@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used for discussions, news, and analysis of the Girls 2017 graduation year programs during the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 seasonal year.
Session 2 indoor schedule at the Inline 1 facility for Seventh and Eighth Graders.

[Linked Image]
Standings from the Girls High School Red division at the Sports Hub through February 3rd action.

Standings - Girls High School Red

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Huntington Blue Devils 7 6 0 1 125 88 19 37
Team Elevate 2017 7 6 1 0 122 61 18 61
Team Elevate 2016 6 3 2 1 97 74 10 23
Red Hots 6 3 2 1 99 89 10 10
Yellow Jackets- JV 7 3 4 0 97 98 9 -1
Lady Riders 7 2 4 1 98 112 7 -14
Cyclones 7 2 5 0 81 108 6 -27
Mercy 7 0 7 0 64 153 0 -89
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 -
Wow! Over 100 girls tried out for the Brine all star national academy team and 11 of the 20 girls selected play for Team Elevate 2017. Several alternates are also from Team Elevate. Coincidence, or was it because their coach Dave Kotowski ran the tryout? There were plenty of top player's in attendance from all the LI lax clubs.....those club's are very under-represented on the roster.
Future tryouts should be run by independent evaluators from Brine.
Save your money on tryout fees next year or at least try to find out which LI club will be heading up the tryouts.
I'm sure I'll get blasted for wasting my time comparing the roster's...but hey, I
was curious....
Good Luck to the girls selected.
Good for the girls on team elevate. Maybe not so fair for players not as well known from other clubs.
It seems all these type of tryouts are run by coaches from the different clubs...ie Under Armor/yellow jackets. Until these tryouts are all run by independent evaluators this will always be the case.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow! Over 100 girls tried out for the Brine all star national academy team and 11 of the 20 girls selected play for Team Elevate 2017. Several alternates are also from Team Elevate. Coincidence, or was it because their coach Dave Kotowski ran the tryout? There were plenty of top player's in attendance from all the LI lax clubs.....those club's are very under-represented on the roster.
Save your money on tryout fees next year or at least try to find out which LI club will be heading up the tryouts.
I'm sure I'll get blasted for wasting my time comparing the roster's...but hey, I
was curious....

Had I known the "evaluators" were from the same travel program I would not have sent my girl. They allowed sticks to the head and illegal checking during scrimmages, warning to future parents- Its all about the money! Think about it- 135 girls x $100pp and more than half the team is from Elevate!
was curious....

SOUNDS LIKE AN fl$ SCAM

Had I known the "evaluators" were from the same travel program I would not have sent my girl. They allowed sticks to the head and illegal checking during scrimmages, warning to future parents- Its all about the money! Think about it- 135 girls x $100pp and more than half the team is from Elevate!
Good for the girls on team elevate. Maybe not so fair for players not as well known from other clubs.
It seems all these type of tryouts are run by coaches from the different clubs...ie Under Armor/yellow jackets. Until these tryouts are all run by independent evaluators this will always be the case.

I concur and wish we had been made aware before the "tryout" that the Elevate coaching staff would be determining who made the team. The scrimage was a disaster and several girls were injured as a result.
Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate program. Classless.
Elevate does not make money off the tryouts. My daughter made the team and is not from Elevate. I also know every single HS coach in Nassau and Suffolk were asked to be evaluators. There were evaluators who were from 91, YJ, along with high school coaches.
sour grapes. maybe just maybe your daughter is not as good as you think she is.

I am sure there are some very talented girls who did not make the team but they only took 20.

Last year there were two teams, i don't know why they are only sending one this year.

Congratulations to the girls that made it.

How could it possibly be a fair tryout when my daughter not make the team? She is the best and i know that she is better than your daughter.

Dont bring your daughter to any tryouts, just sit home and blame someone.

I concur and wish we had been made aware before the "tryout" that the Elevate coaching staff would be determining who made the team. The scrimage was a disaster and several girls were injured as a result.
Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate program. Classless.

If you have ever watched Super Dave coach than nothing should surprise you. You can bet that it will be mentioned on all his girls resume how they were selected for the Brine camp just like last year, too funny!

Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate
program. Classless.

How does the 2017 team Elevate compare to other teams at this age group? Are they competitive?

I'm going to have to disagree with this one, my daughter plays for another club and we have dealt with Coach K in many venues associated with lacrosse he always has the best intentions of the kids first. Get all of the facts first he wa not the only evaluator there and this was a three age group tryout, so it is very possible that X amount of kids from Team Elevate 2017 made the team. 100 kids is not a [lacrosse] of a lot and you don't know who attended from other top clubs.
Really? an evaluator present was from YJ? please tell us who that was, because my daughter plays for YJ and there was no evaluator from our club there...
True, Elevate does not make the money off the tryout....Brine does....Elevate just gets the opportunity to make the decision of who gets on the team...as would any LI club if they were chosen to run the tryout....Yes there were 2 girls teams last year...
On the Brine website...there are 2 long island boys middle school teams of 24 players each...Why not the same for the girls? out of 135 girls trying out...2 teams of 20 would have given more girls a shot.
If you are having your kids enter the Zummo / East Islip Camp at the Easr Islip marina, be sure you spray them well to avoid any ticks.
Congratulations to all the girls that made it. This type of unfair evaluations happens in athletics all the time. I say keep working and you will rise above it. It's unfortunate that children have to be subjected to this type of behavior by adults; who should be role models?

Lacrosse is a small community and this just put a black eye on the Team Elevate
program. Classless.

How does the 2017 team Elevate compare to other teams at this age group? Are they competitive?

They are a second level team at best in terms of competition level at all their age groups.I am sure have some very good players but have played their 2016 and 2017 age teams and not on the level of the bigger clubs.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one, my daughter plays for another club and we have dealt with Coach K in many venues associated with lacrosse he always has the best intentions of the kids first. Get all of the facts first he wa not the only evaluator there and this was a three age group tryout, so it is very possible that X amount of kids from Team Elevate 2017 made the team. 100 kids is not a [lacrosse] of a lot and you don't know who attended from other top clubs.

If you know Dave you know what he is all about. I've known him for 15+ years. If you need any favor he is the first to help. I know for a fact he has helped kids from YJ, LI Wave, Top Guns and Express with college. He is all about helping the girls.
Tryout was a joke. Should not be evaluating if you have a girl that age group. I was there. Definitely should have some other 2017 players on list. No way 11 girls from elevate were better than the rest. Also can't have another dad of girl same age evaluating. We are done trying for this. Total waste of time and money for going down to something where majority of team is already picked. So tired of friends and family package. Shame on those who have tainted everything with need to go schmooze with coaches!!

If you know Dave you know what he is all about. I've known him for 15+ years. If you need any favor he is the first to help. I know for a fact he has helped kids from YJ, LI Wave, Top Guns and Express with college. He is all about helping the girls.
Maybe an ex YJ dad. But dad of goalie was out evaluating. Somehow other girls who played on her team last year also made team.....go figure????

Really? an evaluator present was from YJ? please tell us who that was, because my daughter plays for YJ and there was no evaluator from our club there...
Tryout was a joke. Should not be evaluating if you have a girl that age group. I was there. Definitely should have some other 2017 players on list. No way 11 girls from elevate were better than the rest. Also can't have another dad of girl same age evaluating. We are done trying for this. Total waste of time and money for going down to something where majority of team is already picked. So tired of friends and family package. Shame on those who have tainted everything with need to go schmooze with coaches!!

here's a question. How many girls from elevate did not make the team?
Ahh, you are right...the ex-2018 Yj coach was there, but since he is no longer affiliated with the club, I would not consider him a YJ evaluator. But now that you mention it, of the few Yj that did make it, they are from the 2018 team and one is from 2019...Congrats to them!

Ahh, you are right...the ex-2018 Yj coach was there, but since he is no longer affiliated with the club, I would not consider him a YJ evaluator. But now that you mention it, of the few Yj that did make it, they are from the 2018 team and one is from 2019...Congrats to them!

Where are the rosters posted?
GIRLS SELECTED TO LONG ISLAND TEAM TO ATTEND
BRINE NATIONAL ALL STAR LACROSSE ACADEMY IN MARYLAND

L.Name F. Name Pos Year Hometown St Mother Father
Berry Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Nicole Art
Carrasquillo Brianna M 2019 Rocky Point Ny Nicole Ralph
Concannon Nicole A 2017 Syosset Ny Gloria Alex
Coughlan Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Betsy Jim
George Kelly A 2017 Garden City Ny Ann Damian
Gordon Megan M 2017 Wantagh Ny Kate Dave
Harvey Noelle D 2017 Huntington Ny Donna Stan
Igneri Katelyn M 2017 Syosset Ny Kathleen Terry
Katz Lluna G 2018 Manorville Ny Hanna Mike
Kinsley Rebecca A 2017 Manhasset Ny Randy Timothy
Kotowski Katie M 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Nancy David
Medjid Jennifer A 2018 Garden City Ny Ellen Amar
Mulham Kate A 2018 Setauket Ny Corinne Matthew
Ngai Abbey G 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Ny Diane David
Sanchez Madison M 2018 Rocky Point Ny Lisa Michael
Schwertl Mackenzie D 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Alicia George
Scutaro Kirsten D 2018 Mt. Sinai Ny Gean Don
Slater Kennedy M 2017 Rockville Centre Ny Michelle Scott
Winwood Jillian M 2017 Kings Park Ny Jeanine Richard
Yu Michelle M 2017 Oyster Bay Ny Macy [lacrosse]

ALTERNATES SELECTED
Bayer Devon M 2017 Merrick Ny Susan Bob
Becker Jillian A 2018 Stony Brook Ny Ann Marie Charles
Etts Shannon M 2017 East Norwich Ny Susan Douglas
Freeman Jillian A 2017 Manhassey Ny Debbie Jason
Kaufmann Anna D 2018 Wantagh Ny Laura Steven
Kowalski Krissy G 2018 Manhasset Ny Laura Thomas
Larsson Kaitlyn G 2017 Garden City Ny Kathleen Nels
Majoy Kate A 2017 Syosset Ny Mary Eric
Smith Olivia D 2017 Port Washington Ny Rina Peter

Source : http://www.nationallacrosseclassic.com/news/long-island-girls-selected-t
GIRLS SELECTED TO LONG ISLAND TEAM TO ATTEND
BRINE NATIONAL ALL STAR LACROSSE ACADEMY IN MARYLAND

Berry Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Nicole Art
Carrasquillo Brianna M 2019 Rocky Point Ny Nicole Ralph
Concannon Nicole A 2017 Syosset Ny Gloria Alex
Coughlan Shannon D 2018 Setauket Ny Betsy Jim
George Kelly A 2017 Garden City Ny Ann Damian
Gordon Megan M 2017 Wantagh Ny Kate Dave
Harvey Noelle D 2017 Huntington Ny Donna Stan
Igneri Katelyn M 2017 Syosset Ny Kathleen Terry
Katz Lluna G 2018 Manorville Ny Hanna Mike
Kinsley Rebecca A 2017 Manhasset Ny Randy Timothy
Kotowski Katie M 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Nancy David
Medjid Jennifer A 2018 Garden City Ny Ellen Amar
Mulham Kate A 2018 Setauket Ny Corinne Matthew
Ngai Abbey G 2017 Cold Spring Harbor Ny Diane David
Sanchez Madison M 2018 Rocky Point Ny Lisa Michael
Schwertl Mackenzie D 2017 Lloyd Harbor Ny Alicia George
Scutaro Kirsten D 2018 Mt. Sinai Ny Gean Don
Slater Kennedy M 2017 Rockville Centre Ny Michelle Scott
Winwood Jillian M 2017 Kings Park Ny Jeanine Richard
Yu Michelle M 2017 Oyster Bay Ny Macy [lacrosse]

ALTERNATES SELECTED
Bayer Devon M 2017 Merrick Ny Susan Bob
Becker Jillian A 2018 Stony Brook Ny Ann Marie Charles
Etts Shannon M 2017 East Norwich Ny Susan Douglas
Freeman Jillian A 2017 Manhassey Ny Debbie Jason
Kaufmann Anna D 2018 Wantagh Ny Laura Steven
Kowalski Krissy G 2018 Manhasset Ny Laura Thomas
Larsson Kaitlyn G 2017 Garden City Ny Kathleen Nels
Majoy Kate A 2017 Syosset Ny Mary Eric
Smith Olivia D 2017 Port Washington Ny Rina Peter

Source : http://www.nationallacrosseclassic.com/news/long-island-girls-selected-t

knowing many of these players and others who tried out, you gotta wonder what exactly was the evaluator looking at during try outs, likely the print out of his own roster . The best player on my daughters club team did not make the first team while several others way down the talent ladder did. Go fugue?

best intention of the kids first? yes, the elevate kids, according to many people. I've heard positive things about him as well, but the number of elevate kids on these teams is eye opening, especially since elevate is really not a top notch program (yet). He should make changes next year to alleviate the concerns, or else good luck having only elevate kids show up to tryouts. I am not saying great kids are not on the team, I am just saying the number of elevate kids strongly suggests a bias.

best intention of the kids first? yes, the elevate kids, according to many people. I've heard positive things about him as well, but the number of elevate kids on these teams is eye opening, especially since elevate is really not a top notch program (yet). He should make changes next year to alleviate the concerns, or else good luck having only elevate kids show up to tryouts. I am not saying great kids are not on the team, I am just saying the number of elevate kids strongly suggests a bias.

This is an example just like parent coaching. I'm sure you all have played on a team where the coaches kid barely belongs on a team if at all, yet somehow gets the bulk of playing time. Same thing is happening here. How can somebody do this without being totally embarrassed at the obvious. It would be one thing if a yj coach picked a high percentage of yj players, a case could be made to justify it, even tg. But elevate? Come on now.

This is an example just like parent coaching. I'm sure you all have played on a team where the coaches kid barely belongs on a team if at all, yet somehow gets the bulk of playing time. Same thing is happening here. How can somebody do this without being totally embarrassed at the obvious. It would be one thing if a yj coach picked a high percentage of yj players, a case could be made to justify it, even tg. But elevate? Come on now.

YJ Blue 2017 beat Team Elevate handily yesterday. I believe the first game was 13-1. Beat them in finals as well. Since majority of that team is from Elevate I'll just say: Good luck at Brine! Oh and Elevate coach got a yellow card at that 13-1 shellacking

YJ Blue 2017 beat Team Elevate handily yesterday. I believe the first game was 13-1. Beat them in finals as well. Since majority of that team is from Elevate I'll just say: Good luck at Brine! Oh and Elevate coach got a yellow card at that 13-1 shellacking

Score of the final was 4-3. YJ over Elevate. If you''re going to keep posting about this, try not to be so slanted toward one program.

I'm a YJ parent and I'm embarrassed for the person who wrote this. This is why people hate the YJ's because of people like you. The first game was 11-1 and yes we outplayed them. The finals were 4-3 and it was a great game. After the game the coach came over to some of our parents and said great game, I'm glad the championship stays on Long Island.

None of the 2017 Bert YJ even attended the Brine tryout. And that is a fact. You seem to be insinuating that there is some connection somewhere. Can't quite figure it out.
brine is a joke, i could get 12 kids that didnt try out, and beat them by 10.
YJ Bert did not tryout for Brine because they are going to Team Camp together.

Based on the above quotes I would guess that the comments from the game being a blowout and brine team where not made from yj team since they have no reason to be upset with brine selection. Prob an elevate parent whose child was not selected.

Based on the above quotes I would guess that the comments from the game being a blowout and brine team where not made from yj team since they have no reason to be upset with brine selection. Prob an elevate parent whose child was not selected.

YJ 2017 Blue players were chosen for Brine last year, If you don't know Coach Dave you would know he always has the best intentions for the kids. YJ2017 Blue players apparently have another commitment so none could attend, however there are other YJ players on the team so take it for what it is. there is zero issues between Elevate 2017 and YJ 2017 Blue.
While there may be a form of nepotism at any of these tryouts, it is also a possibility that the girls themselves may feel more comfortable in front of "their coach" and therefore, play better, more aggressively, etc... You only get 2 hours to "standout" and its not always easy.

Brine, BTB Global & Elevate are all one in the same - can anybody say money grab?

Brine, BTB Global & Elevate are all one in the same - can anybody say money grab?
Be careful here - while Team Elevate as an element under Global Lacrosse (as opposed to Globall Sports Centers) is asssociated with the bigger company, both Brine and BTB have other partners involved.
Is there any Top Rising Freshman for high school girls?
Predictions for 2017 National Draw this weekend?

I would think M&D Black has to be the favorite but a couple of other teams like TG 17 Black and Lady Roc 17 Yellow could make it interesting.
Team Elevate 2017 are the 2013 National Draw Champions!

Too bad Yj 2017 blue not there. Maybe next week at lax for cure

Team Elevator come down from the top floor, No Skywalkers, Steps, Heros, YJ Blue and other big dogs weren't even at the Draw. Be humble people may like you a bit more, second thought scratch that as long as Coach K is running the show and his elevator doesn't reach the top floor you will always be a second rate outfit.

Team Elevator come down from the top floor, No Skywalkers, Steps, Heros, YJ Blue and other big dogs weren't even at the Draw. Be humble people may like you a bit more, second thought scratch that as long as Coach K is running the show and his elevator doesn't reach the top floor you will always be a second rate outfit.

Congrats to Team Elevate 2017 on winning National Draw. They won and earned some recognition. You, however, sound very bitter. Personal issue?

Team Elevate only had to play M&D Black, TG Black, Lady Roc Yellow, M&D Red, Dynamite Black...and came out Champions!

Wow - what a pathetic person you are. You have to come on board and make a post like this.
YJ 2017 top team Northeast Regionals champs heading to florida!!

Wow - what a pathetic person you are. You have to come on board and make a post like this.
this from the organization that beats there chest over 2015 national draw champs when all the top teams like Sky walkers, MD United, Capital, ect. were all at I.W.L.C.A. . Your second best 2015 team barley won against the Wave.

this from the organization that beats there chest over 2015 national draw champs when all the top teams like Sky walkers, MD United, Capital, ect. were all at I.W.L.C.A. . Your second best 2015 team barley won against the Wave.

Beating their chest? One post that says they won National Draw - that is beating their chest? So it's ok for YJ's to post away about their championships and no one else can post about theirs? Congratulations Elevate on your Championship. Bitter people who are unhappy with themselves need to tear others down to make themselves feel better.
Not on Team Elevate, but played against them yesterday. They were a good team and I would like to say congratulations to them. There is nothing wrong with their original post. I wanted to know who won and tried to find it on the tournament's website, but it was listed yet.

Team Elevator come down from the top floor, No Skywalkers, Steps, Heros, YJ Blue and other big dogs weren't even at the Draw. ...

Beating their chest? One post that says they won National Draw - that is beating their chest?
The debates about "who did you beat?" in youth sports have raged forever.

You play the teams that register for the tournament. The simpla fact is that Team Elevate 2017 won the National Draw 2017 Championship. There are no "yeah, but" explanations needed. If your team wanted to win the title, they should have shown up. Elevate did and they won it.

The more important point is not trying to throw stones about the crown, but why are so many of the Maryland teams picking up their tents and moving to another tournament. BOTC received word that there is increasing dissatisfaction with the National Draw from the teams in its own backyard which might imply some shifting in the ladies tournament landscape next season.

The YJ organization did the right thing by not sending a team to Va and wasting 1000 bucks per family for that dreadful trip when the team is almost fully committed.

The YJ organization did the right thing by not sending a team to Va and wasting 1000 bucks per family for that dreadful trip when the team is almost fully committed.

Was the tournament bad? I heard games were spaced out with some lousy times but that is all I heard. Please share how tournament was
I too would like to congratulate them. They are a good team, that played good lacrosse yesterday. Congrats to Team Elevate 2017...TG Parent

Not on Team Elevate, but played against them yesterday. They were a good team and I would like to say congratulations to them. There is nothing wrong with their original post. I wanted to know who won and tried to find it on the tournament's website, but it was listed yet.
Originally Posted by CageSage
You play the teams that register for the tournament. The simpla fact is that Team Elevate 2017 won the National Draw 2017 Championship. There are no "yeah, but" explanations needed. If your team wanted to win the title, they should have shown up. Elevate did and they won it.
Team Elevate could have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy the Yellow Jackets and instead, they win a coveted 2017 prize with a grass roots effort.

Team Elevator come down from the top floor, No Skywalkers, Steps, Heros, YJ Blue and other big dogs weren't even at the Draw. ...

Beating their chest? One post that says they won National Draw - that is beating their chest?

The more important point is not trying to throw stones about the crown, but why are so many of the Maryland teams picking up their tents and moving to another tournament. BOTC received word that there is increasing dissatisfaction with the National Draw from the teams in its own backyard which might imply some shifting in the ladies tournament landscape next season.

Plenty of younger teams at national draw change of landscape
Came when IWLCA ran another tournament on te same date for recruiting
Older kids
National Draw 2013

Congrats to the 2013 National Draw Champs!

2014: Yellow Jackets 14 Thorn

2015: Yellow Jackets 15 LM

2016: Yellow Jackets 16 Defo

2017: Team Elevate 17 Blue

2018: Yellow Jackets 18 Rose

2019: M&D 19 Black

2020/21: Yellow Jackets 20 Jones

Awesome weekend. Well run. Above are the winners at each age. The hard work of these young players should not be tarnished by "Club to Club" disrespectful slander.
YJ Elevate and MD should enjoy the wins Well done!!!

Anything less than that and you are destroying the very thing that these clubs should be teaching our girls about life, hard work, sportsmanship, reaching goals, self confidence, teamwork, FUN!!!
National Draw 2013

Congrats to the 2013 National Draw Champs!

2014: Yellow Jackets 14 Thorn

2015: Yellow Jackets 15 LM

2016: Yellow Jackets 16 Defo

2017: Team Elevate 17 Blue

2018: Yellow Jackets 18 Rose

2019: M&D 19 Black

2020/21: Yellow Jackets 20 Jones

Awesome weekend. Well run. Above are the winners at each age. The hard work of these young players should not be tarnished by "Club to Club" disrespectful slander.
YJ Elevate and MD should enjoy the wins Well done!!!

Anything less than that and you are destroying the very thing that these clubs should be teaching our girls about life, hard work, sportsmanship, reaching goals, self confidence, teamwork, FUN!!!

Great post. My daughter plays for YJ's and I watched the Elevate 2017 coach congratulate CR and our players when they were taking pictures.
[quote=Anonymous]Team Elevate 2017 are the 2013 National Draw Champions!

You play the teams that register for the tournament. There are no "yeah, but" explanations needed. If your team wanted to win the title, they should have shown up.

Not necessarily true. One bracket was stacked with the toughest teams in some age divisions, basically making it impossible for the 2 strongest teams to advance to the finals. While other brackets in these same age divisions were light and some weaker teams had an easier path to the finals.
Not necessarily true. One bracket was stacked with the toughest teams in some age divisions, basically making it impossible for the 2 strongest teams to advance to the finals. While other brackets in these same age divisions were light and some weaker teams had an easier path to the finals.
Stacked brackets, which was not the case here if you look at the National Draw 2017 Final Four, is a very different discussion from degrading a team championship based on the fact that specific other teams did not attend.
If you look at the final four, it is obvious that the brackets were stacked. Some brackets were better competition than others. I think it's a good way to organize it. I am happy that my daughter's team was in a stacked bracket. She would rather play good competition both days than wait until the semi finals for a good game. It also makes each game more interesting to watch than lopsided games. Congratulations to Team Elevate! They were great competition and shame on people for getting on here being poor sports.
Stacked brackets, which was not the case here if you look at the National Draw 2017 Final Four, is a very different discussion from degrading a team championship based on the fact that specific other teams did not attend.

true
Would love to see a tournament consisting of:

M&D Black 17
YJ Blue 2017 (Bert)
Lady Roc 2017 Yellow
Skywalker 2017 Blue
Elevate 17 Blue (honestly did not consider them in this class before this weekend but results speak for them selves).

No idea who would win but all the games would be fantastic .

Who if anyone am I missing who deserves to be in the conversation?

M&D Black 17
YJ Blue 2017 (Bert)
Lady Roc 2017 Yellow
Skywalker 2017 Blue
Elevate 17 Blue (honestly did not consider them in this class before this weekend but results speak for them selves).

Just for the record, yj beat elevate 13-1 in a 50 min game 2 wks ago.

M&D Black 17
YJ Blue 2017 (Bert)
Lady Roc 2017 Yellow
Skywalker 2017 Blue

Just for the record, yj beat elevate 13-1 in a 50 min game 2 wks ago.

Won't be a TG team until the directors put the best of both teams together and stops playing politics with the parents that kiss his [lacrosse]. Half of each team would make a dynamic top team with an agressive coach .
You people are crazy. This is 9 Grade lacrosse. Do you have nothing better to do than sit on these boards and bash 9th grade lacrosse girls. Honestly, these tournaments should reevaluate the bracket and play off situation. You have a "B" team that plays their hearts out and goes 4-0 two weeks in a row putting them into the playoffs only to play against the "A" teams giving them no chance of winning a tournament. The boys don't take all their brackets and combine them to make one winner. As far as the team elevate loss to YJ 11-1, they certainly saved face by coming back and meeting them in the finals and only losing 5-4. Give these girls some credit and stop hating so much. That's why sports have become the way they have bc of the crazy parents who obsess over them and think their kid is going to be the next D1 star.
Team 91 2017
Team 91 2017

What tournaments have they played in? They won Laxfest - big deal.
Wow
Team 91 is the next up and coming club team. The director Darby is VERY nice and very hands on and knws that part of the service is parent communication, good coaching and a competitive training experience which is included with 2x a week practices. The uniforms are gorgeous and the club is sure to get talent trying out as a result of Express girls folding and Beachbums not far behind it. Add to that the YJ talent looking to be taken seriously and TG half assed coaching and 91 may have more girls tryout than ever before. 2 older girls did fine in their respective clubs, this 2017 girls group has alotof talent. It's really going to come down to who retains the talent and excesses the lumps and bumps that should never have had a chance. Elevate looked fierce his summer, looks like we will know more in 60 days after all the tryouts are over! Good luck kids!

The perception out there is that National Draw (and All-Star Express also) are YJ controlled events, everyone knows that CR and her old cronies control all the seeding and brackets. That coupled with the fact that many in the lax community are just tiring of the YJ act is why more and more teams will be opting out of this event. There's a changing of the gaurd taking place...
Team 91 is the next up and coming club team. The director Darby is VERY nice and very hands on and knws that part of the service is parent communication, good coaching and a competitive training experience which is included with 2x a week practices. The uniforms are gorgeous and the club is sure to get talent trying out as a result of Express girls folding and Beachbums not far behind it. Add to that the YJ talent looking to be taken seriously and TG half assed coaching and 91 may have more girls tryout than ever before. 2 older girls did fine in their respective clubs, this 2017 girls group has alotof talent. It's really going to come down to who retains the talent and excesses the lumps and bumps that should never have had a chance. Elevate looked fierce his summer, looks like we will know more in 60 days after all the tryouts are over! Good luck kids!

TG half assed coaching? Nice. Don't know which coaches you're talking about. Has Express Girls folding been confirmed? Beach Bums is planning to ADD two new age groups next summer. You're just firing out dumb, general nonsense. Good luck with your gorgeous uniforms (that's important!)...

The perception out there is that National Draw (and All-Star Express also) are YJ controlled events, everyone knows that CR and her old cronies control all the seeding and brackets. That coupled with the fact that many in the lax community are just tiring of the YJ act is why more and more teams will be opting out of this event. There's a changing of the gaurd taking place...

I do see an effort by 91 to try and make the girls side competative, and that is great, wish them luck. You are likely correct with some of the lesser local clubs evaporating, but your perception of where this program stands right now is optimistic at best. The sheltered tournament schedule the program attends is a great way to improve the program as the success will build confidence (eveident by your posts). Attending the top tournaments and playing in the top brackets against the top teams will destroy a club quickly if the teams are not up to the task. I wish the program luck because the more places that offer a competitive team option on long island the better, but be wary of your success thus far as the program has a long way to go.
Just watched the 2017 Team 91 Girls play against the 2017 Blue (A) Team--- This is coming from a parent from the CT Chargers! Wow! Team 91 REALLY did play well against this amazing team! Halfway through the game the score was 2-4! Have you ever heard that? Earlier this morning YJ played a team (whose name I can not remember) and CRUSHED THEM! With a score of about 1-19! REALLY? I don't know much about Team 91 but they showed spectacular playing and really were amazing considering who they were playing against

TG half assed coaching? Nice. Don't know which coaches you're talking about. Has Express Girls folding been confirmed? Beach Bums is planning to ADD two new age groups next summer. You're just firing out dumb, general nonsense. Good luck with your gorgeous uniforms (that's important!)...

Thank you, having been on both teams I actually DO know what I'm talking about. Not "firing" anything, no need to berate.
Just watched the 2017 Team 91 Girls play against the 2017 Blue (A) Team--- This is coming from a parent from the CT Chargers! Wow! Team 91 REALLY did play well against this amazing team! Halfway through the game the score was 2-4! Have you ever heard that? Earlier this morning YJ played a team (whose name I can not remember) and CRUSHED THEM! With a score of about 1-19! REALLY? I don't know much about Team 91 but they showed spectacular playing and really were amazing considering who they were playing against

Can we please have the 91 directors stop making these posts. It's laughable. You had to hold a second round of tryouts just to field a team. You are doing this now to try to get girls to come to your tryouts. Your girls program is a joke.

The girls get 2(!) practices a week and have excellent coaches, and Darby is there at every one getting to know the girls and their families. It's a very positive and motivating enviornment.

Thank you, having been on both teams I actually DO know what I'm talking about. Not "firing" anything, no need to berate.

No need to berate? What is your comment about half assed coaching? Think those coaches would consider that berating? Glad you moved on, and found someplace you're happy...Hopefully, your daughter's happy too. Enjoy the gorgeous uniforms.
There wasn't a second round of tryouts?? What are you talking about
This is not a 91 director..this is just a spectator from the CT chargers just commenting on what I saw..nice try

Team 91 did NOT do well against the YJ 2017 blue this past weekend. It was as easy as taking candy from a baby for the YJ 2017, it was comical!!
Which YJ 17 team was the "blue" team at <<Deleted>>? Normally I look for Bert but none of the 17 teams were listed as Bert.

Where can we see the results, teams played, etc? Tanks
Which YJ 17 team was the "blue" team at <<Deleted>>? Normally I look for Bert but none of the 17 teams were listed as Bert.

YJ Blue Bert has been renamed YJ Cook

17 cook is the same as 17 bert

Thanks no one said it was a different team just renamed, original coach "BERT" no longer with team period!
Were you watching the same game?? MIDWAY it was 2-4...Team 91 kept up a good fight
Were you watching the same game?? MIDWAY it was 2-4...Team 91 kept up a good fight

What was the final?

Thanks no one said it was a different team just renamed, original coach "BERT" no longer with team period!

ok, no need for the exclamation point and antagonistic comment, I was merely stating that 17 Cook is the same as 17 Bert. I was not implying, insinuating, or intimating anything other than it was the same team different name. My kid is a happy member of the team regardless what they call it and "Bert" will always be a part of that team!!!

ok, no need for the exclamation point and antagonistic comment, I was merely stating that 17 Cook is the same as 17 Bert. I was not implying, insinuating, or intimating anything other than it was the same team different name. My kid is a happy member of the team regardless what they call it and "Bert" will always be a part of that team!!!

Thanks Pete, not everyone feels like you
© US Lacrosse Community Forum