BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Girls 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used for discussions, news, and analysis of the Girls 2017 graduation year programs during the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 seasonal year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Session 2 indoor schedule at the Inline 1 facility for Seventh and Eighth Graders.

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Standings from the Girls High School Red division at the Sports Hub through February 3rd action.

Standings - Girls High School Red

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Huntington Blue Devils 7 6 0 1 125 88 19 37
Team Elevate 2017 7 6 1 0 122 61 18 61
Team Elevate 2016 6 3 2 1 97 74 10 23
Red Hots 6 3 2 1 99 89 10 10
Yellow Jackets- JV 7 3 4 0 97 98 9 -1
Lady Riders 7 2 4 1 98 112 7 -14
Cyclones 7 2 5 0 81 108 6 -27
Mercy 7 0 7 0 64 153 0 -89

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Over 100 girls tried out for the Brine all star national academy team and 11 of the 20 girls selected play for Team Elevate 2017. Several alternates are also from Team Elevate. Coincidence, or was it because their coach Dave Kotowski ran the tryout? There were plenty of top player's in attendance from all the LI lax clubs.....those club's are very under-represented on the roster.
Future tryouts should be run by independent evaluators from Brine.
Save your money on tryout fees next year or at least try to find out which LI club will be heading up the tryouts.
I'm sure I'll get blasted for wasting my time comparing the roster's...but hey, I
was curious....
Good Luck to the girls selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the girls on team elevate. Maybe not so fair for players not as well known from other clubs.
It seems all these type of tryouts are run by coaches from the different clubs...ie Under Armor/yellow jackets. Until these tryouts are all run by independent evaluators this will always be the case.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow! Over 100 girls tried out for the Brine all star national academy team and 11 of the 20 girls selected play for Team Elevate 2017. Several alternates are also from Team Elevate. Coincidence, or was it because their coach Dave Kotowski ran the tryout? There were plenty of top player's in attendance from all the LI lax clubs.....those club's are very under-represented on the roster.
Save your money on tryout fees next year or at least try to find out which LI club will be heading up the tryouts.
I'm sure I'll get blasted for wasting my time comparing the roster's...but hey, I
was curious....

Had I known the "evaluators" were from the same travel program I would not have sent my girl. They allowed sticks to the head and illegal checking during scrimmages, warning to future parents- Its all about the money! Think about it- 135 girls x $100pp and more than half the team is from Elevate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was curious....

SOUNDS LIKE AN fl$ SCAM

Had I known the "evaluators" were from the same travel program I would not have sent my girl. They allowed sticks to the head and illegal checking during scrimmages, warning to future parents- Its all about the money! Think about it- 135 girls x $100pp and more than half the team is from Elevate!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for the girls on team elevate. Maybe not so fair for players not as well known from other clubs.
It seems all these type of tryouts are run by coaches from the different clubs...ie Under Armor/yellow jackets. Until these tryouts are all run by independent evaluators this will always be the case.

I concur and wish we had been made aware before the "tryout" that the Elevate coaching staff would be determining who made the team. The scrimage was a disaster and several girls were injured as a result.
Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate program. Classless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate does not make money off the tryouts. My daughter made the team and is not from Elevate. I also know every single HS coach in Nassau and Suffolk were asked to be evaluators. There were evaluators who were from 91, YJ, along with high school coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sour grapes. maybe just maybe your daughter is not as good as you think she is.

I am sure there are some very talented girls who did not make the team but they only took 20.

Last year there were two teams, i don't know why they are only sending one this year.

Congratulations to the girls that made it.

How could it possibly be a fair tryout when my daughter not make the team? She is the best and i know that she is better than your daughter.

Dont bring your daughter to any tryouts, just sit home and blame someone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concur and wish we had been made aware before the "tryout" that the Elevate coaching staff would be determining who made the team. The scrimage was a disaster and several girls were injured as a result.
Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate program. Classless.

If you have ever watched Super Dave coach than nothing should surprise you. You can bet that it will be mentioned on all his girls resume how they were selected for the Brine camp just like last year, too funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate
program. Classless.

How does the 2017 team Elevate compare to other teams at this age group? Are they competitive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to have to disagree with this one, my daughter plays for another club and we have dealt with Coach K in many venues associated with lacrosse he always has the best intentions of the kids first. Get all of the facts first he wa not the only evaluator there and this was a three age group tryout, so it is very possible that X amount of kids from Team Elevate 2017 made the team. 100 kids is not a [lacrosse] of a lot and you don't know who attended from other top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? an evaluator present was from YJ? please tell us who that was, because my daughter plays for YJ and there was no evaluator from our club there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, Elevate does not make the money off the tryout....Brine does....Elevate just gets the opportunity to make the decision of who gets on the team...as would any LI club if they were chosen to run the tryout....Yes there were 2 girls teams last year...
On the Brine website...there are 2 long island boys middle school teams of 24 players each...Why not the same for the girls? out of 135 girls trying out...2 teams of 20 would have given more girls a shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are having your kids enter the Zummo / East Islip Camp at the Easr Islip marina, be sure you spray them well to avoid any ticks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to all the girls that made it. This type of unfair evaluations happens in athletics all the time. I say keep working and you will rise above it. It's unfortunate that children have to be subjected to this type of behavior by adults; who should be role models?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate
program. Classless.

How does the 2017 team Elevate compare to other teams at this age group? Are they competitive?

They are a second level team at best in terms of competition level at all their age groups.I am sure have some very good players but have played their 2016 and 2017 age teams and not on the level of the bigger clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to have to disagree with this one, my daughter plays for another club and we have dealt with Coach K in many venues associated with lacrosse he always has the best intentions of the kids first. Get all of the facts first he wa not the only evaluator there and this was a three age group tryout, so it is very possible that X amount of kids from Team Elevate 2017 made the team. 100 kids is not a [lacrosse] of a lot and you don't know who attended from other top clubs.

If you know Dave you know what he is all about. I've known him for 15+ years. If you need any favor he is the first to help. I know for a fact he has helped kids from YJ, LI Wave, Top Guns and Express with college. He is all about helping the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout was a joke. Should not be evaluating if you have a girl that age group. I was there. Definitely should have some other 2017 players on list. No way 11 girls from elevate were better than the rest. Also can't have another dad of girl same age evaluating. We are done trying for this. Total waste of time and money for going down to something where majority of team is already picked. So tired of friends and family package. Shame on those who have tainted everything with need to go schmooze with coaches!!

If you know Dave you know what he is all about. I've known him for 15+ years. If you need any favor he is the first to help. I know for a fact he has helped kids from YJ, LI Wave, Top Guns and Express with college. He is all about helping the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe an ex YJ dad. But dad of goalie was out evaluating. Somehow other girls who played on her team last year also made team.....go figure????

Really? an evaluator present was from YJ? please tell us who that was, because my daughter plays for YJ and there was no evaluator from our club there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout was a joke. Should not be evaluating if you have a girl that age group. I was there. Definitely should have some other 2017 players on list. No way 11 girls from elevate were better than the rest. Also can't have another dad of girl same age evaluating. We are done trying for this. Total waste of time and money for going down to something where majority of team is already picked. So tired of friends and family package. Shame on those who have tainted everything with need to go schmooze with coaches!!

here's a question. How many girls from elevate did not make the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, you are right...the ex-2018 Yj coach was there, but since he is no longer affiliated with the club, I would not consider him a YJ evaluator. But now that you mention it, of the few Yj that did make it, they are from the 2018 team and one is from 2019...Congrats to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, you are right...the ex-2018 Yj coach was there, but since he is no longer affiliated with the club, I would not consider him a YJ evaluator. But now that you mention it, of the few Yj that did make it, they are from the 2018 team and one is from 2019...Congrats to them!

Where are the rosters posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GIRLS SELECTED TO LONG ISLAND TEAM TO ATTEND
BRINE NATIONAL ALL STAR LACROSSE ACADEMY IN MARYLAND

L.Name F. Name Pos Year Hometown St Mother Father
Berry Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Nicole Art
Carrasquillo Brianna M 2019 Rocky Point Ny Nicole Ralph
Concannon Nicole A 2017 Syosset Ny Gloria Alex
Coughlan Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Betsy Jim
George Kelly A 2017 Garden City Ny Ann Damian
Gordon Megan M 2017 Wantagh Ny Kate Dave
Harvey Noelle D 2017 Huntington Ny Donna Stan
Igneri Katelyn M 2017 Syosset Ny Kathleen Terry
Katz Lluna G 2018 Manorville Ny Hanna Mike
Kinsley Rebecca A 2017 Manhasset Ny Randy Timothy
Kotowski Katie M 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Nancy David
Medjid Jennifer A 2018 Garden City Ny Ellen Amar
Mulham Kate A 2018 Setauket Ny Corinne Matthew
Ngai Abbey G 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Ny Diane David
Sanchez Madison M 2018 Rocky Point Ny Lisa Michael
Schwertl Mackenzie D 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Alicia George
Scutaro Kirsten D 2018 Mt. Sinai Ny Gean Don
Slater Kennedy M 2017 Rockville Centre Ny Michelle Scott
Winwood Jillian M 2017 Kings Park Ny Jeanine Richard
Yu Michelle M 2017 Oyster Bay Ny Macy [lacrosse]

ALTERNATES SELECTED
Bayer Devon M 2017 Merrick Ny Susan Bob
Becker Jillian A 2018 Stony Brook Ny Ann Marie Charles
Etts Shannon M 2017 East Norwich Ny Susan Douglas
Freeman Jillian A 2017 Manhassey Ny Debbie Jason
Kaufmann Anna D 2018 Wantagh Ny Laura Steven
Kowalski Krissy G 2018 Manhasset Ny Laura Thomas
Larsson Kaitlyn G 2017 Garden City Ny Kathleen Nels
Majoy Kate A 2017 Syosset Ny Mary Eric
Smith Olivia D 2017 Port Washington Ny Rina Peter

Source : http://www.nationallacrosseclassic.com/news/long-island-girls-selected-t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GIRLS SELECTED TO LONG ISLAND TEAM TO ATTEND
BRINE NATIONAL ALL STAR LACROSSE ACADEMY IN MARYLAND

Berry Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Nicole Art
Carrasquillo Brianna M 2019 Rocky Point Ny Nicole Ralph
Concannon Nicole A 2017 Syosset Ny Gloria Alex
Coughlan Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Betsy Jim
George Kelly A 2017 Garden City Ny Ann Damian
Gordon Megan M 2017 Wantagh Ny Kate Dave
Harvey Noelle D 2017 Huntington Ny Donna Stan
Igneri Katelyn M 2017 Syosset Ny Kathleen Terry
Katz Lluna G 2018 Manorville Ny Hanna Mike
Kinsley Rebecca A 2017 Manhasset Ny Randy Timothy
Kotowski Katie M 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Nancy David
Medjid Jennifer A 2018 Garden City Ny Ellen Amar
Mulham Kate A 2018 Setauket Ny Corinne Matthew
Ngai Abbey G 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Ny Diane David
Sanchez Madison M 2018 Rocky Point Ny Lisa Michael
Schwertl Mackenzie D 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Alicia George
Scutaro Kirsten D 2018 Mt. Sinai Ny Gean Don
Slater Kennedy M 2017 Rockville Centre Ny Michelle Scott
Winwood Jillian M 2017 Kings Park Ny Jeanine Richard
Yu Michelle M 2017 Oyster Bay Ny Macy [lacrosse]

ALTERNATES SELECTED
Bayer Devon M 2017 Merrick Ny Susan Bob
Becker Jillian A 2018 Stony Brook Ny Ann Marie Charles
Etts Shannon M 2017 East Norwich Ny Susan Douglas
Freeman Jillian A 2017 Manhassey Ny Debbie Jason
Kaufmann Anna D 2018 Wantagh Ny Laura Steven
Kowalski Krissy G 2018 Manhasset Ny Laura Thomas
Larsson Kaitlyn G 2017 Garden City Ny Kathleen Nels
Majoy Kate A 2017 Syosset Ny Mary Eric
Smith Olivia D 2017 Port Washington Ny Rina Peter

Source : http://www.nationallacrosseclassic.com/news/long-island-girls-selected-t

knowing many of these players and others who tried out, you gotta wonder what exactly was the evaluator looking at during try outs, likely the print out of his own roster . The best player on my daughters club team did not make the first team while several others way down the talent ladder did. Go fugue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

best intention of the kids first? yes, the elevate kids, according to many people. I've heard positive things about him as well, but the number of elevate kids on these teams is eye opening, especially since elevate is really not a top notch program (yet). He should make changes next year to alleviate the concerns, or else good luck having only elevate kids show up to tryouts. I am not saying great kids are not on the team, I am just saying the number of elevate kids strongly suggests a bias.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

best intention of the kids first? yes, the elevate kids, according to many people. I've heard positive things about him as well, but the number of elevate kids on these teams is eye opening, especially since elevate is really not a top notch program (yet). He should make changes next year to alleviate the concerns, or else good luck having only elevate kids show up to tryouts. I am not saying great kids are not on the team, I am just saying the number of elevate kids strongly suggests a bias.

This is an example just like parent coaching. I'm sure you all have played on a team where the coaches kid barely belongs on a team if at all, yet somehow gets the bulk of playing time. Same thing is happening here. How can somebody do this without being totally embarrassed at the obvious. It would be one thing if a yj coach picked a high percentage of yj players, a case could be made to justify it, even tg. But elevate? Come on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an example just like parent coaching. I'm sure you all have played on a team where the coaches kid barely belongs on a team if at all, yet somehow gets the bulk of playing time. Same thing is happening here. How can somebody do this without being totally embarrassed at the obvious. It would be one thing if a yj coach picked a high percentage of yj players, a case could be made to justify it, even tg. But elevate? Come on now.

YJ Blue 2017 beat Team Elevate handily yesterday. I believe the first game was 13-1. Beat them in finals as well. Since majority of that team is from Elevate I'll just say: Good luck at Brine! Oh and Elevate coach got a yellow card at that 13-1 shellacking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Blue 2017 beat Team Elevate handily yesterday. I believe the first game was 13-1. Beat them in finals as well. Since majority of that team is from Elevate I'll just say: Good luck at Brine! Oh and Elevate coach got a yellow card at that 13-1 shellacking

Score of the final was 4-3. YJ over Elevate. If you''re going to keep posting about this, try not to be so slanted toward one program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a YJ parent and I'm embarrassed for the person who wrote this. This is why people hate the YJ's because of people like you. The first game was 11-1 and yes we outplayed them. The finals were 4-3 and it was a great game. After the game the coach came over to some of our parents and said great game, I'm glad the championship stays on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the 2017 Bert YJ even attended the Brine tryout. And that is a fact. You seem to be insinuating that there is some connection somewhere. Can't quite figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
brine is a joke, i could get 12 kids that didnt try out, and beat them by 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Bert did not tryout for Brine because they are going to Team Camp together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on the above quotes I would guess that the comments from the game being a blowout and brine team where not made from yj team since they have no reason to be upset with brine selection. Prob an elevate parent whose child was not selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on the above quotes I would guess that the comments from the game being a blowout and brine team where not made from yj team since they have no reason to be upset with brine selection. Prob an elevate parent whose child was not selected.

YJ 2017 Blue players were chosen for Brine last year, If you don't know Coach Dave you would know he always has the best intentions for the kids. YJ2017 Blue players apparently have another commitment so none could attend, however there are other YJ players on the team so take it for what it is. there is zero issues between Elevate 2017 and YJ 2017 Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While there may be a form of nepotism at any of these tryouts, it is also a possibility that the girls themselves may feel more comfortable in front of "their coach" and therefore, play better, more aggressively, etc... You only get 2 hours to "standout" and its not always easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brine, BTB Global & Elevate are all one in the same - can anybody say money grab?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Brine, BTB Global & Elevate are all one in the same - can anybody say money grab?
Be careful here - while Team Elevate as an element under Global Lacrosse (as opposed to Globall Sports Centers) is asssociated with the bigger company, both Brine and BTB have other partners involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any Top Rising Freshman for high school girls?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard