BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 214 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there a list of the girls who won AA and academic AA? Curious who won

Ask the LB gnome he has been crying, texting and politicking for ever and to who ever will listen. I give him credit though it worked Long Beach Laxers AA(s) and honorable mention, what a joke !!! How is Long Beach going to do in states this weekend? LOL

Pretty tough coming from behind the key board...why don't you say it to his face...we played LB, good team...they lost to GC like everyone else...What town you from tough guy?

Actually I think the previous poster has it correct the aforementioned "LB Gnome dad" does not no when to shut the f*#k up; he was described pretty accurately as cry baby, know it all, kiss [lacrosse], the guy is a pest..... As for Long Beach team they are one of the better Nassau teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC crushes Yorktown in B semi this AM...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck has 7 college commits on their team. Harvard, Davidson, UVA x2, William and Mary, Wagner, And Adelphi.(according to lax power). Not too bad for a school with a class size of about 100 with only one senior on the team. Give them a little credit. Nice job to you Mattituck. Mr sour grapes obviously did not make the playoffs. I'm from Mt Sinai and we play Mattituck every year and have never lost to them, but they do deserve some credit for what they have done in such a short time as a varsity. I think only six years. They give us some of our closest games every year.

Agree. They deserve a little credit. They are a decent team. They are not as good as their journey is taking them. No emotion. Just fact. If they weren't in the PAL division you would not hear a word about them.

I think may years ago the parents of these players knew Mattituck was going to be moved to class D. So they moved to Mattituck groomed their daughters to play Lacrosse now they are County Champs on the way to States. Most logical explanation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level
even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Whatever the case, they basically play in a PAL league of 5 small teams- they're a middle of the pack or low ranked team at best in any other division

Honestly you just sound like a complete jeolous loser. The Mattituck coaches and parents could not be nicer ,what team does your kid play on?
Tell us which division they would be so low ranked in . Just looking at past results , have made playoffs in the C the past 3-4 years , have beaten the best teams in the B (RP ESM) when they played last, and the only A division team they play each year they have beaten relatively easily ( an A division team who made the playoffs this year winning their first game ) .They have played in the toughest division in Suffolk the past several years and an argument could be made that if they were in another division they may have had a chance at winning it .

Niceness has nothing to do with how they would rank. I'm sure are a nice team. A nice team that would do ok in other divisions. Sorry it bothers you that people thinks their league is a joke. They didn't even have playoff games but went straight to the countys and beat a weak team. Just stating facts

The only fact that bothers me is you are a [lacrosse]. Why would an adult come onto this site with the sole purpose to put down young girls accomplishments , because you are a [lacrosse] , there is no other explanation. My kid lost in the LIC this year and has been to the states previously and it's an awesome experience that your kid will never have , get over it . We have played Mattituck and have beaten and lost to them in the past but it is always a difficult game . I can guarantee you that if they were in our division they would have been one of the top teams possibly winning it .

You're obviously emotionally attached. Just stating facts. Its a weak league. They win in a weak league. No attack on kids. Just stating these nice kids play in a weak division. Every state probably has a league like this. Ours happens to be D.

Weak with 5 teams in it. Joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk power ranking
#1- C division
#2- A division
#3 - B division
# 4 - D division

There is a huge gap from 3-4. Mattituck being the one bright spot. C division has some of the best teams, but also some of the worst. A and B could be swapped.
Suffolk NEEDS to power conference!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai wins semi 16 - 1...just give them the trophy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk power ranking
#1- C division
#2- A division
#3 - B division
# 4 - D division

There is a huge gap from 3-4. Mattituck being the one bright spot. C division has some of the best teams, but also some of the worst. A and B could be swapped.
Suffolk NEEDS to power conference!

Couldn't agree more on the last part - top 4-6 from A, 2 from B, 3 from C and 1 from D would make a great competitive season for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

I mean do they play lax upstate?

Even M Sinai's first round opponent was a better sparring partner than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax needs to go the way of wrestling
Section 11 champ and section 8 champ both go upstate
Only sending li champ is a diservice to county champs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

Mattituck was almost doubled up! To the other persons point - are they that good?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level

even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Whatever the case, they basically play in a PAL league of 5 small teams- they're a middle of the pack or low ranked team at best in any other division

Honestly you just sound like a complete jeolous loser. The Mattituck coaches and parents could not be nicer ,what team does your kid play on?
Tell us which division they would be so low ranked in . Just looking at past results , have made playoffs in the C the past 3-4 years , have beaten the best teams in the B (RP ESM) when they played last, and the only A division team they play each year they have beaten relatively easily ( an A division team who made the playoffs this year winning their first game ) .They have played in the toughest division in Suffolk the past several years and an argument could be made that if they were in another division they may have had a chance at winning it .

Niceness has nothing to do with how they would rank. I'm sure are a nice team. A nice team that would do ok in other divisions. Sorry it bothers you that people thinks their league is a joke. They didn't even have playoff games but went straight to the countys and beat a weak team. Just stating facts

The only fact that bothers me is you are a [lacrosse]. Why would an adult come onto this site with the sole purpose to put down young girls accomplishments , because you are a [lacrosse] , there is no other explanation. My kid lost in the LIC this year and has been to the states previously and it's an awesome experience that your kid will never have , get over it . We have played Mattituck and have beaten and lost to them in the past but it is always a difficult game . I can guarantee you that if they were in our division they would have been one of the top teams possibly winning it .

You're obviously emotionally attached. Just stating facts. Its a weak league. They win in a weak league. No attack on kids. Just stating these nice kids play in a weak division. Every state probably has a league like this. Ours happens to be D.

Signed , jeoulous [lacrosse](jd)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree
Top 12 no order
1. Ward Melville
2. Middle Country
3. Northport
4. West Islip
5. Smithtown East
6. ESM
7. Rocky Point
8. Mt Sinai
9. BPBP
10. SWR
11. Sachem North
12. Mattituck/Southold

Would make a nice group. Leave some room for out of Section games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

Class A has had some success outside of LI; the other divisions, not so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

Guess you're forgetting Garden City in B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the "lax fan" who thinks Mattituck is a middle of the pack team. You should try to get them on you teams schedule next year. With them not graduating any starters I'm sure your daughters team should be able to beat up the middle of the pack Mattituck team next year. I'm from Riverhead and trust me-they were no middle of the pack team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put up or shut up... All LIC teams play in a round robin tournament
Now that would be fun ... only thing on the line would be bragging rights.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck is a solid team - well coached - nothing more. Look at who they beat this year. Lost to Sayville who is another young team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging rights for parents living through their kids. Kids don't care , only the parents do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Mount Sinai and Garden City on winning State Championships! Two great teams!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

True, but they did not win in 2014 and 2015. After Mt Sinai the most consistent program on LI. Congrats with their win and Mt Sinai.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

True, but they did not win in 2014 and 2015. After Mt Sinai the most consistent program on LI. Congrats with their win and Mt Sinai.

Off course everyone is AFTER Mt. Sinai it is after all where god gave his laws to the Laxites!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are from Mattituck not Riverhead. Go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

After Mt nah? G.C. has won 13 of the last 22 championships, Mt Sinai has won 3? How is G.C. the most consistent AFTER MT. Sinai? Mt Sinai isn't even more consistent than SWR with 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will MC be next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are from Mattituck not Riverhead. Go away

Let me guess your are the father of an overweight kid who was not good enough to get her team to the LIC and you have taught her to make excuses instead of telling her to work harder. Not sure about your jealousy, are the Mattituck parents , kids , coaches overly cocky ? Not sure why you would be so upset that they play in a division based on the size of their school just like we all do . Do they say it's a difficult division or is it just your need to make yourself feel better about your "shortcomings " so you want to knock them down. Give it a rest , head down to Corey beach and cool off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have the best chance at winning Suffolk A in 2018?

Northport - Rocky road in 17 but made it to the County Finals and should be strong in 2018.

West Islip - Some young talent on 2017 team will be in the mix in 2018.

Middle Country - Had another good year and won the County and Long Island Championships. Not sure what 2018 will be like.

Smithtown East - They lose some talent but they still have enough returning to compete in 2018.

Will there be any surprises in 2018?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

After Mt nah? G.C. has won 13 of the last 22 championships, Mt Sinai has won 3? How is G.C. the most consistent AFTER MT. Sinai? Mt Sinai isn't even more consistent than SWR with 5.

Mt. Sinai has won 4 of the last 5 and in the final 5 of last 7. That is the most dominance in recent years. Over all GC has way more history winning in girls lax. SWR won w one group of girls at a time where the competition was more like suffolk D is now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

GREAT POINT! This is GC's 15th State title... in arguably the toughest class in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our family has been locked up against GC lacrosse for almost 15 years. They never seem to have a down year and when they do, they are still better than 95% of the rest of us. Look at the model. Never a top 25 Nassau scorer. They run a ton of kids out there and not just 12 like the rest of us who play an isolation offense running 1 girl in to a brick wall of defenders.

Their community embraces the sport but their youth program teaches the game the right way and doesn't let any PAL coaches kid score 80% of the points. They grow youth interest the right way. congratulations on another championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams have the best chance at winning Suffolk A in 2018?

Northport - Rocky road in 17 but made it to the County Finals and should be strong in 2018.

West Islip - Some young talent on 2017 team will be in the mix in 2018.

Middle Country - Had another good year and won the County and Long Island Championships. Not sure what 2018 will be like.

Smithtown East - They lose some talent but they still have enough returning to compete in 2018.

Will there be any surprises in 2018?

Do Not forget about Riverhead, very young team with a ton of talent, will win it all next year and the years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our family has been locked up against GC lacrosse for almost 15 years. They never seem to have a down year and when they do, they are still better than 95% of the rest of us. Look at the model. Never a top 25 Nassau scorer. They run a ton of kids out there and not just 12 like the rest of us who play an isolation offense running 1 girl in to a brick wall of defenders.

Their community embraces the sport but their youth program teaches the game the right way and doesn't let any PAL coaches kid score 80% of the points. They grow youth interest the right way. congratulations on another championship

Save it,they hate each other just like every other town on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

According to NYSPHSAA website (not updated for 2017 yet) GC has now won 15 of the last 23. 12 of 18 since 2000 and 7 in a row from 2006-2012. Mt. Sinai is having a great run, but they have a long way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC in a rout

MS in a drubbing

I see it as they have as many championships as Carl place right now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate or like each other, at least they pass the ball and play like a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you telling me that on winning teams girls actually pass the ball with purpose? Are you saying that allowing the same few girls to race to the goal every time they touch the ball is not the formula for winning?

Our coach doesn't have a problem with it, our coach actually values that type of play. The parents of the girls who display that style of play think it is just great and they are convinced it is why the girls win. The only problem is that it rarely (never) works in the playoffs. Our coach promotes the "ball hogs" and does not understand that their selfish play is a hinderance and the reason for the early exit in the playoffs.

Congrats to the teams that win and to the coaches who guide them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you telling me that on winning teams girls actually pass the ball with purpose? Are you saying that allowing the same few girls to race to the goal every time they touch the ball is not the formula for winning?

Our coach doesn't have a problem with it, our coach actually values that type of play. The parents of the girls who display that style of play think it is just great and they are convinced it is why the girls win. The only problem is that it rarely (never) works in the playoffs. Our coach promotes the "ball hogs" and does not understand that their selfish play is a hinderance and the reason for the early exit in the playoffs.

Waaaaaa!!! Your kid probably just isn't good enough for her teammates to pass her the ball. The players know who can catch and who can't. They're not stupid, or who's going to shoot at the goalie AGAIN or who can't catch lefty. Stop whining FAT MOM!!! We know who you are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waaaaaa!!! Your kid probably just isn't good enough for her teammates to pass her the ball. The players know who can catch and who can't. They're not stupid, or who's going to shoot at the goalie AGAIN or who can't catch lefty. Stop whining FAT MOM!!! We know who you are!

Wow, what a d--- you are. Now we all know where your selfish brat gets it from. I am not sure what team your daughter plays for but I can tell you that my daughters team lost because of the selfish play of three players and a lot of help from an incompetent coach. I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "we know who you are" . What I do know is if your daughter is one of the selfish players
Everybody knows who she is and her teammates can't stand her. I don't know who you are but I will guarantee that few if any of the other parents want anything to do with you. So carry on and continue to encourage your daughter to go to the goal every time she gets the ball and then watch as the team collapses and falls apart under the weight of her selfish play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why MS or WM coach didn't get coach of the year for Suffolk Monday night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why MS or WM coach didn't get coach of the year for Suffolk Monday night.
why on earth would h the ward Melville coach get coach of the year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why on earth would h the ward Melville coach get coach of the year

Here we go!

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 214 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard