any strong players who would want to play for their youth teams. It's all about BBL right now - but that will change.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #250872 11/18/17 04:20 PM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
J
I was intrigued by the press release -- but Leading Edge has such a bad reputation right now. I don't know any strong players who would want to play for their youth teams. It's all about BBL right now - but that will change.

Thanks for the insight. I do agree that BBL is the it club right now and that the acquisition can lead to something good. It will be interesting to see where this goes and what happens.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #250874 11/18/17 05:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how BBL23 Black does against Dukes Nationals tomorrow at Victory.

Like Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #250875 11/18/17 05:21 PM
N
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
N
It will be interesting to see how BBL23 Black does against Dukes Nationals tomorrow at Victory.

Ohhh Smack Talk!!! That should be a good game but I think Dukes Nationals gets the W but we shall see

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #250876 11/18/17 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with that. Too bad Brotherly Love is not in the bracket. Would have loved to see how they match up.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #250900 11/19/17 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with that. Too bad Brotherly Love is not in the bracket. Would have loved to see how they match up.

I don't think it's BL's top team. This event lost 1/2 the field when they had to push it back 3 weeks

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #250909 11/19/17 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the Back team. I imagine that they will lose to Dukes. If not, it would be a great win for the squad. The other teams are b level playing up in the bracket.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #250969 11/19/17 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I figured, Brotherly Love Beat BBL Black at Victory.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #251011 11/20/17 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and the Dukes beat BBL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #251060 11/20/17 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering why Steps Elite (Boys) isn't making a major play. They actually have good coaches -- but the wrong model to be a real player. Thoughts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 66 67
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard