BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Haha
Yeah they get better in High School because they cut your kid. Then they raid all the other programs and get better talent. LE takes anyone at youth level dumb enough to pay. Then they get cut after 7th grade. Just ask bbl, they have taken their players for years.
Fact of the matter is LE helps with recruitment at the hs level and bbl does not. But do not think any kid is getting better in LE youth program. They are NOT.
And now that holdbacks have flooded 2022, you can be sure there will be no kid from the last couple of years left in the fall of 2018.

More like 4. Leading Edge is the only program in NJ that consistently plays the best teams game in and game out. Their youth teams do not win a lot but they get much better playing against the best every single game. My son is a product of it. No way any other club in NJ consistently plays the level of competition that Leading Edge does, not even close. We started out in another program, which I thought had a good schedule. It is a whole different world playing against those NLF teams. The youth kids take their lumps, but they improve significantly. When they get into HS Leading Edge is one of the best 4 teams at every tournament. I would rather learn how to be competitive in middle school and lose more than I win, and in return be prepared to compete at the highest level when the college coaches have their eyeballs on you. I see so many parents at the middle school level more concerned with winning. They are missing the boat if they are truly serious about their son competing at a high level and getting to the D1 level. The long island boys do not have to leave nassau or Suffolk to get that in their formative years. We in NJ have have to seek it out and not shy away from it. Too many in NJ are stuck in the mud thinking that playing against the 3rd LIE team or 2nd 91 team is as good as playing against the first teams.

You living in the past. Yes, they have been able to take the top players from other clubs. Those days are over. They are losing players to BBL, Blue Star, and others. They are losing 16-1 at the younger levels to NJ teams "stuck in the mud".

Maybe you are a masochist but most parents don't like to watch little Jonny lose by 10. The "we play better teams" only works for a couple of tournaments and you can't say they have better coaching.

You obviously did not read the post. I am not a LE fan. They are horrible at the youth level. At the High School level they are the top club. To say that the kids do not leave their clubs to go to LE in H.S. is a lie. BBL is better at everything except recruiting and that is why the better kids leave.

Lets be honest, if your kid is good enough, recruiting is not a huge issue because they will get noticed, this is why colleges pay people to go out and find players. Sure, it helps if your club is playing in top tournaments against top teams, that is typically where the coaches are spending the majority of their time, but this also means that playing the same NLF teams in the same NLF tournaments all of the time is not getting your kid the most exposure. College coaches aren't hanging around the NLF tournaments all of the time, they can go to one, see the talent, and then spend their time elsewhere, if anything, this cuts down on your kids exposure. If you are playing in a wide variety of top national tournaments, you are more likely to get noticed. And I tend to agree with the above post. In the past, there was some migration of top players to LE once they reached the elite level, but it seems that this trend has slowed down, not sure how the 91 affiliation with affect that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Haha
Yeah they get better in High School because they cut your kid. Then they raid all the other programs and get better talent. LE takes anyone at youth level dumb enough to pay. Then they get cut after 7th grade. Just ask bbl, they have taken their players for years.
Fact of the matter is LE helps with recruitment at the hs level and bbl does not. But do not think any kid is getting better in LE youth program. They are NOT.
And now that holdbacks have flooded 2022, you can be sure there will be no kid from the last couple of years left in the fall of 2018.

More like 4. Leading Edge is the only program in NJ that consistently plays the best teams game in and game out. Their youth teams do not win a lot but they get much better playing against the best every single game. My son is a product of it. No way any other club in NJ consistently plays the level of competition that Leading Edge does, not even close. We started out in another program, which I thought had a good schedule. It is a whole different world playing against those NLF teams. The youth kids take their lumps, but they improve significantly. When they get into HS Leading Edge is one of the best 4 teams at every tournament. I would rather learn how to be competitive in middle school and lose more than I win, and in return be prepared to compete at the highest level when the college coaches have their eyeballs on you. I see so many parents at the middle school level more concerned with winning. They are missing the boat if they are truly serious about their son competing at a high level and getting to the D1 level. The long island boys do not have to leave nassau or Suffolk to get that in their formative years. We in NJ have have to seek it out and not shy away from it. Too many in NJ are stuck in the mud thinking that playing against the 3rd LIE team or 2nd 91 team is as good as playing against the first teams.

You living in the past. Yes, they have been able to take the top players from other clubs. Those days are over. They are losing players to BBL, Blue Star, and others. They are losing 16-1 at the younger levels to NJ teams "stuck in the mud".

Maybe you are a masochist but most parents don't like to watch little Jonny lose by 10. The "we play better teams" only works for a couple of tournaments and you can't say they have better coaching.

You obviously did not read the post. I am not a LE fan. They are horrible at the youth level. At the High School level they are the top club. To say that the kids do not leave their clubs to go to LE in H.S. is a lie. BBL is better at everything except recruiting and that is why the better kids leave.

Lets be honest, if your kid is good enough, recruiting is not a huge issue because they will get noticed, this is why colleges pay people to go out and find players. Sure, it helps if your club is playing in top tournaments against top teams, that is typically where the coaches are spending the majority of their time, but this also means that playing the same NLF teams in the same NLF tournaments all of the time is not getting your kid the most exposure. College coaches aren't hanging around the NLF tournaments all of the time, they can go to one, see the talent, and then spend their time elsewhere, if anything, this cuts down on your kids exposure. If you are playing in a wide variety of top national tournaments, you are more likely to get noticed. And I tend to agree with the above post. In the past, there was some migration of top players to LE once they reached the elite level, but it seems that this trend has slowed down, not sure how the 91 affiliation with affect that.

You are absolutely right. The NLF is great and all but College Coaches are still going to the other reputable events and keep in mind that there are 3-4 coaches from a college so that means that they can be at 3 different events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone having a good experience with a 2024 squad in NJ other than BBL? Good communication. No parent coaching. High quality coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone having a good experience with a 2024 squad in NJ other than BBL? Good communication. No parent coaching. High quality coaches.

What part of NJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

if it doesn't matter head to PA or MD

Best Coaching
North - BBL
Middle - Leading Edge Elite
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Best Coaching
North - BBL
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

If you are only talking about 2024, Tri-State central team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Best Coaching
North - BBL
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

I would throw in SJ Shamrocks too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NJLaxr

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Best Coaching
North - BBL
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

What can you tell me about Mad Dog and the Shamrocks. Do you know who coaches the 2024 squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Best Coaching
North - BBL
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

What can you tell me about Mad Dog and the Shamrocks. Do you know who coaches the 2024 squad.

Shamrocks played as a B team last year. was a 2024/25 team. I wouldn't include them on this list.

Check the team's websites or call the club presidents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad dog is a good program but tends to be made up of, and favor, the local kids. Not sure about coaching for 2024s, but coaching has been an issue for 2023s, although rumor is that things have changed. Also, very positive feedback about guy that runs the program. Just to be clear, my kid does not play for Mad Dog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad dog is a good program but tends to be made up of, and favor, the local kids. Not sure about coaching for 2024s, but coaching has been an issue for 2023s, although rumor is that have changed. Also, very positive feedback about guy that runs the program. Just to be clear, my kid does not play for Mad Dog.

Not sure about the local kids statement. They have players from Mt. Olive & Summit. Yes, 2023 coaching was an issue that they have addressed. 2024 & 2025 teams are very good and contiue to get stronger every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad dog is a good program but tends to be made up of, and favor, the local kids. Not sure about coaching for 2024s, but coaching has been an issue for 2023s, although rumor is that have changed. Also, very positive feedback about guy that runs the program. Just to be clear, my kid does not play for Mad Dog.

Not sure about the local kids statement. They have players from Mt. Olive & Summit. Yes, 2023 coaching was an issue that they have addressed. 2024 & 2025 teams are very good and contiue to get stronger every year.

Yes, a couple of non-local kids, usually families that have vacation homes at the shore, so they play Mad Dog for the summer. Perhaps the local kids point is just exaggerated by disgruntled parents, but I see a lot of Mad Dog helmets on one of the local town teams, but then again, there is something to be said about loyalty to the local kids. Again, as I said before, I have heard great things about the guy who runs the program, supposedly a class act and a knowledgeable coach. Fortunately, I feel that my son is on the best team in the area for his age group, and I would not change a thing, but Mad Dog would definitely be an option if things were different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a couple of non-local kids, usually families that have vacation homes at the shore, so they play Mad Dog for the summer. Perhaps the local kids point is just exaggerated by disgruntled parents, but I see a lot of Mad Dog helmets on one of the local town teams, but then again, there is something to be said about loyalty to the local kids. Again, as I said before, I have heard great things about the guy who runs the program, supposedly a class act and a knowledgeable coach. Fortunately, I feel that my son is on the best team in the area for his age group, and I would not change a thing, but Mad Dog would definitely be an option if things were different.

Just keep away from NJ Riot a complete waste of time a major money grab

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What part of NJ?

Doesn't matter.

Best Coaching
North - BBL
West - Blue Star
Shore - Mad Dog

I do not know much about their 2024 team but they are up and coming. They do a pretty good job with the HS players with getting them into some top events and do a lot on the recruiting side with setting players up with a ConnectLax profile and guiding them through the process from what I have heard. Hope that helps at least for the future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not know much about their 2024 team but they are up and coming. They do a pretty good job with the HS players with getting them into some top events and do a lot on the recruiting side with setting players up with a ConnectLax profile and guiding them through the process from what I have heard. Hope that helps at least for the future[/quote]

If you are down to those two, I would go with Mad Dog over Shamrocks. If your kid is an A/AA player, they have a larger national presence with MD West and select team, MD will play some of the bigger tournaments...if you are open to other 2024 options, Tri-State central team should be in the discussion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not know much about their 2024 team but they are up and coming. They do a pretty good job with the HS players with getting them into some top events and do a lot on the recruiting side with setting players up with a ConnectLax profile and guiding them through the process from what I have heard. Hope that helps at least for the future

If you are down to those two, I would go with Mad Dog over Shamrocks. If your kid is an A/AA player, they have a larger national presence with MD West and select team, MD will play some of the bigger tournaments...if you are open to other 2024 options, Tri-State central team should be in the discussion [/quote]

The top Tri-State 2024 players all move to United? Something about coaching issues..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are down to those two, I would go with Mad Dog over Shamrocks. If your kid is an A/AA player, they have a larger national presence with MD West and select team, MD will play some of the bigger tournaments...if you are open to other 2024 options, Tri-State central team should be in the discussion

The top Tri-State 2024 players all move to United? Something about coaching issues.. [/quote]

The kids that went to united were from the 2024 shore team, not central... and it was all about politics. Most of top kids are on 2024 central

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any NJ clubs playing in any spring leagues?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The leagues, besides the winter are dying a slow death. I can't see them doing anything....what leagues were you thinking that anyone would do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The leagues, besides the winter are dying a slow death. I can't see them doing anything....what leagues were you thinking that anyone would do?

NXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT

Boys teams committed to the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Lacrosse League include:Brotherly Love, Chosen, Dukes Young Guns, Freedom, HEADstrong Lehigh Valley, NXT, Olde English, BBL, PA Roughriders, SJ Black Storm, Team 11, TeamTEN, Tri-State, Tribal & Uprising.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

NXT

Boys teams committed to the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Lacrosse League include:Brotherly Love, Chosen, Dukes Young Guns, Freedom, HEADstrong Lehigh Valley, NXT, Olde English, BBL, PA Roughriders, SJ Black Storm, Team 11, TeamTEN, Tri-State, Tribal & Uprising.

I didn't realize - thanks for the info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT

would be nice to see Blue Star, Leading Edge, Mad Dog & Steps join the mix

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT

would be nice to see Blue Star, Leading Edge, Mad Dog & Steps join the mix

Not sure how man of those clubs run spring programs. You would think that they could do a similar league in NJ, but the top NJ teams seem to avoid each other, maybe to protect their brand. Then again, if you look at the trash talking on the MD, PA and NY forums, maybe it's a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Team 91 NJ Supplemental Tryouts are going? Leading Edge South wasn't doing well, curious if name change helped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Team 91 NJ Supplemental Tryouts are going? Leading Edge South wasn't doing well, curious if name change helped.

Not sure that 91 affiliation is going to do anything for LE South, that program struggled in B tournaments the last few years. While lacrosse is growing rapidly in the local market, there simply are not enough players right now for all of the local clubs to field competitive teams. LE South is somewhat of an outlier, Mad Dog, United and Tri-State each have a relatively steady stream of loyal followers.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure that 91 affiliation is going to do anything for LE South, that program struggled in B tournaments the last few years. While lacrosse is growing rapidly in the local market, there simply are not enough players right now for all of the local clubs to field competitive teams. LE South is somewhat of an outlier, Mad Dog, United and Tri-State each have a relatively steady stream of loyal followers.

I agree. If you look at the other markets that they are in, they aren't so dominant like they are on Long Island. Will be interesting to see who will jump ship, especially the very first year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Supplemental Tryouts for NJ team coming up or in the spring? My 6th grader is looking to try out for a summer team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Supplemental Tryouts for NJ team coming up or in the spring? My 6th grader is looking to try out for a summer team.

Just call the clubs you are interested in, my guess is that they would make an accommodation if they need players...just watch out for the money grab teams with 25 players on the roster

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Just call the clubs you are interested in, my guess is that they would make an accommodation if they need players...just watch out for the money grab teams with 25 players on the roster

I certainly agree with the above post however, there are plenty of programs that will be in need of a player or two. Which area in NJ do you live? I serve as a moderator when I can and BOTC is going to be expanding into the other markets that have their own forum sections now so I do know they plan on posting both Boys & Girls teams tryouts and supplemental tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MomOf6

I certainly agree with the above post however, there are plenty of programs that will be in need of a player or two. Which area in NJ do you live? I serve as a moderator when I can and BOTC is going to be expanding into the other markets that have their own forum sections now so I do know they plan on posting both Boys & Girls teams tryouts and supplemental tryouts.

Exit 109

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MomOf6

Exit 109

United is usually willing to take on new players, but the 2024 team is a group that has been playing together for a while, not sure if it will be hard to break in to that team, maybe Tri State if they have an open slot on the 2024 shore team... not sure what the story is with Mad Dog 2024.. The truth is, if your kid is good, most teams will give him a shot...Has he been playing a for a while, town rec. or other spring programs. United does a lot of indoor training down in Oakhurst, you can pay per session, its a good way to get your foot in the door and meet the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s actually about 4-5 holdbacks, but we hey also have kids that play up a year too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any NJ Kids trying out for Warrior All America team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O2 National Box Lacrosse in North Jersey are looking to add two players to their 2022 USBOXLA Nationals Team going to Huntington Beach, Ca in August. Email info@o2lacrossetraining.com if interested.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That 02 program seems to be getting good players and I think b/c they were heavily focused with box, the players transition well to the field lacrosse game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can everyone share the fees they are paying for club lacrosse? Looking for full-year, less travel costs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can everyone share the fees they are paying for club lacrosse? Looking for full-year, less travel costs.

Seems that the quality teams all charge in between $2,300 and $3,000 for an all-inclusive price year round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems that the quality teams all charge in between $2,300 and $3,000 for an all-inclusive price year round.

Probably a fair estimate, maybe higher in a few instances, but the real issue is value for the money. While every team does their standard 4 summer tournaments, the question is what are you getting for that money off-season. Fall tournaments are few and far between, so more a means to keep the lacrosse skills sharp. Winter is the big factor because you have some clubs that are very active playing competitive box, while other clubs simply run practices in a indoor facility. Spring is really the same as the fall unless your club is getting involved in a competitive spring league like NXT MId-Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard